Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trump Renews His Old 9/11 Lie (Read 407 times)
AiA
Gold Member

Trump Renews His Old 9/11 Lie
Sep 15th, 2019 at 5:22am

President Trump Claims He Was At Ground Zero On Sept. 11. But Was He?

... there was still some surprise this week when at services to mark the 18th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, the president insisted, "Soon after, I went down to Ground Zero with men who worked for me to try to help in any little way that we could ... We were not alone. So many others were scattered around trying to do the same. They were all trying to help."

Richard Alles, battalion chief of the New York Fire Department at the time of the attacks, spent several months in the smoking, choking ruins at ground zero. He told PolitiFact this summer, "I was there for several months — I have no knowledge of his being down there." He added that there would be a record of Donald Trump sending a hundred or more workers to aid in the harrowing recovery efforts at Ground Zero; there is not.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/14/760683504/opinion-president-trump-claims-he-was-a...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Trump Renews His Old 9/11 Lie
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 7:20am

AiA wrote on Sep 15th, 2019 at 5:22am:
"Soon after, I went down to Ground Zero with men who worked for me to try to help in any little way that we could ... We were not alone. So many others were scattered around trying to do the same. They were all trying to help."

To be fair, the F A T orange puke did help all of those suffering that day by proclaiming his building was now the tallest in N.Y.C.

You can't get any more patriotic than that.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 8:54am

Trump was there.

Where were you aia?

Hiding under your bed?

Were you even in the US back then or were you still living in Pakistan?

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 9:53am

SerialBrain9 wrote on Sep 15th, 2019 at 8:54am:
Trump was there.

Where were you aia?

Hiding under your bed?

Where were you?

Standing in line at the welfare office?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 10:17am

SerialBrain9 wrote on Sep 15th, 2019 at 8:54am:
Trump was there.

Where were you aia?

Hiding under your bed?

Were you even in the US back then or were you still living in Pakistan?

There is no evidence to support Trump's claim. Stepping out onto the sidewalk in front of Trump Tower and lying just doesn't count for anything.  Sorry MAGAnic.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 1:02pm

President Trump Claims He Was At Ground Zero On Sept. 11. But Was He?

... there was still some surprise this week when at services to mark the 18th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, the president insisted, "Soon after, I went down to Ground Zero with men who worked for me to try to help in any little way that we could ... We were not alone. So many others were scattered around trying to do the same. They were all trying to help."

Richard Alles, battalion chief of the New York Fire Department at the time of the attacks, spent several months in the smoking, choking ruins at ground zero. He told PolitiFact this summer, "I was there for several months — I have no knowledge of his being down there." He added that there would be a record of Donald Trump sending a hundred or more workers to aid in the harrowing recovery efforts at Ground Zero; there is not.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/14/760683504/opinion-president-trump-claims-he-was-a...

No no, Mr Trump went to ground zero a few months later for a photo shoot. The men who worked for him were his bodyguards. Mr Trump tried to help anyway he could by waving to construction workers and giving them the thumbs-up.

Now stop spreading lies about Mr Trump, okay?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2019 at 1:04pm

Marla wrote on Sep 15th, 2019 at 7:20am:
"Soon after, I went down to Ground Zero with men who worked for me to try to help in any little way that we could ... We were not alone. So many others were scattered around trying to do the same. They were all trying to help."

To be fair, the F A T orange puke did help all of those suffering that day by proclaiming his building was now the tallest in N.Y.C.

You can't get any more patriotic than that.

Exactly. You see? When you're given lemons, make lemonade.

What a courageous man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print