Send Topic Print
9/11 Jumpers (Read 13641 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: 9/11 Jumpers
Reply #180 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 2:18pm

Because... when they replay a point of view of news footage with the repeated explosion sound determined to be floors collapsing, it is assumed that more than one person heard what was heard. Hence the term "we".

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #181 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 2:23pm

Ajax wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:13am:
Jet fuel and office fires cannot burn hot enough to melt structural steel even if the structural steel was unprotected.

Steel melts at approximate 1,300 degrees C.  The Fires in the WTC were registered to be approximately 1,000+ degrees C.   At approximately 1,000 degrees C, steel expands and weakens.  You seem to believe that the steel must become liquid for a fire to affect it.  Why?

Quote:
But all high rise buildings have fire proofing / refractory line the steel structure.

The "refractory lining" in the WTC was stripped from the steel structure by the explosion of the airliners in a confined space.  It had no affect on the fire affecting the steel structure.

This is all contained in National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Federal Building and Fire Safety Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (August 30, 2006).  I recommend you read it to get the FACTS about what occurred in the WTC.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #182 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 2:27pm

Ajax wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:16am:
Where is the top section....?

Why is the building erupting like a volcano..?

It is what happens when a building collapsed vertically.  The dust and ash flies upwards and to the sides.

Quote:
What is causing things to fly up vertically into the air...??

Why is the concrete pulverised into dust......?

What should happen to it, in your imagination?

Quote:
Why did the buildings fall down at free fall speed...?

In the case of the WTC it didn't actually reach that speed because of the impeding floors.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
Only one thing can explain it.

A controlled demolition.

Actually the impact of a 767 sized aeroplane explains it rather well.  The evidence is before your eyes but you refuse to see it.   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2019 at 5:15pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 4:19pm

The biggest flaw in the controlled demolition theory is motive. There would have been nothing achieved by completely demolishing the towers that wasnt achieved by the 2 planes flying into them. It does not make rational sense or logic for a grand conspiracy to occur by the authorities involving thousands of potential witnesses for no apparent purpose.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #184 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 8:58am

The strength of steel decreases with temperature:

In addition to this, creep can set in from as low as 360 C.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #185 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:11am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 2:23pm:
Ajax wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:13am:
Jet fuel and office fires cannot burn hot enough to melt structural steel even if the structural steel was unprotected.

Steel melts at approximate 1,300 degrees C.  The Fires in the WTC were registered to be approximately 1,000+ degrees C.   At approximately 1,000 degrees C, steel expands and weakens.  You seem to believe that the steel must become liquid for a fire to affect it.  Why?

Quote:
But all high rise buildings have fire proofing / refractory line the steel structure.

The "refractory lining" in the WTC was stripped from the steel structure by the explosion of the airliners in a confined space.  It had no affect on the fire affecting the steel structure.

This is all contained in National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Federal Building and Fire Safety Investigation of the World Trade Center Disaster Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (August 30, 2006).  I recommend you read it to get the FACTS about what occurred in the WTC.  Roll Eyes

The fires did not burn hot enough to melt steel or for the steel to fail because of the heat it absorbed, the fires as evident by the black smoke were fuel rich diffuse fires which burn between 500°C to 700°C.

This temperature will reduce the steels yield point and ultimate tensile strength but it is not enough to bring down the towers, don’t forget the structural steel in the towers would have had a safety factor of between 1.5 to 3 as standard if not more.

The maximum temperature of the fire would have been realised within the first 30 seconds of the explosion while its radiative heat intensity may have been initially high it was not concentrated as we saw from the blast and most would have gone into the atmosphere, the big fire ball.

What was left of the unburned jet fuel created the black smoke which in itself reduces the radiative heat of the fire even further, so the fires didn’t burn hot enough to melt steel and they didn’t burn hot enough for the steel to fail structurally.

We have seen many examples of building burning for days lit like a torch and yet never in the history of modern high rise buildings has fire brought one of them down, the twin towers are the exception and not the norm.

Now about the refractory lining of the steel structure, while I agree with you in principle that some of the refractory lining would have come off the steel structure around the impact zone ONLY in my opinion not enough would have come of and that’s beside the point because like I said above the fires were not hot enough to cause collapse through heating of the steel.

The refractory lining a few floors further from the impact zone would not have come off.

You make it sound as though all the refractory lining from top to bottom of the steel structure just peeled of once the planes hit.

Refractory lining once it sets is like concrete, trying to get it off is not easy, you will need a  jack hammer, easy to apply not easy to remove.

NIST the people that denied all the non-government engineers and architects who wanted to inspect the site to determine why the buildings fell for future design best practice. The people that instead of creating the greatest forensic site ever over at least 6 months, had the steel cut and shipped to china within a month, these same people that didn’t let anyone else on site bar themselves, you want me to believe those people.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #186 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:14am

You are getting ahead of yourself Ajax. Let's try some simpler questions first.

Do you think that a layer of insulation makes something fire proof?

What do you think is the maximum temperature jet fuel can burn at?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #187 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:17am

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2019 at 8:58am:
The strength of steel decreases with temperature:

https://ascelibrary.org/cms/attachment/669d8aa3-e5d6-44bf-b841-f8e9e7336f7d/figu...

In addition to this, creep can set in from as low as 360 C.

Thanks FD, you should read up on creep my friend not a very interesting subject but one worth knowing.

Creep doesn't happen in 60 minutes, proof that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing..... Wink

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #188 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:22am

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:14am:
You are getting ahead of yourself Ajax. Let's try some simpler questions first.

Do you think that a layer of insulation makes something fire proof?

Yes it does, otherwise how would a steel enclosure became a furnace, the refractory lining within the furnace is what makes it a furnace while protecting the steel.

How do you think steel ingots come out of the furnace white hot and ready to be rolled.

Also on high rise buildings why bother with all that expense of having people refractory line the steel structure if it didn't fire proof the steel structure, btw its law that you have to get it done.

Fire safe walkways are another example of fire proofing in certain industries.

Quote:
What do you think is the maximum temperature jet fuel can burn at?

Mixed with pure oxygen up around 3000°C.

Burning in air about 1000°C

Burning in a fuel rich fire in air about 700°C

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #189 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:28am

I doubt there is a maximum temperature.

Insulation does not fire proof anything. It just slows down the heat transfer. In your idiotic furnace example, it slows it down enough for the furnace to work. You are confusing advertising with physics.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #190 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:33am

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2019 at 9:28am:
I doubt there is a maximum temperature.

Insulation does not fire proof anything. It just slows down the heat transfer. In your idiotic furnace example, it slows it down enough for the furnace to work. You are confusing advertising with physics.

Ok Einstein, a little knowledge is very dangerous indeed...LMFAO........ Kiss

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #191 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 10:00am

Speaking of a little knowledge being dangerous, you have said there would have been a safety factor of 1.5 to 3, yet by your own admission the fire would have reached temperatures high enough to reduce the strength of steel by a factor of more than 3.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #192 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 12:30pm

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2019 at 10:00am:
Speaking of a little knowledge being dangerous, you have said there would have been a safety factor of 1.5 to 3, yet by your own admission the fire would have reached temperatures high enough to reduce the strength of steel by a factor of more than 3.

Roll EyesLucky your not an engineer FD... Roll Eyes

Sorry mate but you don't know what you are talking about, I guess that's why most people believe in the NIST report.

I'll try and dig something up especially for you FD..... Wink

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #193 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 12:33pm

This isn't it FD.

Its an example of modern high rise can take a fire without collapse.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 12:48pm

Ajax wrote on Sep 22nd, 2019 at 12:30pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2019 at 10:00am:

Roll EyesLucky your not an engineer FD... Roll Eyes

Sorry mate but you don't know what you are talking about, I guess that's why most people believe in the NIST report.

I'll try and dig something up especially for you FD..... Wink

We know you have no idea with engineering, engineers call it a Factor Of Safety.

If something has a breaking load of 100kg then with a Factor Of safety of 2 the maximum permitted load is 50KG, if the FOS is 3 then maximum permitted load is 33.3 kg.

The Factor of Safety is calculated to breaking load not yield stress. When tensile loads are applied things elongate with elastic deformation and spring back to their original shape when load is removed if the Youngs Modulus of material has not been exceeded, if the Youngs Modulus has been exceed they go through inelastic deformation and don't spring back to original shape.

The NIST report mentioned buckling failure with beams because the yield point had been exceeded (Youngs Modulus). Buckling failures are compression failures.

As an engineer i can say there is nothing in the NIST report i disagree with they did have over 1000 non government engineers working on it.

Physics proves the Potential and Kinetic energy of the falling top part of the WTC buildings were equivalent to hundreds of tons of TNT so no explosives were needed once 10+ stories of building started to fall.

All Ajax has proved is his ignorance with Physics and Engineering.  Grin

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Send Topic Print