Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tesla Pickup Truck unveiling in November (Read 786 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tesla Pickup Truck unveiling in November
Sep 10th, 2019 at 12:07pm

Check it out. Hey scumo you can now offer the tradies a truck that will save them money by not having to take it up the arse at the fossil fool bowser and getting ripped off on service and spares. Surely the LNP should endorse something that saves people money ??

Quote:
The long-awaited reveal of Tesla’s pickup truck will most likely take place November, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said in response to a Twitter follower’s question.

Tesla’s first crack at one of America’s most popular body styles, which will begin production after the Model Y, has been the topic of much speculation from Tesla and electric vehicle fans collectively. Information regarding the truck is vague, but Elon Musk has released a number of details, most notably a possible 300,000-lb towing capacity.

The truck is also rumored to have a starting price of $49,000, pack 400 to 500 miles of battery electric range, and have a driver’s seat that will fit Andre the Giant, according to Elon Musk.

While Tesla has released a teaser image of the truck, there is no official rendering for what the truck will look like. Elon Musk has described it has “cyberpunk” and said that it will be “pretty sci-fi…It’s kind of like a blade-runner truck”.

Tesla will be joining Amazon CEO-backed Rivian and Ford to compete in one of the auto industry’s top-selling markets in the United States. In 2018, the top 3 selling vehicles included Ford’s F-Series, the Chevrolet Silverado, and the Dodge Ram.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Tesla Pickup Truck unveiling in November
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:03am

It looks nice, but I can't see it being adopted by those who would use it for it's traditional "pickup truck" roles.

Given that I've got 2 utes currently, I'd be keen to swap one for the aesthetics alone.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:01pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:03am:
It looks nice, but I can't see it being adopted by those who would use it for it's traditional "pickup truck" roles.

Given that I've got 2 utes currently, I'd be keen to swap one for the aesthetics alone.

One of the not so obvious features is that it will be able to deliver heavy duty mains to power power tools. I think a 100kWh battery would have no trouble doing this  Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:37pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:01pm:

One of the not so obvious features is that it will be able to deliver heavy duty mains to power power tools. I think a 100kWh battery would have no trouble doing this  Wink

That's actually awesome.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 8:47pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 5:01pm:

thats a game changer for tradies who now have to lug generators everywhere.

And campers Wink

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print