Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Crap Decision (Read 578 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Another Crap Decision
Sep 7th, 2019 at 9:40am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/driver-charged-over-student-death-was...

Attorney-General Mark Speakman will urgently review the case of a man serving jail time in the community for driving offences who allegedly mowed down and killed a 12-year-old boy yesterday.

The unlicensed driver, Rabieh Abdulrahman, has a history of violence, driving high on drugs and carrying weapons.
But instead of being behind bars, Abdulrahman is serving his
jail sentence in the community, and yesterday morning he allegedly ploughed his car into a Sydney Technical High School student in Hurstville. Abdulrahman was charged with manslaughter, dangerous driving causing death an
d driving unlicensed after the crash.

Late last night Mr Speakman said he would review Abdhttp://www.ozpolitic.com/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/bold.gifulrahman’s case. “I have asked the Department of Communities and Justice to provide me with a transcript of relevant proceedings involving the alleged offender, which I will review.”

Abdulrahman was sentenced to a one-year intensive corrections order on October 4 after being convicted of assaulting a police officer, carrying knives in a public place, driving a vehicle under the influence of drugs, carrying a weapon and resisting arrest.

The intensive corrections order is a term of imprisonment to be served in the community until October 4 this year.

“An ICO is a custodial sentence of up two years that the court decides can be served in the community,” the Department of Justice states.

“Community safety is the court’s paramount consideration when making this decision.”

Yesterday, while serving that jail sentence Abdulrahman allegedly hit the boy, then got out of his car and lit a cigarette. Later the 36-year-old was photographed sticking up both middle fingers of his cuffed hands while police surrounded him.

The Sydney Technical High School Year 7 student, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was hit by Abdulrahman’s white Toyota Corolla at 8.40am on the corner of Lily St and Forest Rd outside Hurstville Public School.

Harrowing footage taken by a security camera at a nearby business shows the boy crossing the street when he is collected by the sedan, which then crashed into the school’s fence with the teen trapped underneath.

Abas Nazari had just started work as a painter at a home nearby when he heard the crash.

“After about two seconds I heard the screaming,” he said.

Mr Nazari alleged that the driver made no attempt to help after the sickening impact.

“The driver didn’t say anything, he just got out and started smoking — he didn’t try to help,” Mr Nazari said.

St George Acting Superintendent Chief Inspector Craig James said students, parents, teachers, passers-by and an off-duty paramedic tried desperately to save the boy’s life — but he was pronounced dead at Sydney Children’s Hospital.

“It was school drop-off time, there were a number of kids being dropped off at school, teachers that ran out to the scene, the general public — this is absolutely awful for them,” Chief Inspector James said.

Kogarah state Labor MP Chris Minns delivered a message on behalf of Sydney Technical High School. “Students and staff have been provided with counselling to support them and also have contact numbers so that they can access help over the weekend or later if needed,” he posted on Facebook.

Education Department Secretary Mark Scott thanked those who tried to help. “Thanks to all (who are) working tirelessly to support school communities after this morning’s terrible accident,” Mr Scott said. “So shocking and devastating for students, parents and teachers at this sudden, tragic loss.”

The Education Department said it would also provide support to Hurstville Public School, where the victim attended until his graduation last year.

“The student was a much-loved member of each school community,” a spokesman said.

“The school community’s thoughts and heartfelt sympathy are with the student’s family and friends.”

THE AUTHORITIES HAVE COMPLETELY LOST THE PLOT.

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Another Crap Decision
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:03am

Usual Suspect?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 11:35am

Whoever signed off on him doing community detention needs to be held fully accountable for this.

IBI

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 11:47am

He must be  Freemason.

Did police find a horny old goat at the scene?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 12:22pm

You're right cods. Do we need any more evidence that crims in the general community just doesn't work?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 4:33pm

Imprisonment in the community I think we need much better terminology for this. Also, someone who's assaulted police need to be in jail INSIDE THE BLOODY JAIL

At least he's not out on bail

His lawyer Mohamed Said told the courtroom he would not be applying for bail and it was formally refused.

Outside court Mr Said said the incident was "very tragic."

IBI

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 5:10pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 11:47am:
He must be  Freemason.

Did police find a horny old goat at the scene?

If they did, this muslim piece of sh!t would have been busy abusing it instead of killing an innocent young boy.....

Hopefully he'll get what he deserves sooner rather than later.........because the Court certainly doesn't know what justice means.....

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 5:12pm

It's time the magistrates became accountable for their stupid decisions.

If someone re-offendeds or commits a serious crime after being let off by a moronic magistrate or judge.
The magistrate or judge should have to serve the same sentence as the turd they allowed free.

Make the base turds responsible

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:58pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 4:33pm:
Imprisonment in the community I think we need much better terminology for this. Also, someone who's assaulted police need to be in jail INSIDE THE BLOODY JAIL

His lawyer Mohamed Said told the courtroom he would not be applying for bail and it was formally refused.

we will be putting them up in 5 star motels next...

I can only presume this person has brain damage...

and has no respect for authority.

the very same authority that is meant to safe guard the public...it allows him on the streets.and now a boy has been killed....

while  this guy will end up with the best our health depts can throw at him..... Angry Angry Angry

someone needs to be suspended until we get an explanation  why he was in JAIL ON THE STREETS..

no one understands it.. Angry

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #9 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:46am

cods wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:58pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 4:33pm:

we will be putting them up in 5 star motels next...

I can only presume this person has brain damage...

and has no respect for authority.

the very same authority that is meant to safe guard the public...it allows him on the streets.and now a boy has been killed....

while  this guy will end up with the best our health depts can throw at him..... Angry Angry Angry

someone needs to be suspended until we get an explanation  why he was in JAIL ON THE STREETS..

no one understands it.. Angry

I'll lay money on the premise that if a member of the public or the child's parents beat the shite out of that deadbeat, they would serve time.

The legal system in Australia (note legal, not justice) IS BADLY BROKEN.
Criminals have more rights than the people they have wronged.
The judges and magistrates are so far out of touch or even corrupt so that they never consider the impacts these crimes have on real humans.

Rape, child molestation, murder, are not forgotten after a few years as the LAW believes.
A rape victim does not just "get over it" after a few years that the animal who raped her serves, it's a life sentence for her.

A child, molested, does not just "get over it" after a few years that the disgusting rock spider serves behind bars, if any at all. For that child their whole life is destroyed.

For a murdered victim the and their grieving family do not just "get over it" after a few years that the murderer has served in luxury, they suffer the remainder of their lives.

It's time the judges and magistrates "GET OVER THEMSELVES" and realise that just because it "NOT SO SERIOUS" To them, it is very serious to the victims and the families of the victims.

Judges and magistrates, the legal system as a whole, has been far too self regulated for far too long.
Let's get a system where they are Truely scrutinised for their STUPID decisions.
Judges love to hear themselves speak,
They pontificate with such authority ( that they believe they have) and put forward their own twisted sense of legal application.

Every case should be tested against the victims needs
The victim should set the punishment
Perhaps then, criminals would be more fearful of doing wrong.

The only laws that are ALWAYS AND STUDIOUSLY UPHELD are fines and crimes against the grubberment.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print