Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
vegans may face higher stroke risk (Read 2191 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

vegans may face higher stroke risk
Sep 6th, 2019 at 8:34pm

Vegans at higher risk of disease and illness than meat eaters, who would have thought.
https://thewest.com.au/news/health/british-medical-journal-study-finds-vegetaria...

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: vegans may face higher stroke risk
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:27am

What they dont say is its not because they dont eat meat but because of all the poisonous crap they eat instead of meat because the media tells them they have to have a meat "substitute".

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:11am

rhino wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 8:34pm:
Vegans at higher risk of disease and illness than meat eaters, who would have thought.
https://thewest.com.au/news/health/british-medical-journal-study-finds-vegetaria...

I would of thought it reasonable that vegan activists suffer strokes ......

about 50 strokes of the rattan.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:12am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:27am:
What they dont say is its not because they dont eat meat but because of all the poisonous crap they eat instead of meat because the media tells them they have to have a meat "substitute".

Spot

Source?

IBI

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 9:14am

Gordon wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:12am:

Spot

Source?

Common sense. They eat unprocessed soy among other things

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 9:36am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 9:14am:

Spot

Source?

Spot

Which is a poor reflection on veganism.
Eggs and dairy is such a great and healthy source of protein.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:00am

... especially if they take on Spanish rabbit farmers ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:02am

Gordon wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 9:36am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 9:14am:

Spot

Source?

Spot

Which is a poor reflection on veganism.
Eggs and dairy is such a great and healthy source of protein.

One of the ex's kids is a Vegan - we've tried the
(stuff)
they eat, and there is a basic rule - if it tastes bad, it's not good for you - that stuff tastes bad .... fortunately his daughters don't follow in their dad's footsteps ... they eat meat in front of him ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:15am

Every vegan I meet seems really drawn in the face, skinny (boney), pale and they just don't look healthy.
Good luck to them.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 4:26pm

I love tofu and eat it a few times a week and I also regularly eat chick peas, lentils which after a google I see are in the top 10 protein sources for vegans.

No 1 is Seitan which I've never heard of but is some manufactured crap made of wheat made to look like a meat loaf.

Dropping meat would be no drama for me if I keep eggs and dairy.

IBI

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 5:07pm

Tofu is usually safe although it's not as full of vitamins as you would think. It's the unprocessed stuff that's bad. The Asians turned it into Tofu and sit sauce for a reason.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 5:25pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 5:07pm:
Tofu is usually safe although it's not as full of vitamins as you would think. It's the unprocessed stuff that's bad. The Asians turned it into Tofu and sit sauce for a reason.

Spot

It should be an accompaniment or occasional main.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 6:08pm

Veganism isn't based on 'Unprocessed' rebellion.
As many 'vegetables and fruits' are processed (let alone 'sprayed', etc) foods as well as meat.

Besides
Vegans verse Carnism,
it will soon be
'Processed verse   Wild
'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:17pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:15am:
Every vegan I meet seems really drawn in the face, skinny (boney), pale and they just don't look healthy.
Good luck to them.

Not to mention their mental state...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:23pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 4:26pm:
I love tofu and eat it a few times a week and I also regularly eat chick peas, lentils which after a google I see are in the top 10 protein sources for vegans.

No 1 is Seitan which I've never heard of but is some manufactured crap made of wheat made to look like a meat loaf.

Dropping meat would be no drama for me if I keep eggs and dairy.

**yum** chick peas... the French call them 'poor peas' ... no idea why... maybe because they are a favourite with the pieds noirs...

Wow - just read a book about Arnhem (again - thanks Brian) post the battle and with the German revenge on the Dutch... apparently some girls who survived on tulip bulbs (yuk) instead of wheat were better off - but when they were fed 'Kelviinators from the sky' Yank white bread they developed coeliac ... many died....

No wonder the Dutch don't love the Germans... no wonder many Dutch emigrated ... The Lucky country has no internal wars... yet ...

This reminds you of the reality shown in Band of Brothers, where the concentration camp inmates could not be fed too much or too good food.. bring them on slowly .. too much of a shock to the system.

You need to bring them on slowly with increasing amounts of an increasingly rich soup, then stew ... keep the hydration up and slowly introduce vitamins and minerals and such ...

Damn I hate to see starving children...

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:11am

Spot

Very few of the vegetarians and vegans i know eat fake meat products. They're pretty universally looked down upon. I reckon they're only bought by confused relatives hosting a vego or veegs to dinner or a BBQ.

But you're right about soy. Interestingly, it may not just be the overprocessed crap we get (and it's in everything, not just fake meat, seriously people, check your ingredients), it's that Asians seem to have developed specific enzymes to process soy than isn't lurking in the guts of your random person of other than Asian descent.

But as to this study, my money's on B12. Were it cholesterol as also hypothesised, we;d not see the significant reduction in heart disease in vegos and veegs.

So that mushrooms and Vegemite on the shopping list for those looking.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:47am

I've met a woman who lives on nothing at all - the odd cup of herbal tea or fruit juice, but rarely. She's a Kriya Yoga nun from Germany, a former doctor.

I've met people she's stayed with who watched her closely for a few weeks. They confirmed it. Without food, she literally burns with a sort of vibrant.and compassionate intelligence. When Yeheshua said, man does not live alone but by the very word of God, it would seem He meant it literally.

This nun lives on divine energy. She doesnt advertise it, she'd probably deny it. I've rarely heard her speak at all. She spends her entire day working too - she has a happy determination about her. She has a radiance I've never seen in others.

Of all the spiritual powers one might receive, I doubt the ability to live without food is one anyone would really want. Telepathy, levitation, X ray vision, sure. But giving up food and drink? Why?

Don't try it at home, leftards, but know that you can indeed transcend physical rules once you learn new ones.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:52am

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:47am:
I've met a woman who lives on nothing at all - the odd cup of herbal tea or fruit juice, but rarely. She's a Kriya Yoga nun from Germany, a former doctor.

I've met people she's stayed with who watched her closely for a few weeks. They confirmed it. Without food, she literally burns with a sort of vibrant.and compassionate intelligence. When Yeheshua said, man does not live alone but by the very word of God, it would seem He meant it literally.

This nun lives on divine energy. She doesnt advertise it, she'd probably deny it. I've rarely heard her speak at all. She spends her entire day working too - she has a happy determination about her. She has a radiance I've never seen in others.

Of all the spiritual powers one might receive, I doubt the ability to live without food is one anyone would really want. Telepathy, levitation, X ray vision, sure. But giving up food and drink? Why?

Don't try it at home, leftards, but know that you can indeed transcend physical rules once you learn new ones.

Gordy and Setanta were just mocking this in another thread.

No doubt they'll think she thinks she's superior to them and put her in her place. They're touchy about that.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 6:59am

mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:52am:

No doubt they'll think she thinks she's superior to them and put her in her place. They're touchy about that.

We all start off that way, Mothra, but once we progress we come to realise no one's superior to anyone else, not even the tinted races.

Atoms, cells, animals, humans, we're all superior because we have the life force. Sometimes you meet people who seem genuinely curious, who really want to spend time with someone else who's actually alive.

It's hard, I know. You have to humour them and get back to your internet or whatever. They may even be your children. But apparently, that time spent is never wasted.

That's what they tell me, anyway.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:50am

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 6:59am:
mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:52am:

We all start off that way, Mothra, but once we progress we come to realise no one's superior to anyone else, not even the tinted races.

Atoms, cells, animals, humans, we're all superior because we have the life force. Sometimes you meet people who seem genuinely curious, who really want to spend time with someone else who's actually alive.

It's hard, I know. You have to humour them and get back to your internet or whatever. They may even be your children. But apparently, that time spent is never wasted.

Whilst I am with you on the bemusement over claims of superiority, I'm afraid you leave me quite cold on the esoteric concept of time management.

Perhaps I have still much to learn but I remain guarded about where I spend my energy.

And if the internet has taught me anything, it has taught me that. FD's hosting a stunning example.

Adaption, innit.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #20 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:55am

Should newborn babies and children be raised as airitarians?

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:59am

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:55am:

Why do you think that woman's choices mean anything at all for anyone else?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #22 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:01am

mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:59am:

Because like all who make her claim she's a fraud. A bit like you.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/breatharians/

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:04am

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:01am:

Do you feel better about yourself now?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:06am

mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:04am:

Yes because is Sunday and I'm having bacon for breakfast which is way more nutritious than cosmic energy  Grin  Grin  Grin

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:09am

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:06am:
mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:04am:

Yes because is Sunday and I'm having bacon for breakfast which is way more nutritious than cosmic energy  Grin  Grin  Grin

Enjoy. See if you can find a place in your heart to accept others for their difference. Then you can say it was a great breakfast and you'll have learned a wonderful parenting skill in the process.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #26 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:18am

Do the world a favor moths and become a strict Breatharian.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:22am

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:18am:

Such animosity. So telling.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #28 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:29am

mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:22am:

Well you've bought into Karnals nonsense of Breatharianism so there is no animosity as you will thrive off cosmic energy.

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:33am

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:35am

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:29am:

Well you've bought into Karnals nonsense of Breatharianism so there is no animosity as you will thrive off cosmic energy.

Have I? I don't recall doing so. I certainly know there are things on this wondrous planet that defy my understanding. My impulse is not to ridicule.

Yours is.

I think we are after different rewards.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:35am

Have I? I don't recall doing so. I certainly know there are things on this wondrous planet that defy my understanding. My impulse is not to ridicule.

Yours is.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #32 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:39am

Breatharianis should be ridiculed because they are frauds and liars.

IBI

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:43am

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:39am:

Yes. You think all sorts of people should be ridiculed. You take your kid out ridiculing.

It's what you do.

And we don't do much without a payoff.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:43am

is gordie looking for another scratch on the belly?

Aia,you're wanted.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:50am

John Smith wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:43am:
Aia,you're wanted.

John, you have confused me with that random man in the bushes whose cock you love to ride.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:51am

flip

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:53am

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:39am:

I had never heard of such a thing until this thread..

people claim all sorts of things gordy.as long as they are not selling it  who cares.?...

if this was valid  I think we would have heard more on the subject..especially as obesity is a major problem today.....I

am always suss when a couple are involved..I dont know why that is... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:59am

AiA wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:50am:
Aia,you're wanted.

John, you have confused me with that random man in the bushes whose cock you love to ride.

impossible! Everyone knows you have no cock.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:01am

cods wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:53am:
I had never heard of such a thing until this thread..

We all suspected your education was inadequate. Now we know.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:02am

John Smith wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:59am:
Aia,you're wanted.

That is actually a good comeback Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:04am

AiA wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:02am:
Aia,you're wanted.

According to bobby, it's also true.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #42 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:10pm

This thread was locked and as I see no reason for it to locked, now unlocked. If another mod locks this again, please leave a reason and a post.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:13pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:10pm:
This thread was locked and as I see no reason for it to locked, now unlocked. If another mod locks this again, please leave a reason and a post.

Oh!!!!!

Maybe it was FD who locked it?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #44 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:16pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:13pm:

Oh!!!!!

Maybe it was FD who locked it?

Maybe, he should have said so. Perhaps he's a breatharian and doesn't like fish as much as he makes out.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #45 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:17pm

I assumed the thread was a vegan, and had a stroke.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #46 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:18pm

flip

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:25pm

mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:35am:

Yours is.

My impulse is to be curious. I never accept claims without a bit of investigation or consideration.

Gordon is a containerist. He looks at the package things come in and says ah.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #48 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:27pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:25pm:

Yours is.

My impulse is to be curious. I never accept claims without a bit of investigation or consideration.

Karnel believes in woowoo  Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #49 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:32pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:27pm:

Yours is.

Or is it poopoo?

Miam Miam.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:42pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:04am:
AiA wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:02am:
Aia,you're wanted.

According to bobby, it's also true.

According to bobby,  you really know how to relax your jaw and ease up your gag reflex, John.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:42pm

flip

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #52 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:56pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 6:59am:

Karnal - on the higher path ?

WWW search.....
survival into the 21st century, breatharian

Quote:

Survival into the 21st Century: Planetary Healers Manual

https://www.amazon.com/Survival-into-21st-Century-Planetary/dp/0933278047

Survival into the 21st Century: Planetary Healers Manual
Viktoras Kulvinskas, Jean White, Dick Gregory

Viktoras' pioneering work is considered by many as a New Age Bible in the holistic and health field.

Although written 27 years ago

written 27 years ago ?

I've got a couple of copies dated 1975.

Watch out you don't trip over, stepping upon all of that slippery blood under your feet, K.

Karnal UserAvatar

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 5:49am

Gordon wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 9:27pm:

Yours is.

Gordon believes in an outer layer of pigmentation.

Superior container, innit. Inferior subfaeces.

Miam miam.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print