Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Got Milk?
Reply #45 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:45am

Gordon wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:46pm:
Setanta wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:26pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:19am:
Gordon wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:08am:
The logic vegans use is crap. You could argue any resource humans use is not meant for us.

Yes and most vegans think of animals as more than just resources.

You should at least understand what you spend so much time belittling, so as not to look look an idiot.

Do they think of fruits, nuts, etc as more than just resources? Like food? I mean wood is a resource as are many other things no-one eats, just resources. Food is more than "just a resource", it's food, something that sustains life, like water. Without these other resources don't matter.

Do Vegans see mother's milk as an animal product? It is.

Making a moral judgment on whether a particular resource is ethical to use is just a fashion of a particular time. Fruitarian who only eat fruit and seeds which can be harvested without killing the plant consider themselves more moral than vegans.

Breatharianism is the ultimate goal I guess. Anyway, for most of these clowns it's just a fashion afforded by over-abundance. Put them in a starvation situation and anything that walks or crawls is going in the pot Smiley

I think you are far too concerned with what moral judgement vegetarians and vegans are having on you than is good for you. The very moment you found out i was a vegetarian you asked if i thought i was superior to you. Very strange. I answwered 'no' of course, but that hasn't stopped you being strangely obsessed with it ever since.

But as to the pursuit of ethical integrity, every sttep along the way should be appreciated for what it is, not diminished as forsaken as a lost cause because it has further to go.

As to that further to go business, i'm simply happiest with myself when i don't eat things i can empathise with. I know this troubles you. I'm sorry for that. I've never claimed any form of superiority over anyone and i certainly don;t judge people what they choose to eat or not eat.

You judge though, don't you Gordy. You judge hard.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:05am

Setanta wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:26pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:19am:
Gordon wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:08am:
The logic vegans use is crap. You could argue any resource humans use is not meant for us.

Yes and most vegans think of animals as more than just resources.

You should at least understand what you spend so much time belittling, so as not to look look an idiot.

Do they think of fruits, nuts, etc as more than just resources? Like food? I mean wood is a resource as are many other things no-one eats, just resources. Food is more than "just a resource", it's food, something that sustains life, like water. Without these other resources don't matter.

Do Vegans see mother's milk as an animal product? It is.

Seriously, even for a troll that's lame.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:17am

mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:45am:
i'm simply happiest with myself when i don't eat things i can empathise with.

Yes, but you aren't taking into consideration the wild animals that were killed in agriculture to bring that vegan meatloaf to your table ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:19am

AiA wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:17am:
mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:45am:
i'm simply happiest with myself when i don't eat things i can empathise with.

Yes, but you aren't taking into consideration the wild animals that were killed in agriculture to bring that vegan meatloaf to your table ...

I don't eat vegan meatloaf ... and i;m acutely aware of the impact sustaining me has on the planet. I try to, accordingly, make my footprint as small as i can.

Without question though, i could do better. I am highly flawed.

Nonetheless, i think you will find most land clearing happens to grow meat. Both the animals themselves and food to grow them.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:25am

Wild animals are killed in agriculture, organic and non-organic - a fact that seems to escape many.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:29am

AiA wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:25am:
Wild animals are killed in agriculture, organic and non-organic - a fact that seems to escape many.

Yes. You said.

Do you use palm oil in anything? Washing detergent? Shampoo?

Or do you just not care about it because you cannot possibly be impeccable?

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:04am

mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:29am:

Yes. You said.

Wild animals are killed in agriculture, organic and non-organic - a fact that seems to escape many. I said it again. Why make the assumption I don't care?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:42am

AiA wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:04am:

Yes. You said.

Wild animals are killed in agriculture, organic and non-organic - a fact that seems to escape many. I said it again. Why make the assumption I don't care?

I'm sure you think you have a point, after all you keep repeating it.

I thought I had addressed it, mutifacedly even, yet it appears not for you continue to repeat it.

Perhaps I cannot help.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:59am

mothra wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:42am:
AiA wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:04am:

Yes. You said.

I'm sure you think you have a point, after all you keep repeating it.

I thought I had addressed it, mutifacedly even, yet it appears not for you continue to repeat it.

Perhaps I cannot help.

Anything cows can do Mothra can do better ...

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:25am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:21pm:
Well, Gonads, I suppose I could imagine the real possibility of you drinking the contents straight after "milking the cow". But, the reality is that you would not actually be feeling all that great afterward.

Bullshyte .......

I have drunk it warm from the cow before but I don't like "warm" milk what ever variety. I like it cold.

I drank fresh untreated milk from the dairy vat from 4yrs old to 10 yrs old.

Intermittently after that when returning to friends farm until I was 21yrs old.

Up til 12 months ago when my local Butcher closed down I was buying a product called Cleopatras Bath Milk.

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/rawmilk/

I've never been ill from drinking it.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:31am

Gnads wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 8:25am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:21pm:
Well, Gonads, I suppose I could imagine the real possibility of you drinking the contents straight after "milking the cow". But, the reality is that you would not actually be feeling all that great afterward.

Bullshyte .......

I have drunk it warm from the cow before but I don't like "warm" milk what ever variety. I like it cold.

I drank fresh untreated milk from the dairy vat from 4yrs old to 10 yrs old.

Intermittently after that when returning to friends farm until I was 21yrs old.

Up til 12 months ago when my local Butcher closed down I was buying a product called Cleopatras Bath Milk.

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/rawmilk/

I've never been ill from drinking it.

Either have I....and many others I know.
No allergies back then either.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #56 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 11:15pm

Just so that I understand: You would take the product of the cow's milk; place it in the fridge; and then get it out when chilled enough and drink the contents.... untreated?

Now, being a townsperson, I don't know much about dairy farming. Normally, I just go buy $2 "bugger you farmers" milk from the grocery store. But, I would assume that the milk goes through a few processes before the milk is drinkable. One is the separation of the cream from the milk.

Whatever flaws you have for the milk at the stores, it surely must be much more superior quality health-wise than what has just come out of the cow's udders.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #57 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 11:43pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 11:15pm:
Just so that I understand: You would take the product of the cow's milk; place it in the fridge; and then get it out when chilled enough and drink the contents.... untreated?

Now, being a townsperson, I don't know much about dairy farming. Normally, I just go buy $2 "bugger you farmers" milk from the grocery store. But, I would assume that the milk goes through a few processes before the milk is drinkable. One is the separation of the cream from the milk.

Whatever flaws you have for the milk at the stores, it surely must be much more superior quality health-wise than what has just come out of the cow's udders.

You do understand why the gene that produces the enzyme that lets us digest lactose as adults has spread itself across the eurasian steppe and throughout Europe? Horse milk, cow milk. The genes to use those as foods have have made those that have them dominant. Look at it this way, those that could not digest milk, died. We have sucked cow and horse tits for thousands of years and we have prospered. We have spread across the world and are the dominant part of our species. You speak our language, you live where we have expanded to. --~j

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #58 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 7:00am

72 degree's for 20 seconds

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 10:47am

Yes ... and when on the farm I drank it straight out of the vat in the dairy.

That's right typical Towny attitude you think the milk comes from the supermarket. And no when the cream is separated from milk you are left with cream and whey.  The process they use to make it "safe" to drink is pasteurization. They use homogenisation to distribute the cream evenly throughout the milk so you don't get the cream on top affect  Roll Eyes

Totally incorrect. Do women have to pasteurise or homogenise their breast milk before they give it to their child?

Honestly as I said you don't have a clue & yes you are a typical misinformed townie.

And my local milk product isn't over processed and is rich with cream & a far better  product than the watered down white shyte in Coles, Aldi & Woolies $1 milk.

It nearly costs the farmer $1 a litre to produce & in QLD they are getting 57 cents farm gate price.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2019 at 10:58am by Gnads »  

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print