“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Got Milk?
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:50pm

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:53pm

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:18am

You cant compare that "shyte" on supermarket shelves to the stuff that comes from a cows udder.
Milk straight from the cow is the best....and it's used by is a couple of hours....not days or weeks like that crap in the supermarket.

I wouldn't breast feed from a cow but I'll happily milk one then drink it....done it before.  Wink

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:47am

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:36am

I am not lactose intolerant but i cant drink pauls or baramba milk. Some chemical in it i guess. Baramaba is supposed to be one of those organic ones too.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:49am

Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:18am:
You cant compare that "shyte" on supermarket shelves to the stuff that comes from a cows udder.
Milk straight from the cow is the best....and it's used by is a couple of hours....not days or weeks like that crap in the supermarket.

I wouldn't breast feed from a cow but I'll happily milk one then drink it....done it before.  Wink

Where did you get that bs?  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:02am

Not only does the milk from a cow contain pus, but you would also need to have the milk pasteurised and go through all kinds of treatment before the cow's milk is ready for human consumption.

The idiocy of thinking that milk straight from the cow is better than the cow's milk after treatment.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:04am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:36am:
I am not lactose intolerant but i cant drink pauls or baramba milk. Some chemical in it i guess. Baramaba is supposed to be one of those organic ones too.

Spot

Amazes me how they can register the name as "Barambah" & are located on the QLD/NSW border.

Barambah is an area of the South Burnett and was also an electoral seat ...... once the seat of former Premier Joh Bjelke-Petersen who lived in Kingaroy.

Now the seat of Nanango through which runs Barambah Creek and Lake Barambah.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:08am

The logic vegans use is crap. You could argue any resource humans use is not meant for us.

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:10am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:02am:

Not only does the milk from a cow contain pus, but you would also need to have the milk pasteurised and go through all kinds of treatment before the cow's milk is ready for human consumption.

The idiocy of thinking that milk straight from the cow is better than the cow's milk after treatment.

And where did you get that bs?

I drank milk straight from the cow for years as a kid.

1. it lasts more than a couple of hours( unless you dairied pre-refrigeration) because collection tankers only come once or twice a week.

2. There's no "pus" in cows milk unless a cow has "mastitis" infection & that is treated and infected cows are not milked with the others nor their milk put in with the main supply.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:32am

Gnads wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:49am:

Where did you get that bs?  Grin

Figure of speech.
In comparison to the watered down crap on the shelf that health experts have brainslwashed people into believing is better for you.
Raw milk goes off quicker than the processed stuff...is what I should have written.

As for "pus" in the milk. Maybe if the cow was crook. Dunno.
We drank the stuff for years. We'd fight over the cream. Loved it.

Funnily enough I don't drink much milk anymore. Just a splash in the coffee.
I see there is the creamy stuff on shelves again now.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:07am

Gnads wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:04am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:36am:

Spot

Amazes me how they can register the name as "Barambah" & are located on the QLD/NSW border.

Barambah is an area of the South Burnett and was also an electoral seat ...... once the seat of former Premier Joh Bjelke-Petersen who lived in Kingaroy.

Now the seat of Nanango through which runs Barambah Creek and Lake Barambah.

Yeah I used to live in wondai - met flo at a thing. She is really tall even using a walker

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:19am

Gordon wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:08am:
The logic vegans use is crap. You could argue any resource humans use is not meant for us.

Yes and most vegans think of animals as more than just resources.

You should at least understand what you spend so much time belittling, so as not to look look an idiot.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:30am

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print