Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Australian SHAME. (Read 6574 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australian SHAME.
Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:24pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/canberra-star/mother-of-bradyn-dillo...

The mother of murdered boy Bradyn Dillon drugged his abusive father’s drink in an attempt to rescue him from further violence, an inquest has heard.

The nine-year-old died in February 2016 after being subjected to beatings by his father that were so severe they were described as “torture”.

On Tuesday Bradyn’s mother told an inquest into his death that she had alerted police, child protection workers, the courts and multiple government departments about Graham Dillon’s repeated physical abuse of their son as she tried to gain custody.

She broke down in tears as she recounted the desperate lengths she went to in late 2014 when she drove from Shepparton in Victoria to Canberra in a bid to get her son back and save him from further physical abuse at the hands of Dillon.

“I put 300 grams of Seroquel in his coffee so he could go to sleep so I could take (Bradyn) without him harming us,” she told the inquest.

Seroquel is an antipsychotic but drowsiness is one of the drug’s side effects.

This was after allegedly learning Bradyn had been taken to hospital for a sexual examination after Dillon had “interfered” with him, the inquest heard.

he mother, whose identity has been suppressed, also told the inquest Bradyn had begged not to be sent back into the custody of his father in a meeting with Victorian authorities in which he said: “Please don’t send me back to daddy”.

He had also screamed in protest when delivered back into Dillon’s custody.

Even in the moment Dillon took Bradyn away he was still threatening the mother with violence, making a gesture that suggested he was going to slice her throat as he took Bradyn away, she said.

Dillon is serving 36 years in prison after pleading guilty to Bradyn’s murder.

The inquest has heard Dillon’s treatment of the boy amounted to “torture” as he had subjected him to repeated physical abuse described as “brutal and cowardly”.

The mother said she had shown officers at Shepparton Police Station in Victoria photos of bullets and a gun sent by Dillon to her in December 2014.

He had posted the photos on Facebook accompanied by the message: ”Christmas presents for you … tick tock bitch”.

She told the inquest officers told her they did not want to “touch” her case as it dealt with federal jurisdiction.

“I wanted (the police) to help,” she said. “Someone was going to end up dead.”

She tried reaching out to child protection agencies in Victoria and the ACT, the Australian Federal Police, lawyers and various courts to alert them to Dillon’s violence but ultimately he maintained custody over Bradyn.

The court heard the mother occasionally smoked the drug ice but never in the presence of Bradyn.

She made calls two to three times every week “to anyone who I could think of who would actually listen to me and help”.

The ACT’s Child and Youth Protection Services were getting “crabby” with her due to her persistent phone calls, she claimed.

She obtained a protection order for her and Bradyn in Victoria but dropped it after Dillon promised to return Bradyn if she did so.

He never did.

[url]APPALING AUSTRALIA APPALLING.[/url]

and now a 2 yr old boy has been found dead with multiple injuries.....in Melb.... Cry Cry Cry Cry

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australian SHAME.
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:31pm

her big mistake was in dropping the vro.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:37pm

oh give me a break  look at all the dept she went too..

unbelievable   they need to all be answerable for this childs death and life... Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:39pm

She dropped the VRO, by doing that she was saying he did not constitute a threat. Theres more to this story than is being told here I suspect.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:53pm

rhino wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:31pm:
her big mistake was in dropping the vro.

... and in leaping into that lifestyle in the first place.... anyone who, by now, doesn't understand the utter stupidity of drug use is already lost...

Maybe we need another Stolen Generation.... children removed from nasty environments ..... give them to old bastards like me who've never touched the sh1t, and they might get a better life.  School's just across the road here......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:17am

heaven forbid these kids should get a better life, we cant have another stolen generation.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:44am

All Australian and State government departments and police are corrupt. They all believe they have impunity for offenses against the law.

They conspire with each other against ordinary law-abiding people.

If they were made accountable murders like this wouldn't happen.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:29am

The woman holds some responsibility in what happened to this child.

Why did this arsehole get custody?

Obviously because she was a "meth head" ....

she put drug use ahead of her child.

Bottom line neither of them should have had a child or the child.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:36am

He should be hanged.

Society needs cleaning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:55am

Gnads wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:29am:

could be but she went everywhere in our lousy system  this child was 9  why didnt someone ask him .... the child was taken out of school by his father.....

this is a catastrophic SYSTEM FAIL..

this 9 year old was kicked to death....I hope this monster gets due justice in jail...  I am not a violent person  but so help me he wouldnt be safe if I got my hands on him.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:56am

Bobby. wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:36am:
He should be hanged.

Society needs cleaning.

sometimes bobby you do have a point....in this ase I think it would be too quick.. I want him to suffer...

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:23am

Everyone the mother turned too did nothing and allowed this boy to remain in danger and it is the mothers fault the father killed his son....Why would anyone bother going to authorities to be ignored....The mother was right and the father killed their son whilst authorities did SFA???

Angry Angry Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:26am

So...a lack of social workers in Australia?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:28am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:23am:
Everyone the mother turned too did nothing and allowed this boy to remain in danger and it is the mothers fault the father killed his son....Why would anyone bother going to authorities to be ignored....The mother was right and the father killed their son whilst authorities did SFA???

Angry Angry Angry

Did I say it was the mothers fault?

I said she had "some" responsibility for the situation.

Otherwise that arsehole wouldn't have had custody.

That the system also failed this child & many others is a given.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:28am

there is going to be an investigation in the ACT...should also happen in Vic.....she doesnt sound as if she was the best mum in the world....but nothing compares to him..

now we have another male charged with killing a 2yr old in Melb....our crimes against children must be up with the world records.....

I am so angry... Angry Angry..

we need to come down on these monsters with such a heavy hand....instead we protect the bastards.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:37am

Gnads wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:28am:

Angry Angry Angry

Who accused you of anything....Why are you being defensive???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:37am

Maybe this???

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:43am

Bobby. wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:36am:
He should be hanged.

Society needs cleaning.

Some ethical cleansing?

Straighten up or fly right to Heaven or Paradise or whatever ... or just plain go to Hell....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:47am

Angry Angry Angry

WHY was he given custody....surely this child had other members in the family who would love and take care of him??

where the hell are our courts they have to have had some impact on this case.....I cant believe only the mother knew of the violence this child endured ..

something has to change..do the courts only listen to the mother and father ??? where are the extended family????   everyone has an extended family.....why are they not heard?.....even neighbours hear and see things....

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:50am

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:55am:

could be but she went everywhere in our lousy system  this child was 9  why didnt someone ask him .... the child was taken out of school by his father.....

this is a catastrophic SYSTEM FAIL..

this 9 year old was kicked to death....I hope this monster gets due justice in jail...  I am not a violent person  but so help me he wouldnt be safe if I got my hands on him.

Agreed - a nine year old would know if he wanted to go or stay.... I thought he said he didn't want to go back to 'daddy'....

As for your righteous anger, cods - we all have that potential in us.... that's why they designed courts in principle - to get away from the righteous wrath that might sometimes pick the wrong person to kill - now, of course, the courts do the picking pf the wrong person for us....

What LTYC said about such things as courts is the absolute truth....they need a thorough reaming and restructuring from ground up.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:55am

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:47am:

Angry Angry Angry

WHY was he given custody....surely this child had other members in the family who would love and take care of him??

where the hell are our courts they have to have had some impact on this case.....I cant believe only the mother knew of the violence this child endured ..

something has to change..do the courts only listen to the mother and father ??? where are the extended family????   everyone has an extended family.....why are they not heard?.....even neighbours hear and see things....

All true - the fact that they were both meth-heads was an instant red flag... how many innocents have to be brutally murdered by idiots like that before some solid policy is put in place for real action?

I actually met that guy up Grafton way who was a meth-head and beat his 'girl-friend's' son to death, even tearing the scalp from the kid's head with his hands .... needed shooting...

Bobby has a point..... we need a little more 'resisting arrest and assaulting with a knife etc' and needing to be shot.. sometimes.. for that kind anyway....

― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 11:55am

Angry Angry Angry

You need to read the whole article instead of focusing on the emotional click bait. The man had care of the child, the woman had a VRO in place for her and the child which would have seen him refused custody and access. She removed the VRO. Of course the agencies she was screaming to ignored her, she herself took away the only tool they could use.  . Be a critical thinker and ask yourself questions. 

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #22 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:54pm

rhino wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 11:55am:

Angry Angry Angry

You need to read the whole article instead of focusing on the emotional click bait. The man had care of the child, the woman had a VRO in place for her and the child which would have seen him refused custody and access. She removed the VRO. Of course the agencies she was screaming to ignored her, she herself took away the only tool they could use.  . Be a critical thinker and ask yourself questions. 

The mother was right and the father killed their son whilst authorities did SFA???

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:32pm

Angry Angry Angry

In the hope her ex would be reasonable....

he wasnt...

he kicked his son to death...

why do you keep pointing the finger at the mother??..

ues she made mistakes lots of them..

is that any reason to kick a 9yr old to death??????

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:52pm

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:32pm:

Angry Angry Angry

he wasnt...

He does it to "yank your chain", cods.

He admitted some time ago that his whole reason for being in this forum is to "yank people's chains".

He has no interest in debate - he's just a poo stirrer.

Ignore him, or yank back, but don't expect intelligent debate.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:02pm

I think Rhino is right. If she removed a restraining order on the husband, then she can hardly complain about the government not intervening. The government cannot watch over your kids for you. That is the parent's responsibility. She had the opportunity to protect her children from the man, with state authority to back it up, and she passed on the opportunity. No amount of whining or warning the authorities about how terrible he is can make up for that. The government doesn't split up families "just in case," and hindsight is always 20/20, but still worthless.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:13pm

Angry Angry Angry

Nope. Such agencies are well aware that there a multiple reasons why people either remove VFOs or do not seek them in the first place.

This is s gross failing of the system. Heads should roll.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:19pm

freediver wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:02pm:
I think Rhino is right. If she removed a restraining order on the husband, then she can hardly complain about the government not intervening. The government cannot watch over your kids for you. That is the parent's responsibility. She had the opportunity to protect her children from the man, with state authority to back it up, and she passed on the opportunity. No amount of whining or warning the authorities about how terrible he is can make up for that. The government doesn't split up families "just in case," and hindsight is always 20/20, but still worthless.

SERIOUSLY!!!!

if thats the case  why do we have so many child protection agencies????...[most useless by the look of things]..

we all know a piece of paper doesnt stop a deadbeat doing what he wants...

I am surprised he didnt kill her as well..

you really think a piece of paper will stop a lunatic??????... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:21pm

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:19pm:

SERIOUSLY!!!!

if thats the case  why do we have so many child protection agencies????...[most useless by the look of things]..

you really think a piece of paper will stop a lunatic??????... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

In fact, in a significant number of cases, it makes things a whole lot worse.

There agencies are supposed to be trained to individually determine. The failing is with them entirely.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:23pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:52pm:

Angry Angry Angry

he wasnt...

He admitted some time ago that his whole reason for being in this forum is to "yank people's chains".

I disagree he thinks like this  so do a lot of people..

an AVO DVO is a piece of paper that means nothing to a monster.....yet some people by the look of this think its magic...and  lot of women think it makes them "safe"  its total rubbish  in fact .. taking our these things makes the perp even more angry.....

and that was the case here....

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #30 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:23pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:13pm:

Angry Angry Angry

Nope. Such agencies are well aware that there a multiple reasons why people either remove VFOs or do not seek them in the first place.

This is s gross failing of the system. Heads should roll.

I agree!!!

From the OP edited....
Quote:
She tried reaching out to child protection agencies in Victoria and the ACT, the Australian Federal Police, lawyers and various courts to alert them to Dillon’s violence but ultimately he maintained custody over (killed) Bradyn.

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:25pm

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:23pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 5:52pm:

Angry Angry Angry

he wasnt...

I disagree he thinks like this  so do a lot of people..

an AVO DVO is a piece of paper that means nothing to a monster.....yet some people by the look of this think its magic...and  lot of women think it makes them "safe"  its total rubbish  in fact .. taking our these things makes the perp even more angry.....

and that was the case here....

What's more it leads to the dangersous belief that a person not be believed lest they have ticked certain boxes; performed certain duties.

Evidently, as this case proves, that is an unsteady determinant that leads not #only to victim blaming but poor outcomes.

We know better than that.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:26pm

Isn't it a parent's responsibility to not torture and murder their children?

Didn't he have the opportunity to not torture and murder his son?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:27pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:21pm:

SERIOUSLY!!!!

In fact, in a significant number of cases, it makes things a whole lot worse.

There agencies are supposed to be trained to individually determine. The failing is with them entirely.

couldnt agree more  maybe its time for a ROYAL: it seems to be the only way everything comes out...

this is absolutely tragic and a little boy has paid the ultimate price.....

now we have a 2 yr old and a male in jail....its all to common......how many babies and young children have we lost that have been known to the authorities???????.....  they should be totally ashamed...all those she turned too should be named...

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:49pm

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:54pm:

Angry Angry Angry

The mother was right and the father killed their son whilst authorities did SFA???

The VRO would have ensured at least she got sole custody of the child and at the most he would have had supervised access. She removed the VRO. VRO's are not useless, it means if they are breached the police have the power to arrest the person named. The legal avenue that was given to her to gain sole access to her child was removed by herself.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:51pm

rhino wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:49pm:

Angry Angry Angry

The VRO would have ensured at least she got sole custody of the child and at the most he would have had supervised access. 

Everyone with a VRO against them has had supervised access?

You sure about that?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:53pm

Hearing those voices again Pecca, you should take something for that. Give yourself an uppercut for contributing a minus to the thread.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:56pm

rhino wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:53pm:
Hearing those voices again Pecca, you should take something for that. Give yourself an uppercut for contributing a minus to the thread.

So, not so sure now?   Smiley

That's another lesson; free, once again.

You're welcome   Wink

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:02pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:55am:
cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:47am:

Angry Angry Angry

All true - the fact that they were both meth-heads was an instant red flag... how many innocents have to be brutally murdered by idiots like that before some solid policy is put in place for real action?

I actually met that guy up Grafton way who was a meth-head and beat his 'girl-friend's' son to death, even tearing the scalp from the kid's head with his hands .... needed shooting...

Bobby has a point..... we need a little more 'resisting arrest and assaulting with a knife etc' and needing to be shot.. sometimes.. for that kind anyway....

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:17pm

Now if she came to me for help and I had a professional position to make a difference.
I would not base my decision on the fact that she was a user.
That she had removed her restraining order.

I would look at her situation as a 'whole' and see the long list of her grievances and and efforts for help and see this as the 'true' nature of things in her case. I wouldn't fall back on a 'legality' of there being no 'restraining' order in place, when such a long list of 'evidence' is there before my eyes as to 'why' that boy should not go back to his father.

I blame the USA.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:18pm

Angry Angry Angry

The VRO would have ensured at least she got sole custody of the child and at the most he would have had supervised access. She removed the VRO. VRO's are not useless, it means if they are breached the police have the power to arrest the person named. The legal avenue that was given to her to gain sole access to her child was removed by herself.

have you ever read Rosey Bates story?   perhaps you should.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:22pm

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:18pm:

Angry Angry Angry

Our shovel-wielding odd-toed ungulate (mistakenly) believes that a VRO has the ability to actually stop someone from doing something.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:22pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:17pm:
Now if she came to me for help and I had a professional position to make a difference.

I would look at her situation as a 'whole' and see the long list of her grievances and and efforts for help and see this as the 'true' nature of things in her case. I wouldn't fall back on a 'legality' of there being no 'restraining' order in place, when such a long list of 'evidence' is there before my eyes as to 'why' that boy should not go back to his father.

I blame the USA.

do you not think someone   anyone   should have had a word with the child?   he was 9  someone should have had a lightbulb moment..and thought it worth while asking the boy what he would like to see happen...

why is that so hard?..

Cry Cry Cry

if you are going to use the removal of a VRO to blame the mother.....then you must look at the reason she removed it......

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:23pm

The father should be imprisoned in a lifelong solitary confinement where he is not allowed a single thing beyond a food bowl and a hole to deficate in next to the invisible bed. Never to see another human being again. Even the Gaolers 'gas' him to sleep if they need to enter the cell, with him never to remember them when he wakes. The Cell is airconditioned to provide minimal temperature fluctuations so that he can't even enjoy a change of weather.

...and if he dies from that. Then just bring in the next one.

That's a real Prison folks.  Wink

Sure he is allowed to live,
beyond the boy's death at his hands.
But his entire life is of no hope for release - a release from nothing else but 'himself' to exist with. Let alone any stimulation that could be considered 'life'.
A Prison's duty is to the destroy the evil soul within.
Until you do that - you will never 'find him guilty' no matter how hard you bang your little hammer in Court (no matter how 'high' a Court either).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:24pm

Angry Angry Angry

Firstly, an AVO doen not determine whether or not sole custody is granted, nor whether visits are supervised.

All of that happens daily without AVOs.

Secondly, nobody said they were useless, just that they are not required for any agency to do it's job. They are, indeed, often known to be counterproductive and/or inflammatory. All cases should be individually determined at every stage.

You again talk almost completely out of your arse.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:26pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:22pm:

Angry Angry Angry

Our shovel-wielding odd-toed ungulate (mistakenly) believes that a VRO has the ability to actually stop someone from doing something.

Even more astonishing, he seems to think they are required to be in existence for authorities to act.

Amazing.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:26pm

Angry Angry Angry

sadly as I  have already said... so do a lot of women..

it  it can and does in fact stir them into action....

rhino sadly believes they work...

but he doesnt take into account the type of man she and the boy were dealing with...and by the look of this case neither did any of the authorities.... Sad Sad Sad

I am sad beyond belief to be honest.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:27pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:24pm:

Angry Angry Angry

Firstly, an AVO doen not determine whether or not sole custody is granted, nor whether visits are supervised.

Secondly, nobody said they were useless, just that they are not required for any agency to do it's job. They are, indeed, often known to be counterproductive and/or inflammatory. All cases should be individually determined at every stage.

You again talk almost completely out of your arse.

Indeed.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:32pm

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:26pm:

Angry Angry Angry

but he doesnt take into account the type of man she and the boy were dealing with...and by the look of this case neither did any of the authorities.... Sad Sad Sad

The sad fact is that most of these agencies are understaffed, under-resourced and overworked.

And (you're not going to like this Cods) the Coalition government have been slashing and burning for the better part of two decades.

Couple that with burnout of experienced workers leading to a relatively young work force (burn out for CPA workers is about 3 years), we simply do not have enough competent and discerning workers to handle the magnitude of the problem our society is facing.

And i sgree, it's enough to despair.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:32pm

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
Jasin wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:17pm:

I blame the USA.

do you not think someone   anyone   should have had a word with the child?   he was 9  someone should have had a lightbulb moment..and thought it worth while asking the boy what he would like to see happen...

why is that so hard?..

Cry Cry Cry

if you are going to use the removal of a VRO to blame the mother.....then you must look at the reason she removed it......

Ahh Cods. There might be a 'legality' of taking the child's opinion on the matter into account - what, with him being so young? Hell, I think the ART industry seems to be able to spot the crayon drawing the boy made of the evil spider with furry hands and the name 'Daddy' above. Somehow - things start moving very fast even if the kid did mean to right 'For Daddy' but just forgot the first word.  Roll Eyes

You can break the law as long as their is a Professional other interpretation to represent the situation. Because the LAW is not absolute, nor...

Hell - what am I saying here peeps?  Roll Eyes
Let's just take this tragic story by Cods into account that
"Doing Drugs is like getting away with Murder!"

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:08pm

Angry Angry Angry

A VRO with the childs name along with the applicants will by its nature deny access to the child effectively giving the mother sole access. Get it? It doesnt need to be a condition.  The mother removed the VRO, theres no way round it thereby allowing access to the child. The article states it and I have seen no argument to refute that.    Grin Ive also seen plenty of VROs with access conditions amended, so Mothra,  looks like you are busted talking out of your arse.  Grin
Its amusing for you to tell me I dont know anything about this though, carry on.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:14pm

rhino wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:08pm:

Angry Angry Angry

A VRO with the childs name along with the applicants will by its nature deny access to the child effectively giving the mother sole access. Get it? It doesnt need to be a condition.  The mother removed the VRO, theres no way round it thereby allowing access to the child. The article states it and I have seen no argument to refute that.    Grin Ive also seen plenty of VROs with access conditions amended, so Mothra,  looks like you are busted talking out of your arse.  Grin
Its amusing for you to tell me I dont know anything about this though, carry on.

And existence of an AVo or not has no impact on the attention required of the various agencies she sought out.

As explained, there are multiple reasons why an AVO may either be withdrawn or never sought. It does not effect any outcome at all aside from consequence of breaking a AVO. It should not impact on police attendance or any other issue regarding separation from mediation to access.

The bottom line is we do not know why she removed the AVO and it is not important to the fact that those who were required to act did not do so.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:20pm

So the kid got killed after the VRO was removed and you use this to  say VRO's dont work. Some specious logic you got going on there Cods. They definitely dont work if they arent used Cods, just like some peoples brains in this thread.

Quote:

Unfortunately we do not live in a Tom Cruise type of future world where we can predict crime and arrest criminals before they commit their crimes. Neither are the "authorities" vigilante groups who go round locking up people indefinitely on suspicion because a known junkie meth head starts screaming irrationally about a situation she is herself enabling.  One thing is 100 percent for sure, If she had not removed the VRO that child would not have been  in that house with the father because the restraining order would have prevented access. .

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:28pm

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:14pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:08pm:

Angry Angry Angry

And existence of an AVo or not has no impact on the attention required of the various agencies she sought out.

As explained, there are multiple reasons why an AVO may either be withdrawn or never sought. It does not effect any outcome at all aside from consequence of breaking a AVO. It should not impact on police attendance or any other issue regarding separation from mediation to access.

what are you talking about? Males are routinely imprisoned for breaching VROs. And VROs routinely have the childs/childrens names along with the applicants. VROs are not useless, lots of males in prison for breaching them.

Quote:
The bottom line is we do not know why she removed the AVO and it is not important to the fact that those who were required to act did not do so.
What? Lol, of course its important, how can the police enforce a VRO if its removed by the applicant? Can you explain by what miraculous special procedure law enforcement  can achieve this? And who exactly was required to act based on the information that she removed the VRO?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:31pm

Heres whats shameful, the people who are arguing so vehemently that its the fault of various government agencies would not support the death penalty for this maggot who beat the child to death. The one person who deserves the blame is not even being mentioned by these idiots.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:51pm

rhino wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:31pm:
The one person who deserves the blame is not even being mentioned by these idiots

and yet you spent all this time blaming the mum for removing the vro Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #56 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:52pm

Heres whats shameful, the people who are arguing so vehemently that its the fault of various government agencies would not support the death penalty for this maggot who beat the child to death. The one person who deserves the blame is not even being mentioned by these idiots.

Happens all the damn time  -

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:47pm

SERIOUSLY!!!!

That piece of paper is a threat of jail if he does not obey. And if that doesn't work, he ends up in jail.

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 6:26pm:

Isn't it a parent's responsibility to not torture and murder their children?

Didn't he have the opportunity to not torture and murder his son?

I'm curious.

You're a genius Greg. You figured out he was a bad man, all by yourself.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:23pm

freediver wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:47pm:
That piece of paper is a threat of jail if he does not obey. And if that doesn't work, he ends up in jail.

I think you will find many many many break the rules of their dvo.avo. and not a thing is done about it....

many women are dead and also children  because these dvos dont work....and the thugs know it..

does a threat of a speeding fine stop speedsters????...

i DONT THINK SO...

villains do not believe in rules or laws....they enjoy breaking them..

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 11:42pm

SERIOUSLY!!!!

No - but it may trigger violence... I once asked the NSW Police Service if they kept figures on how many outright acts of violence followed on from the issuing of a DVO when nothing directly violent had occurred beforehand - they didn't keep those figures.

Sometimes that intervention can be the tipping point.... not saying right or wrong, just saying....

What I'm saying is that seriously violent people should be constrained by more than a piece of paper.... not triggered by it... but they don't have a tattoo on their forehead.. only a history to go by.....

Been a crook old week for the women so far..... one involved in drugs found floating in Cockle Creek (which I know well) ... another found floating on the Central Coast... and it's only Wednesday ....

Good night and God Bless - that's all from Grappler Radio - reaching out to you and the stars .... may they shine on you warm as the sun... off to get a haemo to check my leukemia thing tomorrow...  lot of that going 'round..... Good Night.

― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 11:53pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:51pm:
The one person who deserves the blame is not even being mentioned by these idiots

and yet you spent all this time blaming the mum for removing the vro Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
yes, I can see why you find this subject hilarious. Why arent you on Facebook trolling some 16 year old.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 11:56pm

cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:23pm:

I think you will find many many many break the rules of their dvo.avo. and not a thing is done about it....
Sure they do because many of the females who take out the VRo break it themselves. Not the point though, if the VRO is breached and the police are made aware they will arrest.

Quote:
many women are dead and also children  because these dvos dont work....and the thugs know it..

i DONT THINK SO...

Wrong Cods, VROs do work. They just arent some sort of crystal ball and magical spell which automatically prevents future crime. That is not the intent of a VRO.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 7:28am

mothra wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:32pm:

Angry Angry Angry

The sad fact is that most of these agencies are understaffed, under-resourced and overworked.

And (you're not going to like this Cods) the Coalition government have been slashing and burning for the better part of two decades.

Couple that with burnout of experienced workers leading to a relatively young work force (burn out for CPA workers is about 3 years), we simply do not have enough competent and discerning workers to handle the magnitude of the problem our society is facing.

And i sgree, it's enough to despair.

Yes .... and across a lot of other social service agencies.

As it seems both parents are/were meth heads it wouldn't have been unreasonable to remove the child from either parents custody ...
sadly it seems there is another younger child in the picture as well.

And removal by govt agency also brings along another possible outcome for the child of being passed around from foster home to foster home adding more pressure to their mental state & consequent behaviours.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:17am

rhino wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 11:56pm:
cods wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:23pm:

Sure they do because many of the females who take out the VRo break it themselves. Not the point though, if the VRO is breached and the police are made aware they will arrest.

Quote:

i DONT THINK SO...

Wrong Cods, VROs do work. They just arent some sort of crystal ball and magical spell which automatically prevents future crime. That is not the intent of a VRO.

seriously 

HOW MANY WOMEN ARE DEAD MATE   AFTER TAKING OUT VROS...   ARE YOU SUGGESTING ALL THOSE WOMEN DIDNT TAKE THAT STEP BEFORE DYING...a very violent death I might add.

sorry about caps...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #64 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:21am

Quote:
HOW MANY WOMEN ARE DEAD MATE   AFTER TAKING OUT VROS...   ARE YOU SUGGESTING ALL THOSE WOMEN DIDNT TAKE THAT STEP BEFORE DYING...a very violent death I might add.

I doubt it is many cods. Can you give one example?

On the other hand, there are plenty who have died when it could have been prevented with a restraining order, such as this child.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:27am

the coalition govt that appears to get the blame for everything...asked all agencies to be accountable...they all get budgets   yet few know how to spend them with the best effect.....

our child care workers have as much skill and training s our aged care workers.... it is half the problem....

a copper and a teacher are not trained to be child care workers....and yet we expect them to see and report  to help other agencies do their job....

a child dying at the hands of a brutal parent.... should send shudders through everyone of us....yet most seem concerned about a VRO   that would have prevented this childs torture...   somehow.... Roll Eyes

I am surprised no one has blamed the child  he was 9 after all why didnt he just run away?....

all I can think about is the utter fear that child lived in   and only his mum tried to stop it. and now its her fault hes dead... Cry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:32am

In 2011-2012 WA Police recorded 1,949 breaches of a protection order.

That's just one state, in one year.

http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/Parliament/commit.nsf/luInquiryPublicSubmissions...

That figure suggests there would have been around 20,000 breaches in Australia in 2011-2012.

And that's just the ones which are reported.

As many as half of all breaches are not reported.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:36am

Hear about it around here all the time ....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:59am

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:21am:
Quote:

On the other hand, there are plenty who have died when it could have been prevented with a restraining order, such as this child.

https://www.qt.com.au/news/just-25-of-thugs-who-breach-dvos-go-to-jail/3120658/

MORE than 24,000 Queensland family abuse thugs breached domestic violence orders in the past 28 months, but only a quarter of these perpetrators spent any time in jail.

The shocking statistics have spurred calls for courts to show no mercy to offenders who repeatedly harass, stalk, abuse and intimidate their victims.

An ARM Newsdesk examination of Queensland Government data reveals that 24,178 people were sentenced for DVO breach offences from July, 2014 to October 2016.

However, only 6380 of those offenders spent any time behind bars for disregarding court orders.

Just over 8720 Queenslanders breached DVOs in the 2014-15 financial year and 2206 of those offenders were jailed as a result.

In 2015-16, there was a massive increase in breaches with 11,225 offenders caught and 3094 jailed.

So far this financial year, 4226 abusers have breached DVOs and 1080 of those have been jailed.

According to Queensland Police, the number of domestic and family violence applications increased 19% from 25,143 in 2014-15 to 29,938 in 2015-16.

DVO offenders can be jailed for three to five years.

Front-line domestic violence workers believe more than 65 Australian women have lost their lives as a result of intimate partner or family violence this year.

Research shows that domestic violence order breaches are often precursors to family violence murders.

Women's Legal Service Queensland co-ordinator Angela Lynch said a lot of breaches were not being taken seriously by authorities.

"Our clients are reporting to us problems in getting breaches acted upon or taken seriously," Ms Lynch said.

as you know fd  its almost impossible to get those stats

but read the above and remember thats QLD ONLY...

we have a HUGE PROBLEM in this country fd.....

you seriously believe a women living with DV  would not go to the police..who would advocate a DVO...and lead the women to believe it will stop the violence... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes,,may as well fly a kite.. it wont stop anything either.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #69 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:10am

I didn't ask for stats. I asked for an example. The OP is an example of a child dying as a result of a restraining order being voluntarily withdrawn.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:14am

"A 54-year-old man has appeared in court, charged in connection with the death of a Bullsbrook woman earlier this week.

"Roma Pollit, 60, was found dead in her home on Wednesday night.

"Mark Hill appeared in the Kalgoorlie Magistrates Court via video link from Esperance, where he was charged with causing grievous bodily harm.

"He was remanded in custody to appear in the Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court in Perth later this month.

"It has been revealed Ms Pollit had taken out a Violence Restraining Order against her former partner ..."

Man charged over death of Bullsbrook woman

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:15am

I take it you believe AVos DVOs and VROs are working then,... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:16am

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:14am:
"A 54-year-old man has appeared in court, charged in connection with the death of a Bullsbrook woman earlier this week.

"Mark Hill appeared in the Kalgoorlie Magistrates Court via video link from Esperance, where he was charged with causing grievous bodily harm.

"He was remanded in custody to appear in the Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court in Perth later this month.

"It has been revealed Ms Pollit had taken out a Violence Restraining Order against her former partner ..."

"The violent death of a woman in Melbourne last month has highlighted systemic flaws in the use of restraining orders designed to protect women from abuse.

"Last month, around the same time Australians were horrified by the murder of Melbourne woman Jill Meagher, another woman was also killed in the city.

"But her death went largely unnoticed.

Sargun Ragi, 23, appeared in court shortly before her death to extend a restraining order against her husband, Avjit Singh."

Violent death prompts restraining order rethink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:17am

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:10am:
I didn't ask for stats. I asked for an example. The OP is an example of a child dying as a result of a restraining order being voluntarily withdrawn.

was it the result of it being WITHDRAWN !   are you sure?....the man had custody of the child....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:22am

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:16am:

"The violent death of a woman in Melbourne last month has highlighted systemic flaws in the use of restraining orders designed to protect women from abuse.

"Last month, around the same time Australians were horrified by the murder of Melbourne woman Jill Meagher, another woman was also killed in the city.

Sargun Ragi, 23, appeared in court shortly before her death to extend a restraining order against her husband, Avjit Singh."

greg when you read only 25% of those who BREACH DVOs  face any kind of retribution  you know a system isnt working.....

the police are helpless when it comes to these pieces of paper.....they are meaningless...as most are dealing with psychos  who cannot be reasoned with......

these guys dont fear the police or the law...in fact they see them as a reason to get even madder at the spouse who triggered it...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:28am

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:22am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:16am:

greg when you read only 25% of those who BREACH DVOs  face any kind of retribution  you know a system isnt working.....

the police are helpless when it comes to these pieces of paper.....they are meaningless...as most are dealing with psychos  who cannot be reasoned with......

these guys dont fear the police or the law...in fact they see them as a reason to get even madder at the spouse who triggered it...

I agree with you 100%.

From everything I've observed, they're not worth the paper they're written on.

And yes, they often trigger an angry visit that would not have otherwise occurred.

They're kind of like a padlock on a gate: when you and I (law-abiding citizens) see one, we don't try to enter through that gate. We just walk on by.

When a criminal sees one though, they cut off the padlock and walk right through.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #76 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:30am

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:17am:
freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:10am:

was it the result of it being WITHDRAWN !   are you sure?....the man had custody of the child....

Far more sure than you can be that a restraining order has ever caused a death.

Greg, your example was from 2012.

Quote:
greg when you read only 25% of those who BREACH DVOs  face any kind of retribution  you know a system isnt working....

That depends on whether you see the goal as retribution or prevention.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:34am

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:30am:
Greg, your example was from 2012.

Both of my examples are from 2012.

Is there something about that year that was unusual?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #78 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:47am

It just doesn't make it seem that prevalent when you have to go that far back in time for an example.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:51am

Now, now, children - let's not turn the shameful murder of a child by a drug lunatic animal into some form of over-reaching jihad against men in society - you all KNOW by now that every time you start down this track, the rights of the individual are pruned back further and further, and an atmosphere of 'attack first just in case' is installed in the forces of law, leading to oft-time gross injustices and violence writ large...

Let's stick with 'lunatic drug addict deserving of life without kills nine year old' ..... and stop perpetuating and promoting the war between men and women wrought by self-interested governments ....

Violence begets violence - and applying violence in the 'Minority Report' style in advance of any actual wrongdoing (as DV 'laws' do) is a sure recipe for retaliation and escalating violence.... but stoopid is as stoopid does...

When we are talking about an 'imbalance of power within relationships' - what positive difference is there from handing to one side absolute power on whim?

― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:55am

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:47am:
It just doesn't make it seem that prevalent when you have to go that far back in time for an example.

"I didn't ask for stats. I asked for an example."

You were given two.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:57am

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:21am:
Quote:

The causes are many - sometimes there is no DVO, sometimes the application of an unwarranted DVO is the cause of the outbreak of violence (since such an application is itself an act of violence) - human nature rejects injustice....

When will you all earn - you cannot control or channel violence (or insanity) by using violence of the courts and their storm troopers.... you cannot prevent bullying by bullying... all you are doing is demonstrating in no uncertain terms that might makes right and that might can also make wrong, and that there is nothing to be gained from NOT using violence as the norm to resolve problems - since the example is right there for you when the courts beat down your door...

You'll get it one day.... meantime the war rages on ..... sheer waste and I hold politicians responsible for sucking up to the 'feminist' lobby and using this 'male v female violence' as a tool for gaining and securing power unto themselves by eroding legal rights and imposing assault by the state on whim and without proof.

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #82 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:35am

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:55am:

You were given two.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c924b622b71a51d0c4aa21760c69b9f3/tenor.gif

From 2012, apparently.

Meanwhile, we frequently see reports of women and children killed in the newspaper in situations where the mother should have seen it coming.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:38am

fd  do you think the authorities who come up with the idea a piece of paper will prevent more violence...

want everyone to know those murdered took out a DVO......this would be costing the country a fortune in wasted time... the police can only work AFTER THE CRIME....the fact someone has to take OUT one of these deterrents.. Roll Eyes  speaks volumes   ..

mate hes given me a black eye   what can I do..

" oh hang on I can write out a piece of paper and that will stop it for sure ."

problem solved...

if they worked fd... we would have a AVO for everything.....

Teachers would be delighted to have them I am sure...

what about health workers ?  they are fed up with being assaulted as well.

hey! I might have the answer to all aggression.. Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:41am

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:35am:

You were given two.

From 2012, apparently.

Meanwhile, we frequently see reports of women and children killed in the newspaper in situations where the mother should have seen it coming.

what do you think the AVO is about fd?..

its to keep the villain a long way away... that is what that piece of paper is MEANT TO DO>>

as we have proved it does nothing of the sort.. Angry Angry

you might enjoy keeping this going.. but a child is dead in a most brutal  way, and you seem to be ignoring that part of the thread....

we are not protecting the children......and the piece of paper doesnt even mention the children... Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #85 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:48am

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:38am:

fd  do you think the authorities who come up with the idea a piece of paper will prevent more violence...

want everyone to know those murdered took out a DVO......this would be costing the country a fortune in wasted time... the police can only work AFTER THE CRIME....the fact someone has to take OUT one of these deterrents.. Roll Eyes  speaks volumes   ..

mate hes given me a black eye   what can I do..

" oh hang on I can write out a piece of paper and that will stop it for sure ."

problem solved...

if they worked fd... we would have a AVO for everything.....

Teachers would be delighted to have them I am sure...

what about health workers ?  they are fed up with being assaulted as well.

hey! I might have the answer to all aggression.. Smiley

It's not just a piece of paper though is it cods? People do actually end up in jail for breaching them.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:55am

well almost none  end up in jail for breaching   just for murder. fd....in fact one case the mum was murdered on the steps of the court she was waiting to enter to give evidence against him..... he was so full of hate he bragged about it...

what do you think about health workers taking out AVOs  fd... you have so much faith in them...they could just wave a massive AVO order at their patients   and they all crumble.....

come on you would have to agree with that...you think its more than  apiece of paper....it would in fact  work in every case....

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #87 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:06am

I remember being at primary school and you always knew who the other kids were that were beaten and abused at home, my mum and dad used to always be giving us extra lunch and morning tea to give to the kids they knew whose parents were heroin junkies and were not feeding the kids.

Its just a terrible situation.

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #88 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:13am

You were given two.

From 2012, apparently.

Authorities were warned and shown threats from the father who murdered his son whilst they did nothing....What else do you expect these woman to do mate???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:16am

barryfromthebush wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:06am:
I remember being at primary school and you always knew who the other kids were that were beaten and abused at home, my mum and dad used to always be giving us extra lunch and morning tea to give to the kids they knew whose parents were heroin junkies and were not feeding the kids.

I am pleased to say I never experienced anything like that....I dont know if any of my grandkids have,  this is all new to me  drugs and killing children.....never in all my life did I ever come across anything like we see now.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #90 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:33am

80% of crime in Australia is committed by Lab and Lib supporters and voters

Parliament has a policy of "Harm Minimization" - drugs are tolerated

Whether AVOs work or not, the mother withdrew it but at the same time reckoned the father would kill her son

Her son said "I don't want to go back to Daddy" - did he mean it? He already knew what Daddy was like

Mother decides to leave her son with Daddy. Her son gets murdered

Tax payers pay Daddy's keep for next thirty years

This is the Lib Lab world we live in

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:34am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:13am:

You were given two.

From 2012, apparently.

Authorities were warned and shown threats from the father who murdered his son whilst they did nothing....
theres no evidence that anyone was "shown threats"  , you just made that up.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:41am

"I'm DRUGGED to the eyeballs, as ANGRY as hell, and not thinking straight. I'm gonna go KILL someone in my family!".  Angry

"Um, there's a piece of paper that says you can't go near them".  Roll Eyes

"Oh, really? I forgot about that. I'll give it a miss then".
  Smiley

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:42am

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 8:27am:

all I can think about is the utter fear that child lived in   and only his mum tried to stop it. and now its her fault hes dead... Cry

But she didnt try and stop it. Now you are fabricating, she did the opposite of stopping it.  She deliberately removed the only avenue of ensuring he could not get access to that child.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:43am

Lots of emotional hysteria in his thread, very little based on the facts.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 12:16pm

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:16am:
barryfromthebush wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:06am:

I am pleased to say I never experienced anything like that....I dont know if any of my grandkids have,  this is all new to me  drugs and killing children.....never in all my life did I ever come across anything like we see now.

Me either ... the only thing visible were kids from very poor families .... not abusive drug farqued families.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #96 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 12:40pm

Like it or not, the government is not going to start splitting up families who do not want to be split up. It always does more harm than good, and for every case like this there are thousands that do not escalate. If the mother is unwilling to lift a finger to sign a piece of paperwork, she cannot blame the government for not coming to her rescue. It is not the government's job to micromanage who a single mother chooses to live with or to help people who do not want to be helped.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #97 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 12:42pm

cods wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:55am:
well almost none  end up in jail for breaching   just for murder. fd....in fact one case the mum was murdered on the steps of the court she was waiting to enter to give evidence against him..... he was so full of hate he bragged about it...

what do you think about health workers taking out AVOs  fd... you have so much faith in them...they could just wave a massive AVO order at their patients   and they all crumble.....

come on you would have to agree with that...you think its more than  apiece of paper....it would in fact  work in every case....

Almost no-one ends up in jail for other offences either. That's the point of having a deterrent. Even stupid people can get their head around the consequences of violating a restraining order, and they are severe.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #98 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 1:52pm

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 12:40pm:

Like it or not, the government is not going to start splitting up families who do not want to be split up.

It always does more harm than good, and for every case like this there are thousands that do not escalate.

If the mother is unwilling to lift a finger to sign a piece of paperwork, she cannot blame the government for not coming to her rescue.

It is not the government's job to micromanage who a single mother chooses to live with or to help people who do not want to be helped.

Yes she can will.

It the duty of the 'caring society' to care for the abusers of others.

e.g.
WWW search....
child rapist, murder, Michael Guider will be released today

...BY ONE OF OUR GOVERNMENTS.

We employ politicians, legally, to be our stewards.

I'm not happy, with how our stewards are conducting their duties of care, towards us, Australian citizens, and the nation.

But YOU keep keep voting for the incumbents who keep making the same mistakes.

And that only encourages them.

Dumb.

Very, dumb.

steward = =
1 a person who looks after the passengers on a ship or aircraft.
2 a person responsible for supplies of food to a college, club, etc.
3 an official appointed to supervise arrangements at a large public event.
4 short for shop steward.
5 a person employed to manage another’s property, especially a large house or estate.

incumbent = =
1 (incumbent on/upon) necessary for (someone) as a duty or responsibility.
2 (of an official or regime) currently holding office.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #99 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 2:01pm

its a crime to be poor anywhere you live now-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #100 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 2:43pm

Agnes wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 2:01pm:

its a crime to be poor anywhere you live now-

It is a crime, to rob, or steal, or break other [righteous] laws      [laws which are intended to protect the peace and the property of ALL law abiding people].

.....whether a person is wealthy or poor.

Being poor, is NOT a rational justification for any kind, of criminal activity.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #101 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:19pm

rhino wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:34am:

You were given two.

From 2012, apparently.

Authorities were warned and shown threats from the father who murdered his son whilst they did nothing....

From the OP....

Quote:
Even in the moment Dillon took Bradyn away he was still threatening the mother with violence, making a gesture that suggested he was going to slice her throat as he took Bradyn away, she said.

The inquest has heard Dillon’s treatment of the boy amounted to “torture” as he had subjected him to repeated physical abuse described as “brutal and cowardly”.

The mother said she had shown officers at Shepparton Police Station in Victoria photos of bullets and a gun sent by Dillon to her in December 2014.

He had posted the photos on Facebook accompanied by the message: ”Christmas presents for you … tick tock bitch”.

She told the inquest officers told her they did not want to “touch” her case as it dealt with federal jurisdiction.

She tried reaching out to child protection agencies in Victoria and the ACT, the Australian Federal Police, lawyers and various courts to alert them to Dillon’s violence but ultimately he maintained custody over Bradyn.

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:00pm

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 12:40pm:
Like it or not, the government is not going to start splitting up families who do not want to be split up. It always does more harm than good, and for every case like this there are thousands that do not escalate. If the mother is unwilling to lift a finger to sign a piece of paperwork, she cannot blame the government for not coming to her rescue. It is not the government's job to micromanage who a single mother chooses to live with or to help people who do not want to be helped.

Actually, It's often the police taking out AVOs on the mother's behalf. The "victim" is a mere "witness" in proceedings. Magistrates often put AVOs into effect for people who don't request or want them. No one "signs" AVOs into effect.

Our criminal legal system is based on the Crown verses defendants, so yes, the way the law sees it, it is the government's job to protect and manage citizens.

Nobody presses charges in Australia, the police do, often against the will of victims themselves.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #103 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:15pm

So in what sense did she 'remove' the order?

Does the crown put separation orders on people who actually want to live together?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:42pm

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:15pm:

Does the crown put separation orders on people who actually want to live together?

You remove an order by going to court and requesting it. A magistrate decides.

There are no separation orders. The crown (police, courts) can only put an AVO in place to prevent a "victim" from a "defendent" or "suspect".

I've seen it time and time again between parents and their kids. A child often has to move out because of an AVO his parents haven't requested.

It's quite common for police to get sick of being called out to arguments and just whack an AVO in place.

This is also a stock standard police response to allegations of sibling sexual abuse.

Apart from traffic duty, policing is almost entirely domestic now. Like it or not, the government have been dragged into the family home. Police have been forced to become social workers, and It's not usually a job they enjoy doing.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #105 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:02pm

If they put an AVO on a stepfather to keep him away from the kids, it basically forces him and the mother to separate.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 12:00am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:19pm:

You were given two.

From 2012, apparently.

From the OP....

Quote:

Huh Huh Huh
So she didnt "show threats" at all as i said. She alleged threats were made, 2 different things. Like I said, you really need to stop focusing on the emotion and read the actual factual information supplied.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 12:04am

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 11:02pm:
If they put an AVO on a stepfather to keep him away from the kids, it basically forces him and the mother to separate.
The applicant needs to be an adult, children cannot be applicants for VROs. The childrens names are generally mentioned with the applicants, i.e. in this case the mother.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 12:54am

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:42pm:

There are no separation orders. The crown (police, courts) can only put an AVO in place to prevent a "victim" from a "defendent" or "suspect".

I've seen it time and time again between parents and their kids. A child often has to move out because of an AVO his parents haven't requested.

It's quite common for police to get sick of being called out to arguments and just whack an AVO in place.

This is also a stock standard police response to allegations of sibling sexual abuse.

Apart from traffic duty, policing is almost entirely domestic now. Like it or not, the government have been dragged into the family home. Police have been forced to become social workers, and It's not usually a job they enjoy doing.

**coughs** the government wasn't dragged into the family home - it leapt into the fray with both feet... it's a policy with an agenda....

The agenda is 'there is no power outside of government'... and (you have none).... and 'all right to violence resides with the government'.....  **coughs**  **coughs**

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 12:55am

rhino wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 12:04am:
The applicant needs to be an adult, children cannot be applicants for VROs. The childrens names are generally mentioned with the applicants, i.e. in this case the mother.

The courts should listen to children..... they actually know what is best for them....  **coughs**.. which is both parents acting like adults for a change....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:09am

Indeed. An exclusionary AVO would of course have that effect. Usually, the cops start with the standard one not to "threaten, intimidate or harass". It would apply to his partner, as cops don't muck around with any alleged abuse of kids.

A stepdad alleged to have sexually abused his kids would be given an automatic exclusionary AVO.

I know of a father who had an exclusionary AVO slapped on him by his daughter. She told her teacher that she feared going home after she lost some keys and upset her dad.

What would he do?

She didn't know, she just didn't "feel safe". She came from a strict Hindu family.

Has he hit you before?

No, but he was so angry he might.

The school called the cops. 

Dad couldn't go within a hundred meters of his daughter until it made court, a few weeks later. By then, the cops had calmed down. But by then, the daughter was refusing to go home. She'd moved in with her boyfriend and his family. Worse, she'd gotten pregnant. She was 14.

Dad wanted his daughter home, but he wasn't allowed to know anything due to "confidentiality".

Then the girl told all these porkies about her older brother getting her up the duff, even though he was in India at the time. She pretended she didnt know how you get pregnant.

Dad wasn't told any of this. He got a lawyer writing letters to everybody. Nothing happened. His daughter refused to return home. Child Protection got involved. It was a right old mess.

But this is the world of modern policing. The state does indeed get involved in micromanaging its citizens' lives, and these stories are becoming more and more common.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:11am

I blame Islam.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:13am

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:09am:

Indeed. An exclusionary AVO would of course have that effect. Usually, the cops start with the standard one not to "threaten, intimidate or harass". It would apply to his partner, as cops don't muck around with any alleged abuse of kids.

A stepdad alleged to have sexually abused his kids would be given an automatic exclusionary AVO.

I know of a father who had an exclusionary AVO slapped on him by his daughter. She told her teacher that she feared going home after she lost some keys and upset her dad.

What would he do?

She didn't know, she just didn't "feel safe". She came from a strict Hindu family.

Has he hit you before?

Dad couldn't go within a hundred meters of his daughter until it made court, a few weeks later. By then, the cops had calmed down. But by then, the daughter was refusing to go home. She'd moved in with her boyfriend and his family. Worse, she'd gotten pregnant. She was 14.

Dad wanted his daughter home, but he wasn't allowed to know anything due to "confidentiality".

Then the girl told all these porkies about her older brother getting her up the duff, even though he was in India at the time. She pretended she didnt know how you get pregnant.

Dad wasn't told any of this. He got a lawyer writing letters to everybody. Nothing happened. His daughter refused to return home. Child Protection got involved. It was a right old mess.

But this is the world of modern policing. The state does indeed get involved in micromanaging its citizens' lives, and these stories are becoming more and more common.
You need to stay off the booze and stop posting bullsh!te.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:17am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 12:55am:

The courts should listen to children..... they actually know what is best for them....  **coughs**.. which is both parents acting like adults for a change....
child protection agencies are meant to care for the welfare of at risk children, this makes it difficult if the woman is indicating there is no risk to their child by removing a VRO which may protect that child.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:18am

But that's just me.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:20am

rhino wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:13am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:09am:

What would he do?

Has he hit you before?

You need to stay off the booze and stop posting bullsh!te.

Muslims don't drink, dear. We care for the children.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:37am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 12:54am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 10:42pm:

**coughs** the government wasn't dragged into the family home - it leapt into the fray with both feet... it's a policy with an agenda....

The agenda is 'there is no power outside of government'... and (you have none).... and 'all right to violence resides with the government'.....  **coughs**  **coughs**

I don't think so. The government were dragged into dealing with domestic violence. Child Protection is another thing the government became unwillingly responsible for - this was previously managed by the Christian charities.

Politicians like wearing hard hats and turning over the first shovelful of soil on a road project.  Nothing turns voters off more than hearing about a whole lot of complicated social issues the government are getting stuck into. Keep it simple. Nice. Breezy.

Domestic violence and child protection are never good news. All governments can do here is  try to hose down horror stories in the media.

No one cares about white papers or implementing the findings of royal commissions. Then, if you finally do lower crime and DV and child abuse, no one ever notices. There will always be another child death on the front page of the Tele. There will always be another underage Muslim marriage scandal.

Politicians aren't too different to everybody else, dear. Plenty of them just want to blame Islam and call it quits too.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #117 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 5:07am

The problem with AVOs is tgat too many were issues simply because the woman wanted to get back at a husband/boyfriend.

After awhile, so many were issues that it was impossible to tell the legitimate from the bull shite.
With the vast majority being bull shite.

So the real ones, the ones where someone was genuinely in danger, all get lumped together, and are lost in the flood.
The cops chase around after ghosts and after a while become complacent.

AVOs should be looked at much more closely.
If one is brought against someone and it's crap, the person wasting the courts time should be charged.

Perhaps then, the genuine ones will actually save some lives.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #118 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 7:28am

rhino wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 12:00am:
philperth2010 wrote on Sep 5th, 2019 at 9:19pm:

You were given two.

From 2012, apparently.

From the OP....

Quote:

Huh Huh Huh
So she didnt "show threats" at all as i said. She alleged threats were made, 2 different things. Like I said, you really need to stop focusing on the emotion and read the actual factual information supplied.

So you believe this bloke never made any threats and the woman was lying about him (really)....You need to accept the fact the death of this child is a result of his father's actions not those of the mother....Why did Government authorities apologise to the woman if her story was fake....Nobody has challenged her story apart from a few woman haters like you???

Quote:
Today ACT Government lawyers apologised to Bradyn's mother in person, and asked her how things could have been different.

The court heard Dillon had taken out a domestic violence order in Canberra to keep his son from his mother, but that when she tried to counter that she was stumped by the system

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-04/bradyn-dillons-mother-says-family-fell-th...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 7:58am

rhino wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 1:17am:

child protection agencies are meant to care for the welfare of at risk children, this makes it difficult if the woman is indicating there is no risk to their child by removing a VRO which may protect that child.

what makes it so hard for you to understand this rhino...

Quote:
She obtained a protection order for her and Bradyn in Victoria but dropped it after Dillon promised to return Bradyn if she did so.

He never did.

he promised to return the boy to her if she dropped it..

what would you have done??????????????????????????

no one else listened to her.......

so tell us rhino   what would you have done if you were between a rock and a hard place like she was..

she was weak I get that  but did she deserve this treatment?....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #120 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 8:03am

thats a good link rhino...

Quote:
The mother of murdered Canberra boy Bradyn Dillon says she and her son "fell through the cracks", as ACT Government lawyers issue her a personal apology for the system that failed to protect the child.

an apology will make her feel heaps better I am sure....

at least they have admitted   WHO is really responsible for this boys death......

Quote:
Former wife details abuse
Graeme Dillon's former wife, who married him when Bradyn was a young child and after Dillon has split with the boy's mother, today told the court she witnessed Dillon's violence against his son.

She said he was chastised for minor or manufactured accusations.

"The abuse he was subjected to is not discipline," she said.

"He was not allowed to cry. He got told to suck it up."

She also detailed terrifying violence by Dillon against herself, including when he threw a knife at her which lodged in her leg, before telling her to put a bandaid on it.

She said he also repeatedly strangled her until she was unconscious.

Dillon's former wife also told the court about how Dillon would tell Bradyn that his mother was on drugs.

She said he told Bradyn, "she's not the same mummy as before".

The court heard Dillon had taken out a domestic violence order in Canberra to keep his son from his mother, but that when she tried to counter that she was stumped by the system.

HOW MANY FREAKING "RED FLAGS" DO THEY NEED...

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #121 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 8:24am

cods wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 7:58am:

Quote:

He never did.

so tell us rhino   what would you have done if you were between a rock and a hard place like she was..

What about this???

Quote:
The court heard Dillon had taken out a domestic violence order in Canberra to keep his son from his mother, but that when she tried to counter that she was stumped by the system

She warned the authorities about Dillon and she was ignored....Authorities apologized because they were wrong, not for any other reason!!!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #122 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:02am

She allowed herself to be blackmailed into removing a VRO against a man she knew to be violent.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:03am

cods wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 7:58am:

Quote:

He never did.

Rhino is labouring under the misapprehension that the authorities will only act if there is an AVO. That without it, there was nothing to be done.

He's quite wrong, of course. But try telling him that.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:09am

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:02am:
She allowed herself to be blackmailed into removing a VRO against a man she knew to be violent.

fd... HE HAD THE CHILD....he told her he would let her have him...

yes she believed him....tell me fd   what would you have done in her place....

if she had left it there and he still killed the boy... then what would you have said?... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

she couldnt WIN..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:11am

fd is worse.. he claims SHE ALLOWED HIM TO BLACKMAIL HER..

do people "allow" blackmail now?.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

news to me..

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #126 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:19am

Perhaps she should have retained the VRO and never seen her son at all....Dillon had custody of their son and killed him while he was in his care....Removing the VRO made no difference to whom the authorities gave custody of the child or has that fact escaped you???

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #127 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:25am

cods wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:09am:

if she had left it there and he still killed the boy... then what would you have said?... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

she couldnt WIN..

I wouldn't have removed the VRO. That was her only chance. The courts frown on people who run off with children.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:28am

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:25am:

she couldnt WIN..

I wouldn't have removed the VRO. That was her only chance. The courts frown on people who run off with children.

Oh it was not her only chance. Don't be absurd. Agencies and departments act all the time, as \do the police, without the presence of an AVO.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #129 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:33am

My bad. He could have also gotten struck by lightning. But it was her best chance, and removing it neutered any other complaint she might have made.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:36am

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:33am:
My bad. He could have also gotten struck by lightning. But it was her best chance, and removing it neutered any other complaint she might have made.

Are you seriously arguing that the police will only attend if there is an existent AVO?

That intervention can only take place if there is an AVO?

Are you really that ignorant or are you just unwilling to admit you're wrong?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #131 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:37am

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:25am:

she couldnt WIN..

Dillon had custody of the boy....Removing the VRO made no difference to whom the authorities gave custody....By retaining the VRO she was restricted in her access to her son with no help from authorities who ignored her warnings that Dillon was violent (hence the VRO was granted) and her son was in danger (which was ignored)....Who was right the mother or the authorities who left the boy in the care of his violent father???

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #132 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:39am

She was being ignored and her son died because of it....How do you get off blaming the mother for being screwed by the system???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #133 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:46am

mothra wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:36am:

Are you seriously arguing that the police will only attend if there is an existent AVO?

No. I'm saying that she told the police that the children were not at risk of violence from him. The police don't have a crystal ball.

Cods, and the rest of you apparently, seem to think that because she was blackmailed into this the police should have figured it all out on their own.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:47am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:39am:

She was being ignored and her son died because of it....How do you get off blaming the mother for being screwed by the system???

Huh Huh Huh

Through pig-ignorance, it would seem.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #135 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:48am

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 9:46am:

No. I'm saying that she told the police that the children were not at risk of violence from him. The police don't have a crystal ball.

No she didn't. She did nothing of the sort.

You really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 2:38pm

I do not know how long this had been going on  but a women went to two dept in two different States Vic and the ACT.. [I know ACt isnt a State]...does removing the vro. seriously excuse anything at all she went through?

no it doesnt... she would have been desperate and grabbing at any straw on offer.. and I guess deep down she didnt really want to believe he would kill his own son......

there is something terribly wrong with some men in this world that seem to enjoy torturing and then killing a small helpless child..... we hear about it over and over again.....Rosie Battys case was bad enough where he came out of the blue and killed his son Luke in front of his friends with his own cricket bat... at least the father had mental issues.....unlike this coward....

I think fd is grabbing at straws..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #137 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 2:52pm

That's what removing a VRO means Mothra. She helped to conceal the risk of violence to her children from the authorities, then complained that they "slipped through the cracks". She helped cover up a blackmail and removed a VRO from someone she knew to be violent.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:10pm

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 2:52pm:
That's what removing a VRO means Mothra. She helped to conceal the risk of violence to her children from the authorities, then complained that they "slipped through the cracks". She helped cover up a blackmail and removed a VRO from someone she knew to be violent.

Caller: It's an emergency! Somebody is trying to kill me!

Dispatch!: Do you have an AVO on your assailant?

Caller: What the? No. Look, they're going to kill me!

Dispatch: So there is no violence restraining order in place?

Caller: No! Can you please send help!

Dispatch: No, i'm sorry. You simply don't meet our requirements. Goodbye.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #139 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:14pm

Did she report the murder in process?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:18pm

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:14pm:
Did she report the murder in process?

What point would there be>? According to you and Rhino, they wouldn't have shown up anyway.

See how stupid your argument is?

But anyway, she had made several reports to different child protection agencies, FD.

They have since admitted their fault and apologised. Yoou asnd Rhino on the other hand .....

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #141 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:20pm

That's not what we said Mothra. Hysterical lying is not a rational argument. This is what I am actually saying:

She lied to the authorities about the risk of violence and covered up his blackmail, then complained that they "slipped through the cracks".

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:21pm

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:20pm:
That's not what we said Mothra. Hysterical lying is not a rational argument. This is what I am actually saying:

She lied to the authorities about the risk of violence and covered up his blackmail, then complained that they "slipped through the cracks".

Speaking of hysterical lying.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:27pm

I didn't think he said that at all... just that retaining it was her best chance.. of what I'm not sure, since the 'father' had custody - you seriously need to ask why that would be given the obvious deficiencies of both 'parents'...

The best chance for the kid was to be removed from both... raising the spectre of another 'stolen generation'... governments are staffed by wimps these days and are so afraid of any bad press that they'll bend over backwards to avoid any appearance of overbearing behaviour in any way.

Such is the impasse to which 'social science' has brought us all.... damned if you do and damned if you don't .... but don't take away any personal sovereignty from abusers, female and male...

Again - you have to ask seriously why the kid was not in the custody of his 'mother' - the ovum donor - in the current climate of absolute power to the ovum donor...

Sounds pretty bad to me....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:30pm

Whole system is out of whack given the insanity of permitting complaints and convictions on claimed feelings .....sometimes the cops show up loaded for bear and start in with the fists immediately - other times they wimp off  .... so there is no reliable way to ascertain who is and who isn't a 'baddie' these days... and many innocents are 'turned over' to protect cops from their own over-reaction to a simple situation...

That's what happens when you break down the rule of Law ... such as it ever was in this country.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:55pm

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 2:52pm:
That's what removing a VRO means Mothra.

and here i was thinking your stupidity was limited to 'muslims'.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #146 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:09pm

mothra wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:21pm:

Did she report the blackmail?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:10pm

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:09pm:

"Blackmail". Lol.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #148 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:13pm

mothra wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:10pm:

"Blackmail". Lol.

What do you think the authorities would think of a man taking a woman's children from her and demanding she removing a VRO or she'll never see them again?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:14pm

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:13pm:

"Blackmail". Lol.

What do you think the authorities would think of a man taking a woman's children from her and demanding she removing a VRO or she'll never see them again?

Grin Grin Grin Grin

No more than a woman telling a man that if he didn't agree to the settlement he would never see his kids again

then they'd probably tell em it happens all the time. Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #150 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:18pm

"Blackmail". Lol.

Happens every day.

This is why i've been trying to patiently explain to you and Rhino that AVOs are not in themselves indicative of anything meaningful in the eyes of the government agencies that deal with child protection. They are far too prone to the effects of individual circumstances. In more than a few cases, they are not even advised.

Seriously, the contortions you're performing with absolutely zero knowledge of the subject just so you can blame the mother for the father killing the child are truly alarming.

You should question yourself.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:18pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:14pm:

"Blackmail". Lol.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

No more than a woman telling a man that if he didn't agree to the settlement he would never see his kids again

It does.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #152 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:32pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:14pm:

"Blackmail". Lol.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

So you think the authorities would have no problem at all with it?

Do the authorities somehow favour fathers who have VROs out on them?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 5:39pm

I am of the opinion fd is just keeping the click count going! mothra....

we know hes thick.. but I did give him credit for not being thicker than one or two other ozpol members .

how wrong can you be.. Sad

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 5:45pm

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:32pm:
So you think the authorities would have no problem at all with it?

pretty much. When was the last time you heard of a dad or mum being prosecuted for it?

You don't really think that with all the bad breakups that occur daily, no one else has ever thought of this apart from you, do you?

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:32pm:
Do the authorities somehow favour fathers who have VROs out on them?

are you high?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #155 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 6:06pm

A father with a VRO on his children has pretty much zero chance of winning custody. A father's chances are slim to begin with.

Do you think she may have mislead authorities by removing the VRO?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 6:11pm

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 6:06pm:
A father with a VRO on his children has pretty much zero chance of winning custody. A father's chances are slim to begin with.

he already had custody   fd...

and no one listened to her.... NO ONE..

the courts decide who has custody....

you dont just walk in and tell them what you want...

someone has to LISTEN TO YOU..

you would have kept the vro in place and forgone ever seeing your son again.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

we get that........

even though you knew your son hated and was in fear of his father..

you have made your point.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #157 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 6:13pm

Quote:

To the "2 or 3" calls she made each week?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #158 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 6:23pm

Maybe you should watch this:
The Rainbow Bird and the Monster Man
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Bird_and_Monster_Man

I saw this around 3am on ABC or SBS (I don't remember one advert being played) and was riveted.
Story of a Man abused as a boy and how 'he' tried to get as much help as he could, but was often 'turned away'.
Eventually he killed his Abuser but was sentenced to Gaol.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 7:24pm

Cods, serious question. Do you have dementia?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 7:49pm

That's not what we said Mothra. Hysterical lying is not a rational argument.

Oh?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Sep 6th, 2019 at 10:38pm

Again - any 'mother' not having custody of children must be a way-out extreme case of something.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:10am

rhino wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 7:24pm:

I am reporting you...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:14am

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 6:13pm:
Quote:

so now its the phone calls that killed him....

Angry Angry

what a long bow you draw!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:17am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 10:38pm:
Again - any 'mother' not having custody of children must be a way-out extreme case of something.....

no one has claimed she was a perfect mother...

imo that child should not  have been with either parent,.,,

he deserved to be safe and secure    which is what we pay our authorities to make sure happens...  Cry

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #165 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:18am

freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 6:06pm:

a father with a vro against his partner has a bloody good chance of winning custody if the mother is a junkie who cannot function properly.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 12:44pm

Oh look! Rhino is diagnosing with no actual idea again!

Colour me surprised.

There is absolutely nothing Codes has said in this thread that gives the impression of dementia. She has been clear and consistent.

You on the other hand have been talking exclusively out of your arse.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #167 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 12:46pm

cods wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:14am:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 6:13pm:
Quote:

so now its the phone calls that killed him....

Angry Angry

what a long bow you draw!

What are you talking about cods?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 12:50pm

cods wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 7:10am:

I am reporting you...

Don't let him get to you, Cods. He is a singularly nasty little man who diagnoses everybody who disagrees with with something or other.

He is never right.

He's got a little bit of information and like other dodgy people, thinks that makes him informed. Sadly he hasn't used that information to improve himself, only to bring others down to the level he is most comfortable with.

One thing i can assure you of, he has no qualifications to diagnose anybody and anybody with those qualifications would never, ever diagnose someone over the internet.  It';s the single biggest determinant to him being unqualified.

That and he's always, always wrong.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print