Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Australian SHAME. (Read 6557 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australian SHAME.
Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:24pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/canberra-star/mother-of-bradyn-dillo...

The mother of murdered boy Bradyn Dillon drugged his abusive father’s drink in an attempt to rescue him from further violence, an inquest has heard.

The nine-year-old died in February 2016 after being subjected to beatings by his father that were so severe they were described as “torture”.

On Tuesday Bradyn’s mother told an inquest into his death that she had alerted police, child protection workers, the courts and multiple government departments about Graham Dillon’s repeated physical abuse of their son as she tried to gain custody.

She broke down in tears as she recounted the desperate lengths she went to in late 2014 when she drove from Shepparton in Victoria to Canberra in a bid to get her son back and save him from further physical abuse at the hands of Dillon.

“I put 300 grams of Seroquel in his coffee so he could go to sleep so I could take (Bradyn) without him harming us,” she told the inquest.

Seroquel is an antipsychotic but drowsiness is one of the drug’s side effects.

This was after allegedly learning Bradyn had been taken to hospital for a sexual examination after Dillon had “interfered” with him, the inquest heard.

he mother, whose identity has been suppressed, also told the inquest Bradyn had begged not to be sent back into the custody of his father in a meeting with Victorian authorities in which he said: “Please don’t send me back to daddy”.

He had also screamed in protest when delivered back into Dillon’s custody.

Even in the moment Dillon took Bradyn away he was still threatening the mother with violence, making a gesture that suggested he was going to slice her throat as he took Bradyn away, she said.

Dillon is serving 36 years in prison after pleading guilty to Bradyn’s murder.

The inquest has heard Dillon’s treatment of the boy amounted to “torture” as he had subjected him to repeated physical abuse described as “brutal and cowardly”.

The mother said she had shown officers at Shepparton Police Station in Victoria photos of bullets and a gun sent by Dillon to her in December 2014.

He had posted the photos on Facebook accompanied by the message: ”Christmas presents for you … tick tock bitch”.

She told the inquest officers told her they did not want to “touch” her case as it dealt with federal jurisdiction.

“I wanted (the police) to help,” she said. “Someone was going to end up dead.”

She tried reaching out to child protection agencies in Victoria and the ACT, the Australian Federal Police, lawyers and various courts to alert them to Dillon’s violence but ultimately he maintained custody over Bradyn.

The court heard the mother occasionally smoked the drug ice but never in the presence of Bradyn.

She made calls two to three times every week “to anyone who I could think of who would actually listen to me and help”.

The ACT’s Child and Youth Protection Services were getting “crabby” with her due to her persistent phone calls, she claimed.

She obtained a protection order for her and Bradyn in Victoria but dropped it after Dillon promised to return Bradyn if she did so.

He never did.

[url]APPALING AUSTRALIA APPALLING.[/url]

and now a 2 yr old boy has been found dead with multiple injuries.....in Melb.... Cry Cry Cry Cry

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australian SHAME.
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:31pm

her big mistake was in dropping the vro.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:37pm

oh give me a break  look at all the dept she went too..

unbelievable   they need to all be answerable for this childs death and life... Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:39pm

She dropped the VRO, by doing that she was saying he did not constitute a threat. Theres more to this story than is being told here I suspect.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:53pm

rhino wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:31pm:
her big mistake was in dropping the vro.

... and in leaping into that lifestyle in the first place.... anyone who, by now, doesn't understand the utter stupidity of drug use is already lost...

Maybe we need another Stolen Generation.... children removed from nasty environments ..... give them to old bastards like me who've never touched the sh1t, and they might get a better life.  School's just across the road here......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:17am

heaven forbid these kids should get a better life, we cant have another stolen generation.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 12:44am

All Australian and State government departments and police are corrupt. They all believe they have impunity for offenses against the law.

They conspire with each other against ordinary law-abiding people.

If they were made accountable murders like this wouldn't happen.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:29am

The woman holds some responsibility in what happened to this child.

Why did this arsehole get custody?

Obviously because she was a "meth head" ....

she put drug use ahead of her child.

Bottom line neither of them should have had a child or the child.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:36am

He should be hanged.

Society needs cleaning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:55am

Gnads wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:29am:
The woman holds some responsibility in what happened to this child.

Why did this arsehole get custody?

Obviously because she was a "meth head" ....

she put drug use ahead of her child.

Bottom line neither of them should have had a child or the child.

could be but she went everywhere in our lousy system  this child was 9  why didnt someone ask him .... the child was taken out of school by his father.....

this is a catastrophic SYSTEM FAIL..

this 9 year old was kicked to death....I hope this monster gets due justice in jail...  I am not a violent person  but so help me he wouldnt be safe if I got my hands on him.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:56am

Bobby. wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:36am:
He should be hanged.

Society needs cleaning.

sometimes bobby you do have a point....in this ase I think it would be too quick.. I want him to suffer...

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:23am

Everyone the mother turned too did nothing and allowed this boy to remain in danger and it is the mothers fault the father killed his son....Why would anyone bother going to authorities to be ignored....The mother was right and the father killed their son whilst authorities did SFA???

Angry Angry Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:26am

So...a lack of social workers in Australia?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:28am

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:23am:
Everyone the mother turned too did nothing and allowed this boy to remain in danger and it is the mothers fault the father killed his son....Why would anyone bother going to authorities to be ignored....The mother was right and the father killed their son whilst authorities did SFA???

Angry Angry Angry

Did I say it was the mothers fault?

I said she had "some" responsibility for the situation.

Otherwise that arsehole wouldn't have had custody.

That the system also failed this child & many others is a given.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 9:28am

there is going to be an investigation in the ACT...should also happen in Vic.....she doesnt sound as if she was the best mum in the world....but nothing compares to him..

now we have another male charged with killing a 2yr old in Melb....our crimes against children must be up with the world records.....

I am so angry... Angry Angry..

we need to come down on these monsters with such a heavy hand....instead we protect the bastards.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print