Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Average Australian poorer than poorest 20% Yanks (Read 738 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Average Australian poorer than poorest 20% Yanks
Sep 3rd, 2019 at 5:00pm

How is this for incongruity with Australian beliefs when the government propaganda keeps telling Australians how wealthy and well-off they are?

Could it be dependent on whether the fuel tank in JaSin's ute is full or not?

Australia is 18th on that chart.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/study_finds_americas_poorest_20_con...

« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:13pm by Laugh till you cry »  

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Average Australian poorer than poorest 20% Yanks
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 5:09pm

It's all comparative, innit?  An economy such as ours struggling with Third World Banana Republicanism simply cannot have a cost of living/income index that is positive in any way.

A local in Thailand may be able to eat and put roof over head etc for the equivalent of $10 a day OZ - but quite obviously we cannot compare with their comparative riches in the event their income rises, and many here are homeless.

While ever we are trapped into a 'market economy' that produces nothing and into a governmental structure that with eyes wide open plunges deeper and deeper into debt to compensate for its own insanity in offering everything up for the privatised business model, thus incurring never-ending costs and cost rises for the majority - there is zero hope for this nation and its economy to ever rise out of the Downfall wrought upon it by successive governments of globalisers.

Meanwhile they flood this nation with disruptive and divisive groups so as to ensure there is no possibility of any organised resistance....

It's called Insanity.... and governments wallow in it.

Hang ten a week until the rest get the message...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 5:58pm

I have given money to quite a few persons begging outside my shopping centre.....they all have the latest mobile...most are smoking.... Roll Eyes I dont say they shouldnt have any creature comforts .. but they are two very high priced habits.... for all I know they even have a car in the carpark.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:04pm

Do they account for overindulgence in "Consumption"?

"Consumption" is spendings.

How about "Savings" more than "Consumption"?

And
?

Obviously they weren't studying climate and couldn't get the readies.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:13pm

They consume more . Food and booze is incredibly cheap in the US. So are most other goods in comparison with Australia. Calories are so cheap that most poor people look like Valkie.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:19pm

cods wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 5:58pm:
I have given money to quite a few persons begging outside my shopping centre.....they all have the latest mobile...most are smoking.... Roll Eyes I dont say they shouldnt have any creature comforts .. but they are two very high priced habits.... for all I know they even have a car in the carpark.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You can see they have mobiles & smoke?

All the more fool you parting with your money to obvious professional beggars.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:20pm

By right of populations - Australia should be like one of the richest people on the planet. No-one has kids here, except little white fluffy dogs.

This Graph of LTYC's is flawed.
Because 1. Australia is one of the biggest and most consistent financial supporters of the United Nations.
2. The fact that the 'Costs' in Australia are so over-inflated that it keeps Australia wayyyy down the ladder, when its ironic considering our still high wages.

I smell a rat.

It's the 'position' of the Prime Minister to serve the USA
Like the Gov-General serves the UK.
Little wonder that our Prime Ministers from both Parties have been keeping Australia 'crippled' for so long.

Prime Ministers are traitors, like a paid South American Dictator.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:35pm

Biggest surprise from the chart was that the UK and Greece were ahead of Australia.

Australia is not even in the top ten of UN contributors.

What irks me most is that Singapore is considered more wealthy per capita than Australia. Where is that Singaporean wealth? It certainly isn't being paid in salary and wages to Singaporeans who are on miserable remuneration.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:36pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 6:20pm:
By right of populations - Australia should be like one of the richest people on the planet. No-one has kids here, except little white fluffy dogs.

Women around here like to have a third child. My sister is working on her fourth child.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:43pm

Average household savings rate 2010 -

Australia  - 8.35%

USA -         6.78%

Greece - -(minus)6.9%

UK -             6.46%

https://data.oecd.org/hha/household-savings.htm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:32am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:35pm:
Biggest surprise from the chart was that the UK and Greece were ahead of Australia.

What irks me most is that Singapore is considered more wealthy per capita than Australia. Where is that Singaporean wealth? It certainly isn't being paid in salary and wages to Singaporeans who are on miserable remuneration.

My god, sir - you're good when you stick to reality!!

Got it right!!  Investors in Singapura don't pay tax..... can't have the ultra-rich going poor ... they might have to work for a living...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 7:32am

BTW - how does the median Australian fare there?

Median total household weekly income in Australia divided geographically by statistical local area, as of the 2011 census

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 8:19am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:35pm:

Good .... farque the UN.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:45am

The ASX 200 bottomed out from the GFC in 2009. Perhaps this is a case of cherry picking the data.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 11:33am

freediver wrote on Sep 4th, 2019 at 10:45am:
The ASX 200 bottomed out from the GFC in 2009. Perhaps this is a case of cherry picking the data.

So did all the other 'cherries'.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print