Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 
Send Topic Print
Has there been a more outrageous porky here? (Read 54278 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Has there been a more outrageous porky here?
Reply #600 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 2:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 2:26pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 7:36am:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 8:14pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:15pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:12pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:58pm:
moses wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:54pm:
For goodness sake hammer, haven't you woke up yet.

The world was not supposed to advance (oh well the whitey bit anyway), it was perfectly O.K. for the Africans blacks to catch and sell each other as slaves. The muslims were to spread as far as the could, raping torturing and slaughtering their way to the caliphate.

Bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuutttttt the evil bloody whitey was not supposed to further themselves and others by exploring the globe and trading colonizing etc. etc. (other people do it good, whitey do it bad).

If it wasn't for them damned whiteys we could all be living in stick humpys, cutting chicken heads off for medical welfare, a spearing and a hunting other humans to our hearts content.

No no, thanks to those evil bloody whiteys, we all live in houses, and have education for our kids, we fly around in planes, we drive cars, we keep warm in winter and cool in summer, when all the time we could be eating worms and grass.

Down with whitey, for taking the world into the 21st century, up with lunatic leftardism and islam...

I know where you are coming from Moses. It's pisses me off royally. The left love painting a picture  of our people as a dirty virus that destroyed the world. It's all self hatred and racism.

The "Left" doesn't paint a picture.  White people (collectively, of both Right and Left wing persuasions) do that themselves.  Historians (generally) don't make history up.  It is what is recorded about past events.  Past events which people perpetuate.  Hammer, you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you want to ignore what people have done in the past.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
History taught has a habit of coinciding with the politics of the time. History is the most innacurate type of learning. It's always being manipulated and cherry picked.

By those who have an agenda they wish to push, Hammer.  Both Left and Right are guilty of that.  Downunder we had the "Culture Wars" of the 1990s-2000s under Howard and Co. who proclaimed any claims of white atrocities as being the "Black Armband" view of history.  In reality what it was, was a moving of the narrative away from the "Three Cheers" viewpoint back towards the centre.  Whites did commit atrocities against innocent black people.  They are historical facts from the historical record and they cannot be denied.  Today, the historical narrative is much closer to the centre with recognition that Indigenous Australians have been hard done by.  Of course, there will always be the "Three Cheers" mob, out there on the fringes, just as there will be "Black Armband" purveyors.  However what cannot be denied is in the historical records.

I've never denied it but I'm sick of this guilt sheet. Life is hard enough without making white people feel terrible all of the time. It's time to move forward. In the age of anxiety it doesn't do anybody any good.

Perhaps the Indigenous Australian's are also fed up with having their plight ignored by feelgood fools like yourself who refuse to acknowledge that what has occurred to the Indigenous people has been pretty bloody terrible.   Instead of acknowledging and accepting the shame (note, not the guilt) every time it comes up here,  we have the Three Cheers crowd saying, "Oh, that didn't happen," or "that couldn't have happened" or "they were taken for their own good..."  And guess what, you're one of the leaders amongst that mob.  You dispute every fact that is put up in front of you 'cause it shows just how bad White people were towards Indigenous Australians.  Roll Eyes

What you got to do, Hammer is accept responsibility for that shame and actually accept it and stop disputing it at every opportunity.  OK?

I don't have to do sheet because I didn't do I god damned thing to them. I'm just a lower class working stiff who doesn't have one ounce of power in this country. I don't mind feeling responsibility and giving serious thought to things I have actually done but f arked if I'll put my hand up to things I didn't do. You go ahead if you want but leave me out of it. My Irish ancestors were forced out here as convict slaves and you wouldn't give that a second thought.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #601 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 7:09pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 2:43pm:

The world was not supposed to advance (oh well the whitey bit anyway), it was perfectly O.K. for the Africans blacks to catch and sell each other as slaves. The muslims were to spread as far as the could, raping torturing and slaughtering their way to the caliphate.

Bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuutttttt the evil bloody whitey was not supposed to further themselves and others by exploring the globe and trading colonizing etc. etc. (other people do it good, whitey do it bad).

If it wasn't for them damned whiteys we could all be living in stick humpys, cutting chicken heads off for medical welfare, a spearing and a hunting other humans to our hearts content.

No no, thanks to those evil bloody whiteys, we all live in houses, and have education for our kids, we fly around in planes, we drive cars, we keep warm in winter and cool in summer, when all the time we could be eating worms and grass.

Down with whitey, for taking the world into the 21st century, up with lunatic leftardism and islam...

I know where you are coming from Moses. It's pisses me off royally. The left love painting a picture  of our people as a dirty virus that destroyed the world. It's all self hatred and racism.

The "Left" doesn't paint a picture.  White people (collectively, of both Right and Left wing persuasions) do that themselves.  Historians (generally) don't make history up.  It is what is recorded about past events.  Past events which people perpetuate.  Hammer, you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you want to ignore what people have done in the past.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
History taught has a habit of coinciding with the politics of the time. History is the most innacurate type of learning. It's always being manipulated and cherry picked.

By those who have an agenda they wish to push, Hammer.  Both Left and Right are guilty of that.  Downunder we had the "Culture Wars" of the 1990s-2000s under Howard and Co. who proclaimed any claims of white atrocities as being the "Black Armband" view of history.  In reality what it was, was a moving of the narrative away from the "Three Cheers" viewpoint back towards the centre.  Whites did commit atrocities against innocent black people.  They are historical facts from the historical record and they cannot be denied.  Today, the historical narrative is much closer to the centre with recognition that Indigenous Australians have been hard done by.  Of course, there will always be the "Three Cheers" mob, out there on the fringes, just as there will be "Black Armband" purveyors.  However what cannot be denied is in the historical records.

I've never denied it but I'm sick of this guilt sheet. Life is hard enough without making white people feel terrible all of the time. It's time to move forward. In the age of anxiety it doesn't do anybody any good.

Perhaps the Indigenous Australian's are also fed up with having their plight ignored by feelgood fools like yourself who refuse to acknowledge that what has occurred to the Indigenous people has been pretty bloody terrible.   Instead of acknowledging and accepting the shame (note, not the guilt) every time it comes up here,  we have the Three Cheers crowd saying, "Oh, that didn't happen," or "that couldn't have happened" or "they were taken for their own good..."  And guess what, you're one of the leaders amongst that mob.  You dispute every fact that is put up in front of you 'cause it shows just how bad White people were towards Indigenous Australians.  Roll Eyes

What you got to do, Hammer is accept responsibility for that shame and actually accept it and stop disputing it at every opportunity.  OK?

I don't have to do sheet because I didn't do I god damned thing to them. I'm just a lower class working stiff who doesn't have one ounce of power in this country. I don't mind feeling responsibility and giving serious thought to things I have actually done but f arked if I'll put my hand up to things I didn't do. You go ahead if you want but leave me out of it. My Irish ancestors were forced out here as convict slaves and you wouldn't give that a second thought.

Australia has been a democracy since at least 1890 in most colonies, Hammer.  You or your ancestors were voters, who voted for the Governments which did these things.  In otherwords, they did them with your and your ancestors' OK and support.  So, before you claim you are not responsible, think about that.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #602 - Nov 27th, 2019 at 9:46am

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 7:09pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 2:43pm:

Australia has been a democracy since at least 1890 in most colonies, Hammer.  You or your ancestors were voters, who voted for the Governments which did these things.  In otherwords, they did them with your and your ancestors' OK and support.  So, before you claim you are not responsible, think about that.  Roll Eyes

You have no idea about what my ancestors thought and did brian.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #603 - Nov 27th, 2019 at 6:08pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 27th, 2019 at 9:46am:

You're right, I have no idea.  Why don't you tell us what you or your ancestors did, Hammer?

They were, I assumed citizens of Australia after 1901 and they voted in the federal and state elections, right?

So, which parties did they vote for?  I am truly interested...

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #604 - Nov 28th, 2019 at 7:30am

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 27th, 2019 at 6:08pm:

You're right, I have no idea.  Why don't you tell us what you or your ancestors did, Hammer?

They were, I assumed citizens of Australia after 1901 and they voted in the federal and state elections, right?

They were poor so probably the Labor Party. It's all lost in time.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #605 - Nov 28th, 2019 at 10:41am

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 28th, 2019 at 7:30am:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 27th, 2019 at 6:08pm:

They were poor so probably the Labor Party. It's all lost in time.

And you?  I'd assume the PHONies after the rise of Hansonism, right?  Before that, the ALP as well, right?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #606 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 10:18am

freediver wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 6:24pm:
Gandalf previously insisted all white people were morally culpable for the deaths caused by introduced diseases to the new world.

No he didn't. FD on the other hand insists that every single muslim on earth, man woman and child, supports genocide. He then apparently doesn't see the face-palming irony of morally lecturing me on assigning collective guilt.

Quote:
Gandalf also likes to equate incompetence with moral superiority. Europeans did everything on a larger scale than Muslims, despite Muslims sitting on the oldest and most advanced civilisations on earth - including ending institutions such as slavery, institutionalised rape, and institutionalised pedophilia - something Muslims never got round to doing on their own accord.

You're right FD - the muslims didn't kill the most number of people through imperialism across all the continents on earth, nor created the largest ever slave trade the world has ever known, nor destroyed the most number of civilizations through violence and disease.

To say that Islamic civilization comes a long way behind the Europeans in the sheer scale of slaughter and destruction is simply a statement of fact. And I make no apologies for stating this as fact. Your mistake is in interpreting that as equating incompetence with moral superiority.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #607 - Dec 19th, 2019 at 6:59pm

Quote:
You're right FD - the muslims didn't kill the most number of people through imperialism across all the continents on earth, nor created the largest ever slave trade the world has ever known, nor destroyed the most number of civilizations through violence and disease.

Not for lack of intent or effort. Just lack of competence. Europeans on the other hand had the competence to do whatever they wanted on a far greater scale. Instead of a Muslim utopia of eternal rape and pillage, they gave us the movement to liberal democracy that is now sweeping the world. They even eradicated slavery in Muslim countries.

Hence the tendency for Muslims to clutch at straws by equating incompetence with benign intent, or in Gandalf's case, moral superiority.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #608 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 9:02am

FD, I think the muslims would have killed as many, if not more, people than the Europeans if they had the ability. I'm not sure why you continue pretending I don't. Morally, they were every bit as bad as the Europeans, and thats an indictment on humanity - not religion.

There is only person here who is apologising for and downplaying mass murder, slavery and mass destruction of entire civilizations... and its not me.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #609 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 11:26am

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 9:02am:
FD, I think the muslims would have killed as many, if not more, people than the Europeans if they had the ability. I'm not sure why you continue pretending I don't. Morally, they were every bit as bad as the Europeans, and thats an indictment on humanity - not religion.

There is only person here who is apologising for and downplaying mass murder, slavery and mass destruction of entire civilizations... and its not me.

That 'if not more' is the indictment of Islamic motivations. When they could, they murdered far more people. This is especially true in our lifetime.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #610 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 6:12pm

polite gandi wrote Reply #608 - Today at 9:02am
Quote:

Oh come on polite gandi, yes I agree, men in the past have committed the foulest of deeds against their fellow man.

But when it comes to religious motivation, the following is 100% true:

muslims who commit human rights atrocities are following the teachings of muhammad in the qur'an.

Men who have committed atrocities against their fellow man, have totally disobeyed the teachings of Christ.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #611 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 7:28pm

So why is it that the Christian west intervened in the Muslim world to end slavery, and not vice versa?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #612 - Dec 20th, 2019 at 8:49pm

freediver wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 7:28pm:

So why is it that the Christian west intervened in the Muslim world to end slavery, and not vice versa?

An Islamophobic question, that is.

Hateful. Hating peace.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #613 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 8:06am

freediver wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 7:28pm:

While not intimately familiar with the history of western intervention in the Islamic world, I rather suspect that claim is starry eyed revisionist bullshit. The exact type of bullshit that is conjured up to apologise, downplay and outright deny the greatest episode of mass slaughter the world has ever seen.

Is it that you are attempting to apologise for this unprecedented mass slaughter on the basis that it was ok - because out of it we got freeeedom? Or are you still attempting to make the case that European rapists and pillagers were not responsible for the diseases they spread while they were raping and pillaging - because they didn't know they had the diseases?

Quote:

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #614 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 9:39am

Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:12pm:
[quote author=gandalf link=1567134066/8#8 date=1567144724]

OK then - FD made it up but

"The Taliban bombed schools, raided houses, and threatened teachers. "

This is so this site.  And these people are in charge.

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 
Send Topic Print