Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43
Send Topic Print
Has there been a more outrageous porky here? (Read 54171 times)
moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Has there been a more outrageous porky here?
Reply #585 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:54pm

For goodness sake hammer, haven't you woke up yet.

The world was not supposed to advance (oh well the whitey bit anyway), it was perfectly O.K. for the Africans blacks to catch and sell each other as slaves. The muslims were to spread as far as the could, raping torturing and slaughtering their way to the caliphate.

Bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuutttttt the evil bloody whitey was not supposed to further themselves and others by exploring the globe and trading colonizing etc. etc. (other people do it good, whitey do it bad).

If it wasn't for them damned whiteys we could all be living in stick humpys, cutting chicken heads off for medical welfare, a spearing and a hunting other humans to our hearts content.

No no, thanks to those evil bloody whiteys, we all live in houses, and have education for our kids, we fly around in planes, we drive cars, we keep warm in winter and cool in summer, when all the time we could be eating worms and grass, sweating in the summer and freezing in the winter.

Down with whitey, for taking the world into the 21st century, up with lunatic leftardism and islam...

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #586 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:58pm

moses wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:54pm:

The world was not supposed to advance (oh well the whitey bit anyway), it was perfectly O.K. for the Africans blacks to catch and sell each other as slaves. The muslims were to spread as far as the could, raping torturing and slaughtering their way to the caliphate.

Bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuutttttt the evil bloody whitey was not supposed to further themselves and others by exploring the globe and trading colonizing etc. etc. (other people do it good, whitey do it bad).

If it wasn't for them damned whiteys we could all be living in stick humpys, cutting chicken heads off for medical welfare, a spearing and a hunting other humans to our hearts content.

No no, thanks to those evil bloody whiteys, we all live in houses, and have education for our kids, we fly around in planes, we drive cars, we keep warm in winter and cool in summer, when all the time we could be eating worms and grass.

Down with whitey, for taking the world into the 21st century, up with lunatic leftardism and islam...

I know where you are coming from Moses. It's pisses me off royally. The left love painting a picture  of our people as a dirty virus that destroyed the world. It's all self hatred and racism.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #587 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 4:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:43pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:41pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:29pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:18pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:08pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 2:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 2:38pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 2:07pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 1:57pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 1:48pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 1:31pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:29pm:
You missed about 90% of the evidence I presented, but at least that is a step up from "missing" 100% of it.

This is about FD's favourite 'go to' response when he has been exposed as making up porkies that have no basis in fact: "oh but you ignore all the legit evidence I already presented". It is of course bluster and hot air. No one who could actually be bothered reading this entire inane debate would be under any illusions that the entirety of FD's arguments have been no more than the laughable list I just cited. And of course most of that does not even resemble presenting evidence, but is hysterical flailing  - such as ad-hom attacks and levelling the trusty old 'your a terrorist sympathiser' accusation. What is left bare, under this most pathetic emperor's clothes is literally nothing more than the lamest references in wikipedia to a) school girls who "risked execution" and b) entirely irrelevant anecdotes of attacks outside the period in question (ie taliban rule 1996-2001). He then spends the entirety of the rest of this conversation (39 pages and counting) padding it with idiotic rhetorical questions ('are you saying the article suggests the executions *WEREN'T* happening??'), logical fallacies ('by saying I am wrong, you are the one "claiming" baselessly the executions didn't happen'), and of course the usual ad-homs about the critics' religion who is naturally a terrorist sympathiser.

Or in other words, the same way that FD always reacts when forced to confront his own dishonesty.

Quote:
Did you or did you not claim that the Taliban only started shooting students after the US invaded?

I did not. Here again FD exposes his extraordinary inability to understand the difference between pointing out that a particular statement is baseless, and actually claiming that the opposite definitely happened.

Quote:
Gandalf still blames white people for the flu.

FD literally still can't bring himself to acknowledge simple, uncontroversial truths like the fact that white people committed the greatest acts of genocide the world has ever seen. He pretends it was nothing but the flu. He can't even acknowledge that where flu/European diseases caused widespread deaths in non-European places, it was mostly brought there becacuse the Europeans went a raping and pillaging there.

what's a European disease?

Diseases that were prevalent in Europe and carried by European colonists/invaders/rapist-pillagers to places where those diseases have never touched before.

I remember FD objected strongly to the term before, so I'm happy to dispense with it.

Instead we can say "He can't even acknowledge that where flu/
diseases carried by Europeans
caused widespread deaths in non-European places, it was mostly brought there becacuse the Europeans went a raping and pillaging there.

These diseases were prevalent right throughout the known world at the time.

No they weren't Hammer.  If they were, why didn't the inhabitants of the New World have resistance to them?  Mmmm?  Roll Eyes

The known world Brian. The world that had constant interaction.

Gandalf was answering your question about the "unknown world".  Roll Eyes

Smallpox comes from Africa. I don't understand why it has become a white disease. That's all I'm saying.

It was acquired in Africa.  It was spread by white explorers and conquerors.  Simples really, Hammer.  I suggest you read Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel".  It will do the world of good to shake off your foolish Racist views.

It wasn't only spread by the  conquistadors. It's been spread by loads of people throughout the ages. Even from mothers to babies. The bacteria doesn't care about politics or warfare . It just hops from one post to the other. No human is guilty of that. It's just nature. When you are an isolated population that's a danger. No defence.

Read the book, Hammer.  Read the book.  Roll Eyes

I'll read your book when you have a concern for the people who passed on  small pox to the Europeans the way you are concerned with who the Europeans pass it on to.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #588 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:09pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 4:00pm:
You missed about 90% of the evidence I presented, but at least that is a step up from "missing" 100% of it.

This is about FD's favourite 'go to' response when he has been exposed as making up porkies that have no basis in fact: "oh but you ignore all the legit evidence I already presented". It is of course bluster and hot air. No one who could actually be bothered reading this entire inane debate would be under any illusions that the entirety of FD's arguments have been no more than the laughable list I just cited. And of course most of that does not even resemble presenting evidence, but is hysterical flailing  - such as ad-hom attacks and levelling the trusty old 'your a terrorist sympathiser' accusation. What is left bare, under this most pathetic emperor's clothes is literally nothing more than the lamest references in wikipedia to a) school girls who "risked execution" and b) entirely irrelevant anecdotes of attacks outside the period in question (ie taliban rule 1996-2001). He then spends the entirety of the rest of this conversation (39 pages and counting) padding it with idiotic rhetorical questions ('are you saying the article suggests the executions *WEREN'T* happening??'), logical fallacies ('by saying I am wrong, you are the one "claiming" baselessly the executions didn't happen'), and of course the usual ad-homs about the critics' religion who is naturally a terrorist sympathiser.

Or in other words, the same way that FD always reacts when forced to confront his own dishonesty.

Quote:
Did you or did you not claim that the Taliban only started shooting students after the US invaded?

I did not. Here again FD exposes his extraordinary inability to understand the difference between pointing out that a particular statement is baseless, and actually claiming that the opposite definitely happened.

Quote:

FD literally still can't bring himself to acknowledge simple, uncontroversial truths like the fact that white people committed the greatest acts of genocide the world has ever seen. He pretends it was nothing but the flu. He can't even acknowledge that where flu/European diseases caused widespread deaths in non-European places, it was mostly brought there becacuse the Europeans went a raping and pillaging there.

Diseases that were prevalent in Europe and carried by European colonists/invaders/rapist-pillagers to places where those diseases have never touched before.

I remember FD objected strongly to the term before, so I'm happy to dispense with it.

caused widespread deaths in non-European places, it was mostly brought there becacuse the Europeans went a raping and pillaging there.

No they weren't Hammer.  If they were, why didn't the inhabitants of the New World have resistance to them?  Mmmm?  Roll Eyes

Smallpox comes from Africa. I don't understand why it has become a white disease. That's all I'm saying.

It was acquired in Africa.  It was spread by white explorers and conquerors.  Simples really, Hammer.  I suggest you read Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel".  It will do the world of good to shake off your foolish Racist views.

It wasn't only spread by the  conquistadors. It's been spread by loads of people throughout the ages. Even from mothers to babies. The bacteria doesn't care about politics or warfare . It just hops from one post to the other. No human is guilty of that. It's just nature. When you are an isolated population that's a danger. No defence.

I'll read your book when you have a concern for the people who passed on  small pox to the Europeans the way you are concerned with who the Europeans pass it on to.

Did they or did the Europeans travel to Africa, Hammer?  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #589 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:09pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 4:00pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Did they or did the Europeans travel to Africa, Hammer?  Roll Eyes

Maybe the bug travelled from country to country and made it's way there Brian. Who knows. That's how it mostly happens. Bugs travel through people Brian.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #590 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:12pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 3:58pm:

No no, thanks to those evil bloody whiteys, we all live in houses, and have education for our kids, we fly around in planes, we drive cars, we keep warm in winter and cool in summer, when all the time we could be eating worms and grass.

I know where you are coming from Moses. It's pisses me off royally. The left love painting a picture  of our people as a dirty virus that destroyed the world. It's all self hatred and racism.

The "Left" doesn't paint a picture.  White people (collectively, of both Right and Left wing persuasions) do that themselves.  Historians (generally) don't make history up.  It is what is recorded about past events.  Past events which people perpetuate.  Hammer, you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you want to ignore what people have done in the past.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #591 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:15pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:12pm:

The "Left" doesn't paint a picture.  White people (collectively, of both Right and Left wing persuasions) do that themselves.  Historians (generally) don't make history up.  It is what is recorded about past events.  Past events which people perpetuate.  Hammer, you must live in cloud cuckoo land if you want to ignore what people have done in the past.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
History taught has a habit of coinciding with the politics of the time. History is the most innacurate type of learning. It's always being manipulated and cherry picked.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #592 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:23pm

Quote:

Quote:

These diseases were prevalent right throughout the known world at the time. These viruses and bacteria are actually older than humans. They are ancient lifeforms. The reason white people conquered lands is because they could. They were the leaders in long distance sea travel. If other peoples could have done  it  they would have done it themselves. White people aren't the only pillagers throughout history. It was happening before white people. The population affected doesn't make it any worse. It's still pillaging no matter how you look at it. African's , arabs, Persians, aborigines,  South American tribal wars etc etc etc.

1. key word is 'known world' - the Americas and Australia etc were not part of the known world, and the current population had no immunity to said diseases

2. yes, they conquered because they could. Thats fine, might is right etc. Doesn't change the fact that millions of people died because of it

3. No one did raping and pillaging like Europeans in terms of scale and number of people who suffered and died because of it. Not the arabs, muslims, Aborigines etc etc.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #593 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:33pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:23pm:

Quote:

Quote:

These diseases were prevalent right throughout the known world at the time. These viruses and bacteria are actually older than humans. They are ancient lifeforms. The reason white people conquered lands is because they could. They were the leaders in long distance sea travel. If other peoples could have done  it  they would have done it themselves. White people aren't the only pillagers throughout history. It was happening before white people. The population affected doesn't make it any worse. It's still pillaging no matter how you look at it. African's , arabs, Persians, aborigines,  South American tribal wars etc etc etc.

1. key word is 'known world' - the Americas and Australia etc were not part of the known world, and the current population had no immunity to said diseases

2. yes, they conquered because they could. Thats fine, might is right etc. Doesn't change the fact that millions of people died because of it

3. No one did raping and pillaging like Europeans in terms of scale and number of people who suffered and died because of it. Not the arabs, muslims, Aborigines etc etc.

Nobody hey? Do you know how whitey was able to get black slaves? They didn't arrive in boats and snatch people like some believe. They traded them from tribes who kept a few slaves after a good old rape and slaughter. In the ancient times armies wiped everybody out other than maybe a few slaves. It was a common practice. It's nothing new Gandalf. It's not a white thing, it's a human thing.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #594 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 6:16pm

For goodness sake our polite muzzie should know better that anybody else, about booty rape torture and slaughter as the tools to go forward.

That is precisely what islam was founded on.

Their *holy book* is riddled with it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #595 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 6:24pm

Quote:

Quote:

Gandalf previously insisted all white people were morally culpable for the deaths caused by introduced diseases to the new world.

Quote:
No one did raping and pillaging like Europeans in terms of scale and number of people who suffered and died because of it. Not the arabs, muslims, Aborigines etc etc.

Gandalf also likes to equate incompetence with moral superiority. Europeans did everything on a larger scale than Muslims, despite Muslims sitting on the oldest and most advanced civilisations on earth - including ending institutions such as slavery, institutionalised rape, and institutionalised pedophilia - something Muslims never got round to doing on their own accord.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #596 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 8:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 5:15pm:

History taught has a habit of coinciding with the politics of the time. History is the most innacurate type of learning. It's always being manipulated and cherry picked.

By those who have an agenda they wish to push, Hammer.  Both Left and Right are guilty of that.  Downunder we had the "Culture Wars" of the 1990s-2000s under Howard and Co. who proclaimed any claims of white atrocities as being the "Black Armband" view of history.  In reality what it was, was a moving of the narrative away from the "Three Cheers" viewpoint back towards the centre.  Whites did commit atrocities against innocent black people.  They are historical facts from the historical record and they cannot be denied.  Today, the historical narrative is much closer to the centre with recognition that Indigenous Australians have been hard done by.  Of course, there will always be the "Three Cheers" mob, out there on the fringes, just as there will be "Black Armband" purveyors.  However what cannot be denied is in the historical records.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #597 - Nov 25th, 2019 at 8:15pm

For goodness sake our impolite Christian should know better that anybody else, about booty rape torture and slaughter as the tools to go forward.

That is precisely what Christianity was founded on.

Their *holy book*, the Bible, is riddled with it.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #598 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 7:36am

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 8:14pm:

By those who have an agenda they wish to push, Hammer.  Both Left and Right are guilty of that.  Downunder we had the "Culture Wars" of the 1990s-2000s under Howard and Co. who proclaimed any claims of white atrocities as being the "Black Armband" view of history.  In reality what it was, was a moving of the narrative away from the "Three Cheers" viewpoint back towards the centre.  Whites did commit atrocities against innocent black people.  They are historical facts from the historical record and they cannot be denied.  Today, the historical narrative is much closer to the centre with recognition that Indigenous Australians have been hard done by.  Of course, there will always be the "Three Cheers" mob, out there on the fringes, just as there will be "Black Armband" purveyors.  However what cannot be denied is in the historical records.

I've never denied it but I'm sick of this guilt sheet. Life is hard enough without making white people feel terrible all of the time. It's time to move forward. In the age of anxiety it doesn't do anybody any good.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #599 - Nov 26th, 2019 at 2:26pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 26th, 2019 at 7:36am:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 25th, 2019 at 8:14pm:

I've never denied it but I'm sick of this guilt sheet. Life is hard enough without making white people feel terrible all of the time. It's time to move forward. In the age of anxiety it doesn't do anybody any good.

Perhaps the Indigenous Australian's are also fed up with having their plight ignored by feelgood fools like yourself who refuse to acknowledge that what has occurred to the Indigenous people has been pretty bloody terrible.   Instead of acknowledging and accepting the shame (note, not the guilt) every time it comes up here,  we have the Three Cheers crowd saying, "Oh, that didn't happen," or "that couldn't have happened" or "they were taken for their own good..."  And guess what, you're one of the leaders amongst that mob.  You dispute every fact that is put up in front of you 'cause it shows just how bad White people were towards Indigenous Australians.  Roll Eyes

What you got to do, Hammer is accept responsibility for that shame and actually accept it and stop disputing it at every opportunity.  OK?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43
Send Topic Print