Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Has there been a more outrageous porky here? (Read 54209 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Has there been a more outrageous porky here?
Reply #555 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:54pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 4:38pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 4:29pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:48pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:44pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 1:55pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 1:48pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 1:34pm:
Spanish killed over 30 million Native Americans.

And that's a rubbish stat because nobody knew the population count for these various people. And nobody knows how many of these died of disease. It's a bigger guess than all of the others. Including the holocaust.

Immaterial, Hammer.  What is known is the numbers which roughly died from contact with Europeans.  Roll Eyes

So you feel guilty and responsible when you pass on the flu then?

You mean you don't?  Do you do it deliberately?  Roll Eyes

To you I would. Did the Spanish Conquistadors ?

The Flu?  Doubtful.  Smallpox?  Yes, definitely.   Roll Eyes

So these people were trudging around in the jungle thousands of miles from home walking around in contact  small pox and risking getting it themselves.

There are other ways of infecting people with Smallpox, Hammer.  Read up about it.  Roll Eyes

You need to read up on the Spanish in Central and South America. There's absolutely no evidence they did that.

Quote:
In April 1520, Spanish forces landed in what is now Veracruz, Mexico, unwittingly bringing along an African slave infected with smallpox. Two months later, Spanish troops entered the capital of the Aztec Empire, Tenochtitlán (shown above), and by mid-October the virus was sweeping through the city (depicted above in images from the Florentine codex, a document written by a 16th century Spanish friar), killing nearly half of the population, which scholars today estimate at 50,000 to 300,000 people. The dead included the Aztec ruler, Cuitláhuac, and many of his senior advisers. By the time Hernán Cortés and his troops began their final assault on Tenochtitlán, bodies lay scattered over the city, allowing the small Spanish force to overwhelm the shocked defenders.

[Source]

Quote:
Smallpox is believed to have arrived in the Americas in 1520 on a Spanish ship sailing from Cuba, carried by an infected African slave. As soon as the party landed in Mexico, the infection began its deadly voyage through the continent. Even before the arrival of Pizarro, smallpox had already devastated the Inca Empire, killing the Emperor Huayna Capac and unleashing a bitter civil war that distracted and weakened his successor, Atahuallpa.

In the era of global conquest which followed, European colonizers were assisted around the world by the germs which they carried. A 1713 smallpox epidemic in the Cape of Good Hope decimated the South African Khoi San people, rendering them incapable of resisting the process of colonization. European germs also wreaked devastation on the aboriginal communities of Australia and New Zealand.

More victims of colonization were killed by Eurasian germs, than by either the gun or the sword, making germs the deadliest agent of conquest.

[Source]

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you know what the word "unwittingly" means Brian?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #556 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 8:31pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:57pm:

And that's a rubbish stat because nobody knew the population count for these various people. And nobody knows how many of these died of disease. It's a bigger guess than all of the others. Including the holocaust.

Immaterial, Hammer.  What is known is the numbers which roughly died from contact with Europeans.  Roll Eyes

So these people were trudging around in the jungle thousands of miles from home walking around in contact  small pox and risking getting it themselves.

There are other ways of infecting people with Smallpox, Hammer.  Read up about it.  Roll Eyes

You need to read up on the Spanish in Central and South America. There's absolutely no evidence they did that.

Quote:
In April 1520, Spanish forces landed in what is now Veracruz, Mexico, unwittingly bringing along an African slave infected with smallpox. Two months later, Spanish troops entered the capital of the Aztec Empire, Tenochtitlán (shown above), and by mid-October the virus was sweeping through the city (depicted above in images from the Florentine codex, a document written by a 16th century Spanish friar), killing nearly half of the population, which scholars today estimate at 50,000 to 300,000 people. The dead included the Aztec ruler, Cuitláhuac, and many of his senior advisers. By the time Hernán Cortés and his troops began their final assault on Tenochtitlán, bodies lay scattered over the city, allowing the small Spanish force to overwhelm the shocked defenders.

[Source]

Quote:
Smallpox is believed to have arrived in the Americas in 1520 on a Spanish ship sailing from Cuba, carried by an infected African slave. As soon as the party landed in Mexico, the infection began its deadly voyage through the continent. Even before the arrival of Pizarro, smallpox had already devastated the Inca Empire, killing the Emperor Huayna Capac and unleashing a bitter civil war that distracted and weakened his successor, Atahuallpa.

In the era of global conquest which followed, European colonizers were assisted around the world by the germs which they carried. A 1713 smallpox epidemic in the Cape of Good Hope decimated the South African Khoi San people, rendering them incapable of resisting the process of colonization. European germs also wreaked devastation on the aboriginal communities of Australia and New Zealand.

More victims of colonization were killed by Eurasian germs, than by either the gun or the sword, making germs the deadliest agent of conquest.

[Source]

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

She IS Mrs Unwittingly (nee Witless - cousin marriage, don't ask.)

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #557 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 8:37pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 7:57pm:

Quote:

[Source]

Quote:

[Source]

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you, Hammer?  There are numerous other quotes which prove that Christians utilised  biological warfare against native peoples.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #558 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:05pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 8:37pm:
  There are numerous other quotes which prove that Christians utilised  biological warfare against native peoples.   Roll Eyes

Weally, Bwian?? Weally? Biological warfare, was it?? Weally??  Your hot flushes are getting out of control, Aunty Bwian.

When was the 'warfare'? Or do you want ME to Google it....?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #559 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:29pm

Frank wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:05pm:
  There are numerous other quotes which prove that Christians utilised  biological warfare against native peoples.   Roll Eyes

Weally, Bwian?? Weally? Biological warfare, was it?? Weally??  Your hot flushes are getting out of control, Aunty Bwian.

You make sure you take all the precautions when you Google it, old boy. Gloves, safety goggles, the correct attire.

We don't want to see you coming down with anything nasty, thank you very much.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #560 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:36pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:29pm:

You make sure you take all the precautions when you Google it, old boy. Gloves, safety goggles, the correct attire.

We don't want to see you coming down with anything nasty, thank you very much.

Sorry, no poo to suck here, paki, move on.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #561 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:46pm

Go for it, Soren.  It will be amusing watching you doing something destroys your own argument.  I look forward to you presenting your evidence (truthfully of course).  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #562 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:46pm:

Go for it, Soren.  It will be amusing watching you doing something destroys your own argument.  I look forward to you presenting your evidence (truthfully of course).  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Spineless slimeball. Now I have to search for the nonexistence support YOUR baseless argument.  I knew you would bite - you'd do anything to avoid honesty and truthfulness.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #563 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:56pm

Spineless slimeball. Now I have to search for the nonexistence support YOUR baseless argument.  I knew you would bite - you'd do anything to avoid honesty and truthfulness.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #564 - Nov 19th, 2019 at 9:57pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #565 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 8:14pm

Stuttering, Soren?  Really?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #566 - Nov 21st, 2019 at 9:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 21st, 2019 at 8:14pm:

Now now, Brian, the old boy can't help that.

It's a disability.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #567 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 4:35pm

Quote:
In April 1520, Spanish forces landed in what is now Veracruz, Mexico, unwittingly bringing along an African slave infected with smallpox.

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2019 at 4:58pm by moses »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #568 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 9:48pm

Gandalf will be pleased, he can stop blaming white people now.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #569 - Nov 22nd, 2019 at 10:50pm

freediver wrote on Nov 22nd, 2019 at 9:48pm:
Gandalf will be pleased, he can stop blaming white people now.

Well, let's all hope he does the right thing and blames Islam and the dirty Boongs.

You?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43
Send Topic Print