Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Has there been a more outrageous porky here? (Read 53775 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Has there been a more outrageous porky here?
Reply #15 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:01pm

I agree with the BORING BIT..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:11pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:12pm:
The Taliban bombed schools, raided houses, and threatened teachers

post 2001 and not the same outfit... but yes its true that there is so much horrible stuff that the taliban actually did that can be used to rightly criticism them with.

And yet, FD still wants to use porkies.

Can you think of a reason why he might do that? I'm struggling.

Malala was shot by the Taliban Gandalf. In the head. For promoting the education of girls. The death penalty was official Taliban policy for the crime of educating girls, and applied to both students and teachers.

You are clutching at straws here. What exactly is it that you want? Youtube videos of children's heads exploding?

And why are you so eager to defend the Taliban?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:22pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:07pm:
The standard deflection/tacit apology for blatant dishonesty - by way of an irrelevant anecdote.

Boy I sure didn't see that coming!!

So you knowing how extreme the Taliban are & yet cannot conceive that it was quite possible seeings as what happened to that young girl in Pakistan(shot in the head over being educated) that they would not or were not actively engaged in stopping the education of young girls on the threat of death?

The only thing that the Taliban actually had a positive affect on was the stopping of the Bacha Bazi/Dancing Boy child prostitution in Afghanistan.

Yet once they were ousted it started up again and US & Allied forces remaining there then had to turn a blind eye to it.   

A case of feigned outrage on your part?
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:40pm by Gnads »  

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:39pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:16pm:

post 2001 and not the same outfit... but yes its true that there is so much horrible stuff that the taliban actually did that can be used to rightly criticism them with.

What you need to wonder is why Muslim scholars are not all calling
for a reformation of the Islamic faith?

Giving women equal rights to education would be a nice start.
Getting rid of the death penalty for apostasy would
also go a long way towards a better future.

Because they along with Ayotollahs, Mullahs & Imams are just ignorant, flat earther, radicals who are the problem with Islam globally.

And the stupid part is we allow these people(Imams) to come to Australia as heads of Islamic centres & Mosque leaders in our Muslim communities.

The only Imam(Shi'ite) in Australia to speak out & call for the reform of Islam has been attacked & threatened by other Muslims(Sunnis) here for his views.i

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:44pm

According to Gandalf, that is freedom of speech, Islam style.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:20pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:05pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:48pm:
So do want me to declare a win for you against Freediver?
Would it make you feel better?

I'm trying to get people to change their though processes. That instead of knee-jerkingly apologising for outrageous lies, or deflecting with irrelevant anecdotes, they may join me in calling out these lies for what they are - outrages done for the most contemptible and sinister of purposes.

I'm hoping that people will think to do this - even when the lies align with their personal views about the topic. Its difficult I know, but I think its important.

Lies are the biggest threat to free speech IMO.

They're not lies when everything the Taliban does is just as atrocious, inhuman and mentally spastic. Even if it's not true, we still know that the Taliban have no place in civilized society ... and how do you know they didn't shoot 8 year olds?

FD's assertion may have been a generic statement, and that's something we can figure out for ourselves. But lie or not, it doesn't change our perception of the Taliban, it's not a culture we'd like included in our "most successful multicultural society in the world" society. They're just too weird

Strange how you want to get people to change their thoughts processes ... when you are completely reluctant to change your own

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:30pm

freediver wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:05pm:

Malala was shot by the Taliban Gandalf. In the head. For promoting the education of girls. The death penalty was official Taliban policy for the crime of educating girls, and applied to both students and teachers.

You are clutching at straws here. What exactly is it that you want? Youtube videos of children's heads exploding?

Because they are muslim, muslims can do no wrong

It's only us infidels that Gandalf wants to see "change thought processes". Muslims don't have a thought process to change
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2019 at 11:12am by Bias_2012 »  

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #22 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:39pm

An article, wikipedia, or news, giving just some evidence for the claim that little 8 year olds were routinely shot in the back of the head in an "actively enforced policy" for reading non-Quranic material during Taliban rule. Not of bombs going off in schools during an insurgency over a decade later.

You were very specific FD - little 8 year old girls shot in the back of the head for the crime of reading non-Quranic material. Do you think it ever actually happened? If it did there is presumably evidence. Yet you have none. Now you backpeddle and resort to the vague sweep "The death penalty was official Taliban policy for the crime of educating girls, and applied to both students and teachers". Which is both inadequate for the claim you made, and moreover baseless itself. Oh thats so FD - justify one baseless claim with another completely baseless claim.

Here's one for you - I reckon not a single girl 8 years or younger was ever shot by the taliban regime in Afghanistan for reading non-Quranic material. No doubt you'll start to demand I prove that negative in your usual fashion.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #23 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:46pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:30pm:

Because the are muslim, muslims can do no wrong

It's only us infidels that Gandalf wants to see "change thought processes". Muslims don't have a thought process to change

Why do you apologise for blatant use of porkies to smear Islam?

Because they are muslims being smeared.

Here's a suggestion for how to reply to FD the next time he blatantly uses porkies to smear Islam:

"jeez FD, there are so many ways that the truth condemns Islam, why on earth would you make crap up? You just discredit the legitimate case against Islam!"

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 8:11pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:39pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:16pm:

What you need to wonder is why Muslim scholars are not all calling
for a reformation of the Islamic faith?

Giving women equal rights to education would be a nice start.
Getting rid of the death penalty for apostasy would
also go a long way towards a better future.

Because they along with Ayotollahs, Mullahs & Imams are just ignorant, flat earther, radicals who are the problem with Islam globally.

And the stupid part is we allow these people(Imams) to come to Australia as heads of Islamic centres & Mosque leaders in our Muslim communities.

The only Imam(Shi'ite) in Australia to speak out & call for the reform of Islam has been attacked & threatened by other Muslims(Sunnis) here for his views.

The Islamic countries murder people for Apostasy.
Why can't they let people believe in the sky fairy of their choice?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:12pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 7:39pm:

An article, wikipedia, or news, giving just some evidence for the claim that little 8 year olds were routinely shot in the back of the head in an "actively enforced policy" for reading non-Quranic material during Taliban rule. Not of bombs going off in schools during an insurgency over a decade later.

You were very specific FD - little 8 year old girls shot in the back of the head for the crime of reading non-Quranic material. Do you think it ever actually happened? If it did there is presumably evidence. Yet you have none. Now you backpeddle and resort to the vague sweep "The death penalty was official Taliban policy for the crime of educating girls, and applied to both students and teachers". Which is both inadequate for the claim you made, and moreover baseless itself. Oh thats so FD - justify one baseless claim with another completely baseless claim.

Here's one for you - I reckon not a single girl 8 years or younger was ever shot by the taliban regime in Afghanistan for reading non-Quranic material. No doubt you'll start to demand I prove that negative in your usual fashion.

I believe I was quoting from wikipedia in the original discussion and provided links.

Does Malala count?

Are you actually defending the Taliban, or just being pedantic about anatomy?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #26 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 10:23pm

Malala was shot by the Taliban Gandalf.

In the head.

For promoting the education of girls.

The death penalty was official Taliban policy for the crime of educating girls, and applied to both students and teachers.

gandalf,

Nigeria.

Different continent, same religion [i.e. ISLAM], and the followers of that religion.

Q.
And what do those followers of ISLAM in Nigeria call themselves ??????

A.
Boko Haram.

gandalf,

WWW search....
what does Boko Haram mean ?

I'll make it easy for you.....

Quote:

"Boko" is an Hausa word for "western education" while "Haram" is an Arabic word which means "forbidden".

gandalf,

Q.
What do these verses from the Koran, urge upon believers ?

"O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble.....
Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith."
Koran 5.101, 102

"We sent not a messenger, but to be obeyed..........they ['believers'] can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction."
Koran 4.64, 65

"O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger [i.e. the clerics], and make not vain your deeds!"
Koran 47:33

A.
UNQUESTIONING obedience to the precepts and laws of ISLAM.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 4:34am

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 1:01pm:
I'm bored, there's no discussions worth pursuing here any more.

So I resort to reading old threads.

This has to be porky of the year. It is on a par with Frank/Soren's memorable effort with the Portugese 'jihadi' shot by police in Sweden:

in reference to the taliban rule of (most of) Afghanistan - 1996-2001:

freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 6:50pm:
Would you deny that shooting 8 year old girls in the back of the head for the crime of learning to read might cause them to self censor?

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 9:28am:

The Taliban presented every girl over 8 in the regions they controlled with the death penalty for learning to read, and girls under 8 with the death penalty for learning to read anything other than the Quran. It was not an isolated incident, it was an actively enforced policy.

I've been over this before, but its worth repeating I think. The sheer gumption of it.

If anyone recalls, when asked for evidence of this "actively enforced policy" - FD refered me to an article about the taliban bombing schools. After the 1996-2001 rule.

Funny, I never managed to get a single anecdote of an 8 year old being shot in the back of the head by the taliban regime for the crime of reading non-Quranic material. Despite it being a widespread "actively enforced policy" of the taliban.

Where did FD get this from? Bizarre!

Fair's fair, G. FD apologised profusely for this one. He blamed it on a bit of sunstroke he caught when he was fishing.

The old boy did too. He said he was deeply apologetic for any offense caused by his Jihadi remarks. Too much schnapps, I'm afraid, but that's no excuse for poor fibbing. He promised to do better in future.

The old boy calls this intelligence and integrity. If you're caught telling a porkie, own up to it and learn from your mishtake. The truth shall not be a casualty of our own vanity, oh no. This is what makes us superior to the Muselman.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 4:44am

Okay, so he apologised then. He's taken it back now.

But that first apology still counts, okay?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 4:45am

freediver wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
According to Gandalf, that is freedom of speech, Islam style.

How about porkies, FD?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 43
Send Topic Print