Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Has there been a more outrageous porky here? (Read 53766 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Has there been a more outrageous porky here?
Aug 30th, 2019 at 1:01pm

I'm bored, there's no discussions worth pursuing here any more.

So I resort to reading old threads.

This has to be porky of the year. It is on a par with Frank/Soren's memorable effort with the Portugese 'jihadi' shot by police in Sweden:

in reference to the taliban rule of (most of) Afghanistan - 1996-2001:

freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 6:50pm:
Would you deny that shooting 8 year old girls in the back of the head for the crime of learning to read might cause them to self censor?

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 9:28am:

The Taliban presented every girl over 8 in the regions they controlled with the death penalty for learning to read, and girls under 8 with the death penalty for learning to read anything other than the Quran. It was not an isolated incident, it was an actively enforced policy.

I've been over this before, but its worth repeating I think. The sheer gumption of it.

If anyone recalls, when asked for evidence of this "actively enforced policy" - FD refered me to an article about the taliban bombing schools. After the 1996-2001 rule.

Funny, I never managed to get a single anecdote of an 8 year old being shot in the back of the head by the taliban regime for the crime of reading non-Quranic material. Despite it being a widespread "actively enforced policy" of the taliban.

Where did FD get this from? Bizarre!

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Has there been a more outrageous porky here?
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 1:16pm

After a Pakistani boy cut off his own hand following a public accusation of blasphemy, BBC Urdu's Iram Abbasi travelled to his village in Punjab province to find out what happened. She is the first international broadcaster to speak to him. Some readers may find the details that follow disturbing.

"Why should I feel any pain or trouble in cutting off the hand that was raised against the Holy Prophet?"

Those are the words of 15-year-old Qaiser (not his real name) who chopped off his right hand just a few days ago believing he had committed blasphemy.

Many believe fellow villagers started shaming the boy after the local cleric had made the accusation of blasphemy - and that is why Qaiser felt the need to prove his love for the Prophet Muhammad.

On 11 January, Qaiser was attending a celebration of the Prophet's birth at a mosque in his village in north-eastern Punjab.

The cleric hosting it worked the crowd into a fervour and, a few hours into the celebration, called out: "Who among you is a follower of Muhammad?" Everyone raised their hands.

He followed it with another question: "Who among you doesn't believe in the teachings of the Holy Prophet? Raise your hands!"

Qaiser, mishearing, inadvertently raised his hand.

Witnessed by about 100 worshippers, the cleric immediately accused him of blasphemy and the boy returned home to prove his love for the Prophet - by cutting off his own hand.

For a 15-year-old, Qaiser looked exceptionally frail when I met him. But his fight with pain and fear was outweighed by a sense of religious righteousness.

"When I raised my right hand unwittingly, I realised I had committed blasphemy and needed to atone for this," he told the BBC.

It appears it didn't matter to him whether it was a mistake or not - he couldn't live with the shame of the accusation without punishing himself, so had to undo it.

"I came back home and went to the grass-cutting machine, but found the place dark so I took my uncle's phone to point some light at my hand. I placed it under the machine and chopped it off in a single swirl."

Qaiser picked his severed hand up from under the machine and, bleeding profusely, placed it on a tray and took it back to the mosque, less than 100m from his home.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:07pm

The standard deflection/tacit apology for blatant dishonesty - by way of an irrelevant anecdote.

Boy I sure didn't see that coming!!

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:15pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:07pm:
The standard deflection/tacit apology for blatant dishonesty - by way of an irrelevant anecdote.

Boy I sure didn't see that coming!!

OK - on topic:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24379018

One year ago schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen - her "crime", to have spoken up for the right of girls to be educated. The world reacted in horror, but after weeks in intensive care Malala survived. Her full story can now be told.

She is the teenager who marked her 16th birthday with a live address from UN headquarters, is known around the world by her first name alone, and has been lauded by a former British prime minister as "an icon of courage and hope".

I didn't want my future to be imprisoned in my four walls and just cooking and giving birth
    Malala Yousafzai

She is also a Birmingham schoolgirl trying to settle into a new class, worrying about homework and reading lists, missing friends from her old school, and squabbling with her two younger brothers.

She is Malala Yousafzai, whose life was forever changed at age 15 by a Taliban bullet on 9 October 2012.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:25pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
OK - on topic:

nope, sorry Bobby.

Would you like to have another go? hint: the topic is FD's blatant lie that the taliban during their rule had a widespread "actively enforced policy" of shooting 8 year old girls in the back of the head for reading non-Quranic material.

Who knows - maybe you will actually produce some evidence to prove me wrong and FD right? Not hopeful though - I'll stand by for a further barrage of completely irrelevant anecdotes.

Quote:

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:27pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:25pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:15pm:
OK - on topic:

nope, sorry Bobby.

Would you like to have another go? hint: the topic is FD's blatant lie that the taliban during their rule had a widespread "actively enforced policy" of shooting 8 year old girls in the back of the head for reading non-Quranic material.

Who knows - maybe you will actually produce some evidence to prove me wrong and FD right? Not hopeful though - I'll stand by for a further barrage of completely irrelevant anecdotes.

I don't know why you've you're tits in a tangle today?
That was 100% on topic.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:34pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:27pm:
That was 100% on topic.

You'll have to explain that to me Bobby - how a story about a 16 year old getting shot by a Pakistani mob in 2013 somehow relates to what the taliban in Afghanistan did or didn't do to 8 year old girls in the years 1996-2001. I'm sure you'll come up with something creative.

My 'tits are in a tangle' because I made the mistake of going back over FD's mind numbingly stupid posts of the last few months. His inability to construct any sort of coherency in what passes for his 'arguments' is bad enough - but in this case he resorts to out and out lying, for the most sinister of purposes (to demonize muslims). And yes, that pissed me off - again.

Quote:

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:48pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:34pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:27pm:
That was 100% on topic.

You'll have to explain that to me Bobby - how a story about a 16 year old getting shot by a Pakistani mob in 2013 somehow relates to what the taliban in Afghanistan did or didn't do to 8 year old girls in the years 1996-2001. I'm sure you'll come up with something creative.

My 'tits are in a tangle' because I made the mistake of going back over FD's mind numbingly stupid posts of the last few months. His inability to construct any sort of coherency in what passes for his 'arguments' is bad enough - but in this case he resorts to out and out lying, for the most sinister of purposes (to demonize muslims). And yes, that pissed me off - again.

OK Gandalf,
I can't find anything about an 8 year old girl being shot in the head for going to school.

there is this:
https://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power/standing-with-malala-meet-the-teenagers...

Quote:
In 2007, the Taliban arrived in the Swat Valley—known by locals as the “Switzerland of Pakistan” for its natural beauty—and began ordering the closure of schools, particularly for girls. The next year, Malala protested the closures with a speech entitled, “How Dare the Taliban Take Away My Basic Right to Education?” By the end of 2008, the Taliban had banned all schools for girls.

The October 2012 shooting was just one act of terror used to enforce the ban. The Taliban bombed schools, raided houses, and threatened teachers. The girls who kept going feared for their well-being. They hid their schoolbags beneath their clothes and kept books under their beds and burkas just to avoid discovery.

So do want me to declare a win for you against Freediver?
Would it make you feel better?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:58pm

Bobby all those references are post 2001, and therefore irrelevant.

Yes, the taliban banned girls from going to school. This is not the same as having an "actively enforced policy" of shooting 8 year old girls in the back of the head for reading non-Quranic material. Can you understand that? FD literally just make the whole thing up.

Do you agree this is nothing short of an outrageous lie?

What motivation do you think someone would have in making up such an outrageous lie?

Quote:

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:02pm

gandalf,

You are scraping the bottom of the barrel here [OP].

While you yourself, refuse to acknowledge      the inherent evil      which exists within ISLAM,
and an evil, which is given authority, within ISLAM's primary foundation text.

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. "
Koran 9.29

"Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who resist Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred...."
Koran 58.22

"O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong-doers."
Koran 9.23

"....take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends....
......he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them."
Koran 5.51

"Fighting [against disbelievers] is prescribed for you, and [if] ye dislike it.....Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
Koran 2.216

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:...."
Koran 9.111

"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves....."
Koran 48.29

"There is for you an excellent example (to follow) in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people: "We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone"....."
Koran 60:4

and on, and on, and on.....

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1567034069/0#0
Quote:

There will never, ever, be peace in ISLAM.

ISLAM is a philosophy which [in its 'DNA'] promotes division and conflict among men.
....even among those who claim to be moslems.

And this conflict and internecine warfare among moslems can be seen everywhere that communities of moslems have been established.
....even inside secular nations, like Australia.

WWW search....
melbourne mosque fire attack, by sunnis muslims
melbourne men accused of setting fire to shia mosque celebrated
3 sunni muslims imprisoned for firebombing australian shia mosque

Melbourne men accused of setting fire to Shia Mosque celebrated and showed off to their wives, court told

By Karen Percy
April 02, 2019
...."Each of the accused were very proud of their efforts to destroy the mosque and were very keen to examine, read about and to pass on the information about it," Mr Robinson said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-02/three-men-charged-over-2016-fawkner-mosqu...

Suck it up, gandalf.

You chose ISLAM.

You chose to be, a member of that community and that philosophy.

Deal with it.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:05pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:48pm:

I'm trying to get people to change their though processes. That instead of knee-jerkingly apologising for outrageous lies, or deflecting with irrelevant anecdotes, they may join me in calling out these lies for what they are - outrages done for the most contemptible and sinister of purposes.

I'm hoping that people will think to do this - even when the lies align with their personal views about the topic. Its difficult I know, but I think its important.

Lies are the biggest threat to free speech IMO.

Quote:

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:12pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:58pm:
Bobby all those references are post 2001, and therefore irrelevant.

Yes, the taliban banned girls from going to school. This is not the same as having an "actively enforced policy" of shooting 8 year old girls in the back of the head for reading non-Quranic material. Can you understand that? FD literally just make the whole thing up.

Do you agree this is nothing short of an outrageous lie?

What motivation do you think someone would have in making up such an outrageous lie?

OK then - FD made it up but

"The Taliban bombed schools, raided houses, and threatened teachers. "

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:11pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:12pm:
The Taliban bombed schools, raided houses, and threatened teachers

post 2001 and not the same outfit... but yes its true that there is so much horrible stuff that the taliban actually did that can be used to rightly criticism them with.

And yet, FD still wants to use porkies.

Can you think of a reason why he might do that? I'm struggling.

Quote:

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:16pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:11pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:12pm:
The Taliban bombed schools, raided houses, and threatened teachers

post 2001 and not the same outfit... but yes its true that there is so much horrible stuff that the taliban actually did that can be used to rightly criticism them with.

And yet, FD still wants to use porkies.

Can you think of a reason why he might do that? I'm struggling.

What you need to wonder is why Muslim scholars are not all calling
for a reformation of the Islamic faith?
Giving women equal rights to education would be a nice start.
Getting rid of the death penalty for apostasy would
also go a long way towards a better future.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:25pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 4:05pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 3:48pm:

I'm trying to get people to change their though processes. That instead of knee-jerkingly apologising for outrageous lies, or deflecting with irrelevant anecdotes, they may join me in calling out these lies for what they are - outrages done for the most contemptible and sinister of purposes.

I'm hoping that people will think to do this - even when the lies align with their personal views about the topic. Its difficult I know, but I think its important.

Lies are the biggest threat to free speech IMO.

You're more outraged by what FD said than the countless atrocities committed by the Taliban?

Great set of priorities you've got there.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 43
Send Topic Print