Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
East Timor - Australia's non-role in it's liberati (Read 4497 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: East Timor - Australia's non-role in it's liberati
Reply #60 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 9:35am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 4:58pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 7:47am:
Who's debating that, you said first world society. By your own admission, it wasn't by 1815.

You can put together a first-world society within 27 years of inception.

Indeed, when you're getting heaps of help, funding and a military paid for by the home land.  And by 1815 Australia still wasn't first world.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #61 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 10:23am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 9:35am:
Who's debating that, you said first world society. By your own admission, it wasn't by 1815.

Indeed, when you're getting heaps of help, funding and a military paid for by the home land.  And by 1815 Australia still wasn't first world.

If not starving and being able to produce a profitable society is not an example of a first-world society, I don't know what society in the world would be an example.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #62 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 2:33pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 10:23am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 9:35am:

If not starving and being able to produce a profitable society is not an example of a first-world society, I don't know what society in the world would be an example.

Your definition of first world therefore is different then mine.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #63 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 2:33pm

And different from most

The concept of First World originated during the Cold War and included countries that were generally aligned with NATO and opposed to the Soviet Union during the Cold War. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, the definition has instead largely shifted to any country with little political risk and a well functioning democracy, rule of law, capitalist economy, economic stability, and high standard of living. Various ways in which modern First World countries are often determined include GDP, GNP, literacy rates, life expectancy, and the Human Development Index.[1] In common usage, as per Merriam-Webster, "first world" now typically refers to "the highly developed industrialized nations often considered the westernized countries of the world".[2]

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #64 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 2:34pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 9:33am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:41pm:
If your answer is yes, then provide the reference.  Otherwise, stop bullshitting.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You can't disprove something you did not see or hear. It is a valid claim. And if a brief news article about Indonesians wanting to "crush Australia" is not a start, then you are not going to be swayed by something more substantial.

No valid reference?  Equals bullshit as far as I and any other critical reader is concered, UnSub.  Run along there.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #65 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 4:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
If your answer is yes, then provide the reference.  Otherwise, stop bullshitting.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You can't disprove something you did not see or hear. It is a valid claim. And if a brief news article about Indonesians wanting to "crush Australia" is not a start, then you are not going to be swayed by something more substantial.

No valid reference?  Equals bullshit as far as I and any other critical reader is concered, UnSub.  Run along there.   Roll Eyes

*mocking Brian* I want to see evidence that this allegation is not bullshit. Make sure you cite a journal article, news article, website article, etc.

Apparently, I am one up on you, Brian.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 4:43pm

Hehehe, says the clown who thinks his anecdotes count as a reference.  Roll Eyes

What’s that about a critical reader...

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #67 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 5:03pm

Secret Wars wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 4:43pm:

Hehehe, says the clown who thinks his anecdotes count as a reference.  Roll Eyes

What’s that about a critical reader...

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #68 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 5:04pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 4:27pm:

*mocking Brian* I want to see evidence that this allegation is not bullshit. Make sure you cite a journal article, news article, website article, etc.

Apparently, I am one up on you, Brian.

In what way?  Being unable to answer a question about your reference?  Indeed, I'm starting wonder what you're talking about UnSub?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 7:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
I'm starting wonder what you're talking about   Roll Eyes

Look who's talking!! We have been wondering about you in that regard ever since you started here , Bwian.

"Australia's non-role in liberating East Timor"??

You are safely and securely remain OUTA your mind on any topic you start or contribute to, Bwian the Cockwomble. Your role is to come up with the stupid angle everyone else thinks too outlandish - let's wait for Bwian, he'll come up the stupids none of us could imagine.  And sure enough, here you are, once again, gorged full to bursting with the stupids, leaking, reeking, spouting out of you, soiling every thread you splatter onto.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 7:47pm

Frank wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 7:20pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
I'm starting wonder what you're talking about   Roll Eyes

Look who's talking!! We have been wondering about you in that regard ever since you started here , Bwian.

"Australia's non-role in liberating East Timor"??

You are safely and securely remain OUTA your mind on any topic you start or contribute to, Bwian the Cockwomble. Your role is to come up with the stupid angle everyone else thinks too outlandish - let's wait for Bwian, he'll come up the stupids none of us could imagine.  And sure enough, here you are, once again, gorged full to bursting with the stupids, leaking, reeking, spouting out of you, soiling every thread you splatter onto.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Another visit to your favourite mud pit, it seems, Soren. Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #71 - Sep 14th, 2019 at 12:16am

Redacting statements is the reason why people like you, Brian, think that the onus is on others to prove what they saw and heard. The problem for you, Brian, is that you will go on blissfully unaware about the validity of someone's statement. You think there needs to be hard proof for someone's claims to be right. Much like the lawyers who used the Rodney King beating video footage as inadmissible due to the blurriness. Redacting someone's statements, even symbolically, is the basis of your defence. "Tree falling in the woods" logic -- Did not see it. Did not hear it. Did not happen.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #72 - Sep 14th, 2019 at 2:41pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 14th, 2019 at 12:16am:
Redacting statements is the reason why people like you, Brian, think that the onus is on others to prove what they saw and heard. The problem for you, Brian, is that you will go on blissfully unaware about the validity of someone's statement. You think there needs to be hard proof for someone's claims to be right. Much like the lawyers who used the Rodney King beating video footage as inadmissible due to the blurriness. Redacting someone's statements, even symbolically, is the basis of your defence. "Tree falling in the woods" logic -- Did not see it. Did not hear it. Did not happen.

And this has to do with Australian-East Timorese relations, how, UnSub?  It has what to do with Australian-Indonesian relations?  It's relevance to Australian Defence policies is?  Equipment?  Personnel?  Please explain...  as certain red headed politician likes to ask when asked a difficult question... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print