Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
East Timor - Australia's non-role in it's liberati (Read 4494 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: East Timor - Australia's non-role in it's liberati
Reply #45 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:44pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
Looks like a pretty complicated situation. Most of the gas and oil fields sit in Australian waters or their zone of control. So a 50-50 split with Timor is ridiculous. And seeing that Timor doesn't have the ability to suck the oil and gas out do they employ Australian or Indonesian companies to do so. So all those costs of extraction don't fall on the shoulders of Timor. If Timor does employ an Indonesian company to do the drilling can they really be trusted to cooperate and not suck most out for themselves. The most fair scenario would be for Australian companies be in control of the whole operation and give Timor around 20% of the profits. That's my opinion.

Immaterial who they employ to do the work.  The oil and gas has been decreed to belong to Timor Leste, Hammer.  QED.   Roll Eyes
Why is that when the olid fields extend as far south as the same latitude of Darwin? That's rubbish.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #46 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 1:01pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:48pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:44pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
Looks like a pretty complicated situation. Most of the gas and oil fields sit in Australian waters or their zone of control. So a 50-50 split with Timor is ridiculous. And seeing that Timor doesn't have the ability to suck the oil and gas out do they employ Australian or Indonesian companies to do so. So all those costs of extraction don't fall on the shoulders of Timor. If Timor does employ an Indonesian company to do the drilling can they really be trusted to cooperate and not suck most out for themselves. The most fair scenario would be for Australian companies be in control of the whole operation and give Timor around 20% of the profits. That's my opinion.

Immaterial who they employ to do the work.  The oil and gas has been decreed to belong to Timor Leste, Hammer.  QED.   Roll Eyes
Why is that when the olid fields extend as far south as the same latitude of Darwin? That's rubbish.

That is what the Australian Government agreed to.  Take it up with the Department of Foreign Affairs.  This is not the place to debate it.  Defence is about defending what the Government decrees needs defending, Hammer.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #47 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 4:58pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 7:47am:
Who's debating that, you said first world society. By your own admission, it wasn't by 1815.

You can put together a first-world society within 27 years of inception.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #48 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 5:13pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:09pm:
There is no evidence, anywhere that Indonesia seriously considered invading Australia since the formation of Indonesia in 1945.   As you are unable to provide evidence for your assertion, except by innuendo, I think it's a non-starter.   Thank you for your surrender, UnSub.   Roll Eyes

My evidence is that you entertained the allegation.

But, more to the point, you want me to provide video evidence, or perhaps audio evidence that Indonesians have said that they would like to acquire Australia to become part of Indonesia? Hang on, I will go back in time, buy myself a dictaphone, and surreptitiously record the words of that particular Indonesian.

I guess you want to overlook the allegations that the money we Australians pay to Indonesians are also being treated like it is rent money for living on their land.

Riddle me this, Brian. If some thief was going to rob someone for their riches, do you think that they would go on the news and announce it? How do you prove something that is off the record?

Quote:
There is no evidence that the US wants Australia poor.  Indeed, I personally can't believe they do.  Poor people can't buy expensive US goods.  They want us at least moderately well off to afford all their wonderful toys and geegaws.   They don't want us to challenger their world supremacy, that's all.   Roll Eyes

The Americans treat Australians like we are a bunch of rednecks that surf, farm, wrestle crocodiles and work in mines. And that is all we are to them. We can still buy their stupid stuff. But they want us to keep our wages low so that they can buy our resources off us at lowered prices.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 5:19pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 5:13pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:09pm:
There is no evidence, anywhere that Indonesia seriously considered invading Australia since the formation of Indonesia in 1945.   As you are unable to provide evidence for your assertion, except by innuendo, I think it's a non-starter.   Thank you for your surrender, UnSub.   Roll Eyes

My evidence is that you entertained the allegation.

But, more to the point, you want me to provide video evidence, or perhaps audio evidence that Indonesians have said that they would like to acquire Australia to become part of Indonesia?

Nope.  You live to much in the InterWebs.  I want ANY evidence.  It doesn't have to be online.  It just needs to be evidential in nature.  You do understand what evidence is, don't you, UnSub?

Quote:
Quote:
There is no evidence that the US wants Australia poor.  Indeed, I personally can't believe they do.  Poor people can't buy expensive US goods.  They want us at least moderately well off to afford all their wonderful toys and geegaws.   They don't want us to challenge their world supremacy, that's all.   Roll Eyes

The Americans treat Australians like we are a bunch of rednecks that surf, farm, wrestle crocodiles and work in mines. And that is all we are to them. We can still buy their stupid stuff. But they want us to keep our wages low so that they can buy our resources off us at lowered prices.

Wages has little to do with it.  What they want is for the exchange rate to be low - low Australian dollar means for us, greater exports to be sent overseas and cheaper for them.  A high Australian dollar means we lose our advantage - be it for primary exports or for movie making or for anything the Yanks want to buy.   It makes it expensive though, when we want to buy their stuff.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #50 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 5:20pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 4:58pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 7:47am:
Who's debating that, you said first world society. By your own admission, it wasn't by 1815.

You can put together a first-world society within 27 years of inception.

Helps when you are sucking on the homeland's teats though.

Now, go to Alpha Centauri and see if it works as easily or as well.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #51 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 8:04pm

The moment we make interstellar travel possible to get to another habitable planet within 6 months, we can make it happen.

Setting up a first-world society is easy if the travel time is only a week away. But, it becomes really difficult when the journey to the new land is 6 months away.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #52 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 8:08pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 5:19pm:
Nope.  You live to much in the InterWebs.  I want ANY evidence.  It doesn't have to be online.  It just needs to be evidential in nature.  You do understand what evidence is, don't you, UnSub?

Did I just post about a couple hours ago to say that it was verbal? You want me to upload my memories into a databank for your referral?

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 8:25pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 8:08pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 5:19pm:

Did I just post about a couple hours ago to say that it was verbal? You want me to upload my memories into a databank for your referral?

I want a reference that I can check.  It is obvious you don't understand what evidence actually is, do you?   I don't want a verbal reference, I want a written reference - it can be a link - to where the evidence is, so I can check to see it's veracity.  It can be a book, a newspaper article, a journal article, what ever, as long as I can check it.  It is obvious you've never been to university, have you?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #54 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:05pm

Evidence: Proof of something. Validation.

dictionary.com definition of "evidence": noun
that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign:
His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
Law. data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.

You want me to provide you with evidence of something that happened 15 years ago, which was stated to me verbally?

Here is another example of why it is difficult for me to get through to Brian: Nine years ago, I watched the International Space Station orbit directly over Rockhampton. I do not recall the date. It was in May of 2010.

Would you also like me to provide you with evidence that I saw the International Space Station fly in space across the night sky, Brian?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #55 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 8:25pm:
I want a reference that I can check.  It is obvious you don't understand what evidence actually is, do you?   I don't want a verbal reference, I want a written reference - it can be a link - to where the evidence is, so I can check to see it's veracity.  It can be a book, a newspaper article, a journal article, what ever, as long as I can check it.  It is obvious you've never been to university, have you?    Roll Eyes

You want an unpopular statement in international circles that would not be admittedly publicly to be brought to your attention via a medium for your reference? Would you also want an article on the sun being hot? Or rain being wet? I mean, if you don't experience it, how do you know what it is like?

How do you prove that an unrecorded quote actually took place? The person who said it was in his 60s. He is probably quite elderly now. Maybe dead. But you want to see a record of him saying something that normal people would not be so indiscreet about saying in public?

I have also heard Australians saying that they would like to take over Indonesia, if there were not many Indonesians living there, too. Perhaps you want me to find a quote in some journal article of that, too?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #56 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:14pm

https://www.news.com.au/world/indonesians-express-aussie-hatred-with-hashtag-gan...

Quote:
AUSTRALIANS generally like Indonesia and its people. But the feeling is apparently not mutual.

In the face of the spying scandal and Prime Minister's Tony Abbott's reluctance to offer a full upfront apology to Jakarta, ordinary Indonesians are going online to express their anger.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #57 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:38pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:05pm:
Evidence: Proof of something. Validation.

dictionary.com definition of "evidence": noun
that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign:
His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
Law. data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.

You want me to provide you with evidence of something that happened 15 years ago, which was stated to me verbally?

Really?  By whom?  Where?  Your reference is vague at best, UnSub.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #58 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:41pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 9:12pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 8:25pm:

You want an unpopular statement in international circles that would not be admittedly publicly to be brought to your attention via a medium for your reference? Would you also want an article on the sun being hot? Or rain being wet? I mean, if you don't experience it, how do you know what it is like?

How do you prove that an unrecorded quote actually took place? The person who said it was in his 60s. He is probably quite elderly now. Maybe dead. But you want to see a record of him saying something that normal people would not be so indiscreet about saying in public?

I have also heard Australians saying that they would like to take over Indonesia, if there were not many Indonesians living there, too. Perhaps you want me to find a quote in some journal article of that, too?

UnSub, you can claim what you like but without evidence of it's veracity, it remains just you making a claim that I will dismiss ultimately as bullshit.

Now, one last time, do you have any evidence in the form of a reference or a link, to a claim that Indonesia was intent at some point on invading Australia?  YES/NO

If your answer is yes, then provide the reference.  Otherwise, stop bullshitting.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #59 - Sep 13th, 2019 at 9:33am

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 12th, 2019 at 10:41pm:
If your answer is yes, then provide the reference.  Otherwise, stop bullshitting.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You can't disprove something you did not see or hear. It is a valid claim. And if a brief news article about Indonesians wanting to "crush Australia" is not a start, then you are not going to be swayed by something more substantial.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print