Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Here comes the recession (Read 3489 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Here comes the recession
Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2019 at 7:47pm

Valkie wrote on Sep 1st, 2019 at 5:45pm:
Look,
Stop panicking, it will be at least 18 months before it hits

That's when I plan to retire

And I'll be something will f#$k it up, that's just how my life is.

You had better look further than your own patch.

A recession will affect you.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 1:45am

Bam wrote on Sep 1st, 2019 at 7:47pm:
Look,

You had better look further than your own patch.

A recession will affect you.

Yes, but Matty can just blame the leftards, so it's all good.

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #17 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:07am

The economic theory is to prevent the predicted 2020 recession (depression) is to increase immigration for growth...the economy can recover from a recession the country cannot survive unsustainable land growth.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #18 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 8:52am

Look,

Best of luck. The US bond market gave its clearest signal that a recession is on the way. All that talk on yields and two-year Treasury notes were 5.3 basis points higher than those on the 10-year government bond. Normally, it is other way around but seeing this is the age of the F A T orange puke that inversion of the yield curve is regarded as one of the surest indicators that the F A T orange puke is about to plunge the world into cataclysmic darkness.  The inversion as it stands now is at the widest level since March 2007 in the lead-up to the 2008 financial crisis.

So on a global scale,  the negative-yielding debt is now at ~$17 trillion. It's the pace-of-growth for this negative-yielding debt that is so alarming growing by a trillion dollars every week or two. This means that big investors don't believe in putting money into anything that actually creates value anymore. They prefer to hoard their stolen fortunes, and take small losses instead. This financial house-of-cards is already in process ready for collapse, as every bank & major hedge fund group in the world is leveraged to the hilt with worthless capitalism investments listed as assets.

Have a lovely day Smiley

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 9:26am

Marla wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 8:52am:
Look,

Best of luck. The US bond market gave its clearest signal that a recession is on the way. All that talk on yields and two-year Treasury notes were 5.3 basis points higher than those on the 10-year government bond. Normally, it is other way around but seeing this is the age of the F A T orange puke that inversion of the yield curve is regarded as one of the surest indicators that the F A T orange puke is about to plunge the world into cataclysmic darkness.  The inversion as it stands now is at the widest level since March 2007 in the lead-up to the 2008 financial crisis.

So on a global scale,  the negative-yielding debt is now at ~$17 trillion. It's the pace-of-growth for this negative-yielding debt that is so alarming growing by a trillion dollars every week or two. This means that big investors don't believe in putting money into anything that actually creates value anymore. They prefer to hoard their stolen fortunes, and take small losses instead. This financial house-of-cards is already in process ready for collapse, as every bank & major hedge fund group in the world is leveraged to the hilt with worthless capitalism investments listed as assets.

Have a lovely day Smiley

Well one may ask why prior to your "Fat Orange Puke" ever coming to fruition wasn't there something done to those "bankers & hedge fund managers" and some of their big investors in BS "derivatives" that lead to the 2007/2008 GFC?

All allowed to grow & fester under the succesive watches of-

George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Barack Obama

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #20 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 11:28am

Pedro Curevo wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:07am:
The economic theory is to prevent the predicted 2020 recession (depression) is to increase immigration for growth...the economy can recover from a recession the country cannot survive unsustainable land growth.

What the hell is 'unsustainable land growth'?  we're growing land now?

You mean 'unsustainable population growth"?

An economy founded on unsafe shifting sands such as 'population growth' is not sustainable... an economy needs to be well founded within itself, and the importation of problems will only generate higher costs for non-productive things.... crime which may pay but does not pay its way, and the costs of pursuing it etc ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #21 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 11:37am

Gnads wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 9:26am:
Well one may ask why prior to your "Fat Orange Puke" ever coming to fruition wasn't there something done to those "bankers & hedge fund managers" and some of their big investors in BS "derivatives" that lead to the 2007/2008 GFC?

All allowed to grow & fester under the succesive watches of-

George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Barack Obama

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

The F A T orange puke was going to "fix"this because he's the only one who knows how to fix things - according to him.

The rest you mentioned are all capitalist so what's your point?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 8:11am

And your only electoral choices.

Why bitch about Trump when all you do is elect Rep, Dem, Rep, Dem?

All of whom are tarred with the same brush who employ the same bureaucrats with vested interests & answer to the same behind the scene masters.

You call him the "fat orange puke" ..... but he wouldn't even be there if it weren't for the "evil slimey crone Kilary".

People had had a gutful of her & her husbands lying & their dodgy business dealings & corruption.

As to them all being capitalists so"what's my point"?

What's the alternative? and what politicians do you have in the picture that isn't a wealthy capitalist?

And don't say Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez  Grin

or Ilhan Abdullahi Omar & Rashida Harbi Tlaib.   Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 8:49am

Here's how clever Cortez is ....  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:39am

Gnads wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 8:49am:

And these people want positions of POWER....bwahahahahaha.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 7:09pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 8:49am:

she's just trying to attract trump voters Cool

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 3:46pm

Australia's economy has just slowed to a decade low
Quote:
Key points:
* Australia's economy has posted its equal slowest annual growth since the year 2000
* The economy grew 0.5pc in the three months to June 30 and 1.4pc over the year
* The ABS data show that government consumption and trade drove growth, while inventories and business investment dragged

Australia's economy has slowed to its most sluggish pace since 2009, when the GFC slammed the brakes on GDP growth.

In seasonally adjusted terms, GDP expanded by 0.5 per cent over the June quarter, or 1.4 per cent for the year — equal to the worst annual growth recorded in the aftermath of the global financial crisis in the September quarter of 2009.

You have to go back to the period after the GST was introduced in the year 2000 to find a worse result.

It is the fourth consecutive sluggish quarterly GDP outcome, dragged down in particular by weak spending growth in the household sector.

Household spending was subdued, growing by just 0.4 per cent over the quarter, while housing investment was a substantial drag on the economy, falling 4.4 per cent.

Net exports added an outsized 0.6 percentage points to GDP over the quarter, while public sector spending was a solid contributor largely thanks to higher spending in disability, health and aged care services.

While the result was in line with market expectations, it fell well short of the Reserve Bank's forecast of 1.8 per cent growth.

Read the rest of the article for the responses to the figures.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 4th, 2019 at 4:15pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 8:11am:
And your only electoral choices.

Why bitch about Trump when all you do is elect Rep, Dem, Rep, Dem?

All of whom are tarred with the same brush who employ the same bureaucrats with vested interests & answer to the same behind the scene masters.

You call him the "fat orange puke" ..... but he wouldn't even be there if it weren't for the "evil slimey crone Kilary".

People had had a gutful of her & her husbands lying & their dodgy business dealings & corruption.

Really?

Then how do you explain the fact that more people voted for Clinton than Trump?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 11:30am

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Sep 11th, 2019 at 1:25pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print