Send Topic Print
Trolling? (Read 5506 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Trolling?
Aug 28th, 2019 at 2:39pm

If someone keeps following another poster around in every thread they post in, attacking them and not even bothering to comment on the thread topic, surely that falls foul of the "Personal Criticism" rule,

Quote:
Personal criticism
Do not post personal criticism of other members. Do not respond to personal criticism of yourself or other members. This is the biggest problem on OzPolitic. Too many members are easily baited into off-topic personal exchanges. If you participate in any kind of flame war you will be suspended, regardless of who started it or who you think ‘deserved it’.

I will admit, the constant bombardment has meant that I have been responding to it, I know I shouldn't, but I'm happy to cop whatever punishment I've earnt from that if it means it stops from those attacking me.

Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Trolling?
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2019 at 3:52pm

Start posting examples and it will be apparent very quickly that there's a certain poster that needs to be banned. Permanently.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 3:13pm

It should come as no surprise that it's Juliar, and as for example, it's practically every thread he posts in.

He targets certain users over and over following them around and not bothering to talk about the topic of the thread but just attacking them instead.

An example is here,

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1566973138/

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 3:59pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 3:13pm:
It should come as no surprise that it's Juliar, and as for example, it's practically every thread he posts in.

He targets certain users over and over following them around and not bothering to talk about the topic of the thread but just attacking them instead.

An example is here,

For more examples:

1. Click this link: View Profile - juliar
2. Scroll to the bottom, change "Show the last 5 posts" to "Show the last 25 Posts" and click "GO!".

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 4:30pm

Bam wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 3:59pm:

An example is here,

For more examples:

2. Scroll to the bottom, change "Show the last 5 posts" to "Show the last 25 Posts" and click "GO!".

That idiot should have been given the proverbial boot years ago!

Cut and paste propaganda is all it posts!

Angry

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:23am

Redmond Neck wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 4:30pm:
Bam wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 3:59pm:

An example is here,

For more examples:

That idiot should have been given the proverbial boot years ago!

Cut and paste propaganda is all it posts!

Angry

It's just a communist in denial, try not to feed the troll...

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:24am

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 28th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
If someone keeps following another poster around in every thread they post in, attacking them and not even bothering to comment on the thread topic, surely that falls foul of the "Personal Criticism" rule,

Quote:
Personal criticism
Do not post personal criticism of other members. Do not respond to personal criticism of yourself or other members. This is the biggest problem on OzPolitic. Too many members are easily baited into off-topic personal exchanges. If you participate in any kind of flame war you will be suspended, regardless of who started it or who you think ‘deserved it’.

I will admit, the constant bombardment has meant that I have been responding to it, I know I shouldn't, but I'm happy to cop whatever punishment I've earnt from that if it means it stops from those attacking me.

Any thoughts?

Juliar is the poster child for abuse of Centerlink...

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 2:16pm

I'm just going to try and ignore him since it doesn't seem like anything else can be done.  I guess those rules were just the default for the forum software or something.  Thanks ya'll.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 12:16pm

I'll post some recent examples here. Most of these posts do not make any meaningful contribution to the discussion but are mostly personal attacks.

I have posted excerpts from juliar's last 25 posts to highlight the personal attacks. 16 posts out of the last 25 have personal attacks of some kind, 15 of them directed at individual posters. These are posted over a time span of 23 hours - less than a day.

The posts have been trimmed for brevity. Click links where posts have been marked as snipped to see the posts in full.

When will the moderators do something about this flagrant abuse?

juliar wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 1:10am:
Totally outclassed and outwitted the slow witted loony Greeny Scunge just emits some more smelly ignorance pollution in a methane cloud.

(snip)

juliar wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 1:01am:
Why are the Lefties so interested in RESTARTING the BOATS ?

Is this some garbage they are getting indoctrinated with at the GetUp! Hillsong Revivalist Indoctrination Meetings ?  Sounds like it.

Bammy has kittens every time the TRUTH about Labor's treasonous treachery is revealed. Is he a member of GetUp! ?

juliar wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 12:38am:
Cods has tripped Mr Smith up.

(snip)

juliar wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 12:34am:
DNA flies into standard Lefty deny mode. Is DNA a member of GetUp! ? Sounds like it.

(snip)

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:54pm:
Greggy, stop lying because you are embarrassing yourself.

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:40pm:
Silly old Gweggy is embarrassing himself again as he doesn't have a clue about the Topic.   He is just repeating the rubbish he hears at the GetUp! SingSong revival meetings.

(snip)

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:35pm:
The burning question is, Why are the Lefties so concerned about bringing country shopping Illegal Invaders into Australia ?

(snip)

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:21pm:
Now this is pure waste of space union propaganda rubbish from the dreary propaganda waste of space parrot BlackDay.

(snip)

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:14pm:
I am NOT replying to Skippy the Greeny Kangyroo.

(snip)

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:07pm:
The silly old dreary boring Union propaganda parrot BlackDay takes time off for a squawk to waste some more space with silly rubbish.

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 6:01pm:
Aqua,

Blackday is just a parrot squawking union and GetUp! propaganda without understanding a word of the silly rubbish he squawks.

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 5:58pm:
What a load of garbage from the dreary boring union propaganda parrot BlackDay who is a waste of space wasting space with piffle.

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 5:54pm:
Gweggy tops the dumb steaks!!!!

(snip)

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 5:52pm:
The smell of the ignorance emitting from the sick Greeny Scunge is overpowering. even for a dumb Greeny she is a failure.

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 1:43pm:
The boring dreary Greeny scunge is emitting smelly ignorance pollution in great quantities. Scunge emits more methane than carbon dioxide.

juliar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2019 at 1:41pm:
The dreary Greeny scunge is emitting smelly ignorance pollution in great quantities.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:36am

I've been doing my best to ignore it, I shouldn't have to but whatever.  Welcome to the Internet, welcome to ozpolitic.

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2019 at 10:14am

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 7th, 2019 at 8:36am:
I've been doing my best to ignore it, I shouldn't have to but whatever.  Welcome to the Internet, welcome to ozpolitic.

It's just doing what its paid for, spreading bullshit throughout the internet...

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:16pm

When will the moderators act? They must be aware by now of this poster's rampant misconduct and wilful disregard for the rules.

Here are more examples of personal attacks from that poster's last 25 posts:

juliar wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:49pm:
And the loony creepy Greeny Scunge is emitting smelly ignorance pollution again. Such flatulence!!!

juliar wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:43pm:
Bobby is futilely trying to vanquish the mighty croc whose endless boundless knowledge overshadows us all.

juliar wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:39pm:
The loony LarfTillUFart is glowing with her obsession with crude disgusting profanity. When will she get suspended ?

juliar wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 3:23pm:
Strangled by fear poor Bammy utters a muffled cry for help!!!  Can't GetUp! offer the poor distraught soul some support ?

juliar wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 2:58pm:
The Lefties shall rule the swamp!!!!

juliar wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:15pm:
The very slow dull dreary full of fake news BlackDay is struggling to understand why he fell off his perch.

juliar wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
Grenny LarfTillUFart is just so dreary and boring. She is hardly worth winding up. She is no challenge. Classic Greeny - dumb and ignorant.

juliar wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 2:58pm:
How do they breed sad creatures like LarfTillUFart ? 

juliar wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
Skippy the Greeny Kangyroo is trying to sound intelligent. Didn't work.

juliar wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 2:37pm:
Is LarfTillUFart gay and Greeny ? Sounds like it. Obsessed with crude profanity.

This time, none of these posts have been trimmed or edited.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #12 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:21pm

They don't even address the topic, just attack people who posted in the thread and didn't support whatever aligns with his opinions.

It passed a mere annoyance a long time ago.  I'm just glad he hasn't figured out how to PM.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 7:54pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:21pm:
They don't even address the topic, just attack people who posted in the thread and didn't support whatever aligns with his opinions.

It passed a mere annoyance a long time ago.  I'm just glad he hasn't figured out how to PM.

I get better abuse than that. Ignore the pustulant pest poster from the puerile prepubescent libs. I have them "following me around" whatever that means on a forum.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:22am

Just to clear the air with some FACTS.

It was Skippy the Greeny Kangyroo who attacked me without warning in the first instance.

So I simply put her back in her place. And she resents this strongly being obviously not used to the give and take of vigorous posting.

It is rather absurd for the rather nasty Bammy to criticize anyone.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print