Send Topic Print
Hockey Stick Broken. (Read 4406 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Hockey Stick Broken.
Reply #60 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 3:54pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 2:18pm:
So then why are you posting that this is evidence of no consensus, when clearly the article doesn't say that at all.

Funny isn't it. The claim is for 100% of scientists by Oreskes and NASA.

But her later paper puts the lie to that. Pointing out that only 24.8% of papers said that. And of course papers does not equal climate scientists.

And of course the same applies to Cook et al paper, where 97% of climate scientists is claimed. 32.6% of abstracts is not climate scientists.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #61 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 4:39pm

lee wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 3:54pm:
And of course the same applies to Cook et al paper, where 97% of climate scientists is claimed. 32.6% of abstracts is not climate scientists.

And of course, as I have already pointed out to you, to try and classify abstracts with no position on human induced climate change to be against human induced climate change is deceitful at best and lying at worst.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 6:06pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 4:39pm:
And of course, as I have already pointed out to you, to try and classify abstracts with no position on human induced climate change to be against human induced climate change is deceitful at best and lying at worst.

No petal. No position is no position. That is neither for nor against. And I haven't tried to classify them as such.

You did notice that I didn't say that x% said that AGW didn't exist?

So the figures are -

No Position - 66.4%

Endorsed AGW - 32.6%

Rejected AGW 0.7%

Uncertain 0.3%

And from Cook et al

"Among abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming."

Now "expressing an opinion"  is either for or against. "Uncertain" doesn't represent a "position".

So you have mendaciously asserted I have said something.

Of course perhaps all those that didn't state a position were for. But the onus would be on you to prove such. Cook et al certainly didn't.

And again that was only ABSTRACTS. NOT "Climate Scientists". You do understand the difference don't you?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #63 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 6:13pm

lee wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 1:13pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 1:11pm:
lee wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 1:08pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 1:04pm:
You seem reluctant to actually say anything of import. Just saying...

Where will you retreat to next?

Poor fd seeing retreat whenever there is advance. It must be your own.

You didn't understand multiple studies support global MWP? Wink

So that would be a retreat to idiocy?

Seeing as it is your retreat you get the say. Wink

Is there something you want you actually say Lee? About the topic perhaps? If you stretch yourself you could make a whole sentence out of it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 6:14pm

freediver wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 6:13pm:
Is there something you want you actually say Lee? About the topic perhaps? If you stretch yourself you could make a whole sentence out of it.

You are doing quite well on your own  petal. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 6:17pm

The OP is BS, and despite fervent posting, the denialists have been unable to improve on it.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 6:26pm

SerialBrain9 wrote on Aug 27th, 2019 at 4:47pm:
Quote:
Scientist” Michael Mann Loses in Court, Forced to Pay Court Costs — Global Warming Hoax Hit Hardest

Back in 2009, “Climategate” was a massive scandal with leaked documents revealing the climate change scam to be what it is,

Christopher Booker of the Telegraph back in 2009 slammed the climate alarmists behind the claims of global warming that was proving to be non-existent.

Dr. Michael Mann, the scientist that co-authored a famous graph of temperature trends known as the “hockey stick graph” was implicated in the 2009 global warming email scandal

This same Dr. Michael Mann, in 2012, sued the National Review and Competitive Enterprise Institute over their critique of his work regarding the climate change hoax. Mann even posted to his Facebook page about the lawsuit.

He featured a link to his attorney’s website just below the above opening statement.

In 2017, Dr. Michael “Hockey Stick” Mann committed contempt of court in what was dubbed the “climate science trial of the century”.

Dr. Mann defied the judge presiding over the case and refused to surrender his data for “open court examination”. This is routine practice for scientific study to determine if the results will stand up against examination.  But Dr. Mann refused to turn over his data.

Principia Scientific noted the following:

“Only possible outcome: Mann’s humiliation, defeat and likely criminal investigation in the U.S.”

79-year-old Canadian climatologist Dr. Tim Ball is the defendant in the libel trial and told his attorneys to “trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions, including a ruling that Mann did act with criminal intent when using public funds to commit climate data fraud”.

even back in 2017 scientists knew the defeat of Dr. Mann would only vindicate President Donald Trump in his claims that climate change is a hoax. The graph below from Principia Scientific shows “Mann’s cherry-picked version of science [that] makes the Medieval Warm Period (MWP) disappear and shows a pronounced upward ’tick’ in the late 20th century” – this is the blade of Mann’s now infamous “hockey stick”.

Below Mann’s graph is Ball’s, which uses much more reliable and easily attainable public data, which accurately shows a significantly warmer Medieval Warm Period with temperatures that are drastically hotter than the modern day’s.

Last week the court case against Dr. Tim Ball was decided by the Supreme Court of British Columbia, with Mann’s case thrown out, and him ordered to pay the defendant’s legal costs, no doubt a tidy sum of money.

Boom!

I always say that everything moves in Tides and I can relate to the lower Graph as the more accurate.
We have Ice Ages.
We have Fire Ages.
We have High Tides.
We have Low Tides.

One Member showed a graph of the Temperatures over a span of millions of years and 'Humanity' since the time of primitive Hominids and far earlier - have been in a Greater Ice Age of below average temperature.
Our Global Temperature even now does not get close to the 'Eon Average' of being warmer.

The biggest Scam of all is that the DARK SIDE of SCIENCE is now emerging and revealing itself like a Sith Lord to try and convince the World that it is the fault of Man (sinner!) and that something must be done to stop the Warming!
Of course - 'Science' (The Force) will get paid to 'save us' from this catastrophe!  Roll Eyes They will attain the 'Power' over the Planet to fight 'nature' (Jedi) and manipulate the World's Weather and Environment to their own desire.  Angry

DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE (SITH)

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #67 - Aug 29th, 2019 at 8:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 27th, 2019 at 5:35pm:
Err, your two graphs are measuring different things.  Mann's is talking about, "Temperature anomaly relative to 1960-1990" compared to the 20th century and Ball's is talking about, "Climate Changes in Europe over the last 2000 years".   You are comparing apples with oranges.  Naughty, naughty!   Roll Eyes

I wonder why no one has replied to this?   Does Cereal Brain just want reality to disappear in his conspiranut beliefs?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #68 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:33am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 29th, 2019 at 2:18pm:
So then why are you posting that this is evidence of no consensus, when clearly the article doesn't say that at all.

Funny isn't it. The claim is for 100% of scientists by Oreskes and NASA.

But her later paper puts the lie to that. Pointing out that only 24.8% of papers said that. And of course papers does not equal climate scientists.

As the Oreskes article pointed out, they were taking no position, because the articles didn't warrant taking a position.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #69 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 11:54am

It's complete BS, just like all the other crap the denialists are desperate to believe.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #70 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 1:33pm

freediver wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 11:54am:

It's complete BS, just like all the other crap the denialists are desperate to believe.

What type of denialist?
There are 2 types:

Global warming and global cooling denialists.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 2:42pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 9:33am:
As the Oreskes article pointed out, they were taking no position, because the articles didn't warrant taking a position.

That must be why NASA claims it as one of the 97% paper. Wink

Quote:
Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Now IF you click on the asterisk (*) after the highlighted section, it takes you to those papers that meet or exceed 97%, in their opinion.

It is in the list under Reference 1.

So tell us again - Why does NASA do that? Don't they have the wherewithal to read and analyse the papers they are referencing?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 2:44pm

Another who can't read plain English. Where a paper is for or against it must somehow be "for". Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #73 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:47pm

lee wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 2:44pm:

Another who can't read plain English. Where a paper is for or against it must somehow be "for". Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

What are you trying to say Lee? You could at least try to make sense.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Aug 30th, 2019 at 6:01pm

freediver wrote on Aug 30th, 2019 at 5:47pm:
You could at least try to make sense.

That would be completely lost on you. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print