Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Gandalf, why. . . (Read 1486 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Gandalf, why. . .
Aug 23rd, 2019 at 2:31pm

I read somewhere, can’t remember which board let alone thread, that you said you turned Muslim because you found the concept of the holy trinity absurd.

All religion is absurd! They all preach of people in the sky promising eternal life or whatever nonsense.

So, why did you not just go atheist?

I know this is personal but you did say why you gave away christianity (could have become a Unitarian, LOL.)

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Re: Gandalf, why. . .
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 4:15pm

Don't you have your own forum to go to drunk?

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 4:23pm

Its a fair question.

Probably because its the religion of peace and the most  feminist religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 4:54pm

Johnnie wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 4:23pm:

Probably because its the religion of peace and the most  feminist religion.

It is because the 'sense of community' ['belonging' together] is strong.

That is my guess.

But ISLAM does seem to strongly attract a certain personality type though.

Jovial Monk,      i can't see gandalf giving you/us any satisfactory reason why.

And he has committed himself to ISLAM, now.

And therefore, the original reason he did, is of no real consequence [to gandalf], now.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 5:18pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 2:31pm:
I read somewhere, can’t remember which board let alone thread, that you said you turned Muslim because you found the concept of the holy trinity absurd.

All religion is absurd! They all preach of people in the sky promising eternal life or whatever nonsense.

I know this is personal but you did say why you gave away christianity (could have become a Unitarian, LOL.)

Saying all religion is absurd is a bit of a cop out. As an atheist I define religion as nothing more than a set of ideas, rules and customs. Therefore, each religion must be judged on it's merits and very importantly, how it's practiced in real life.

Islam is the last of the  Abrahamic religions and it included things that would ensure it grew faster and prevented people leaving the religion.

Also of the 3, Islam is the most life encompassing.

So the question is, why would someone from a modern democratic country choose a set of rules and customs devised in the bronze age and set in stone with tripwires that prevent it from ever modernising ?

IBI

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 5:24pm

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 5:41pm

He shopped around for a religion that allows men to dominate any women that come into their lives. Gandalf has a need to dominate and to feel he is above people of infidel status. It's not surprising he chose Islam, it gave him permission to feel superior. He claims to be a moderate polite muslim but he views the deaths of innocent people killed by muslims as just statistics, without being apologetic for his cold muslim heart

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 6:10pm

So many people called Gandalf.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 6:12pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 6:10pm:

If you didn't want an open discussion you should have PMd him.

IBI

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:32pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 6:10pm:

JM,

Trust me, gandalf will not reply to any Q. which he    deems    to be either 'inappropriate' or an insult to ISLAM.

Why do you think, that he has changed his 'handle', from gandalf to, polite_gandalf.

Yes, gandalf is indeed a polite fellow.

But, he is still a follower of ISLAM.

[i.e.    polite_gandalf     IS NOT     prepared to speak frankly, about mainstream ISLAM, and about what mainstream ISLAM promotes in the world.]

JM,

You are damned fortunate, to have all of us, imagining what gandalf's response would/could have been, for you !!!        Tongue         Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:46pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 5:18pm:

Saying all religion is absurd is a bit of a cop out. As an atheist I define religion as nothing more than a set of ideas, rules and customs. Therefore, each religion must be judged on it's merits and very importantly, how it's practiced in real life.

Quite so.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:49pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 5:41pm:
He shopped around for a religion that allows men to dominate any women that come into their lives. Gandalf has a need to dominate and to feel he is above people of infidel status. It's not surprising he chose Islam, it gave him permission to feel superior. He claims to be a moderate polite muslim but he views the deaths of innocent people killed by muslims as just statistics, without being apologetic for his cold muslim heart

G is superior, Bias.

You?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 2:13pm

Looking at the spiritual side of things, gandi put himself between a rock and a hard place

islam is based on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit the Messiah and the Trinity.

Judeo / Christian belief is, sins can be pardoned, if men earnestly repent and seek it.

There is one single sin only, which can never be forgiven.

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Matthew 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

So spiritually speaking gandi knowingly committed the one sin that can never be pardoned.

His quandary is, what does he do now, keep lying to himself and others that islam is perfection for his soul, admit it's 7th century depravity knowing that he shut the door behind himself?

Oh well the world will keep on turning, it will all play out in the end.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 5:26pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:46pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 5:18pm:

Quite so.

It's practiced with Allahu Akhbar followed by violent jihad.  Islamic piety in action.

https://twitter.com/W_Alhusseini/status/1163925074266771456

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 8:09pm

Islam is going through it's holy inquisition stage.

It will need a reformation as happened in the Christian church so that it becomes updated & modern.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print