Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Aust builds crap Apartments (Read 1034 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Aust builds crap Apartments
Aug 22nd, 2019 at 12:11am

Anyone catch 4 Corners just now?

This country has been infested by a disease of Shonky Builders, Architects and Developers that are already building an increase in number of over 140,000 new Apartments across the country.
They don't have to be insured and the only way to get compensation out of them is through a Lawsuit and there's only a 30% success rate there.
Only Queensland has the Laws to make 'them' (and the Products used) accountable.

Who is to blame?
Is it the Government Laws where Certifiers only check 5% of everything they should and are on site only 5% of the time?
Is is the Shonky Workmanship of the Builders and Developers?
Is it the cost-cutting Architect taking his own cut?

Should we just face it. Australia (Men) are crap at Building Cities like they play Sport.  Roll Eyes
Maybe Farmers will stop whinging and spare a thought for the people of the Cities whose homes are falling down or going up in flames like an ever increasing catastrophe.
Many are literally made homeless after seeing their life's savings fall apart in a now condemned home.

What's really disgusting about this is that these Cities of Australia are one of the most EXPENSIVE places to live on the planet.
In Australia - the more crappier it is, the more expensive it is. It's like doing trade with China.  Roll Eyes

This is why I left Sydney, this is why I left the Construction Industry and this is why I laughed when I saw my former Foreman get the fright of his life when the Inspectors came.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Aust builds crap Apartments
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:37am

Houses in Australia are generally crap. Perhaps only in the last 20 years have we seen building standards improve.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:44am

Not entirely. The Fibros were pretty crap, but the majority of Older Homes were of good long lasting quality and great style of freedom unlike living in a Unit of today. Even the Wealthy are getting stung when even get shotty jobs done for them.

The Block and My House Rules are a load of crap Amateurs building Houses.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:53am

2020 should see me start to do my own renovations on my home (not that I own the house at all). I have to seek permission from my relatives to do so, first. Across the road from me, the house got renovated by professionals. It went from being an obvious drug-dealer house to a home where it looks like a respectable family has moved in.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:58am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:53am:
2020 should see me start to do my own renovations on my home (not that I own the house at all). I have to seek permission from my relatives to do so, first. Across the road from me, the house got renovated by professionals. It went from being an obvious drug-dealer house to a home where it looks like a respectable family has moved in.

See. I bet those who choose a Criminal Existence actually get richer than those who are Law Abiding.
(Because the Law Abiding follow Britain, while the Criminal follows America?)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 6:02am

Jasin wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 12:11am:

This country has been infested by a disease of Shonky Builders, Architects and Developers that are already building an increase in number of over 140,000 new Apartments across the country.
They don't have to be insured and the only way to get compensation out of them is through a Lawsuit and there's only a 30% success rate there.
Only Queensland has the Laws to make 'them' (and the Products used) accountable.

Who is to blame?
Is it the Government Laws where Certifiers only check 5% of everything they should and are on site only 5% of the time?

Should we just face it. Australia (Men) are crap at Building Cities like they play Sport.  Roll Eyes
Maybe Farmers will stop whinging and spare a thought for the people of the Cities whose homes are falling down or going up in flames like an ever increasing catastrophe.
Many are literally made homeless after seeing their life's savings fall apart in a now condemned home.

What's really disgusting about this is that these Cities of Australia are one of the most EXPENSIVE places to live on the planet.
In Australia - the more crappier it is, the more expensive it is. It's like doing trade with China.  Roll Eyes

This is why I left Sydney, this is why I left the Construction Industry and this is why I laughed when I saw my former Foreman get the fright of his life when the Inspectors came.  Grin

I watched the 4 Corners show.
It's a scandal and I feel so sorry for the people who've
lost their life savings through no fault of their own.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:17am

Who is to blame?

And you've never seen the buildings that collapse or burn throughout asia & central europes 3rd world countries?

In comparison we build far better.

This problem has come about through allowing $2 companies to set up & self regulate on building standards & safety procedures.

Then there's the greed aspect .... it's a global condition.

I'd suggest if you're not happy here you leave.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 4:36pm

New homes in those battery hen estates are definitely shonky.
Construction sites are just push push push...so corners get cut all the time.

I will say though that the tier 1 builders have a better finish standard than the tier 2 and 3 gronks. Yes they still have adjustments etc....but the finish is that of a regular standard.
Some of the others I've seen....particularly on the gold coast and outer Brisbane burbs.....hmmmmmm.
I think you're an idiot if you buy off the plan anyway....but that is just me.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 6:19pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:58am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:53am:

See. I bet those who choose a Criminal Existence actually get richer than those who are Law Abiding.
(Because the Law Abiding follow Britain, while the Criminal follows America?)

I am sure that the last lot and the lot before them were doing quite well. But, the place was a dump. The new residents seem to be quite well off.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #9 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:16pm

In the US you pay for a nice new house what we pay for a shed.

They get mansions for what we buy a house for, England is much the same.

Its all because our grubberment is so deep in the housing market that they just want more and more profit.
Look at it this way.
Nearly every politician is knee deep in property, they aint gonna let the market slide when they have so much money invested.
Most of the crooked senior public servants also have substantial property portfolios.

The banks, who pay the bribes to the various grubberment departments, don't want to lose money.

We is, to coin the phrase, screwed.
By Banks, Investment brokers, the grubberment and real estate agents.

We is neva gonna win.......evva

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 8:50pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:17am:

Who is to blame?

And you've never seen the buildings that collapse or burn throughout asia & central europes 3rd world countries?

In comparison we build far better.

This problem has come about through allowing $2 companies to set up & self regulate on building standards & safety procedures.

Then there's the greed aspect .... it's a global condition.

I'd suggest if you're not happy here you leave.

Ahh - but they don't pay an over-inflated price for them either. Sydney is built on the cheap but sold on the 'expensive'.  Roll Eyes Over-Priced peice of crap is Sydney.
Oh look - more 'chaos' in Sydney today as more of it is falling apart. Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 8:59pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:16pm:

They get mansions for what we buy a house for, England is much the same.

Its all because our grubberment is so deep in the housing market that they just want more and more profit.
Look at it this way.
Nearly every politician is knee deep in property, they aint gonna let the market slide when they have so much money invested.
Most of the crooked senior public servants also have substantial property portfolios.

The banks, who pay the bribes to the various grubberment departments, don't want to lose money.

We is, to coin the phrase, screwed.
By Banks, Investment brokers, the grubberment and real estate agents.

We is neva gonna win.......evva

You're right.
They build these pissy-little narrow street suburbs with no infrasructure besides a Servo and a Shopping Centre (all construction of suburbs are proudly 'supported' by Woolworths, Aldi, Coles - nothing like a self-sufficient revenue). Terrible Hong-Kong like slum High-Rises with no ability to provide 'total' parking for all.
People have to pay $500,000+ for 'modern houses' because apparently they are made better than houses of many decades back.  Roll Eyes
Americans and Poms get their 'crap' Housing for 'cheap' and the good for expensive. They are orthodox in their Property Market. Here in Australia - everything modern is crap and people have to pay a fortune above and beyond any sensible inflation rate.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:38pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:16pm:

In the USA, they have houses the size of what we would call large sheds. In fact, they had a fascination with the Unabomber homes. Ones the size of a large loungeroom and kitchen where they could house a person or two for these dirt cheap prices. Of course, they did link up electricity, so not to be too literally Ted Kaczynski-like.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 6:17am

Yes - our Third world Shawn Key constructions are one of the drawing points for Third Worlders - they can fit right in and feel right at home moving straight into an edifice that might crack and tumble, and will definitely crack and tumble in any earth movement....  those from Eastern Europe, Turkey, India etc can feel at home waiting for the building to crash, and they know not to touch the concrete walls since they will leave big scrape marks in them .....

Did anyone ever tell these 'engineers' that building on landfill has hazards?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 6:23am

Jasin wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 8:59pm:
You're right.
They build these pissy-little narrow street suburbs with no infrasructure besides a Servo and a Shopping Centre (all construction of suburbs are proudly 'supported' by Woolworths, Aldi, Coles - nothing like a self-sufficient revenue). Terrible Hong-Kong like slum High-Rises with no ability to provide 'total' parking for all.
People have to pay $500,000+ for 'modern houses' because apparently they are made better than houses of many decades back.  Roll Eyes
Americans and Poms get their 'crap' Housing for 'cheap' and the good for expensive. They are orthodox in their Property Market. Here in Australia - everything modern is crap and people have to pay a fortune above and beyond any sensible inflation rate.  Roll Eyes

Not so bad - wait until we abolish minimum wage, then everyone can rent in company housing if they have a 'job', buy at the company store, have the boss set their wage rates so they don't have to carry the burden of negotiation etc, and workers can develop generational debt by paying.. PAYING mill owner for food and lodging so they can come to work!!  Won't even need transport!!  And mill owner will build the local - the Pox and Flounder - and rake in any discretionary... society future perfect!!

Those without a 'job' will be able to laze back on the beaches and by the river banks and wait for their welfare payment of two Faroffistani drachmae a fortnight.......  enough to buy the skin off a cold cup of coffee.... or get by being highwaymen and footpads....

Australia is OPEN for business - just not for anything else!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print