Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Another Farmer whinge (Read 1409 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Another Farmer whinge
Aug 21st, 2019 at 10:46pm

Farmers are once again asking for $$$ donations, Farm Aid Packages, etc.

All because they have stuffed the land up, cut down all the trees, turned fertile grasslands into compacted dustlands with hoofed animals and drained all the now dirty waterways. Too 'Aussie & Superior' to try alternative methods or even old methods tried and proven over thousands of years.

Nah - f*uck em!  Angry

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Another Farmer whinge
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 10:52pm

These days every time a westerly blows my car gets covered in red dust because of all the erosion. That never used to happen.

Won't somebody think about the Eastern Suburbs SUV owners?

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 10:57pm

Didn't you just like that
Red Mars
Sydney Dust Storm?
What about that Melbourne one from the Mallee decades ago.

I doubt very much the Aboriginals had anything like that when they ran the 'Land' show.
Idiots even think they just burnt everything down around them - when ironically, Whitey has deforested the country by 80%!!!

And for what? To feed the Chinese with desperate measures of mass production techniques.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 11:00pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 21st, 2019 at 10:57pm:
Red Mars
Sydney Dust Storm?

There's been 3 days of westerlys and now half of broken hill is all over my car. Oh well on the plus side it looks like I've been doing some serious off roading

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 11:24pm

Gordon wrote on Aug 21st, 2019 at 11:00pm:
Jasin wrote on Aug 21st, 2019 at 10:57pm:
Red Mars
Sydney Dust Storm?

There's been 3 days of westerlys and now half of broken hill is all over my car. Oh well on the plus side it looks like I've been doing some serious off roading

You would think that they could have at least made your vehicle look silver.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:49am

Jasin wrote on Aug 21st, 2019 at 10:46pm:
Farmers are once again asking for $$$ donations, Farm Aid Packages, etc.

All because they have stuffed the land up, cut down all the trees, turned fertile grasslands into compacted dustlands with hoofed animals and drained all the now dirty waterways. Too 'Aussie & Superior' to try alternative methods or even old methods tried and proven over thousands of years.

Nah - f*uck em!  Angry

Perhaps you should start to understand that with the advent of sheep and cattle grazing have helped improve the soil quality and fertility over time. Sure, the cutting down of trees has screwed up the soils in areas. But, unless the graziers are also growing crops, then there is not much point about complaining about losing livestock or not being able to grow crops.

I know very little about farming. Check out my front yard, and you will see dying trees that are being helped to an early death by my lack of attention. If farmers can swap their livestock and crop paddocks with each other from year to year, they would get longevity out of their farms. But, I said that I am not knowledgable about farming.

The difficulty is about getting it to rain. If you can make a weather control device to create rainfall where you want, when you want, we shall have farmers left with no excuses. But, until the sci-fi becomes reality, we are all going to have to support our farmers. Because we know that the farms are just going to be sold off to the Chinese as farm families are forced to move out. And I bet that Jasin won't get his sit-down money from the Chinese when they do get control.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 3:14am

You're kidden mate!
It IS the 'hoofed herd animal' that is ruining the land (and waterways) - compacting it and preventing aeration and fertility of the soil for anything much to grow.
Throw in over half a century of pesticides and other chemical assaults to create layers of a foot deep in sterility.

The Nile Delta hardly gets any rain - and yet it is a lush rural paradise that sustains a large population.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:31am

UnSubRocky wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 2:49am:
Perhaps you should start to understand that with the advent of sheep and cattle grazing have helped improve the soil quality and fertility over time. Sure, the cutting down of trees has screwed up the soils in areas. But, unless the graziers are also growing crops, then there is not much point about complaining about losing livestock or not being able to grow crops.

I know very little about farming.

The last line explains the first paragraph.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:45am

Gordon wrote on Aug 21st, 2019 at 10:52pm:
These days every time a westerly blows my car gets covered in red dust because of all the erosion. That never used to happen.

Won't somebody think about the Eastern Suburbs SUV owners?

Since when?

It's been happening from time to time all of your life .....because it has for most of mine.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:50am

I think farmers should be assisted as much as possible.

However there is something to be said about a group who go out every election and vote to block doing anything about climate change and then whinge when they get what they asked for and deserve.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:51am

Jasin wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 3:14am:
You're kidden mate!
It IS the 'hoofed herd animal' that is ruining the land (and waterways) - compacting it and preventing aeration and fertility of the soil for anything much to grow.
Throw in over half a century of pesticides and other chemical assaults to create layers of a foot deep in sterility.

The Nile Delta hardly gets any rain - and yet it is a lush rural paradise that sustains a large population.

I suggest you do some research as to why that is.... and realise that since the building of the Aswan Dam that the regenerative flooding that sustains the Nile through Egypt has been greatly reduced.

They have their problems also with the encroaching desert sands.

You speak too much from your southern orifice.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:55am

Dnarever wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:50am:

However there is something to be said about a group who go out every election and vote to block doing anything about climate change and then whinge when they get what they asked for and deserve.

Climate change is not the theory of AGW.

Better we support our farmers than being
blackmailed into giving more aid to so called independent pacific nations who are demanding increases or they will get it from China.

Another case of biting the hand that feeds you.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:25am

Gnads wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 7:55am:

blackmailed into giving more aid to so called independent pacific nations who are demanding increases or they will get it from China.

Sometimes we can do both ?

The threat of aid from china is more our projection than their's. Besides why should they not get help from wherever they can ?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:47am

Dnarever wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:25am:

The threat of aid from china is more our projection than their's. Besides why should they not get help from wherever they can ?

It's not a projection ... it's a threat from certain countries if they don't get what they want.

Get help? We've been assisting them for many decades.

It goes to show they can not really survive as independent sovereign nations.

In the case of PNG( who bought a fleet of 40 Maseratis & 3 Bentleys for an APEC conference) now want a $1.5 billion loan & have posed the question of where will they get it if refused by Australia.

We already give them over $600 million a year.

They are overtly corrupt & poor money managers.

Yes we should assist them and we do ...but being unaccountable and wanting more or we'll go elsewhere is pretty ordinary behaviour on their part.

Perhaps they should all come back under the Australian Territorial banner?

And the Solomons & Vanuatu back under the French? 

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #14 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:54am

Gnads wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:47am:
Dnarever wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 8:25am:

It's not a projection ... it's a threat from certain countries if they don't get what they want.

Get help? We've been assisting them for many decades.

It goes to show they can not really survive as independent sovereign nations.

In the case of PNG( who bought a fleet of 40 Maseratis & 3 Bentleys for an APEC conference) now want a $1.5 billion loan & have posed the question of where will they get it if refused by Australia.

We already give them over $600 million a year.

They are overtly corrupt & poor money managers.

Yes we should assist them and we do ...but being unaccountable and wanting more or we'll go elsewhere is pretty ordinary behaviour on their part.

Perhaps they should all come back under the Australian Territorial banner?

And the Solomons & Vanuatu back under the French? 

On China the Current Liberal government have been out worst problem, They have given away all our radio broadcast licenses in the pacific to China through their dogma driven incompetence.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print