Canberra
Re: Tim Fisher
Reply #15 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 2:59pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 11:56am:
Bam wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 11:41am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 11:11am:
Bam wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 10:41am:
cods wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 10:29am:
he always came across as sincere which is a good point with me....

I had to watch a loved one die  its not easy.

things are much better today he wont suffer like my man did.. 

I wish him peace.

I fear he's in his last days.

If so, this year is a bad one for losing great leaders. Losing both Hawke and Fischer in the same year diminishes us as a nation.

They will have hastened his death with their chemo junk therapy and radio therapy ray gun treatments plus numerous butchery to cut out the cancers which just would have spread them. Same story again and again. No one including pollies are immune to the hands of oncologists and their snake oil treatments  Sad

Cancer treatments are a lot better now than they were 30 years ago.

No they are not. Same old poisons and primitive techniques used that haven't changed for decades. The truth of the matter is they haven't got a cure for cancer. They just feed off and profit from peoples desperation's and the government is quite happy to throw billions at big pharma for fake cancer cures but try and get Greg C.nt to talk about Cannabis oil and THC and then he goes missing in action. Sad

Yep this is idiocy at its finest. The comment not the cancer treratment.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #16 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 3:00pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 12:16pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 12:00pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 11:56am:
Bam wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 11:41am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 11:11am:
Bam wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 10:41am:
cods wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 10:29am:
he always came across as sincere which is a good point with me....

I had to watch a loved one die  its not easy.

things are much better today he wont suffer like my man did.. 

I wish him peace.

I fear he's in his last days.

If so, this year is a bad one for losing great leaders. Losing both Hawke and Fischer in the same year diminishes us as a nation.

They will have hastened his death with their chemo junk therapy and radio therapy ray gun treatments plus numerous butchery to cut out the cancers which just would have spread them. Same story again and again. No one including pollies are immune to the hands of oncologists and their snake oil treatments  Sad

Cancer treatments are a lot better now than they were 30 years ago.

No they are not. Same old poisons and primitive techniques used that haven't changed for decades. The truth of the matter is they haven't got a cure for cancer. They just feed off and profit from peoples desperation's and the government is quite happy to throw billions at big pharma for fake cancer cures. Sad

Drugs aren't the only treatment.

There's surgery too, you know.

My father's cancer is completely gone after 6 or 7 years, and he didn't take a single tablet.

Not one single drug.

Thirty years ago, surgery wouldn't have saved him.

Many are not so lucky. The success rate is very very low ! 3% improvement to the 5 year survivability rate on all chemo treatments. Sad Usually surgery or biopsies spread the cancers throughout the body and secondary cancers will appear later on down the track although they always completely deny this but they can do anything they like to you and then blame the cancer when things go pair shaped as they usually do !

Got a reference for that?

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #17 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 3:13pm

I don't subscribe to lastnail's crackpot conspiracy, but it is true that advancements in cancer treatment has been frustratingly minimal and slow. In some cancers, such as pancreatic cancer, survival rates simply haven't improved at all.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #18 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 3:15pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 3:13pm:
I don't subscribe to lastnail's crackpot conspiracy, but it is true that advancements in cancer treatment has been frustratingly minimal and slow. In some cancers, such as pancreatic cancer, survival rates simply haven't improved at all.

Maybe, but it is rocket science. Its a difficult thing and to just assume its because people want to make money is disingenuous.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #19 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 3:32pm

Regarding Tim - he has a reputation now as a moderate, even progressive from the conservative side. This may be justified, however I will never forget his shameless dog whistling during the mabo/native title debate - where he once produced a map of Australia with more than half of it marked for potential native title claim.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 3:44pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 3:32pm:
Regarding Tim - he has a reputation now as a moderate, even progressive from the conservative side. This may be justified, however I will never forget his shameless dog whistling during the mabo/native title debate - where he once produced a map of Australia with more than half of it marked for potential native title claim.

Yeah.....protecting his flock.  On the other hand, he took that same flock on when he supported gun control after Pt Arthur.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #21 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 4:33pm

Tim was the only honest politician Australia has ever seen.

When the turd howard the coward was lying his disgusting little butt off, Tim called it a day realising that while politics accepted that little turd, Australia was screwed.

howard the coward is the most disgusting thing Australian politics has ever seen.

And Tim wanted nothing to do with him.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:34pm

I once sat opposite Tim Fischer at a Mess Dinner at Duntroon.  He was a very intelligent, witty man who asked my opinion of John Howard and agreed with me that it was time that Howard went (this was in early 2007) and he had "stayed too long" as PM.  He didn't like John Howard overly much but managed to work with him for what, seven-eight years?   He felt he was too ideologically driven and just wanted that one last victory, over the union movement and it was never going to come.   He was right.  It was Howard's undoing, he was ousted as PM and as an MP - one of only two sitting PM's to ever lose their own seat and both over the same thing - Work Place Relations.   Roll Eyes

We both shared similar interests - trains and Military History.  He was a good bloke.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:37pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:34pm:
I once sat opposite Tim Fischer at a Mess Dinner at Duntroon.  He was a very intelligent, witty man who asked my opinion of John Howard and agreed with me that it was time that Howard went (this was in early 2007) and he had "stayed too long" as PM.  He didn't like John Howard overly much but managed to work with him for what, seven-eight years?   He felt he was too ideologically driven and just wanted that one last victory, over the union movement and it was never going to come.   He was right.  It was Howard's undoing, he was ousted as PM and as an MP - one of only two sitting PM's to ever lose their own seat and both over the same thing - Work Place Relations.   Roll Eyes

We both shared similar interests - trains and Military History.  He was a good bloke. 

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

of course you did.. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:44pm

cods wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:37pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:34pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

of course you did.. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Why put schit on that Cods?  Many military people get to meet politicians at all levels.  Comes with the job.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #25 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:48pm

Never did anything worthwhile IMO....He should die of shame!!!

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 6:59pm

So Tim Fisher was just another Politician of the National front that helped stuff up an Australian Rural Industry and ruin a wonderful natural Country to achieve so.

Let him rot!
He's just a dirty Squatter.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #27 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 9:06am

Valkie wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 4:33pm:
howard the coward is the most disgusting thing Australian politics has ever seen.

wanted nothing to do with him - yet stuck with him for two whole terms??

Quote:

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 9:20am

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 21st, 2019 at 9:06am:
Valkie wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 4:33pm:

wanted nothing to do with him - yet stuck with him for two whole terms??

Fischer was leader of the National Party while the Libs were led by Hewson, Downer and Howard. He didn't have a lot of say over who the Libs chose.

At least he was better than his predecessor - who remembers Charles Blunt?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #29 - Aug 21st, 2019 at 9:25am

Did a good job at Coral, 1968 - get well, Tim ...

I hope that was steam engines and not what passes for trains these days...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print