Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Being A CEO in Trump's Retard Land (Read 1398 times)
Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Being A CEO in Trump's Retard Land
Reply #30 - Aug 22nd, 2019 at 11:46pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 20th, 2019 at 12:02pm:
I could not agree more, dear. Japanese cars are certainly superior to American cars. The Japs certainly forced "Australian" cars to lift their game. Before the Japs started exporting, you couldn't even get a radio or a heater in an Australian car.

I know I will never buy an American made car.  They are garbage for the money - especially GM products.

Why would we value American jobs more than Mexican or Japanese jobs? Someone's got to make the cars we drive.

Globalisation, innit. We're fans, no?

The globalization of the auto industry has over time resulted in the integration of production all across the world which means that the parts in cars today come from all over the world and no one blinks an eye.

GM's steering parts plants nearby Saginaw Michigan were first sold off to Delphi when the GM parts division went bankrupt in 2005 before being sold to Nexteer Automotive, which is owned by Chinese parts maker Pacific Century Motors.

So now you have the top three industrial icons of American capitalism (GM, Chrysler, and Ford) that have all been integrated into a complex and confusing system of global production and the struggle by giant transnational corporations to beat out competitors for markets and to dominate the new electric and self-driving technologies in order to gain a new monopoly. This only underscores the need to reject this nationalist poison promoted by the UAW, the the F A T orange puke's administration but I see no fight on the horizon for the international unity of autoworkers against the capitalist system.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Being A CEO in Trump's Retard Land
Reply #31 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:49am

Marla wrote on Aug 22nd, 2019 at 11:46pm:
I could not agree more, dear. Japanese cars are certainly superior to American cars. The Japs certainly forced "Australian" cars to lift their game. Before the Japs started exporting, you couldn't even get a radio or a heater in an Australian car.

I know I will never buy an American made car.  They are garbage for the money - especially GM products.

Why would we value American jobs more than Mexican or Japanese jobs? Someone's got to make the cars we drive.

Globalisation, innit. We're fans, no?

The globalization of the auto industry has over time resulted in the integration of production all across the world which means that the parts in cars today come from all over the world and no one blinks an eye.

GM's steering parts plants nearby Saginaw Michigan were first sold off to Delphi when the GM parts division went bankrupt in 2005 before being sold to Nexteer Automotive, which is owned by Chinese parts maker Pacific Century Motors.

So now you have the top three industrial icons of American capitalism (GM, Chrysler, and Ford) that have all been integrated into a complex and confusing system of global production and the struggle by giant transnational corporations to beat out competitors for markets and to dominate the new electric and self-driving technologies in order to gain a new monopoly. This only underscores the need to reject this nationalist poison promoted by the UAW, the the F A T orange puke's administration but I see no fight on the horizon for the international unity of autoworkers against the capitalist system.

You raise a very interesting point, dear. If the finished product is built or conceived all over the world, how can it be classed as an import or an export?

In this sense, terms of trade are superfluous, which is exactly what Gary Cohn tried telling Trump as his economics advisor. These are global supply and production chains. Capital - and labour - is dispersed. In national terms, there are no winners and losers.

The cities in Australia where BHP once produced steel are no longer rust belts. They're now suburban satellites. The jobs have shifted to health, education, aged and child care. Australia is now a service economy.

You've hit the nail on the head with Trump's real agenda. It's about creating and protecting bloated corporate monopolies, and this is all protectionism has ever been.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print