Invasion Day (Read 78043 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Invasion Day
Reply #435 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:01pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:48pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 11:38pm:
"Dark Emu puts forward an argument for a reconsideration of the hunter-gatherer tag for precolonial Aboriginal Australians. "

Good - we've heard your argument and about your argument over and over - now prove it to us .... or go on about your business...

An 'argument' is not substantive evidence... it is merely a statement of personal position...

It's fanciful toss Graps.

Bwian even admitted that by enlarge 95% or more were nomadic hunter gathers.

Yet carries on about the very few that were in rich pickings & stayed for some time.

Really?  Care to quote me where I mentioned a number like "95%", Gnads or are you erecting a strawman argument?  Tsk, tsk.  Talk about what I wrote, not what you read, please.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #436 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:05pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:10am:
Every year I grow tomatoes and spinach and a few other things in my garden - does that make me an agriculturalist... or a gardener?

An agriculturist has a plan for the next year and the next - a gardener grows what he wants as he wants, and can just stop at any time....

I must be of an advanced culture because instead of hunting kangaroos I grow a few veggies... thus it follows that If I am of such stature - those few Aboriginals who sometimes cultivated some small patches when times were good have done nothing more than anyone would do.

Brian - it's not cause for celebration - and from your immature approach to all issues and persons here and your style of argument - I'd suggest your contact with Tim Fischer was either a civvie tour or a cadet hello and goodbye ...

Just had to say that - even the ADFA twerps from private schools are not that silly and pretentious and presumptive in their arguments - they soon learned that the public school boys could fight better.... born to it as much as the private schoolies were born to rule.... soon got that knocked out of them ..... leading is service - not your personal ego trip...... so you may now stop name-calling as a substitute for genuine argument.....

I met a retired Colonel today for discussion - in a very short time it was clear which of us was the boss .....

As you admit, you are an advanced Agriculturalist, Graps.  Indigenous Australians were more primitive.  They were still figuring out what worked and what didn't.  I am unsure why you and the others are so anti-Indigenous Agriculture.  Are you and they afraid that this will mean that the theft of Indigenous land was unjustified?  That the Indigenous people actually used the land?   Too late to worry about that.  It is done.   We can make reparations through Native Title, we cannot give the land which is now occupied by White Fellas back.  The White Fellas might get a little upset at that...  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #437 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:05pm:
Every year I grow tomatoes and spinach and a few other things in my garden - does that make me an agriculturalist... or a gardener?

An agriculturist has a plan for the next year and the next - a gardener grows what he wants as he wants, and can just stop at any time....

I must be of an advanced culture because instead of hunting kangaroos I grow a few veggies... thus it follows that If I am of such stature - those few Aboriginals who sometimes cultivated some small patches when times were good have done nothing more than anyone would do.

Brian - it's not cause for celebration - and from your immature approach to all issues and persons here and your style of argument - I'd suggest your contact with Tim Fischer was either a civvie tour or a cadet hello and goodbye ...

Just had to say that - even the ADFA twerps from private schools are not that silly and pretentious and presumptive in their arguments - they soon learned that the public school boys could fight better.... born to it as much as the private schoolies were born to rule.... soon got that knocked out of them ..... leading is service - not your personal ego trip...... so you may now stop name-calling as a substitute for genuine argument.....

I met a retired Colonel today for discussion - in a very short time it was clear which of us was the boss .....

As you admit, you are an advanced Agriculturalist, Graps.  Indigenous Australians were more primitive.  They were still figuring out what worked and what didn't.  I am unsure why you and the others are so anti-Indigenous Agriculture.  Are you and they afraid that this will mean that the theft of Indigenous land was unjustified?  That the Indigenous people actually used the land?   Too late to worry about that.  It is done.   We can make reparations through Native Title, we cannot give the land which is now occupied by White Fellas back.  The White Fellas might get a little upset at that...  Roll Eyes
reparations through Native Title
   Now the truth comes out. I thought it was all symbolic Bwian?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #438 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:09pm

Frank wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 8:19pm:
The arrival of the British in Australia was an encounter of people who had recently invented the steam engine with people who could not boil water except in oyster shells.

That was one group, Soren. Indigenous Australians covered an entire continent.  An entire continent is a vast area and Mitchell only explored NSW IIRC.  Indigenous Australians were not all at the same level of culture or technology.  Some were more advanced than others - hence the recent World Heritage listing of South Western Victoria where aquaculture was practised and where permanent settlement has been discovered.   Other groups used other methods to boil water.  They obviously knew how to boil rice elsewhere in Australia, otherwise why did they farm it?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #439 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:11pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:07pm:

Where did you get that idea from, Hammer except some Racist booklet you've read?

Native Title is real.  It comes with compensation as well, as Indigenous Australians are entitled to that, according to the Australian Constitution.  Remember?  Tsk, tsk. another Racist who wants to deny Indigenous Australians their rights because they have more melanin in their skin than he does.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #440 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:14pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:09pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 8:19pm:
The arrival of the British in Australia was an encounter of people who had recently invented the steam engine with people who could not boil water except in oyster shells.

That was one group, Soren. Indigenous Australians covered an entire continent.  An entire continent is a vast area and Mitchell only explored NSW IIRC.  Indigenous Australians were not all at the same level of culture or technology.  Some were more advanced than others - hence the recent World Heritage listing of South Western Victoria where aquaculture was practised and where permanent settlement has been discovered.   Other groups used other methods to boil water.  They obviously knew how to boil rice elsewhere in Australia, otherwise why did they farm it?   Roll Eyes

Boiling water and keeping eels in ponds?? Now that's one advanced people. So let's give them the keys to Australia's agricultural land and mineral wealth.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #441 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:11pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:07pm:

Where did you get that idea from, Hammer except some Racist booklet you've read?

Native Title is real.  It comes with compensation as well, as Indigenous Australians are entitled to that, according to the Australian Constitution.  Remember?  Tsk, tsk. another Racist who wants to deny Indigenous Australians their rights because they have more melanin in their skin than he does.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So how do we find out who to compensate bwian? Give millions to  some quarter blood who lives in Redfern who once had a grandfather who lived on land that was 'stolen"?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #442 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:25pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:17pm:
So how do we find out who to compensate bwian? Give millions to  some quarter blood who lives in Redfern who once had a grandfather who lived on land that was 'stolen"?

Been through this already, Hammer.  Go back and reread the thread.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #443 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:25pm:

Most aborigines who have a direct connection to their land already own it. It gets a bit dusty after that. I just glad that your opinion isn't popular.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #444 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:29pm

In this seminal book, Bruce Pascoe uncovers evidence that long before the arrival of white men, Aboriginal people across the continent were building dams and wells; planting, irrigating, and harvesting seeds, and then preserving the surplus and storing it in houses, sheds, or secure vessels; and creating elaborate cemeteries and manipulating the landscape. All of these behaviors were inconsistent with the hunter-gatherer tag, which turns out have been a convenient lie that worked to justify dispossession.

It's amazing how the loony leftards are such blatant liars.

Are they nut cases from self indoctrination?

Or are they born and bred lunatics?

Houses, sheds, dams, wells and irrigation, storing surplus produce in these houses sheds and secure vessels?

For goodness sake the aboriginals have to have white management on the land they have now, as under the stewardship of the aboriginals themselves they just go backwards, everything just falls down around their ears.

Does anybody on this board have to rely on satellite T.V.? If you do what are the majority of the adds about?

Telling the aboriginal people to stop drinking, keeping the kids clean, getting regular check ups for s.t.d., keep the kids off the streets, go home and look after the kids in the night time, stop the family violence.

These problems which are in all situations (not only aboriginals), are however, of a much greater magnitude in the aboriginal community.

If only these sick pricks of loony leftards had some real compassion for the aboriginals, they would make some genuine effort to help these people, however they are simply using the aboriginals as a tool in their quest to destroy western democracy and the whitey.

The victim hood mentality and the loony left lies are at the very foundation of all the problems the aboriginals face.

While ever the aboriginals heed the crap from the sicko leftards, their kids will always be topping the list for youth suicide, youth illiteracy, youth health etc., which they face now.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #445 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:39pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:31pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:25pm:

Most aborigines who have a direct connection to their land already own it. It gets a bit dusty after that. I just glad that your opinion isn't popular.

Not really, this is why new Native Title claims are being approved all the time, Hammer... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #446 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 2:48pm

In this seminal book, Bruce Pascoe uncovers evidence that long before the arrival of white men, Aboriginal people across the continent were building dams and wells; planting, irrigating, and harvesting seeds, and then preserving the surplus and storing it in secure vessels; and creating elaborate cemeteries and manipulating the landscape. All of these behaviours were inconsistent with the hunter-gatherer tag, which turns out have been a convenient lie that worked to justify dispossession.   Roll Eyes

It's amazing how the loony Rightards are such blatant liars.

Are they nut cases from self indoctrination?

Or are they born and bred lunatics?

Dams, wells and irrigation, storing surplus produce in secure vessels?

For goodness sake the Indigenous Australians have to have had good management before the arrival of the White Fellas upset things so much.  That is why on the land they have now, as under the stewardship of the Indigenous Australians themselves they have decided to just let the land return to it's native vegetation and fauna.  It is how they want it.

Does anybody on this board have to rely on satellite T.V.? If you do what are the majority of the adds about?

Telling the aboriginal people to stop drinking, keeping the kids clean, getting regular check ups for s.t.d., keep the kids off the streets, go home and look after the kids in the night time, stop the family violence.  All issues that have come to the fore since the White Fellas removed them from their parents as the Stolen Generations.   They lack the good parenting examples so the Government is forced to demonstrate to them on TV how to be a good parent...  Roll Eyes

If only these sick pricks of loony Rightards had some real compassion for the Indigenous Australians, they would make some genuine effort to help these people, however they are simply using the Indigenous Australians as a tool in their quest to destroy Australian society.

The victimisation and the loony Right lies are at the very foundation of all the problems the Indigenous Australians face.

While ever the aboriginals heed the crap from the sicko Rightards, their kids will always be topping the list for youth suicide, youth illiteracy, youth health etc., which they face now.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #447 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:13pm

I reckon all and any Land Taxes and Fees should be paid to the Aboriginals 'directly' and not to the Whitey Government of the UK/USA servitude. With this, wipe all other 'benefits' to the Aboriginals - they must pay their own way with the money that is 'Land' paid to them.

That's a 'fair' go.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #448 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:17pm

Incorrect Brian.
There were no plants available for agriculture except macadamia s and bunya nuts.
There were no animals suitable for domestication.

So the aborigine could not farm

This doesn't make him an inferior person.
In fact widespread farming took the " evolutionary blowtorch" off the European and made the European sickly and more fragile.

I celebrate aboriginal superiority in the bush.
As natural riders of horses and sheer athleticism, they leave the slovenly European for dead.

Why not celebrate that instead of trying to make aborigines into stockbrokers and lawyers.
They don't want to do that sort of work and only the leftie intellectual elites tell them they should.

They are far more suited to working alongside the noble white farmer who values them, then working with the intellectual elite SJWs who tell them to adopt the victim narrative and remain oppressed ( to justify the existence of the SJWS power play )

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #449 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 3:23pm

My copy of Dark Emu is borrowed currently.
So I can't write out a few passages of relevance.

But I can say they had way more than the well known Macadamia's and Bunyas. Yams and Rice are just two of many.
They had Grains and 'tons' of Grain storaged (often stolen by Exployers who didn't like to ask for help, because it was too 'beneath' them. Idiots.  Roll Eyes)

And that's what will happen to 'Western' European (Political) influence here... vanish in the desert like Burke & Wills, for such arrogance and ignorance.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 105
Send Topic Print