Send Topic Print
Invasion Day (Read 78055 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Invasion Day
Reply #420 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 4:49pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 1:03pm:
Here we go again - start pumping innocent little minds with unsupported revisionism and they'll grow up believing it to be the truth, and one day will burn at the stake all those 'old bastards who ruined everything and took everything from everyone else'....

They've already got 'em on 'climate change', the 'greed of the Baby Boomers', the 'oppression of women and children by Men'..... one day soon all these little indoctrinated twerps will become Kommissars and political officers everywhere and will denounce for public show trial any dissident.....

Maybe there's something to be said for knocking kids on the head early and only keeping those who are not indoctrinated..

(I'm considering a book titled "The Handy-Man's Tale"... to address reality in the West ...)   Cool

Only problem is, Graps, this Revisionism is supported.  Pascoe has found sources which support his viewpoint in the form of the early explorers and settlers' journals.   You have nothing to support your claims that there was no agriculture practised by Indigenous Australians.

I have been bombarded by people with personal insults, attacks and even you haven't been above that, Graps.  I am disappointed.  I though you were were fair minded.  Appears not.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #421 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 4:49pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 4:41pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 6:26am:
Pascoe' s a dreamer.
Consideration has been given and Aboriginies were hunter gatherers.

Problem is....if this Pascoe nut gets enough spotlight for long enough then more dumb arse's like Ross will join the queue of propaganda tales and MAKE it part of history. It is up to the free thinking to KEEP this misleading crap in the incinerator.

Why can't people just accept that aborigines were not as advanced as Europeans? Get over it ffs.
Barely able to secure a rock to a stick....how the fkkk could they build a settlement?
Not even a wheel in site to aid in carrying heavy items. Nope. Just....paintings and sticks.

You and all the others have not produced any evidence - just opinion - that refutes the journals that Pascoe has quoted from.  Until you do, you are of course simply baying at the moon.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

I see how this works.
You put forward absolute rubbish
And you then demand we prove it to be false.

What a stupid, stupid way to work.
Disprove rather than prove.

But the simple fact is that a pre-stone age primitive
Is still a pre-stone age primitive.

There is no REAL proof, simply sycophantic rantings of a group or individual with an agenda and an eye on 30 billion in grants going begging.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #422 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 5:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 8:10pm:
Gnads wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 7:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 6:03pm:
Gnads wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 7:00am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 10:28pm:
Agriculture is defined as being:

Quote:
the science and art of cultivating plants and livestock.

Indigenous Australians lucked out on the livestock side but appear to have done well with the cultivation of plants, according to the accounts of original settlers in the NSW area.  They recounted discovering large areas of cleared land which had been planted with seeds which had been collected by the locals.

Now, as much as you want to deny that, the reality is there, in the explorers and settler's accounts which are held in the Library of NSW.

Not one of you and you in particular Graps, have produced any evidence which proves those accounts were falsified.   None.

Get back to us with real, hard, evidence, OK?

Otherwise, just piss off.  You are wasting your and my time, trolling.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Naturally clear areas?

And what sort of seeds?

Name the "crops".

Read the Journals mentioned in the original report, Gnads.    Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Quote:
grain-like grass

No mention of how it was used .... even though I have seen Aboriginal women grind up some sort of native seeds to make a paste.

Then the article is stuffed by more bs about/from Bruce Pascoe.

Nothing in your link proves anything true in regards to agriculture/farming/crop growing.

It's just bollocks.

If they were so good at it then why aren't they now?

You appear to have a bone to pick with Mr. Pascoe.  Is that 'cause he is successful as an author and has won multiple literary awards for his works?

Until you have find convincing historical accounts which refute what Mr. Pascoe has claimed in his work, "Dark Emu", I rather think you're just moaning and carping, Gnads.  A not unusual position for you.  Roll Eyes

Dark Emu. Taking Australia by storm.
Dark Emu - the Movie, is being planned.
Pascoe has just brought out another book: SALT

As all those Wild West and Frontier Legends of the early North America became so because they 'respected' the AmerIndian cultures.
So too do I make the effort to understand and respect Aboriginal Culture as much as I can. Doesn't matter if some 'drunk boong' comes up to me abusively, aggressively - I would still drop the turd.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #423 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 6:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 4:46pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:52am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 9:10pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 8:54pm:
Mr Pasco's account is flimsy and fanciful. He has redefined basic  concepts. That is no evidence, that's mere ideological revisionism.
He presented zero historical evidence. Revisionist interpretation of evidence is NOT NEW EVIDENCE.

"Zero historical evidence"?  Really?  So, what do the journals he quotes from represent, Soren?  Roll Eyes

You have zero historical evidence which refutes those journals.  Until you do so, you're just barking at the moon.

Quotes to support his revisionist redefinition of concepts doesn't make them facts.  But let us know which historic facts from those journals did
you
find particularly convincing.

Quotes that describe what the early explorers and settlers saw, are FACTS, Soren.  Until you produce quotes from early explorers and settlers which refute those journal entries, they stand.  All you're doing is whinging that your original claims have been refuted, like so much of what you claim in your posts.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

I am not seeing any facts that convinced
you
, Bwian. Are there any? Or are you just taking all this on the authority of the bien pensant, 'we have the correct truth' ABC?

Show us how that mail order PhD/doctorate/cert IV wasn't just a vanity purchase and boast.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #424 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:14pm

Quote:

Indigenous Australians lucked out on the livestock side but appear to have done well with the cultivation of plants, according to the accounts of original settlers in the NSW area.  They recounted discovering large areas of cleared land which had been planted with seeds which had been collected by the locals.

Now, as much as you want to deny that, the reality is there, in the explorers and settler's accounts which are held in the Library of NSW.

Not one of you and you in particular Graps, have produced any evidence which proves those accounts were falsified.   None.

Otherwise, just piss off.  You are wasting your and my time, trolling.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Naturally clear areas?

And what sort of seeds?

Name the "crops".

Grin Grin Quote:
grain-like grass

No mention of how it was used .... even though I have seen Aboriginal women grind up some sort of native seeds to make a paste.

Nothing in your link proves anything true in regards to agriculture/farming/crop growing.

It's just bollocks.

You appear to have a bone to pick with Mr. Pascoe.  Is that 'cause he is successful as an author and has won multiple literary awards for his works?

Until you have find convincing historical accounts which refute what Mr. Pascoe has claimed in his work, "Dark Emu", I rather think you're just moaning and carping, Gnads.  A not unusual position for you.  Roll Eyes

No ... The bone to pick is with you ... your're the one quoting Pascoes dark Emu fairytale & it's relevance in this.

Winning literary awards means squat in this case  .... they are granted by a bunch of luvvies & Pascoe being the token Aboriginal writing a yarn that fits the leftard agenda.

Just because he claims it as so doesn't mean it is ... he has no concrete proof & neither do you.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #425 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:17pm

Now why would he publish a book that quotes and refers to Documentations, early photos and illustrations from Settlers, Explorers and Archivists???

Why would he exhibit such, in his book?  Tongue

Boo Ya Tribe: "Bang ya head!" Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #426 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:17pm

Quote:

Naturally clear areas?

And what sort of seeds?

Name the "crops".

Did YOU, Bwian? Which new facts in those articles convinbced YOU, Bwian?

Don't be shy, Bwian, you are a PhD/Doctor/Cert IV kinda guy, educated-like.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #427 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:40pm

" Around him he noted expanses of bright yellow herbs, nine miles of grain-like grass, cut and stooped, and earthen clods that had been turned up, resembling ‘ground broken by the hoe’."

Pretty non-specific.....

"‘The most common example is you create grass, which is food for grazing animals like kangaroos, you put next to that an open forest which is their shelter and that encourages the kangaroos or the grazers to come from the shelter onto the grass.'"

Aha!  so now we have clearing and planting of hectares of grass and the planting of forests!!  Who'd 've thunk it?  You mean grass and trees don;t grow naturally?  No wonder the Whartye Man was so much more successful....

"‘Then you burn the grass and a fortnight later you get this sweet, fresh growth, that lures the kangaroos to that particular spot ... and they can be harvested more easily.’"

Yup - burn the grass that's already there and sure - you'll get 'roos to come and eat it... exciting piece of land cultivation there...

"Some scholars also believe that aquaculture was also an integral part of the pre-settlement Indigenous economy."

From the photo, a number of small rock piles to slow water and trap fish is hardly 'aquaculture' - 'aquaculture' is just a nice sounding name for making a rock wall to trap a few fish, but it actually means retaining the fish and breeding them in an enclosure big enough for them to flourish - not just a short-term grab for a few..

Eel traps?  The eels can 'walk' out of them... unless you're quick...

" stone foundations of wooden and thatched domed homes where Indigenous people once congregated."

How do they KNOW they were "wooden and thatched domed"?  If you were putting up a bark hut, surely you'd surround it with a stone fence to keep water etc out in case it rained.. does that make it a 'foundation'?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #428 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:48pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 11:38pm:
"Dark Emu puts forward an argument for a reconsideration of the hunter-gatherer tag for precolonial Aboriginal Australians. "

Good - we've heard your argument and about your argument over and over - now prove it to us .... or go on about your business...

An 'argument' is not substantive evidence... it is merely a statement of personal position...

It's fanciful toss Graps.

Bwian even admitted that by enlarge 95% or more were nomadic hunter gathers.

Yet carries on about the very few that were in rich pickings & stayed for some time.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #429 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:49pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 4:38pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 11:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 9:10pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 8:54pm:

Quote:

Naturally clear areas?

And what sort of seeds?

Name the "crops".

Grin Grin Quote:
grain-like grass

It's just bollocks.

Mr Pasco's account is flimsy and fanciful. He has redefined basic  concepts. That is no evidence, that's mere ideological revisionism.
He presented zero historical evidence. Revisionist interpretation of evidence is NOT NEW EVIDENCE.

"Zero historical evidence"?  Really?  So, what do the journals he quotes from represent, Soren?  Roll Eyes

You have zero historical evidence which refutes those journals.  Until you do so, you're just barking at the moon.

Run along now, I can hear you being called back to the little kiddies' playground where you belong.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

Can you link these 'journals'? Ihear about 'em - but they never appear....

They are quoted in Pascoe's book, Graps.  Time to visit a library... Roll Eyes

Grin Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #430 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 4:41pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 6:26am:
Pascoe' s a dreamer.
Consideration has been given and Aboriginies were hunter gatherers.

Problem is....if this Pascoe nut gets enough spotlight for long enough then more dumb arse's like Ross will join the queue of propaganda tales and MAKE it part of history. It is up to the free thinking to KEEP this misleading crap in the incinerator.

Why can't people just accept that aborigines were not as advanced as Europeans? Get over it ffs.
Barely able to secure a rock to a stick....how the fkkk could they build a settlement?
Not even a wheel in site to aid in carrying heavy items. Nope. Just....paintings and sticks.

You and all the others have not produced any evidence - just opinion - that refutes the journals that Pascoe has quoted from.  Until you do, you are of course simply baying at the moon.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Pascoes is just an opinion.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #431 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:54pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 5:41pm:

Quote:

Naturally clear areas?

And what sort of seeds?

Name the "crops".

Grin Grin Quote:
grain-like grass

It's just bollocks.

Dark Emu. Taking Australia by storm.
Dark Emu - the Movie, is being planned.
Pascoe has just brought out another book: SALT

As all those Wild West and Frontier Legends of the early North America became so because they 'respected' the AmerIndian cultures.
So too do I make the effort to understand and respect Aboriginal Culture as much as I can. Doesn't matter if some 'drunk boong' comes up to me abusively, aggressively - I would still drop the turd.

So what? You like fiction obviously .... your Dune quotes prove that.

You keep exercising your imagination and plonkers like Pascoe will keep dishing you up material to get you all excited.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #432 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 8:19pm

The arrival of the British in Australia was an encounter of people who had recently invented the steam engine with people who could not boil water except in oyster shells.

They broil indiscriminately all substances which they eat. Though they boil water in small quantities in oyster shells for particular purposes, they never conceived it possible until shown by us, to dress meat by this method, having no vessel capable of containing a fish or a bird which would stand fire. Two of them once stole twelve pounds of rice and carried it off.
They knew how we cooked it, and by way of putting it in practice they spread the rice on the ground before a fire, and as it grew hot continued to throw water on it. Their ingenuity was however very ill rewarded, for the rice became so mingled with the dirt and sand on which it was laid, that even they could not eat it, and the whole was spoiled.

Watkin Tench, 1788

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tench/watkin/settlement/complete.html

The Socialist weighs in and disses Pascoe from the left:

But Pascoe’s strategy is not just to highlight the truth – that Aboriginal people made intensive use of the land and managed their resources on a permanent basis – but to claim that this made them different from ‘hunter-gatherers.’

One unintended effect of this is to throw hunter-gatherer people under the bus. Whether the British Empire invaded a hunter-gatherer society or an agricultural one, it’s still the same crime. In Brazil Indigenous hunter-gatherers right now face the same slanders and attacks, intensifying under the far-right president Bolsonaro. It’s a lie to suggest that they don’t truly use their land.

Unfortunately Pascoe repeats the propaganda on this – wrongly saying that hunter-gatherers “do not employ agricultural methods or build permanent dwellings”, that they are mere “wanderers”. But wherever you find people, you find them making sophisticated use of their surroundings.
https://thesocialist.org.au/review-dark-emu/

Aboriginal MasterChef meets Socialists' reading some journals contra Bwian. When endless revisionism is barely enough and group pieties clash and stupidity just piles up.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #433 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:10am

Every year I grow tomatoes and spinach and a few other things in my garden - does that make me an agriculturalist... or a gardener?

An agriculturist has a plan for the next year and the next - a gardener grows what he wants as he wants, and can just stop at any time....

I must be of an advanced culture because instead of hunting kangaroos I grow a few veggies... thus it follows that If I am of such stature - those few Aboriginals who sometimes cultivated some small patches when times were good have done nothing more than anyone would do.

Brian - it's not cause for celebration - and from your immature approach to all issues and persons here and your style of argument - I'd suggest your contact with Tim Fischer was either a civvie tour or a cadet hello and goodbye ...

Just had to say that - even the ADFA twerps from private schools are not that silly and pretentious and presumptive in their arguments - they soon learned that the public school boys could fight better.... born to it as much as the private schoolies were born to rule.... soon got that knocked out of them ..... leading is service - not your personal ego trip...... so you may now stop name-calling as a substitute for genuine argument.....

I met a retired Colonel today for discussion - in a very short time it was clear which of us was the boss .....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #434 - Sep 19th, 2019 at 1:00pm

Frank wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 7:17pm:

Quote:

Naturally clear areas?

And what sort of seeds?

Name the "crops".

Did YOU, Bwian? Which new facts in those articles convinbced YOU, Bwian?

Don't be shy, Bwian, you are a PhD/Doctor/Cert IV kinda guy, educated-like.

The statements, Soren.  You know from Major Mitchell?  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 105
Send Topic Print