Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Invasion Day
Reply #1500 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 8:59am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 8:22pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:53pm:
rhino wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:41pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:25pm:
Currently Australia day represents the arrival of the British Empire on these shores.... )
Can you show me where that is the offfical stance in writing. because thats bullsh1te. I dont know anyone who celebrates it in that way.

Here you go mate....Although you have no idea what Australia day represents those that actually care about what the event represents have every right to voice their concerns about a lack of representation from the chosen date....Australia day should represent all Australian's!!!

Quote:
Australia Day is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at Sydney Cove by Governor Arthur Phillip.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It does - apart from those who want to make an issue out of it and remain stuck in their choice of being 'triggered' instead of working their own way out of their own problems.

AGTOW is not a tractor towing firm - Aboriginals Going Their Own Way...

https://i0.wp.com/koorihistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/cloak_002.jpg

Oh... sorry - did I post a Pascoe Proof Picture there?   Cool

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1501 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 9:20am

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 23rd, 2020 at 6:07pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Jan 23rd, 2020 at 11:39am:
Those that want to sit in misery on the day....enjoy. 🧟‍♂️
I'll be enjoying my time...as I do every year. 🏖

Who do you imagine has been sitting in misery for hundreds of years?

Imagine?
Imagination is all that is driving you idiots. You all have a great imagination. Most of us stopped using ours to live by back when we were about 6 or 7....you lot just can't shake the fun.
However...for you I will use mine again.

I imagine the Hutus and Tutsi's have been living in misery....real misery.
I imagine the Serbs and kurds have been doing it rough. Their misery is very real.
I imagine the Pacific islanders that lost everything to the great American nuclear testing programs have been living in misery...and still are. They can't go home.
I imagine the Irish independence war wasn't peaches and cream. Misery felt on an alarming scale.
I imagine the Scottish independence war was half decade of misery.
I imagine the Cubans are living in misery.
I imagine the Haitians are living in misery.
I imagine there are women in aboriginal communities that ARE living in misery today....not becuase of white man though.
I imagine there are aboriginal children living in misery today....not becuase of white man either.
I imagine there are Aboriginies today living in misery....not becuase of the white man either.

Shall I keep going?

My family was extremely hard done by a lot earlier than the aborigine was....yet here we are making a living in a country settled by the gov my family were fighting all these years.
Little do people like you know...but the Irish and Aborigine were brothers in arms back in the day. People.like you seem to have riddled the poems of Irish suffering and only focused on the Aborigine.

What do you say to those Aborigines that became native police and started killing their own?
What are you doing to fix this problem that seems to be sitting in your frontal lobe? My bet is you're doing fkkk all except blowing hot air out your bong hole.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #1502 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:15am

Sydney council votes to end colonial Australia Day celebrations
and replace with Aboriginal festival

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2019/11/13/TELEMMGLPICT000152453385_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqAVXuJn3O7rPdox2ziM6m4kNEBiBR85CjChYHh-9c70A.jpegimwidth=1400

Australia Day is actually an Invasion Day due to the dispossession of Indigenous land
as well as British genocide on Aboriginal people

If Australia wants to become a sovereign country and to develop own national and cultural identity than must first to acknowledge it's shameful genocidal colonial British past.
One of Sydney’s largest local governments will encourage their residents to attend an Aboriginal festival on 26 January after voting to scrap its Australia Day celebrations.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:43am by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #1503 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:42am

Carolus Rex wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 9:45am:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:46pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:40pm:
[quote author=philperth2010 link=1566217065/1471#1471 date=1579699502]Currently Australia day represents the arrival of the British Empire on these shores....The Aboriginal people and those Australians from nations other than England do not relate or associate themselves with this event....Why is that so hard to comprehend....Australia day should mean something to all Australian's or it means nothing!!!

Celebrates the national day for all - just like every other nation.   Why are our Indigenous so special?

Why are the POMS so special....Who would want to celebrate being a POME FFS???

The British Empire ruled the world at one point, with more compassion than the French, Spaniards, Germans, Dutch or the Belgians did. They created the language we speak, build the foundations which turned into the great country you take advantage of today, gave you the magna carta  which prevented people in power from abusing it over the common man, first European power to abolish slavery, gave us the great Isaac Newton who wrote the Philosophić Naturalis Principia Mathematica, and started the scientific revolution.
Its always funny how the people who know the least about history and geography, are always the loudest voices of all
Roll Eyes

Unfortunately you are one of those people.

Britain has never been part of continental Europe particularly from cultural point of view.
Britain is the most genocidal nation in the world killing at least 50 million American indians, Australian Aborigines, new zealand Maoris, South African boers etc, etc. 
Britain created numerous wars in Europe.
Britain actually created large scale commercial slavery enslaving millions of Africans.
Britain always has sided with most brutal world dictators even, using pirates
to achieve own criminal goals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privateer).
Britain has never had a democracy.
British head of state has never been democratically elected and in accordance with the constitution
has absolute power and is above the law
Britain has the richest dictator in the world.
Britain is deeply caste society where higher castes rule the country.
If Australia wants to be a independent sovereign country first must have to acknowledge shameful
British colonial genocidal past.

« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2020 at 11:08am by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #1504 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:54am

Carolus Rex wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 10:52am:
Well for people like me, others like me, who have some english ancestry, who had family members fight and die for the country who's people you seem to love to trash, Australia day means a lot, and it's a stain on it when immigrants who came here after World War II like yourself, take advantage of it, but trash the legacy of the ANZACs by trying to take something away from them that they held dear. You obviously haven't had any family members who have shed blood for Australia, which is why you find it so easily to insult the brave English colonialists and WW veterans.

Since I haven't made 100 posts yet I cant post the url link, but the Slavery Abolition Act from 1833 is the date your looking for regarding the English and slavery issue. Just google it, very easy information to find  Wink

Finally an honest Closet Pom
Grin

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1505 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:59pm

capitosinora wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:42am:

Britain has never been part of continental Europe particularly from cultural point of view.
Britain is the most genocidal nation in the world killing at least 50 million American indians, Australian Aborigines, new zealand Maoris, South African boers etc, etc. 
Britain actually created large scale commercial slavery enslaving millions of Africans.
British head of state has never been democratically elected and in accordance with the constitution
If Australia wants to be a independent sovereign country first must have to acknowledge shameful

Ah - those were the days.... you know - Britain had no responsibility for anything after Independence in the US... since 1776... yet you seek to lay blame for all Indian deaths on Britain...

Back to the books, sonny...

Between you and philperth, I think I'll watch a movie... you've got nothing to add to the discussion..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #1506 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:03am

Sadly for Capitosonora.
The USA is like Lancelot.
All shiny and pure and 'better' than
King Arthur (Great Britain) to begin with.

But due to its 'sexual depravity' (just ask the typical African-American what its all about, eh Roll Eyes) - the USA falls from Grace in a World that is all but ruined.

Oh Capitosonora - you think you Americans are so Superior to the Brits.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #1507 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:06am

But Australia is Percival.
The nobody who helps make the World a better place and knows that Britain is KING, not the USA.

...and definately not Mordred (Oceania/Media Wink)

Percival_is_OZ.jpg (59 KB | 5 )
Percival_is_OZ.jpg

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #1508 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:09am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:59pm:

Ah - those were the days.... you know - Britain had no responsibility for anything after Independence in the US... since 1776... yet you seek to lay blame for all Indian deaths on Britain...

Between you and philperth, I think I'll watch a movie... you've got nothing to add to the discussion..

America had the balls to get rid of primitive British colonial rule 300 years ago, abolished slavery, developed democracy and became the most powerful nation in the world.
Unfortunately Australia, like a toddler, still is screaming for colonial moome Britain.
You will never grow up unless China takes you over.

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:21am by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #1509 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:14am

Jasin wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:03am:
Sadly for Capitosonora.

But due to its 'sexual depravity' (just ask the typical African-American what its all about, eh Roll Eyes) - the USA falls from Grace in a World that is all but ruined.

No they are just more humanly advanced

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:30am by capitosinora »  

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #1510 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:24am

capitosinora wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:14am:
Jasin wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 1:03am:
Sadly for Capitosonora.

No they are just more humanly advanced

I assume thats the Americans I don't see on the TV then

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1511 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 11:36am

Well - now that Invention Day has come and gone, we can all rest easy for another year until it all comes around again....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1512 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 11:55am

capitosinora wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:09am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:59pm:

America had the balls to get rid of primitive British colonial rule 300 years ago, abolished slavery, developed democracy and became the most powerful nation in the world.
Unfortunately Australia, like a toddler, still is screaming for colonial moome Britain.
You will never grow up unless China takes you over.

The British abolished slavery many years before 'Murika did, US democracy is based on British democracy, power without humanity is worthless, Australia does not cling to Britain's skits and hasn't done for years, and China will die of Injected Virus before it takes over anything...

You are truly a lost soul with no idea....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1513 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 6:38am

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:25pm:
Currently Australia day represents the arrival of the British Empire on these shores....The Aboriginal people and those Australians from nations other than England do not relate or associate themselves with this event....Why is that so hard to comprehend....Australia day should mean something to all Australian's or it means nothing!!!

Bullshit .... that's a part of it.

But in all it's a day for all Australians & the parts they & their ancestors have played since our joint journey together.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #1514 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 7:43am

Australia's true invasion day was April 25th. Strangely there was another at Singapore when Anzacs saluted the Jap Empire. Then also at Kokoda when Japs saluted the Australian Empire.  All very confusing. In Vietnam no-one saluted but that's Yanks for you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 105
Send Topic Print