Send Topic Print
Invasion Day (Read 78073 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Invasion Day
Reply #1470 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 9:34pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 7:58pm:
Aboriginal people are entitled to be pissed off that Australia day which is supposed to celebrate our great nation and include all of it's inhabitants is based on the arrival of British Colonisation....How can Aboriginal people be expected to celebrate the day they lost their nation...
Huh Huh Huh

That's because they're tinted.

If they had any respect, they'd get down on their hands and knees, say "thanks, boss", and offer up their sphincters.

If they can't even do that, remember this:

WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #1471 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:25pm

Currently Australia day represents the arrival of the British Empire on these shores....The Aboriginal people and those Australians from nations other than England do not relate or associate themselves with this event....Why is that so hard to comprehend....Australia day should mean something to all Australian's or it means nothing!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #1472 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:34pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 9:34pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 7:58pm:
Aboriginal people are entitled to be pissed off that Australia day which is supposed to celebrate our great nation and include all of it's inhabitants is based on the arrival of British Colonisation....How can Aboriginal people be expected to celebrate the day they lost their nation...
Huh Huh Huh

That's because they're tinted.

If they had any respect, they'd get down on their hands and knees, say "thanks, boss", and offer up their sphincters.

If they can't even do that, remember this:

WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE.

What a profound idea!  Never thought of that... but let's try Endless Appeasement first.. see how that goes... might cut their rate of domestic murder and violence and drug use and youth suicide if we just love them a little more...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1473 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:40pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:25pm:
Currently Australia day represents the arrival of the British Empire on these shores....The Aboriginal people and those Australians from nations other than England do not relate or associate themselves with this event....Why is that so hard to comprehend....Australia day should mean something to all Australian's or it means nothing!!!

Celebrates the national day for all - just like every other nation.   Why are our Indigenous so special?

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2016/08/18/there-were-viet-cong-everywhere-l...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1474 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:41pm

Currently Australia day represents the arrival of the British Empire on these shores.... )
Can you show me where that is the offfical stance in writing. because thats bullsh1te. I dont know anyone who celebrates it in that way.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #1475 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:46pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:40pm:

Celebrates the national day for all - just like every other nation.   Why are our Indigenous so special?

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2016/08/18/there-were-viet-cong-everywhere-l...

Why are the POMS so special....Who would want to celebrate being a POME FFS???

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #1476 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:53pm

rhino wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:41pm:
Currently Australia day represents the arrival of the British Empire on these shores.... )
Can you show me where that is the offfical stance in writing. because thats bullsh1te. I dont know anyone who celebrates it in that way.

Here you go mate....Although you have no idea what Australia day represents those that actually care about what the event represents have every right to voice their concerns about a lack of representation from the chosen date....Australia day should represent all Australian's!!!

Quote:
Australia Day is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at Sydney Cove by Governor Arthur Phillip.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1477 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 12:15am

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:46pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:40pm:

It's the day Australians stopped being Poms - and even the Aboriginals could breathe a sigh of relief....

BTW - my sole English ancestor was a mixed breed of some kind from Portsmouth.... need a DNA test to see.

Oh, Sergeant?  I'm not a Quaker....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1478 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 11:39am

Those that want to sit in misery on the day....enjoy. 🧟‍♂️

I'll be enjoying my time...as I do every year. 🏖

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #1479 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 4:35pm

It's just another day in paradise.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #1480 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 4:43pm

Looking forward to the Sunrise Ceremony.
Afterall, you want the 'space' (the land),
then you lose the 'time' (Australia Day).
Fair suck of the sav  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #1481 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 6:04pm

Abbos should all bow down and kiss the working mans feet.

After all, if the working man didn't pay exorbitant taxes, they would have nothing.

Let's change Australia day to

Thank white Australian day.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #1482 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 6:07pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jan 23rd, 2020 at 11:39am:
Those that want to sit in misery on the day....enjoy. 🧟‍♂️
I'll be enjoying my time...as I do every year. 🏖

Who do you imagine has been sitting in misery for hundreds of years?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #1483 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 6:08pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:46pm:

Not ex Prince Harry and his missus.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1484 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 9:16pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:53pm:
rhino wrote on Jan 22nd, 2020 at 11:41pm:

Here you go mate....Although you have no idea what Australia day represents those that actually care about what the event represents have every right to voice their concerns about a lack of representation from the chosen date....Australia day should represent all Australian's!!!

Quote:
Australia Day is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, it marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the First Fleet of British ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales, and the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at Sydney Cove by Governor Arthur Phillip.

Not sure about your link but heres what the Australia day foundation say about it

Quote:
Australia Day, 26 January, is the day to reflect on what
it means to be Australian, to celebrate contemporary
Australia and to acknowledge our history.

https://www.australiaday.org.au/about-australia-day/

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 105
Send Topic Print