Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Islamic Attacks-Should Aussies Protect Themselves (Read 42670 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islamic Attacks-Should Aussies Protect Themselves
Reply #195 - May 14th, 2021 at 9:46pm

Theres nothing to indicate that this attack was motivated by Islam.

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #196 - May 14th, 2021 at 10:35pm

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 9:46pm:

Exactly. Shouting 'Allahu Akhbar' while stabbing is a universally acknowledged sign of having nothing to do with Allah, Islam or Muslims. It is blatantly racist and Islamophobic to link Allahu Akhbaring stabbings to Muslims or Islam.

I am so upset by the implied Islamophobia here that I could almost yawn and roll my eyes. 

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #197 - May 14th, 2021 at 10:54pm

Racism rules it seems.  People are so afraid of other "races" that is all they think about, their fear.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #198 - May 14th, 2021 at 10:59pm

Bertie wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 10:35pm:
rhino wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 9:46pm:

Exactly. Shouting 'Allahu Akhbar' while stabbing is a universally acknowledged sign of having nothing to do with Allah, Islam or Muslims. It is blatantly racist and Islamophobic to link Allahu Akhbaring stabbings to Muslims or Islam.

I am so upset by the implied Islamophobia here that I could almost yawn and roll my eyes. 

Allah Akbar has been quoted so often that every random nutter uses it. Its also a phrase thats been around for a while and I have been using it myself on occasion since the 80's, its indicative of nothing. It literally means "God is great" by the way. This guy was just a random nutter if you actually take the time to read the article instead of just responding to the dog whistling.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #199 - May 14th, 2021 at 11:00pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 10:54pm:
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/120/google/223...

Racism rules it seems.  People are so afraid of other "races" that is all they think about, their fear.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Islam isnt a race Brian.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #200 - May 14th, 2021 at 11:12pm

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 10:59pm:
Allah Akbar has been quoted so often that every random nutter uses it. Its also a phrase thats been around for a while and I have been using it myself on occasion since the 80's, its indicative of nothing. It literally means "God is great" by the way. This guy was just a random nutter if you actually take the time to read the article instead of just responding to the dog whistling.

He used "Allah Akbar" for a different purpose than you used it for I'm imagining. Did you kill someone every time you said it?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #201 - May 14th, 2021 at 11:17pm

Bias_2012 wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 11:12pm:

He used "Allah Akbar" for a different purpose than you used it for I'm imagining. Did you kill someone every time you said it?
Ive heard it said thousands of times without anyone being killed, whats your point? You think Its a magic phrase which only Islamic killers are allowed to use? Thats pretty stupid. Read the article dummy, then you will find someone with actual intelligence telling you what motivated the killing. this type of wankfest doesnt help your cause because it makes you look stupid. Which im sure you are anyway, prove me wrong.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #202 - May 14th, 2021 at 11:40pm

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 11:00pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 10:54pm:
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/120/google/223...

Islam isnt a race Brian.

Really?  How about that, hey?  Now tell me where did I claim it was, Rhino?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - May 15th, 2021 at 4:10am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 11:17pm:

Ive heard it said thousands of times without anyone being killed, whats your point? You think Its a magic phrase which only Islamic killers are allowed to use? Thats pretty stupid. Read the article dummy, then you will find someone with actual intelligence telling you what motivated the killing. this type of wankfest doesnt help your cause because it makes you look stupid. Which im sure you are anyway, prove me wrong.

Touchy!

You don't expect the ABC to publish the whole truth do you? That link was for the headline

God willing you will refrain from using language that muslim terrorists use during their killing sprees

His family are middle eastern and apparently non practicing muslims

These are from a NZ news site and News.com ....

"I saw a lot of news articles saying about terrorism but a family doesn't have to practise Islam
- sister of Ney

Police reveal more details about alleged knifeman Mert Ney ... “He had some domestic violence issues linked back to his family, that again, were ... stabber's social media activity had included posts about converting to Islam.

He insisted he was only pretending to be a terrorist when he shouted “Allahu Akbar” and did the Islamic State salute so police would shoot him dead.

It was an attack on behalf of ISIS, bet on it

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #204 - May 15th, 2021 at 8:31am

And, it must be noted.

He only attacked women, running from men

This is atypical behavior of a muzzo, because they are all cowards.

Simples.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #205 - May 15th, 2021 at 11:23am

Brian Ross wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 4:58pm:
Before we discuss black versus white properties you must remember, American-Blacks were ex-slaves and the descendents of slaves for the most part.  Therefore what ever cultural identity they had were wiped out by the experience of being owned by White people.  So, before you can condemn them you need to understand where they are coming from.

No condemnation of African-Americans is intended.

However, imposing guilt by inherited ancestry based only on skin colour is not only too simplistic an idea to effect a positive change, but it fuels a resentment from the innocent that almost certainly will fuel more racism (not to mention the irony of it being racist itself).

This is an example of the politics of grievance-culture and not one that will lessen racism or the suffering due to racism.

In effect, it requires that, say, a white Danish family who emigrates to the US, must bear the burden of guilt for race crimes neither committed by family members nor any of their ancestors.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #206 - May 15th, 2021 at 2:42pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 11:23am:
Before we discuss black versus white properties you must remember, American-Blacks were ex-slaves and the descendents of slaves for the most part.  Therefore what ever cultural identity they had were wiped out by the experience of being owned by White people.  So, before you can condemn them you need to understand where they are coming from.

However, imposing guilt by inherited ancestry based only on skin colour is not only too simplistic an idea to effect a positive change, but it fuels a resentment from the innocent that almost certainly will fuel more racism (not to mention the irony of it being racist itself).

This is an example of the politics of grievance-culture and not one that will lessen racism or the suffering due to racism.

In effect, it requires that, say, a white Danish family who emigrates to the US, must bear the burden of guilt for race crimes neither committed by family members nor any of their ancestors.

No guilt burden is required or intended.  Shame, on the otherhand is.  Shame that they are quite willing to partake of the proceeds of the crimes which cause Indigenous Australians from living in their land in the manner that they preferred. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - May 15th, 2021 at 3:00pm

Bias_2012 wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 4:10am:
rhino wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 11:17pm:

Touchy!

You don't expect the ABC to publish the whole truth do you? That link was for the headline

God willing you will refrain from using language that muslim terrorists use during their killing sprees

His family are middle eastern and apparently non practicing muslims

These are from a NZ news site and News.com ....

"I saw a lot of news articles saying about terrorism but a family doesn't have to practise Islam
- sister of Ney

Police reveal more details about alleged knifeman Mert Ney ... “He had some domestic violence issues linked back to his family, that again, were ... stabber's social media activity had included posts about converting to Islam.

He insisted he was only pretending to be a terrorist when he shouted “Allahu Akbar” and did the Islamic State salute so police would shoot him dead.
Why would I be touchy? Im just correcting your stupidity. Again for the thickos, that means you. Allah Akbar is not a term used exclusively by terrorists. All you had to do was read the article, you didnt, now you look stupid (again) read the article and the sentencing judges remarks. This attack was not motivated by Islam no matter what fairy stories you make up.

Quote:
It was an attack on behalf of ISIS, bet on it
yet, zero evidence, not a good bet.

[/quote]

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #208 - May 15th, 2021 at 3:23pm

So now, even when a muzzo starts ranting and raving in the name of Satan.

It's not a muzzo terrorist attack.

But if anyone else, nutcase or other than muzzo
It's immediately Right Wing Terrorism.

I see..........the lies, they come fast to muzzos and islamophiles,  don't They?

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #209 - May 15th, 2021 at 3:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 2:42pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 11:23am:

No guilt burden is required or intended.  Shame, on the otherhand is.  Shame that they are quite willing to partake of the proceeds of the crimes which cause Indigenous Australians from living in their land in the manner that they preferred. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

My point was regarding African-Americans' unidimensional sense of identify and the injustice of projecting this unidimensionality as race-based guilt on children of European descent.

Anway, now that we're here, define the difference between shame and guilt in this context.

Who are these 'they' that you speak of in the context of 'those who are quite willing to partake of the proceeds of the crimes'

Also, given you, undoubtedly, yourself live on former aboriginal land, feel free to return it to its rightful owners.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30
Send Topic Print