Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Islamic Attacks-Should Aussies Protect Themselves (Read 42738 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Islamic Attacks-Should Aussies Protect Themselves
Reply #180 - May 12th, 2021 at 5:36pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:27pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:14pm:
Islamophobia rules it seems.  People are so afraid of Islam that is all they think about, their fear.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What do you think about all day?

More than it appears the Islamophobes think about.  They only have one over-riding fear - their Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #181 - May 12th, 2021 at 5:40pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:36pm:
Islamophobia rules it seems.  People are so afraid of Islam that is all they think about, their fear.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

More than it appears the Islamophobes think about.  They only have one over-riding fear - their Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Islamophobia takes up most of your day... so leaving that aside...?

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #182 - May 12th, 2021 at 9:51pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:40pm:

Oh, no, it takes only a fraction of my day.  I have far more important matters to attend to.  You? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #183 - May 13th, 2021 at 8:32am

Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 9:51pm:

Oh, no, it takes only a fraction of my day.  I have far more important matters to attend to.  You? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yes, you have to get onto Dr Google and work out which new doctorates you will claim.

You have to tie your shoe laces, which is a 2 hour job for someone with your IQ.

and of course, you have to try and work out which way to open your door.

Busy, busy day.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #184 - May 13th, 2021 at 10:26am

Islamophobia interests me in the context of the human instinctive predisposition towards 'tribalism' - our instinctive tendency towards defining of 'the other' as an 'us' or a 'them'.

This instinct is a feature of all primates' neurological behaviour but in humans it reaches stratospheric levels such that it can be triggered in just about any situation; up to and including whether 'the other' is a 'them' because they're wearing sports attire of a rival team to yours.

It is so easily manipulable in humans that political / social / cultural / religious rhetoric is largely predicated on it.

Our predisposition towards it transcends IQ, education and almost anything else that would be considered human higher functioning.

And one thing is for certain: to try to 'tutt tutt', 'tsk tsk' or 'dearie dearie me' it away is 100% counterproductive and indicates only that the 'tutt-tutter' is trying to manifest a sense of moral / intellectual superiority over 'the other'...

Yeah, that's right... The tutt-tutter is also affected by the 'us and them' dichotomy but in a more grossly disingenuous way than his 'victim'.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #185 - May 14th, 2021 at 6:38am

NorthOfNorth wrote on May 13th, 2021 at 10:26am:

Islamophobia interests me in the context of the human instinctive predisposition towards 'tribalism' - our instinctive tendency towards defining of 'the other' as an 'us' or a 'them'.

This instinct is a feature of all primates' neurological behaviour but in humans it reaches stratospheric levels such that it can be triggered in just about any situation; up to and including whether 'the other' is a 'them' because they're wearing sports attire of a rival team to yours.

It is so easily manipulable in humans that political / social / cultural / religious rhetoric is largely predicated on it.

Our predisposition towards it transcends IQ, education and almost anything else that would be considered human higher functioning.

And one thing is for certain: to try to 'tutt tutt', 'tsk tsk' or 'dearie dearie me' it away is 100% counterproductive and indicates only that the 'tutt-tutter' is trying to manifest a sense of moral / intellectual superiority over 'the other'...

Yeah, that's right... The tutt-tutter is also affected by the 'us and them' dichotomy but in a more grossly disingenuous way than his 'victim'.

So, if you actually were morally / intellectually competent, you should at least cultivate in yourself a sense of duty to transcend the instinctively primal predisposition towards the dichotomy of 'us' and 'them'.

Sometimes that might be in the context of 'the buddha of wrath', sometimes with humour (as opposed to derision) and/or sometimes by empathically intuiting the mindset of the writers behind their written words.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #186 - May 14th, 2021 at 11:02am

NorthOfNorth wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 6:38am:
NorthOfNorth wrote on May 13th, 2021 at 10:26am:

So, if you actually were morally / intellectually competent, you should at least cultivate in yourself a sense of duty to transcend the instinctively primal predisposition towards the dichotomy of 'us' and 'them'.

Sometimes that might be in the context of 'the buddha of wrath', sometimes with humour (as opposed to derision) and/or sometimes by empathically intuiting the mindset of the writers behind their written words.

Sorry, I was demonstrating that Islamophobia is a long way down my priority list of concerns.  Were you worried I was ignoring you?  Fear not, I have returned to the issue. 

The matter of tribalism is something that affects most people at a basic level. It is what determines our allegiance to a football team or similar and our reaction towards the opposition.  In the matter of Islam the reaction of most Australians is coloured by what they have absorbed from the media in it's negative views of most Muslims. 

Most Australians have never encountered a Muslim.  They only know what they read/see/hear from the media about them.  I've served with, studied with, worked with numerous Muslims over the decades.  I've yet to encounter a bad one or a militant one.  Doesn't mean they don't exist, just that they are far rarer than most Islamophobes are willing to admit.

Their fears override all reasoned argument.  Which is why I resort to derision.  It doesn't get through to them but it effectively states my position on the issue.  They seek to persecute innocent people who's only crime is that they worship a different religion to the mainstream Christian one.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2021 at 11:14am by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #187 - May 14th, 2021 at 11:08am

Brian Ross wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 11:02am:
Sorry, I was demonstrating that Islamophobia is a long way down my priority list of concerns.  Were you worried I was ignoring you?  Fear not, I have returned to the issue. 

The matter of tribalism is something that affects most people at a basic level. It is what determines out allegiance to a football team or similar and our reaction towards the opposition.  In the matter of Islam the reaction of most Australians is coloured by what they have absorbed from the media in it's negative views of most Muslims. 

Most Australians have never encountered a Muslim.  They only know what they read/see/hear from the media about them.  I've served with, studied with, worked with numerous Muslims over the decades.  I've yet to encounter a bad one or a militant one.  Doesn't mean they don't exist, just that they are far rarer than most Islamophobes are willing to admit.

Their fears override all reasoned argument.  Which is why I resort to derision.  It doesn't get through to them but it effectively states my position on the issue.  They seek to persecute innocent people who's only crime is that they worship a different religion to the mainstream Christian one.

Not worried you were ignoring me, just wondering whether you were a coward.

I'm sure you'll find 'Christiophobes' peppered among a majority Muslim population as well... It's almost certain you will...

You'll find African-Americans who rant about 'white privilege' in the US and Indians who rant about '1st world privilege' in India referring to the same phenomenon.

It all depends on who's an 'us' and who's a 'them'.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #188 - May 14th, 2021 at 11:17am

NorthOfNorth wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 11:08am:
Not worried you were ignoring me, just wondering whether you were a coward.

Me, a coward?  Never.

Quote:
I'm sure you'll find 'Christiophobes' peppered among a majority Muslim population as well... It's almost certain you will...

There maybe but I have yet to encounter one.

Quote:
You'll find African-Americans who rant about 'white privilege' in the US and Indians who rant about '1st world privilege' in India referring to the same phenomenon.

It all depends on who's an 'us' and who's a 'them'.

Really?  I've yet to encounter a large number of African-Americans so I can't really comment about their views of what White/Asian/etc-Americans believe.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #189 - May 14th, 2021 at 11:29am

Brian Ross wrote on May 14th, 2021 at 11:17am:
Really?  I've yet to encounter a large number of African-Americans so I can't really comment about their views of what White/Asian/etc-Americans believe. 

I'm sure you've never met electrons either, but I'd doubt you'd disbelieve in the fact of their existence and general properties.

Maybe you should read a little of what Paul Rossi stood against when, as a teacher, he was forced to inculcate 'white' children in his classroom with race guilt because they are white. Even though the Principal of the school agreed with him, he was forced to 'take leave', be 're-educated' and ultimately had to resign.

Only African-Americans from slave ancestry have a unidimensional perception of race as their respective specific identities were annihilated by slavery... So, to them 'us' are black Americans and 'them' are white Americans... Curiously they don't seem to like to identify with Africans.

Very few, if any, white children identify themselves as 'white' in and of itself, having a multi-dimensional perception of their identity.

They may be American/Canadian/Australian etc... But they're also have their Irish/ Welsh/ English/ Scottish/ European etc.. ancestry as a dimension to their identity. They also have religion (particularly the low-resolution divide of Catholicism / Protestantism). They also have Euro-centric parochialism...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #190 - May 14th, 2021 at 4:58pm

I haven't met an electron.  I don't think anybody has.  However I know what I learnt in physics class many decades ago about what properties electrons display.

Before we discuss black versus white properties you must remember, American-Blacks were ex-slaves and the descendents of slaves for the most part.  Therefore what ever cultural identity they had were wiped out by the experience of being owned by White people.  So, before you can condemn them you need to understand where they are coming from.

In Australia, white colonial descendants have long accepted the propaganda that Black indigenous Australians were simple people, nomadic in their culture and all they ever invented was a "stick".  Alone comes various discoveries, usually by white Archaeologists that have discovered that most indigenous Australians were nomadic in their existence but there appear to have been exceptions at various times where potentially more sophisticated societies existed.  Whenever this is mentioned, there is torrent of abuse from White colonial descendents who refuse to accept the latest scientific findings and what it meant to Indigenous Australians. Such people often refuse to discuss the issue rationally, preferring argument ad huminem.

So Australia has a far basic level of Racism compared to the US.  The US refuses to accept Blacks as humans all too often.  Australians look down on Indigenous Australians 'cause that was how it always was for them.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #191 - May 14th, 2021 at 6:42pm

We don't look down on abbos for being abbos.

We look down on abbos for being lazy parasites.

Just a bit of a difference there stooopid.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #192 - May 14th, 2021 at 6:47pm

Racism rules it seems.  People are so afraid of other "races" that is all they think about, their fear.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #193 - May 14th, 2021 at 8:01pm

You seem to try and make out any post not in line with you makes someone afraid.

This means that you are projecting.

It is you who is the coward, like all muzzos.

Cowards that refuse to debate because you know you will lose.

Cowardly, frightened of white, Anglo Saxon, hetrosexual males.

Poor widdle bwyannnnnnnnn, fwitened of everything.

Cowardly custard.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - May 14th, 2021 at 9:09pm

The Court just protected Aussies somewhat by jailing this killer for 33 years non-parole. It wasn't for robbery, it wasn't for domestic violence, it wasn't for a drug deal gone wrong, and it wasn't resulting from unprovable self defense

So what was it all about, why did he do it? Well, we get a clue, he cried out "Allah Akbar" during his stabbing spree. I'm sure there's no need for me to say any more, except that we have this new type of religious attitude in Australia that can lead to violence in our community. An attitude and set of values that are different to the attitudes and values of the "Aussie" population. Some people of a certain religion are quite willing to sacrifice their lives or spend half their lives in prison to get their point across, that Western culture is not for them, nor should it be for anyone else

The man who murdered Sydney woman Michaela Dunn before terrorising the city’s streets with a knife has been sentenced to 44 years behind bars, for what a judge described as a "violent, terrifying and chaotic rampage".

Mert Ney repeatedly stabbed the 24-year-old in a CBD apartment in August 2019, before filming the crime scene on his phone and sending graphic videos to friends on social media.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-14/nsw-mert-ney-sentenced-to-44-years-behind...

Be aware and keep a look out for more of these killers in the future

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30
Send Topic Print