Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Islamic Attacks-Should Aussies Protect Themselves (Read 43026 times)
Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islamic Attacks-Should Aussies Protect Themselves
Reply #120 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 5:01pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 28th, 2020 at 2:26pm:
Thank you for the attempt at justifying this topic being subsumed under philosophy.
I suggest your argument fails on any number of counts but it’s obvious any attempt to persuade you to re-think this placement appears to be a waste of time. Given the sloppy moderation of this site I suspect you’ll happily be able to continue getting away with it .

Yes I'll be happy to continue because it's one philosophy versus another. One culminates in violence from time to time because of religious and societal beliefs. The other persists with peaceful values, rule of law and the freedom to escape the dictates of overbearing religious leaders

What would you say to the children of the elderly couple who died at the hands of Raghe Abdi last week? Any reassuring comment in your condolences would only be philosophical, don't you think? I doubt you'd say "Visit their graves once a year to ease your pain" or "We must make sacrifices for Australia and your parents were just in the wrong place at the wrong time" - No, I don't think you'd say those frivolous and callous statements

But what is just as frivolous and callous is "Thoughts and prayers, best wishes", with no intention of explaining why their parents had to die

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Dec 29th, 2020 at 1:13pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Dec 28th, 2020 at 2:26pm:
Thank you for the attempt at justifying this topic being subsumed under philosophy.
I suggest your argument fails on any number of counts but it’s obvious any attempt to persuade you to re-think this placement appears to be a waste of time. Given the sloppy moderation of this site I suspect you’ll happily be able to continue getting away with it .

Is this a philosophical point?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #122 - Jan 1st, 2021 at 10:35am

Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 28th, 2020 at 5:01pm:
What would you say to the children of the elderly couple who died at the hands of Raghe Abdi last week? Any reassuring comment in your condolences would only be philosophical, don't you think? I doubt you'd say "Visit their graves once a year to ease your pain" or "We must make sacrifices for Australia and your parents were just in the wrong place at the wrong time" - No, I don't think you'd say those frivolous and callous statements

But what is just as frivolous and callous is "Thoughts and prayers, best wishes", with no intention of explaining why their parents had to die

This is a classic example of tribalism.
Blame a whole culture for the actions of a few criminals but of course don't apply the same standards to your own "tribe"
This isn't philosophy, this is pure bigotry

There are numerous other forums for Bias to post his bigotry, the philosophy forum isn't one of them

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Jan 3rd, 2021 at 4:28pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 1st, 2021 at 10:35am:
Bias_2012 wrote on Dec 28th, 2020 at 5:01pm:

This is a classic example of tribalism.
Blame a whole culture for the actions of a few criminals but of course don't apply the same standards to your own "tribe"
This isn't philosophy, this is pure bigotry

There are numerous other forums for Bias to post his bigotry, the philosophy forum isn't one of them

I asked Ayn Marx what he would say to the children of the murdered elderly couple and as yet, there's been no reply

I'll ask you now, what would you say to the elderly couple's children to console them?, keeping in mind there might also be grandchildren and possibly great-grandchildren

Ayn Marx previously posted the dictionary definition of "Philosophy", you do remember that don't you?

It seems that Ayn can't understand a simple easy to understand statement in that definition, "
a theory or attitude that acts as a guiding principle for behaviour
." and yet he posted it.

The guiding principle for muslim attackers is to attack people with knives and vehicles because of societal differencences, is it not? They attack for no other reason than to show their disdain for the way the rest of us live our lives, true or not?

Such a belligerent philosophy is in conflict with the general philosophy that us Aussies have of "Live and let live", and it's a shame and a disappointment that you and Ayn Marx can't seem to separate the two in your minds, because they are certainly separate philosophies acting within the broader community. Only a twisted and maligned sense of "multiculturalism" could rationalize bringing them together

Again, what would you say to the elderly couple? ... and what was the reason they had to die? what are your philosophical thought on that?

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #124 - Jan 3rd, 2021 at 6:54pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 4:28pm:
What would you say to the children of the elderly couple who died at the hands of Raghe Abdi last week?

I’m not in the habit of attempting to speak with the dead. I’m also not in the habit of communicating with ‘minds’ such as yours. Although i may agree in general with your take on the evils of Islam I suggest your monumental obsession with that religion has tipped over into ranting gibberish that works against your own aims. Stop preaching to the converted and start looking around at the multitude of evils any form of fundamentalist ’true belief’ unleashes on our species.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Jan 3rd, 2021 at 8:18pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 6:54pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 3rd, 2021 at 4:28pm:
What would you say to the children of the elderly couple who died at the hands of Raghe Abdi last week?

I’m not in the habit of attempting to speak with the dead. I’m also not in the habit of communicating with ‘minds’ such as yours. Although i may agree in general with your take on the evils of Islam I suggest your monumental obsession with that religion has tipped over into ranting gibberish that works against your own aims. Stop preaching to the converted and start looking around at the multitude of evils any form of fundamentalist ’true belief’ unleashes on our species.

Well if you can't understand a simple question like "What would you say to the children", and just reply with "I'm not in the habit of attempting to speak with the dead", then I'm not surprised you don't realize the philosophical difference between "good" and "evil"

Islam is not necessarily evil if it's benign, passive to the rule of Australian law, accepting the rights of others which includes the right to live. But it does become evil when it kills people for religious and for societal reasons, societal reasons that are grossly different to the well established societal norms and values of Australia

If you have your own philosophy on Islamic attacks, let's read it, why do they happen, what are they about, and who should take responsibility for them in a political sense, how are they in the National Interest?

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Jan 17th, 2021 at 9:02pm

Apparently a jail sentence failed to convince this 25 year old male that Australia's rule of law and values are better than those of ISIS. He is likely to go back to jail for breaching a Court order: "Not to search for ISIS material"

Why was he so silly, all he had to do was to forget ISIS, get a job, save some money, and generally live the Australian dream. But instead he decided to continue with the evil ISIS thing. That's not the Australian way, it's very un-Australian by any measure 

ISIS associate re-arrested in Sydney after breaching control order, two weeks after release from jail

"We will allege the man failed to comply with a condition of his control order by accessing material online that supported the carrying out of executions, beheading and torture, less than two weeks since his release from jail."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/sydney-terror-arrest-man-accused-breaching-con...

Continue to be aware of this type of person in the community, ignoring them could place your life and those of your loved ones in jeopardy. Only weeks ago an elderly couple in Qld died at the hands of someone with the same evil ideology. He was shot dead by Police on a freeway, he's now a martyr in ISIS circles, and that was probably his great incentive

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #127 - Jan 18th, 2021 at 3:38pm

That has nothing to do with philosophy and should not be in this forum

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Super Nova
Gold Member

Everywhere
Reply #128 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 12:47pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 18th, 2021 at 3:38pm:

I agree. i was watching to see if it turned.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 6:23pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jan 18th, 2021 at 3:38pm:

Well, perhaps you'd now like to answer the question: "What would you say to the family survivors of the elderly couple who died at the hands of a muslim attacker in Qld some weeks ago?"

Would you say to them: "More people are killed in car accidents"

Or: "There's nothing we can do about Islamic attacks"

Or would you just chicken out and make sure you didn't have to say anything

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #130 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 6:28pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 3:37pm:
Should Aussies Protect Themselves

definitely.... may i suggest you hide under your bed until all Muslims are removed from this country.

What if a die-hard conservative still has reds under his bed?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #131 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 8:44pm

Every muzzo is a potential terrorist.

Male or female it matters not

Child or adult, they are indoctrinated into hate of everyone not muzzo.

They are all cowards, attacking defenceless, attacking in numbers.

But never one on one, because they are cowards.

They will pretend to be placid

They will pretend to conform

They will pretend to be tolerant

But deep down they all want to kill everyone who is not a retarded muzzo.

When their numbers get large enough, they start demanding and taking over.

It is then too late to stop them and they start enforcing their sick standards on everyone, even those not retarded muzzo.

When the time is right, they wipe out all who are not retarded muzzo and drive out any who are stroke enough to fight back.

There is only one cure for this disease
Send them all somewhere where they can practice their sick, perverted, violent cult away from normal human beings

And never let them near civilization ever again.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #132 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 8:51pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Still spreading your bullshit I see.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 9:23pm

How muslims gee themselves up to attack and kill people in the street ....

Religious Basis for Islamic Terrorism: The Quran and Its Interpretations

Extreme religious interpretations of the Quran and the movement of Islamic Revivalism influence the emergence and progression of violent Jihad in contemporary times. Islamic “terrorists” are able to legitimize their movement as an act of violent Jihad permitted by the Quran essentially because of religious sanctions that permit the use of violence as an act of defense and to preserve the will of God in Islamic communities.

The Quran systematizes this use and relates it to other aspects of the Shariat through its discourse on revivalism. Based on the Quranic principle of ijtihad, terrorists emphasize the Quran's tenets on violence and revivalism in their religious interpretations and present it as a legitimate premise for the use of excessive aggression. According to ijtihad Muslims can interpret and determine the extent of their Islamic practices individually as long as these are directed toward ensuring the will of God in an Islamic community.

Thus terrorists use ijtihad to emphasize Quranic clauses that sanction the use of violent Jihad as a method ordained by God to preserve the Shariat in an Islamic community. The manner in which terrorists use ijtihad to contextualize geopolitical factors as a cause for violent Jihad is determined by their extreme interpretations of the Quran.

---

In theory, while ever the Quran exists or not reformed, muslim terrorists will attack Aussies

According to our Govt, they are "Claytons" attacks, the attacks you're having when you're not having attacks

« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2021 at 10:03pm by Bias_2012 »  

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 9:30pm

Cont ...

These interpretations also determine the extent of violence used in a Jihad for religious amelioration. The religious legitimacy of this violence prevails until the cause and course of violent Jihad correlates with the Quran's discourse on violence and revivalism. In contemporary times an extreme interpretation of the movement of Revivalism 1 that is inspired by “revivalism” also provides an organized premise for Islamic terrorism. When implemented, this causes variations within specific geopolitical conditions and in different Jihadi groups. However a common understanding of religious doctrines determines the extent of Revivalism in Islamic communities because this movement relies heavily on the Quranic discourse for its existence.

Read a bit more here ...

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10576100600781612?journalCode=uter20

Not really compatible with our peaceful "live and let live" way of life

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30
Send Topic Print