Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Joke of the Day..Bad children! (Read 1111 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Joke of the Day..Bad children!
Reply #15 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 1:13pm

cods wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 10:39am:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/nsw-fireys-union-boss-leighton-drury-...

The state secretary of the NSW Fire Brigade Employees’ Union is accused of racking up nearly $1500 on KFC meals, cigarettes, alcohol and other personal items using his work-issued credit card, in breach of union policy.

But the union is standing by official Leighton Drury, saying it had accepted his reasons for part of the spending: his children had taken his credit card and used the “Tap and Go” function to make the purchases.

The suspect transactions were identified in a complaint made in April to senior officials at the FBEU and called for an audit of Mr Drury’s spending.

The employee who made the complaint, a senior industrial officer, subsequently resigned with three other colleagues.

Two were serving firefighters on secondment to the union while the others were civilian employees.

All four had a cumulative 70 years of experience between them at the time of their departure.

The Union said confidentiality agreements precluded any discussion of the resignations.

The Sunday Telegraphhas obtained bank records, email correspondence and other documents that show Mr Drury’s card was repeatedly used during the last financial year to buy items with no obvious benefit to the union.

The union’s policy on personal expenditure is stringent.

It states credit cards “must not be used for personal expenses under any circumstances … even if the cardholder intends to reimburse the union”.

A credit card statement for the months of February and March this year indicate purchases of $24.05 at an Ashfield KFC, $48.95 at a Surry Hills newsagent, $54 at the Hotel Hollywood in Surry Hills, $93.85 at a tobacconist at Ettalong and $91.90 at a tobacconist at Waterloo.

It also recorded $58.45 at a Ballina IGA, $48.89 at The Cellar at Ballina, $32.95 from a Coles Express at Waterloo and $15 worth of spending at Liquorland, Summer Hill.

Mr Drury self-reported some of this spending in an email dated April 5, 2018, to a colleague, in which he raised concerns about his children using the card to buy the personal items.

Despite this, purchases at liquor stores and tobacconists continued to accrue on the card in the subsequent months.

In total, he was asked to reimburse nearly $1500 to the union.

He did not respond to a request for comment from The Sunday Telegraph.

Union President Mick Nairn said the transactions were “appropriately reported” and denied there had been any misappropriation of funds, per the complaint.

“The Secretary of the FBEU has always conducted himself in an open and transparent manner, reporting to and working with the Union’s Committee of Management,” Mr Nairn said.

“Any transaction that required reimbursement was appropriately reported as such, and has been reimbursed.”

The union’s credit card policy was devised in the aftermath of the Trade Union Royal Commission, which highlighted several criminal charges available for the misuse of credit cards and misappropriation of funds.

Mr Nairn said the union’s policies were now being reviewed to ensure its rules around credit card usage were “appropriate to the operations of a modern union”.

what an excuse... the kids did it... Grin Grin Grin Grin

and they accept it... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

why not the whistleblowers gone. Roll Eyes

Waste of time giving links that require subscription to open.

Other than that I see no problem with your attempted Union Bash.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 1:56pm

AiA wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:42pm:
AiA wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:23pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:13pm:
AiA wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:09pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:06pm:
AiA wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 12:04pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 11:57am:
AiA wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 11:52am:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 11:46am:
Cods believes corruption is funny?

She's not that drunk.

She hasn't fallen over? ... yet!

The sun is over the yardarm.

Binge drinking white wine isn't as harmless as cods thinks ...

"Cods thinks" is an oxymoron.

Has a lifetime of drinking destroyed her powers of cognition?

Cods not longer cognizes, she codnizes which equates to using less mental effort than a bowel movement requires.

a fecal transplant may be the answer ...

With Fuzzball's DNA?

Fuzzball was repeatedly raped in the arse at the insane asylum so his faeces would display a wide array of DNA ...

It was consensual. Its Fuzzball getting mental stimulation.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 3:39pm

a friend of mine had her 9 yr old spend over $1000 on her credit card after just one hour on the internet.

It's not so implausible that kids use their parents cards.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 4:05pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 3:39pm:
a friend of mine had her 9 yr old spend over $1000 on her credit card after just one hour on the internet.

Tap and go at a liquor store....How old are his kids and why weren't they charged with theft....Sounds like bullshit to me???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 4:12pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 4:05pm:

Tap and go at a liquor store....How old are his kids and why weren't they charged with theft....Sounds like bullshit to me???

Huh Huh Huh

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to find out it's bullshit. Wink

If it was your 18yr old child who used your card Phil, would you just pay the bill or would you have your child charged?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 4:28pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 4:12pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 18th, 2019 at 4:05pm:

Huh Huh Huh

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to find out it's bullshit. Wink

If it was your 18yr old child who used your card Phil, would you just pay the bill or would you have your child charged?

I would presume the decision to charge an 18 year old with theft (which if true that is what it is) would be taken by the Union based on their policies not the adults parent....My children would never steal from me John (well not the son anyway)???

Wink Wink Wink

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print