Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
PNAS Report (Might as well die) (Read 1417 times)
Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
PNAS Report (Might as well die)
Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:06am

PNAS claims that global warming is feeding into other geophysical processes that aren’t directly related to carbon dioxide emissions, such as the mass release of methane from permafrost melting.

Goodbye Jumbo

So this convergence is producing what PNAS calls a  “Hothouse Earth,” where global warming comes on so suddenly that it is no longer directly related to the capitalist burning of fossil fuels and...and there would be no way to contain it.

Eat a dick, climate deniers

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: PNAS Report (Might as well die)
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:08pm

You mean in other interglacials the permafrost didn't melt? Or perhaps in other interglacials it was a different methane that had an even shorter lifespan?

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:35am

lee wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:08pm:
You mean in other interglacials the permafrost didn't melt? Or perhaps in other interglacials it was a different methane that had an even shorter lifespan?

No. No...and no.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:09pm

Marla wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:35am:
No. No...and no.

Ok I will accept the last two. Now provide a reference for the first. Wink

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 5:04pm

Marla wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:06am:
PNAS claims that global warming is feeding into other geophysical processes that aren’t directly related to carbon dioxide emissions, such as the mass release of methane from permafrost melting.

https://assets3.thrillist.com/v1/image/2681983/size/sk-2017_04_article_main_mobi...
Goodbye Jumbo

So this convergence is producing what PNAS calls a  “Hothouse Earth,” where global warming comes on so suddenly that it is no longer directly related to the capitalist burning of fossil fuels and...and there would be no way to contain it.

Eat a dick, climate deniers

Hey porcupine I see you're back to your usual self promoting global warming paraphernalia.

Don't worry love we're not going to die and I'm sure whatever is going to happen has already happened before as we all know climate change is real and never ending.

So don't go jumping of a bridge any time soon, it will be all for nothing.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 8:51am

Look at that, everybody. Koch-funded tool Ajax has himself a map that makes no sense and doesn't explain god damn thing.

Nevermind how permafrost contains huge quantities of organic matter which sequesters carbon that has been frozen in place for thousands of years and that the rapid thawing and consequent decomposition of this organic matter would release vast amounts of methane, contributing significantly to the greenhouse effect warming the atmosphere already resulting from the burning of fossil fuels.

No, forget because Ajax has a map that doesn't explain a single god damn thing

Also nevermind that tis rapid thawing sets up another positive-feedback loop; increasing the greenhouse effect leads to more rapid and extensive permafrost melting, releasing more methane, in turn intensifying the greenhouse effect, thus further accelerating permafrost melting, and so on.

Ajax has a map.  Grin

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 9:22am

Eat a dick, climate deniers.

A long time ago, tropical forests grew in what is now Antarctica.

go WWW search.

i.e.
'The world turns.'  .....dear.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 9:29am

Yadda wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 9:22am:

Eat a dick, climate deniers.

A long time ago, tropical forests grew in what is now Antarctica.

go WWW search.

i.e.
'The world turns.'  .....dear.

How could they have been "tropical" when the Antarctic is not in the same latitude?

As the bigot turns...stupid hippie.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 1:41pm

Marla wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 9:29am:
How could they have been "tropical" when the Antarctic is not in the same latitude?

You didn't do history or geography?

Antarctica was once part of Pangaea.

"THE world’s ultimate jigsaw puzzle will be missing a couple of pieces when it is next put together. A Pangaea-like supercontinent is forecast to form in 250 million years, but a new model predicts that superplumes rising from hotspots deep in the Earth’s mantle will keep South America and Antarctica from re-merging with the other continents.

Supercontinents form, break apart, then form again every few hundred million years. Geophysicists have traced the process back to early in Earth’s history by measuring magnetic fields in ancient rocks, and some have attempted to extrapolate from the present motion of the plates the likely shape of the next supercontinent."

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21128304-400-the-next-pangaea-will-have-p...

So according to the model it can't ever be tropical again. Of course models have been known to be wrong. Wink

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 1:45pm

It's like the rainforest under your armpit. A mystery.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 9:50am

Marla wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 8:51am:
Look at that, everybody. Koch-funded tool Ajax has himself a map that makes no sense and doesn't explain god damn thing.

Nevermind how permafrost contains huge quantities of organic matter which sequesters carbon that has been frozen in place for thousands of years and that the rapid thawing and consequent decomposition of this organic matter would release vast amounts of methane, contributing significantly to the greenhouse effect warming the atmosphere already resulting from the burning of fossil fuels.

No, forget because Ajax has a map that doesn't explain a single god damn thing

Also nevermind that tis rapid thawing sets up another positive-feedback loop; increasing the greenhouse effect leads to more rapid and extensive permafrost melting, releasing more methane, in turn intensifying the greenhouse effect, thus further accelerating permafrost melting, and so on.

Ajax has a map.  Grin

Only a weed smoking pill popping imbecile would believe anything that comes out of the oligarchy driven UNITED NATIONS IPCC....... Kiss

Is that Koch or Kooch brothers dear.............. Kiss

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 10:09am

lee wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:09pm:
Marla wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:35am:
No. No...and no.

Ok I will accept the last two. Now provide a reference for the first. Wink

What is there to suggest that it didn't occur the same way in all past similar events, basic logic would say that it is an unavoidable consequence of excessive warming ?

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 11:46am

Ajax wrote on Aug 25th, 2019 at 9:50am:
Only a weed smoking pill popping imbecile would believe anything that comes out of the oligarchy driven UNITED NATIONS IPCC....... Kiss

Is that Koch or Kooch brothers dear.............. Kiss

Better than a fossil industry "researched" map, dumbass.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 25th, 2019 at 5:09pm

Dnarever wrote on Aug 25th, 2019 at 10:09am:
What is there to suggest that it didn't occur the same way in all past similar events, basic logic would say that it is an unavoidable consequence of excessive warming ?

Exactly. And the world didn't die. Wink

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #14 - Aug 31st, 2019 at 1:53pm

Not the world, you stupid hippie, us

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print