Yes    
  7 (63.6%)
No    
  4 (36.4%)

Total votes: 11
« Created by: Bobby. on: Aug 26th, 2019 at 12:38pm »

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32
Send Topic Print
Pell Court of Appeal Decision (Read 30277 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Pell Court of Appeal Decision
Reply #420 - Sep 12th, 2019 at 12:09pm

This should give Pell some cheer.

Link.

Quote:
A JUNK mail deliverer found guilty of murdering Macleay Island grandmother Liselotte Watson will be released from prison after the High Court quashed his conviction.

Steven Fennell will be released immediately, having spent nearly seven years in jail, after Australia’s highest court found his conviction was unreasonable and unsupported by evidence.

Seven bloody years!!!!!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #421 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 4:58pm

So.......Pell is (unsurprisingly) off to the High Court.  I reckon the High Court will grant leave to appeal.....not sure after that......because this issue of being convicted on the totally uncorroborated evidence of a complainant when there is a total denial and questions about surroundings circumstances needs definition.

Link.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #422 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 2:13pm

Inspector Jacques Clouseau-Bolt.  Interesting analysis:

Link.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #423 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 2:15pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 26th, 2019 at 2:13pm:
Inspector Jacques Clouseau-Bolt.  Interesting analysis:

Link.

Pay wall   Sad

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #424 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 2:40pm

That's odd.  I could access it.  Anyway:

Quote:
Last Sunday, I walked the route a man says he took as a 13-year-old choirboy before he was raped by Cardinal George Pell. I timed it. And I am stunned.

Did Victoria’s most senior judges make a terrible mistake in their maths when they ruled against Pell last month?

Did they keep an innocent man in jail, convicted of sexual assaults he could not possibly have done?

Pell is now asking the High Court for leave to appeal against the two-to-one finding last month of Victoria’s Court of Appeal, which decided the jury verdict against Pell was not unreasonable.

Pell’s 12-page application makes a powerful case that Chief Justice Anne Ferguson and Court of Appeal president Chris Maxwell set an impossibly high hurdle — and a legally mistaken one — by effectively making Pell prove his innocence.

The two judges in effect ruled that as long as it was possible Pell did one highly unlikely thing after another, it was open to a jury to declare him guilty beyond reasonable doubt — even though taken together the unlikely may seem impossible.

So the jury could reasonably believe Pell slipped away from his procession after Mass, didn’t stay to talk to parishioners as usual, escaped the MC who always accompanied him, found and raped two boys he didn’t know and raped them in the normally busy sacristy with the door open.
George Pell arrives at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court. Picture: AP
George Pell arrives at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court. Picture: AP

Oh and he did this when one of the boys, now dead, told his mother he didn’t.

But it was something else that got me walking the route that Pell’s sole accuser said he took — a line in Pell’s application quoting what the two judges themselves said must have happened if the accusations against Pell were true.

They said the only time Pell could have assaulted the two boys in the sacristy was in the five or six minutes of “private prayer time” immediately after Mass finished.

After that, the servers would be going in and out, bringing back things used in the Mass and stored in the sacristy.

The two judges had also said that “quiet time” started when the choir (including Pell’s accuser) formed a procession, led by five servers dressed in black, and “processed” to the Cathedral’s front door.

To be precise, the evidence was the quiet time started as the procession walked up the central aisle.
A map of St Patrick’s Cathedral.
A map of St Patrick’s Cathedral.

The judges said the procession then walked around the Cathedral to a gate near the back, opening to a corridor inside.

The servers would then turn left, to walk just 8m to the sacristy, where they’d store their cross and start the clean up. The choir would turn right and go to their room.

It was at that moment, the accuser told the court, that he and the second alleged victim decided to sneak off.

They doubled back to enter a side door of the cathedral, and turned back again to go to the sacristy. There Pell found them and raped them over some five minutes.

But can you see the obviously impossible?

Where were the servers? When the boys supposedly escaped the procession, the servers at the front were just 8m from the sacristy themselves.

They must have reached it before the two boys got there from the other side. There was zero chance then of Pell then finding five minutes to rape the boys without being seen.

How was this not stark-staring obvious?

But I mentioned my walk. Remember, the judges said the boys must have been raped in the five or six minutes of private prayer time after the Mass, or they could not have been raped at all.

So I walked the route Pell’s accuser said he took after that Mass and I timed it.

Up the centre aisle with the procession: one minute.

Around the Cathedral with the procession to the gate at the back: 2½ minutes.

Back to the Cathedral’s side door, running much of the way: 40 seconds.

Walking to the sacristy: 20 seconds.

“Poking” around, opening a cupboard, finding altar wine and taking a “few swigs”: one minute.

BLOG WITH ANDREW BOLT

MORE ANDREW BOLT

Do the maths: that adds up to five minutes and 30 seconds — all that “quiet time” of “five or six minutes”.

That leaves just 30 secs at most for Pell to allegedly find the boys, rape one, abuse the other, fondle himself, dress and leave — an assault the prosecution agreed must have taken about five minutes.

That’s the maths. And it adds up to this: this rape could not possibly have happened.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #425 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 2:46pm

Here is the diagram:

Pell_Bolt_Map.PNG (220 KB | 22 )
Pell_Bolt_Map.PNG

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #426 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 12:36pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 4:58pm:
So.......Pell is (unsurprisingly) off to the High Court.  I reckon the High Court will grant leave to appeal.....not sure after that......because this issue of being convicted on the totally uncorroborated evidence of a complainant when there is a total denial and questions about surroundings circumstances needs definition.

Link.

I got this one right.  Pell granted leave to Appeal.

Link.

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #427 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 1:05pm

Bolt is on the side of Pell.....it is no wonder he would find evidence that suggest Pell innocent, he is biased and a liar and a paid influencer ..whether Pell is guilty or not, all he has so far is an appeal to the court, he is certainly complicit in covering up sex crimes in the church....the real crime is celibacy that attracts evil priest.

By all account Pell is not that well and not long before he will likely kick the bucket and meet his maker who will judge his innocence or guilt...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #428 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 1:17pm

Pedro Curevo wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 1:05pm:
Bolt is on the side of Pell.....it is no wonder he would find evidence that suggest Pell innocent, he is biased and a liar and a paid influencer ..whether Pell is guilty or not, all he has so far is an appeal to the court, he is certainly complicit in covering up sex crimes in the church....the real crime is celibacy that attracts evil priest.

By all account Pell is not that well and not long before he will likely kick the bucket and meet his maker who will judge his innocence or guilt...

I don't care that much for Pell, and Bolt is just a filthy little gossip columnist who shouldn't even be given the time of day.

However, I'm on the side of justice, and I honestly can't see how Pell was convicted.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #429 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:35pm

can you produced the knowledge you have about that?   thank you..

I too happen to believe he should be allowed an appeal......I thought his trial was flawed ....and a little more than BIASED... Angry Angry.

if as you claim he is close to meeting his maker...

that also makes me wonder about his guilt..

like it or not  this man has dedicated his life to God. he believes in all the teachings of the church.....

and repenting on ones death bed is one of them..

he would need to confess his sins.....imo....

he is being punished  since this first came to light...he did return to clear his name....he has been destroyed   

what else can happen to him should he now confess??????????....how much worse can it get?.

I dont know if he is or isnt guilty.....all I do know is  I had no faith in that being a fair  trial.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #430 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:43pm

cods wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:35pm:

I too happen to believe he should be allowed an appeal......I thought his trial was flawed ....and a little more than BIASED... Angry Angry.

like it or not  this man has dedicated his life to God. he believes in all the teachings of the church.....

he is being punished  since this first came to light...he did return to clear his name....he has been destroyed   

what else can happen to him should he now confess??????????....how much worse can it get?.

I dont know if he is or isnt guilty.....all I do know is  I had no faith in that being a fair  trial.

But did Pell do it or not?
I don't know what to think in this case.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #431 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:47pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:43pm:
ods wrote Today at 2:35pm:
Pedro Curevo wrote Today at 1:05pm:

I too happen to believe he should be allowed an appeal......I thought his trial was flawed ....and a little more than BIASED...  .

I just told you bobby?.....to me the evidence didnt stack up...

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #432 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:49pm

cods wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:47pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:43pm:
ods wrote Today at 2:35pm:
Pedro Curevo wrote Today at 1:05pm:

I too happen to believe he should be allowed an appeal......I thought his trial was flawed ....and a little more than BIASED...  .

I just told you bobby?.....to me the evidence didnt stack up...

And why didn't at least one of those young boys try to bite Pell's cock off?
At least there would have been some evidence.
That point was never mentioned anywhere.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #433 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:53pm

bobby get real... you are talking about 13 yr olds...they wouldnt know what the hell was going to happen ... if it happened.....no good dragging all that up again....

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #434 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:56pm

cods wrote on Nov 13th, 2019 at 2:53pm:
bobby get real... you are talking about 13 yr olds...they wouldnt know what the hell was going to happen ... if it happened.....no good dragging all that up again....

But it's a good point -
that wasn't a very safe place for Pell's cock during a sex attack.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32
Send Topic Print