Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Google Censoring Conservative Media. (Read 5813 times)
SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Google Censoring Conservative Media.
Reply #15 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:07am

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:02am:
Conservates: We want the Government to leave us and our businesses alone, less regulation, less red/green tape, leave it to the private sector, they know best.

Also Conservatives: We don't like how these companies are acting, we want the Government to step in tell them how to operate to suit us.

Handing that power to the Government is dangerous, and knowing Trump, it will be an overreach, it will have bypassed the normal congressional process because he can't negotiate his way out of a paper bag making clawing back these powers even harder, none of his supporters will say anything, Trump won't be in office anymore and they'll scream bloody murder when the Liberals change anything using these powers but they'll be nothing they can do about it.

We get it,

You only believe in freedom of speech when its something you agree with.

You also support criminals who try to change the results to free elections.

You want to take away Second Amendment rights so that you can install a dictatorship to beat down a defenceless society.

Hitler would have been proud of you  Smiley

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:09am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 11:50pm:
aquascoot wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 3:20pm:
James Damore, a former Google engineer who was fired in August after posting a memo to an internal Google message board arguing that women may not be equally represented in tech because they are biologically less capable of engineering, has filed a class action lawsuit against the company in Santa Clara Superior Court in Northern California.

His claims: that Google unfairly discriminates against white men whose political views are unpopular with its executives.

Damore is joined in the 161-page suit by another former Google engineer named David Gudeman, who spent three years with Google working on a query engine. According to Gudeman’s LinkedIn profile, he left the company in December 2016 and has been self-employed since.

The lawsuit, filed by Dhillon Law Group, says it aims to represent all employees of Google who’ve been discriminated against due to their “perceived conservative political views by Google,” due to “their male gender by Google” and “due to their Caucasian race by Google.”

More specifically, it accuses Google of singling out, mistreating and systematically punishing and terminating employees who “expressed views deviating from the majority view at Google on political subjects raised in the workplace and relevant to Google’s employment policies and its business, such as ‘diversity’ hiring policies, ‘bias sensitivity’ or ‘social justice’…”

Damore isn’t holding back any punches here. According to his filing, Google employs “illegal hiring quotas to fill its desired percentages of women and favored minority candidates, and openly shames managers of business units who fail to meet their  quotas—in the process, openly denigrating male and Caucasian employees as less favored than others.”

The suit also claims that the “numerical presence of women celebrated at Google” was based “solely due to their gender” while the “presence of Caucasians and males was mocked with ‘boos’ during company wide weekly meetings.”

This is significant.
It would not have been possible under Hillary.

This sort of reality language is only possible under Trump.

Google has also been working with the Chinese Military and has recently declined to work with the US Military.

Its time to take these Traitors down  Angry

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #17 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:57am

SerialBrain9 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:07am:
We get it,

Hey asshole, Google is a private company. They have no legal responsibility to take heed of Constitutional laws. Understand, shiferbrains?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 4:45pm

A complaint by Project Veritas is worthless.  As anyone and everyone knows, any group or company with 'truth' in their name, is not after truth or proclaiming it. IN fact, quite he contrary.

Project Veritas has a long record of lying, false claims and general seeking to misrepresent facts.

and anyhow... Google can do what it wants. It is a private company.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #19 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:14pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:02am:
Conservates: We want the Government to leave us and our businesses alone, less regulation, less red/green tape, leave it to the private sector, they know best.

Also Conservatives: We don't like how these companies are acting, we want the Government to step in tell them how to operate to suit us.

Handing that power to the Government is dangerous, and knowing Trump, it will be an overreach, it will have bypassed the normal congressional process because he can't negotiate his way out of a paper bag making clawing back these powers even harder, none of his supporters will say anything, Trump won't be in office anymore and they'll scream bloody murder when the Liberals change anything using these powers but they'll be nothing they can do about it.

We get it,

You want to take away Second Amendment rights so that you can install a dictatorship to beat down a defenceless society.

If it was a freedom of speech issue, only the right would be targeted.  The truth is it's not just the right being targeted but, of course, the liars on the right with an agenda to push ignore them.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 8:31am

Marla wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:57am:
We get it,

Hey asshole, Google is a private company. They have no legal responsibility to take heed of Constitutional laws. Understand, shiferbrains?

Governments have been known to pass legislation to regulate the behaviour of private companies, Harry Armpits.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #21 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:11am

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 8:31am:
Marla wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 8:57am:
We get it,

Governments have been known to pass legislation to regulate the behaviour of private companies, Harry Armpits.

And the Right are the ones who campaign against that.  Reduce regulation, cut red tape, cut green tape etc etc...

When it suits them.

Project Vertias have done they're claiming Google are doing.  They're not telling the full story, they're not telling the full story, only the aspects that suit their narrative, and those who like what they have to say don't want to know the full story because they like their biases and options being reinforced because it makes them feel right.

The insecurity of those on the right is feeding the true cause of fake news.

Again, like everything else the right make a bit deal about, fake news, censorship, free speech, Government overreach, etc, they don't care about those issues when it's the rights of others being trampled in their favour, but will speak out like they're the most important issues the country faces the moment they feel it's their rights at risk.

Remember when the US Debt was all Obama's fault and a huge emergency, so much so the Republicans would use it as justification to fight everything Obama tried to do, "How are you going to pay for it", and even now against the Dem candidates, they're saying the same thing.

But now that the reduction in debt has been reversed from Obama's hard work to what Trump is doing now, not a peep.  No longer do they care about debt...

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #22 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:36am

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 8:31am:

Grin

"Have been known"? Say, aren't you right-wing troll all against regulations? Have any "have been known" examples, bridge artard?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #23 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:56am

Reading the documents I am finding it difficult to find support for the claims made.

There is a list that ranks the news value of news sites. I would expect that Brairbeet would rank below the ABC and that FOX news would be in between these and at or near the bottom end of genuine news outlets.

A search engine has to have some algorithms to select stories based on likely value or it isn't a search engine.

The article does not mention that many sites with a low ranking are from the more extreme left. Does anyone really find it a surprise that the more extreme biased outlets are rated lower in value be they right or left politically ?

There are lots of docs about AI fairness, it is mostly about how difficult it is and how to get it right. There is a lot about current unfairness- perceptions and problems.

Youtube has a black list, it is dominated by mass shootings and massacres, anyone surprised that Youtube do not want to play video's of these events ? Much of it may be illegal. Not exactly contentious is it.

Documents about algorithmic unfairness are about the problems and how to fix them.

Looking at the stories it should not be so difficult to find something contentious.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:27am

I couldn't be a.r.s.e.d arguing. But just posting 'They're a private company...blah blah';  just doesn't cut it , Harry.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #25 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:29pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:27am:
I couldn't be a.r.s.e.d arguing. But just posting 'They're a private company...blah blah';  just doesn't cut it , Harry.

Conservatives didn't care about 1st Amendment Rights when Kaepernick took a knee, but now that some of them are stupid enough to buy into the conspiracy and think they're being targeted, now they care.

Too late.

They're wrong about the entire premise, but even if they weren't, what kind of horseshit is this..?

You can't simply hold up the constitution when it suits.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 8:33pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:27am:
I couldn't be a.r.s.e.d arguing.

Not at all, dear, you couldn't be a.r.s.e.d thinking.

There's a good chap.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #27 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 8:42am

We get it,

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 9:23am

Can you please be a dear and not trim posts when you quote? I know it makes it a bit harder to conjure up your sparkling wit but I'm sure you can still come up with some 'A' material.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 9:24am

Negroid ghetto speak just sounds retarded.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print