Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Scumo to bribe poor islands with 500 mill hush (Read 5416 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Scumo to bribe poor islands with 500 mill hush
Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:30pm

Check it out. The LNP is going to compensate for wrecking the planet by bribing poor islands with 500 mill of hush money Sad

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/australia-to-redirect-500-million-in-for...

Quote:
Australia to redirect $500 million in foreign aid to new Pacific projects

Tuvalu: Australia will redirect more than half a billion dollars in foreign aid towards renewable energy projects and disaster relief throughout the Pacific, as Prime Minister Scott Morrison faces direct calls from leaders to "do more" to curb the threat facing the region.

Mr Morrison will unveil a $500 million climate change and oceans package at the Pacific Islands Forum on Wednesday, promising Australia will be a "champion" of the environment and ensure the Pacific remained economically stable and "sovereign politically".

Pacific Island leaders held a climate roundtable ahead of the forum in Funafuti, the capital of Tuvalu, on Monday, highlighting the need for Australia play a bigger role to address the issues many low-lying nations face through climate change.

The historic meeting took place amid growing concern by Western nations over China's influence in the region as Beijing attempts to buy favour with massive foreign aid projects in return for bolstering its military presence.

Fijian Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama appealed directly to Australia on Monday to transition away from coal-powered energy and said the Coalition must “more fully appreciate” the threat facing Pacific nations.

But he warned other nations about lecturing the Morrison government about emissions over the coming days, recognising coal had helped build a strong economy which in turn supported the region.

He said it was not for Fiji nor any other nation "to be prescriptive" as to how Australia ran its affairs, but added as a leader in the region it should do everything possible to achieve a fast transition to low-emission energy sources.

“That transition should be just for your own people and just for us here in the Pacific, where we face an existential threat that you don’t face and challenges we expect your governments and people to more fully appreciate," Mr Bainimarama said.

Mr Morrison said Australia recognised the climate change challenges the Pacific faced.
He said he would detail a new package from existing aid funds to help Pacific nations invest in renewable energy and climate and disaster resilience.

“The Pacific is our home, which we share as a family of nations. We’re here to work with our Pacific partners to confront the potential challenges they face in the years ahead,” Mr Morrison said.

“This highlights our commitment to not just meeting our emissions reduction obligations at home but supporting our neighbours and friends."

Mr Morrison said Australia was doing it part to cut global emissions and had set out "to the last tonne" how it would meet its 2030 target under the Paris Agreement.

The additional $500 million will be used to invest in renewable energy, ensure new infrastructure can withstand disasters and better equip health services to adapt to changing needs.

He said the federal government had already contributed to funding new roads and bridges that were more resilient to extreme weather in Papua New Guinea, the Tina River Hydropower project in the Solomon Islands and building climate resilient schools in Kiribati.

The government has also set aside $140 million from the aid budget for the Australian Private Sector Mobilisation Climate Fund to harness private sector investments in low emissions technology for the Pacific and South-East Asia.

Tuvalu Prime Minister Enele Sopoaga told the forum on Monday he had concerns about Australia’s coal policy - which he had previously expressed to Mr Morrison - and warned the positive relationship could change if the future of his people was not taken seriously.

“I hope we can be more understanding that the people of Tuvalu and small island countries are already submerged, are already going underwater,” Mr Sopoaga said.

“I certainly hope we do not come to that juncture to say we cannot go on talking about partnerships.. while you keep pouring your coal emissions into the atmosphere that is killing my people and drowning my people into the water.”

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Scumo to bribe poor islands with 500 mill hush
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:50pm

All done with borrowed money.

We don't have our own money to give.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:50am

Typical dumbass Nails and his best mate Bobby nodding in unison. Every dollar spent in foreign aid earns us $7.10 in exports you dopey clown. We actually turn a profit. What a pair of ignorant simpletons.

https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/aid-study-shows-every-1-spent-returns-710-i...

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:55am

crocodile wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:50am:
Typical dumbass Nails and his best mate Bobby nodding in unison. Every dollar spent in foreign aid earns us $7.10 in exports you dopey clown. We actually turn a profit. What a pair of ignorant simpletons.

https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/aid-study-shows-every-1-spent-returns-710-i...

Then why has the Coalition continued to cut foreign aid....Your defense contradicts the reality that the Coalition have reduced foreign aid doesn't it???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-02/federal-budget-foreign-aid-slashed-by-mor...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 10:45am

Coooo-rrect - we send more coconuts to the islands than they send to us.....

If they were smart they'd invite the Chinese to build their islands up, put in an airstrip, naval base etc... no problem-o ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 11:08am

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:55am:

Then why has the Coalition continued to cut foreign aid....Your defense contradicts the reality that the Coalition have reduced foreign aid doesn't it???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-02/federal-budget-foreign-aid-slashed-by-mor...

I don't believe I mentioned the actions of the government in any way, shape or form. The only comment is in relation to the sheer ignorance shown by that boofhead Nails and his mate who has been felating him with every post.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 11:20am

crocodile wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 11:08am:

Huh Huh Huh

I don't believe I mentioned the actions of the government in any way, shape or form. The only comment is in relation to the sheer ignorance shown by that boofhead Nails and his mate who has been felating him with every post.

So ignoring the contradiction in your post makes your whole argument hollow doesn't it???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 11:20am:

Huh Huh Huh

So ignoring the contradiction in your post makes your whole argument hollow doesn't it???

Huh Huh Huh

How do you work that one out. I haven't contradicted anything, just pointing out to the ignoramus that foreign aid is net positive as far as investment return goes. Nothing hollow about any of it. It is the truth and backed up by scholarly research.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 3:03pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:50pm:
All done with borrowed money.

We don't have our own money to give.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 5:31pm

crocodile wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

How do you work that one out. I haven't contradicted anything, just pointing out to the ignoramus that foreign aid is net positive as far as investment return goes. Nothing hollow about any of it. It is the truth and backed up by scholarly research.

My point is the Coalition cut foreign aid and the cheer squad tells us that it is a good thing....When the Coalition gift Pacific Nations foreign aid the the cheer squad tells us that it is a good thing and every dollar spent in foreign aid earns us $7.10 in exports....You cannot see the contradiction because you defend anything the Coalition does.....Personally I think Foreign Aid is a good thing and should never have been cut???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 5:42pm

This is all about China. China has it's claws into the Soloman's  and Australia wants to take these claws out.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 6:27pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
crocodile wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

My point is the Coalition cut foreign aid and the cheer squad tells us that it is a good thing....When the Coalition gift Pacific Nations foreign aid the the cheer squad tells us that it is a good thing and every dollar spent in foreign aid earns us $7.10 in exports....You cannot see the contradiction because you defend anything the Coalition does.....Personally I think Foreign Aid is a good thing and should never have been cut???

Huh Huh Huh

Fukk me, you're as dopey as that clueless twit Nails. What has the cheer squad got to do with me. Where have I defended the actions of cutting foreign aid. I don't defend everything the coalition does either. You made it up. I defend good policy and pan poor policy regardless of the source. Where's the cheer squad hailing the virtues of this new round of aid. The source I cited was from the Australian National University researched by well qualified scholars and fukk all to do with a coalition cheer squad.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 6:31pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:30pm:
Pacific Island leaders held a climate roundtable ahead of the forum in Funafuti, the capital of Tuvalu, on Monday, highlighting the need for Australia play a bigger role to address the issues many low-lying nations face through climate change.

Cargo cult money. Most islands are increasing in size.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 6:44pm

It sounds like some kind of progressive fantasy.

Show me the money.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 7:32pm

I WISH OUR IDIOT POLITICIANS WOULD STOP THROWING MONEY AT DEAD SHITE PARASITIC COUNTRIES.

WE NEED IT HERE.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 7:35pm

Valkie wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 7:32pm:
I WISH OUR IDIOT POLITICIANS WOULD STOP THROWING MONEY AT DEAD SHITE PARASITIC COUNTRIES.

WE NEED IT HERE.

With an ROI of 710% we don't.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 7:47pm

This may be relevant if they were talking about more money they are not, they are just shuffling the deck chairs in order to maximise their own fictitious political credit.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 10:26pm

Dnarever wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 7:47pm:

This may be relevant if they were talking about more money they are not, they are just shuffling the deck chairs in order to maximise their own fictitious political credit.

What part of $500  million do you not understand. Sounds like more money.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:23am

Huh Huh Huh

cockadile is the resident LNP village idiot. just ignore it !

Back to the real issue which is the threat of low lying islands and countries being inundated with rising sea level due to climate change and what is Scumo going to do about the LNP's addiction to coal ? Climate denial is not a policy ! They want proper action on climate change not expensive band-aid solutions which ignore the elephant in the room !

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:36am by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 10:02am

Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:23am:

Huh Huh Huh

cockadile is the resident LNP village idiot. just ignore it !

Back to the real issue which is the threat of low lying islands and countries being inundated with rising sea level due to climate change and what is Scumo going to do about the LNP's addiction to coal ? Climate denial is not a policy ! They want proper action on climate change not expensive band-aid solutions which ignore the elephant in the room !

https://www.crikey.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Scomocoal.jpg

Nails, the ill informed wanker. I have nothing to do with the LNP you idiot. The issue has fukk all to do with denial of climate change. Quite the opposite if you bothered to read the article. Simple fact is that foreign aid is cash flow positive but fukkwits like yourself don't bother to try and understand the issue. Every single one of your posts is nothing but a whinge or a complaint. When the facts are presented you do not have the mental capacity to grasp the issues.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 11:20am

Back to the real issue which is the threat of low lying islands and countries being inundated with rising sea level due to climate change and what is Scumo going to do about the LNP's addiction to coal ?

And yet most of the islands have increased in size. Try doing some research. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #21 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:01pm

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 11:20am:
Back to the real issue which is the threat of low lying islands and countries being inundated with rising sea level due to climate change and what is Scumo going to do about the LNP's addiction to coal ?

And yet most of the islands have increased in size. Try doing some research. Wink

Can't find anything to support your claim....Maybe you should back up your claim....The BBC tells a different story....I expect you have a link to prove the BBC wrong???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36255749

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:42pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:01pm:
Can't find anything to support your claim.

Poor petal. Done in by his poor research skills again

"Contacted by Fact Check, Mr Kelly stood by his recorded words and said the claim was based on research from the University of Auckland.

This peer-reviewed study used satellite imagery to measure Tuvalu's changing land area over four decades.

Between 1971 and 2014, it showed, the country grew by more than 73 hectares, or 2.9 per cent.

Each period of the study experienced net increases in land area, including the most recent decade.

Of Tuvalu's individual islands, 73 had increased in land area while 28 had decreased. Just one had eroded entirely.

Tuvalu's population is spread across nine of its largest islands, with about 50 per cent of its people living on Fogafale, in the Funafuti atoll.

These larger islands generally experienced the greatest increases in land size, while Tuvalu's smaller, uninhabited islands fared the worst."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-19/fact-check-is-the-island-nation-tuvalu-gr...

"Sea-level rise simulation suggests that low-lying Pacific islands such as those in Tuvalu, Tokelau and Kiribati are likely to adapt to the effects of climate change rather than simply sink beneath the waves, according to Kiwi researchers. The researchers created 1:50 scale replica of the uninhabited island of Fatato in Tuvalu and submitted the model to rising water levels and mock storm-generated waves. They found that the highest part of the island actually got higher as rising sea levels and strong wave action washed sand and gravel toward it. They say this shows the islands may be more resilient than we thought as they may be able to change shape to adapt to the climate."

https://www.scimex.org/newsfeed/sea-level-rise-may-not-spell-the-end-for-low-lyi...

So we have satellite mapping and models confirming that.

I didn't bother to read your BBC piece.

BTW - I am not saying islands don't disappear, merely that SLR is not to blame. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #23 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 1:44pm

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:42pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 12:01pm:
Can't find anything to support your claim.

Poor petal. Done in by his poor research skills again

"Contacted by Fact Check, Mr Kelly stood by his recorded words and said the claim was based on research from the University of Auckland.

This peer-reviewed study used satellite imagery to measure Tuvalu's changing land area over four decades.

Between 1971 and 2014, it showed, the country grew by more than 73 hectares, or 2.9 per cent.

Each period of the study experienced net increases in land area, including the most recent decade.

Of Tuvalu's individual islands, 73 had increased in land area while 28 had decreased. Just one had eroded entirely.

Tuvalu's population is spread across nine of its largest islands, with about 50 per cent of its people living on Fogafale, in the Funafuti atoll.

These larger islands generally experienced the greatest increases in land size, while Tuvalu's smaller, uninhabited islands fared the worst."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-19/fact-check-is-the-island-nation-tuvalu-gr...

"Sea-level rise simulation suggests that low-lying Pacific islands such as those in Tuvalu, Tokelau and Kiribati are likely to adapt to the effects of climate change rather than simply sink beneath the waves, according to Kiwi researchers. The researchers created 1:50 scale replica of the uninhabited island of Fatato in Tuvalu and submitted the model to rising water levels and mock storm-generated waves. They found that the highest part of the island actually got higher as rising sea levels and strong wave action washed sand and gravel toward it. They say this shows the islands may be more resilient than we thought as they may be able to change shape to adapt to the climate."

https://www.scimex.org/newsfeed/sea-level-rise-may-not-spell-the-end-for-low-lyi...

So we have satellite mapping and models confirming that.

I didn't bother to read your BBC piece.

BTW - I am not saying islands don't disappear, merely that SLR is not to blame. Wink

This quote is not true....

Quote:
And yet most of the islands have increased in size. Try doing some research.

Certain Islands grow because of sediment that deposits on the solid rock base of Volcanic Islands....Erosion is the problem for other islands as your article clearly states....The article you posted also confirms sea levels are rising which will affect different Islands in different ways....You have misrepresented what the article is saying....Sea levels are rising and Islands are disappearing....I am not surprised you ignore facts and post bullshit....Snowflake!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://www.rd.com/advice/travel/islands-will-disappear-80-years/

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 2:05pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 1:44pm:

Quote:

poor petal So obtuse.

Of Tuvalu's individual islands, 73 had increased in land area while 28 had decreased.

Most. Wink

islands will always disappear. They are a part of a dynamic environment. Storm surge etc will do that.

Now if most increase and some decrease - it can't be Sea Level Rise. It is also along the Pacific Plate which causes subsidence in some areas. Again not SLR.

You now get your science from Readers Digest? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The paper the ABC cited is at -

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-02954-1

And the later paper  -

https://phys.org/news/2019-07-reef-islands-resilient-climate.html

Go back to drooling over Noddy and BigEars.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 2:12pm

Quote:
Studies on land loss in Tuvalu reveal the following findings. Although both sea level rise and coastal erosion can cause land loss in the tropic Pacific oceanic islands, their mechanisms are different. When sea level rises, the low elevation coastal zone submerges and the erosion datum plane rises, the beach process progresses normally as always, resulting in no beach sediment coarsening. When the sea level is stable, coastal erosion removes finer sediment from reef flat, beach and land, resulting in beach sediment coarsening. The human-induced coastal erosion in the tropic Pacific oceanic islands has the following features. 1) Erosion occurs or intensifies immediately after inappropriate human activities. 2) It occurs near the places having human activities and places related to the above places in sediment supply. 3) It often occurs on original prograding or stable coasts (on lagoon coasts for atolls) because there are more coastal engineering projects and other human activities on such coasts. 4) It is chronic, covering a long period of time. The coastal geological events in Tuvalu islands do not accord with the features resulted from sea level rise but do accord with the features resulted from coastal erosion, particularly from human-induced erosion. The land loss in Tuvalu is mainly caused by inappropriate human activities including coastal engineering and aggregate mining, and partly caused by cyclones. Moreover, all recent measurements (satellite altimetry, thermosteric sea level data and tide observations) so far have not been able to verify any sea level rise around Tuvalu islands.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11802-005-0004-8

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 4:33pm

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 2:05pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 1:44pm:

Quote:

Of Tuvalu's individual islands, 73 had increased in land area while 28 had decreased.

Most. Wink

islands will always disappear. They are a part of a dynamic environment. Storm surge etc will do that.

Now if most increase and some decrease - it can't be Sea Level Rise. It is also along the Pacific Plate which causes subsidence in some areas. Again not SLR.

Poor snowflake thinks Tuvalu is the only Islands in the Pacific....Only 101 Islands snowflake....The Solomon's has over 1000 Islands under threat....You said most Islands and have once again used bullshit siting only one group of Islands whilst ignoring the rest....How pathetic and typical!!!

The article you posted states the sea level is rising....Were did you come to the conclusion it cannot be sea level rising when that is exactly what is happening....Are you denying sea levels are rising snowflake???

Quote:
University of NSW Professor John Church, who is an IPCC lead contributor on rising seas, told Fact Check that sea levels did not rise uniformly but varied depending on factors such as ocean currents, surface winds and water temperature.

"There is a tendency for sea level rise to be less than the global average near regions of mass loss," Professor Church said, explaining that rises were greater in places further from melting glaciers and ice sheets.

Professor Kench's study reported that the seas around Tuvalu rose by about 3.9mm per year between 1971 and 2014 — roughly twice the global average over the same period

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #27 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 4:36pm

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 2:12pm:
Quote:
Studies on land loss in Tuvalu reveal the following findings. Although both sea level rise and coastal erosion can cause land loss in the tropic Pacific oceanic islands, their mechanisms are different. When sea level rises, the low elevation coastal zone submerges and the erosion datum plane rises, the beach process progresses normally as always, resulting in no beach sediment coarsening. When the sea level is stable, coastal erosion removes finer sediment from reef flat, beach and land, resulting in beach sediment coarsening. The human-induced coastal erosion in the tropic Pacific oceanic islands has the following features. 1) Erosion occurs or intensifies immediately after inappropriate human activities. 2) It occurs near the places having human activities and places related to the above places in sediment supply. 3) It often occurs on original prograding or stable coasts (on lagoon coasts for atolls) because there are more coastal engineering projects and other human activities on such coasts. 4) It is chronic, covering a long period of time. The coastal geological events in Tuvalu islands do not accord with the features resulted from sea level rise but do accord with the features resulted from coastal erosion, particularly from human-induced erosion. The land loss in Tuvalu is mainly caused by inappropriate human activities including coastal engineering and aggregate mining, and partly caused by cyclones. Moreover, all recent measurements (satellite altimetry, thermosteric sea level data and tide observations) so far have not been able to verify any sea level rise around Tuvalu islands.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11802-005-0004-8

University of China from 2005???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 4:52pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 4:36pm:

Yes petal . That's three peer reviewed studies and you have provided Readers Digest. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

So we know you can't count. We know according to you peer review is Readers Digest.

And you want to be taken seriously? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #29 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 5:01pm

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 4:52pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 4:36pm:

That's three peer reviewed studies and you have provided Readers Digest.

So we know you can't count. We know according to you peer review is Readers Digest.

And you want to be taken seriously?

The University of China from 2005 and the references cited are from Google Scholar....If you looked at the Readers Digest article you would see they have referenced legitimate sources....Snowflake!!!

You have never been to a real University have you snowflake???

University of China from 2005  Grin Grin Grin

Google Scholar???   Grin Grin Grin

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #30 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 5:24pm

Back on topic - The $500 million is quite a significant amount of money on offer to these Islands....However they should not be made to stay silent and Australia still needs to address their concerns with real action not bullshit!!!

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 7:25pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 4:33pm:
Professor Kench's study reported that the seas around Tuvalu rose by about 3.9mm per year between 1971 and 2014 — roughly twice the global average over the same period

And still the islands increased. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 8:29pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 5:01pm:
The University of China from 2005 and the references cited are from Google Scholar..

Poor petal. Doesn't know the first thing about attribution.

"Baines, G.B.K., and R. F. McLean, 1976. Sequential studies of hurricane deposit evolution at Funafuti Atoll. Marine Geology, 21: M1-M8."

So the reference is to the publication
Marine Geology

"Baines, G. B. K., P. J. Beveridge, and J. E. Maragos, 1974. Storm and island building at Funafuti Atoll, Ellice Islands. Proceeding of the Second International Coral Reef Symposium. Brisbane, 485–495."

Citing a paper from a seminar on
coral reefs

"Baliunas, S., and W. Soon, 2001. Is Tuvalu really sinking? Pacific Magazine, (8): 44."

From a paper that appeared in
Pacific Magazine

You get the drift? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #33 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:22pm

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 7:25pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 4:33pm:

And still the islands increased.

Yes they did snowflake....Are you denying the sea level has risen snowflake....Spit it out snowflake???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #34 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:27pm

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 8:29pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 5:01pm:
The University of China from 2005 and the references cited are from Google Scholar..

Poor petal. Doesn't know the first thing about attribution.

"Baines, G.B.K., and R. F. McLean, 1976. Sequential studies of hurricane deposit evolution at Funafuti Atoll. Marine Geology, 21: M1-M8."

So the reference is to the publication
Marine Geology

"Baines, G. B. K., P. J. Beveridge, and J. E. Maragos, 1974. Storm and island building at Funafuti Atoll, Ellice Islands. Proceeding of the Second International Coral Reef Symposium. Brisbane, 485–495."

Citing a paper from a seminar on
coral reefs

"Baliunas, S., and W. Soon, 2001. Is Tuvalu really sinking? Pacific Magazine, (8): 44."

From a paper that appeared in
Pacific Magazine

You get the drift?

Some pacific Islands are being eroded by rising sea levels....It has been explained why certain Islands increase in mass despite the rising sea levels....Do you deny this???

You site the State run Chinese university which has resourced material decades old to reach the wrong conclusion....The Chinese are the biggest carbon emitter in the world and you believe a bogus study based on decades old research....You are a smacking idiot snowflake???

University of China???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:29pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:22pm:
Yes they did snowflake....Are you denying the sea level has risen snowflake.

Poor petal. The seas have been increasing since the last ice age. Wink

And it still hasn't drowned the islands.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #36 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:38pm

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:29pm:

https://1121352.v1.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/clip_image004-2.j...

You are so stupid....Using a graph that sites thousands of years of data is meaningless....You are such a cherry picking snowflake with no idea about the scientific method.....Here are some credible links for you to ignore you and maintain your ignorance snowflake!!!

University of China!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/sea-level-rise/

https://ocean.si.edu/through-time/ancient-seas/sea-level-rise

Oh and Islands have disappeared very recently in fact....Or do you deny this as well snowflake???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:58pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:38pm:
University of China!!!

You mean the one that cited mainstream journals? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Unfortunately for you petal they are using the results of satellite altimetry. But you wouldn't know anything about that. Wink

Jason1, 2, 3 had a native accuracy of about 34mm. And somehow they extrapolated the data and came up with an accuracy an order of magnitude greater (3.4mm).

"Jason-2 flies in a low-Earth orbit at an altitude of 1336 km. With global coverage between 66°N and 66°S latitude and a 10-day repeat of the ground track, Jason maps 95% of the world's ice-free oceans every ten days. Sea surface height accuracy is currently 3.4 centimetres, with 2.5 expected in the future."

https://www.eumetsat.int/jason/print.htm

And all that with an earth that is ellipsoid, has storms, swell and tides. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh noes. National Geographic - another Readers Digest type publication. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh and Islands have disappeared very recently in fact...

I did say that petal. Now all you have to is show it was caused by SLR and not storms etc. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 7:10am

lee wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:58pm:
University of China!!!

You mean the one that cited mainstream journals? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Unfortunately for you petal they are using the results of satellite altimetry. But you wouldn't know anything about that. Wink

Jason1, 2, 3 had a native accuracy of about 34mm. And somehow they extrapolated the data and came up with an accuracy an order of magnitude greater (3.4mm).

"Jason-2 flies in a low-Earth orbit at an altitude of 1336 km. With global coverage between 66°N and 66°S latitude and a 10-day repeat of the ground track, Jason maps 95% of the world's ice-free oceans every ten days. Sea surface height accuracy is currently 3.4 centimetres, with 2.5 expected in the future."

And all that with an earth that is ellipsoid, has storms, swell and tides. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh noes. National Geographic - another Readers Digest type publication. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh and Islands have disappeared very recently in fact...

I did say that petal. Now all you have to is show it was caused by SLR and not storms etc. Wink

The University of China....The propaganda arm of the Chinese Government....Relying on decades old research to reach the wrong conclusion....Don't worry about NASA, CSIRO, the IPCC or any other of the scientific organisations that conclude you are a snowflake who cherry picks data and ignores real science....You get you bullshit from denialist sites and quote bogus science from disreputable sources....You are a snowflake with no credibility what so ever....You refuse to say if you believe sea levels are rising but post bullshit propaganda to try and convey that position....Do you believe sea levels are rising snowflake....You refuse to give a straight answer snowflake???

This is a link you posted to confirm you are a complete dickhead....What is the point of this link snowflake???

University of China!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:39am

https://1121352.v1.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/clip_image004-2.j...

googling for selective information again are you ?

why don't you go and live there and see how much the water has risen in a matter of decades not thousands of years !! And take that Alan Jones pervert with you Sad

« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:05am by Sir lastnail »  

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:42am

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 15th, 2019 at 5:24pm:
Back on topic - The $500 million is quite a significant amount of money on offer to these Islands....However they should not be made to stay silent and Australia still needs to address their concerns with real action not bullshit!!!

Angry Angry Angry

knowing how the libbos lie about everything this 500 mill will have strings attached to make it almost useless to mitigate sea level rise Sad

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:56am

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 7:10am:
..Do you believe sea levels are rising snowflake.

I didn't realise you had comprehension issues so big.

The seas have been increasing since the last ice age.

So what does that tell you? That the sea level rise has suddenly stopped? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 7:10am:

So you disagree with the accuracy, as stated, of the satellite altimeters? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Perhaps you would prefer NASA's take on Jason 3?

"The primary instrument on Jason-3 is a radar altimeter. The altimeter will measure sea-level variations over the global ocean with very high accuracy (as 1.3 inches or 3.3 centimeters, with a goal of achieving 1 inch or 2.5 centimeters). "

https://sealevel.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/jason3/

Or perhaps your maths is so bad you believe centimetres is smaller than millimetres. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:02pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:39am:
googling for selective information again are you ?

Poor petal maybe you should try wiki?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 12:05pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:42am:
knowing how the libbos lie about everything this 500 mill will have strings attached to make it almost useless to mitigate sea level rise

How does one mitigate against sea level rise? Oh Like the Dutch; build dikes. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #44 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 5:45pm

The oceans are rising and the planet is warming due to CO2!!!

Huh Huh Huh

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:00pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 5:45pm:
Lee posted the link above (without URL the second time).

Poor petal. The first link, which I gave, was to "https://www.eumetsat.int/jason/print.htm " which was about the accuracy of the satellite altimeters generally and Jason 2 specifically.

The second which I also, gave was to NASA about the accuracy of Jason 3 specifically.

I had previously said the accuracy was about 34mm.

But perhaps phil doesn't realise the link is the URL. But perhaps he merely didn't know that. Edit: i just read back and both were linked correctly. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

What does this link supposed to prove snowflake.

It proves the accuracy of the altimeters, should you care to look. Or you can do a "Control F" and search for the accuracy or even the phrase provided.

Now seeing that the claimed SLR is in the vicinity of 3mm per/year perhaps you can show how it can possibly be derived when the native accuracy of the alitmeters is of about 34mm (3.4cm).

We know the level of your scientific understanding when you can't even cite references properly.  Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:05pm by lee »  

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #46 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:19pm

lee wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:00pm:

Poor petal. The first link, which I gave, was to "https://www.eumetsat.int/jason/print.htm " which was about the accuracy of the satellite altimeters generally and Jason 2 specifically.

It is a table of contents you snowflake!!!

The second which I also, gave was to NASA about the accuracy of Jason 3 specifically.

I had previously said the accuracy was about 34mm.

But perhaps phil doesn't realise the link is the URL. But perhaps he merely didn't know that. Edit: i just read back and both were linked correctly. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

What does this link supposed to prove snowflake.

It proves the accuracy of the altimeters, should you care to look. Or you can do a "Control F" and search for the accuracy or even the phrase provided.

Now seeing that the claimed SLR is in the vicinity of 3mm per/year perhaps you can show how it can possibly be derived when the native accuracy of the alitmeters is of about 34mm (3.4cm).

We know the level of your scientific understanding when you can't even cite references properly.  Wink

Lee posted (without URL)

A link to a table of contents....Worthless dribble....Read the link I posted from NASA snowflake....Proves you are a dickhead!!!

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:23pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:19pm:
Read the link I posted from NASA snowflake..

Ooh look they use satellites. With altimeters . And the altimeters have an accuracy 10 times  the postulated SLR.

Too funny. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You do understand the difference between 3mm and 3.3cm (34mm)?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:26pm

Lee posted (without URL)

So I did.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:29pm

philperth2010 wrote Today at 3:45pm:

Poor petal deleted this post. How embarrassing for him. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #50 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:34pm

lee wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:29pm:
philperth2010 wrote Today at 3:45pm:

Poor petal deleted this post. How embarrassing for me

No....I changed it snowflake....Why do you ignore the evidence snowflake....NASA shows you are a dickhead....Link provided with URL!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #51 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:37pm

lee wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:23pm:
Read the link I posted from NASA snowflake..

Ooh look they use satellites. With altimeters . And the altimeters have an accuracy 10 times  the postulated SLR.

Too funny. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You do understand the difference between 3mm and 3.3cm (34mm)?

Worthless dribble....Look at what NASA says about global warming snowflake and educate yourself!!!

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:44pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:37pm:
Look at what NASA says about global warming snowflake and educate yourself!!!

Where have I denied the globe is warming?

Where have I denied Sea Level is Rising?

But tell me what you know about satellite altimeters, you were full bottle on telling us NOAA said it was about 3mm based on satellite data. Wink

Now that, for you, has been an education.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #53 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 7:29pm

lee wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 6:37pm:
Look at what NASA says about global warming snowflake and educate yourself!!!

Where have I denied the globe is warming?

Where have I denied Sea Level is Rising?

But tell me what you know about satellite altimeters, you were full bottle on telling us NOAA said it was about 3mm based on satellite data.

Now that, for you, has been an education in deflection.

Where have I said any such thing snowflake???

So you do not deny the planet is warming and you do not deny sea levels are rising....Do you believe it is being caused by CO2???

Because NASA believes the planet is warming and explains it's findings in the link provided with URL!!!

Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 7:49pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 7:29pm:
Where have I said any such thing snowflake???

So you quoted it even though you didn't believe it? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

So you do not deny the planet is warming and you do not deny sea levels are rising..

Yes.

Do you believe it is being caused by CO2???

Some Yes.

Because NASA believes the planet is warming and explains it's findings in the link provided with URL!!!

yes. But NASA also uses the satellite altimeter readings as its basis for SLR.

"This dataset contains the Global Mean Sea Level (GMSL) generated from the Integrated Multi-Mission Ocean Altimeter Data for Climate Research (GMSL dataset). The GMSL is a 1-dimensional time series of globally averaged Sea Surface Height Anomalies (SSHA) from TOPEX/Poseidon, Jason-1, OSTM/Jason-2 and Jason-3. "

https://sealevel.nasa.gov/understanding-sea-level/key-indicators/global-mean-sea...

But the altimeter readings are pure bunkum. Because the accuracy is not as fine as the SLR. Wink

So now the question remains how much warming and SLR is due to CO2? Wink

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 7:53pm

Check it out. The LNP is going to compensate for wrecking the planet by bribing poor islands with 500 mill of hush money Sad

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/australia-to-redirect-500-million-in-for...

These two-bit little islanders are not giving any lip to China in their attempt at a cash grab from Oz.

Climate change - what a dam POLITICAL and FINANCIAL hoax.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #56 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:18pm

lee wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 7:49pm:
But the altimeter readings are pure bunkum. Because the accuracy is not as fine as the SLR.

So now the question remains how much warming and SLR is due to CO2? Wink

Are you saying NASA is wrong or lying???

Quote:
Global Temperature Rise
The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit (0.9 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.4 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with the five warmest years on record taking place since 2010. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:12pm

We have
ICE AGES

so
'naturally'

We have
WARM AGES
too.

...like the Tides of the Ocean.

The Scientists just want you to believe it's 'un-natural' so they can get paid for fixing it and playing 'God'.

Domesticate the 'wild' animal.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #58 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:14pm

Ice Age:

The World 'dries' and the seas lower.

Warm Age:

The World gets 'wetter' and the seas rise.

Seems Humanity (mostly Scientists) can't cope with anything not in their 'control'.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:35pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 9:18pm:

That's for you to decide.

Land temperatures going back to the late 1800's are very sparse.

Ocean temperatures going back that far are far more sparse.

Ocean temperatures for the Southern Hemisphere up to about 1950 are beyond a joke.

"Data from the Southern Hemisphere, particularly south of latitude 30 south, are so meager that reliable conclusions are not possible, the report says."

https://www.nytimes.com/1978/01/05/archives/international-team-of-specialists-fi...

And that was in 1978.

Now seeing as the Southern Ocean has more water than the Northern hemisphere, it as a greater role to play in the oceanic temperatures. And they form part of the global temperature. So really anything before about 1950 is laughable. But i will let you believe what you want.

You could just have easily asked is NOAA lying about SLR? I have pointed out the discrepancy. And I will let you sort that out too.

BTW- Your graph of those thousands of years of CO2 have a resolution of about 1500 years from memory and you are trying to find a small increase in CO2 in a short timeframe.

Bye petal.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:45pm by lee »  

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #60 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:12pm

Pacific nations better off threatening to selling/integrate themselves with China.  Would other nations let that through or would they be forced to step up?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:54pm

lee wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:35pm:

Land temperatures going back to the late 1800's are very sparse.

Ocean temperatures going back that far are far more sparse.

Ocean temperatures for the Southern Hemisphere up to about 1950 are beyond a joke.

"Data from the Southern Hemisphere, particularly south of latitude 30 south, are so meager that reliable conclusions are not possible, the report says."

https://www.nytimes.com/1978/01/05/archives/international-team-of-specialists-fi...

And that was in 1978.

Now seeing as the Southern Ocean has more water than the Northern hemisphere, it as a greater role to play in the oceanic temperatures. And they form part of the global temperature. So really anything before about 1950 is laughable. But i will let you believe what you want.

You could just have easily asked is NOAA lying about SLR? I have pointed out the discrepancy. And I will let you sort that out too.

BTW- Your graph of those thousands of years of CO2 have a resolution of about 1500 years from memory and you are trying to find a small increase in CO2 in a short timeframe.

Bye petal.

give it a break will you. Climate change denial is not a policy !

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:59pm

stunspore wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:12pm:
Pacific nations better off threatening to selling/integrate themselves with China.  Would other nations let that through or would they be forced to step up?

well you'd have to be stark raving mad to do a deal with scumo. That prick would back door you as quick as look at you Sad

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #63 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 4:17am

lee wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 10:35pm:

I am not trying to find anything snowflake....I do not work for NASA and have not contributed to any of their research....It would be you who is tying to find fault with NASA's methodology....NASA has more credibility than you snowflake and they support their findings with pear reviewed science....Whom do you think people would believe....NASA has gone to the moon....What have you done to declare you know more than NASA....You are an idiot snowflake???

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:59am

I hear the LNP is now offering the islanders fruit picking jobs to compensate for rising sea levels ! jobsungroth Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #65 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:23am

Everyone believes in CLIMATE CHANGE.....!!!

Only fools and idiots believe in ANTHROPGENIC GLOBAL WARMING....!!!

Climategate
https://www.lavoisier.com.au/articles/greenhouse-science/climate-change/climateg...

Some good honest reading for you believers......

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/medieval-warm-...

Lets see (below graph) we had a warm and cool period yet CO2 remained stable and for some strange reason the IPCC which once acknowledged these periods no longer does so replacing it with Mann's hockey stick.

Today CO2 levels are climbing which is only natural since the Earth is warming.

Yet the temperature is not rising in accordance with those silly climate computer models which claimed the hot spot in the tropopuase (never found) or that the missing heat was eaten up by the oceans never proven (Argo system).

AGW has so many holes in its armour only idiots would believe in it, which is to be expected.

CO2 has never controlled temperature on Earth and is a minor player in the overall scheme of things.

When you support AGW you are supporting the Rothchilds, Rockerfellas, Soro's of this world to tax us on the free air we breath through a carbon derivatives market where nations will pay billions of tax payer monies to these pigs.

Oh I forgot check out the many scientists that believe in the Medieval warm period and the little ice age.

http://co2science.org/data/mwp/scientists.php

Way more than the 67 papers that formed that renowned consensus.....LMFAO..........!!!

Wake up and smell the CO2.............!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:41am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #66 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:51am

Lets not forget all the other recent climate changes that have occurred.

And CO2 was stable......?!?!

What does that tell you.......??

Hear any bells......?!

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:00pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 4:17am:
I am not trying to find anything snowflake...

That much is obvious. You are just a true believer.

You BELIEVE you can find 3mm of SLR out of an accuracy of about 33mm.

You BELIEVE that you can possibly see a 150 year spike in CO2 out of a resolution of 1500 years. You have to believe that if you believe it hasn't happened in any of the last interglacials. Plant stomata data shows higher levels of CO2 than ice core data from a couple of hundred years ago. If high resolution plant stomata data can show that and ice cores don't; it says a lot about the resolution of the ice cores.

I do not work for NASA and have not contributed to any of their research.

You do not show any propensity to work for any remotely scientific organisation.

It would be you who is tying to find fault with NASA's methodology.

Nope. I am merely pointing out discrepancies.

NASA has gone to the moon..

Did they. I thought NASA stayed behind and the astronauts went. Wink BTW - is that the same NASA that killed a few astronauts? Something to do with faulty safety checks if I recall correctly.

What have you done to declare you know more than NASA

Where have I declared that?

You are an idiot snowflake???

Obviously not as big an idiot as you.

What is the big problem with current CO2? With references please. But not Readers Digest. Wink

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #68 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:03pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:59pm:

well you'd have to be stark raving mad to do a deal with scumo. That prick would back door you as quick as look at you Sad

Quicker

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:05pm

Dnarever wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:03pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 16th, 2019 at 11:59pm:

Quicker

They don't have to do a deal. They can just live off their own earnings. Wink

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #70 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:06pm

Ajax wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:51am:

Hear any bells......?!

https://i.ibb.co/XkkyTGr/iceage-01.jpg

Quote:

That other variables can also impact climate ?

Your not a rocket surgeon are you ?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:12pm

Dnarever wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:06pm:

Winner.

And according to NASA CO2 is not the main driver of climate change. So that places it back in the ruck at the very best interpretation. Wink

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #72 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 1:01pm

Dnarever wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 12:06pm:
Ajax wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 10:51am:

Hear any bells......?!

https://i.ibb.co/XkkyTGr/iceage-01.jpg

Quote:

Your not a rocket surgeon are you ?

Far from it........................ Wink

When someone is pissing down you back and telling you its raining then I suggest you look around to see the truth.... Kiss

Global cooling

Anthropogenic global warming

Global warming

Climate change

What next............???

What will they say to us when the Earth starts cooling in accordance with helioseismology which suggests that due to the lack of sunspots we are headed for another little ice age.

I'm sure they will coin something...but what.....?!

One thing is for sure gone are the days when scientist dedicated themselves to bettering humanity.

Its all aboard the gravy train these days...... Cheesy

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 4:37pm

Quote:
Australia to redirect $500 million in foreign aid to new Pacific projects

Tuvalu: Australia will redirect more than half a billion dollars in foreign aid towards renewable energy projects and disaster relief throughout the Pacific, as Prime Minister Scott Morrison faces direct calls from leaders to "do more" to curb the threat facing the region.

Mr Morrison will unveil a $500 million climate change and oceans package at the Pacific Islands Forum on Wednesday, promising Australia will be a "champion" of the environment and ensure the Pacific remained economically stable and "sovereign politically".

The historic meeting took place amid growing concern by Western nations over China's influence in the region as Beijing attempts to buy favour with massive foreign aid projects in return for bolstering its military presence.

Fijian Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama appealed directly to Australia on Monday to transition away from coal-powered energy and said the Coalition must “more fully appreciate” the threat facing Pacific nations.

But he warned other nations about lecturing the Morrison government about emissions over the coming days, recognising coal had helped build a strong economy which in turn supported the region.

He said it was not for Fiji nor any other nation "to be prescriptive" as to how Australia ran its affairs, but added as a leader in the region it should do everything possible to achieve a fast transition to low-emission energy sources.

“That transition should be just for your own people and just for us here in the Pacific, where we face an existential threat that you don’t face and challenges we expect your governments and people to more fully appreciate," Mr Bainimarama said.

Mr Morrison said Australia recognised the climate change challenges the Pacific faced.
He said he would detail a new package from existing aid funds to help Pacific nations invest in renewable energy and climate and disaster resilience.

“The Pacific is our home, which we share as a family of nations. We’re here to work with our Pacific partners to confront the potential challenges they face in the years ahead,” Mr Morrison said.

“This highlights our commitment to not just meeting our emissions reduction obligations at home but supporting our neighbours and friends."

Mr Morrison said Australia was doing it part to cut global emissions and had set out "to the last tonne" how it would meet its 2030 target under the Paris Agreement.

The additional $500 million will be used to invest in renewable energy, ensure new infrastructure can withstand disasters and better equip health services to adapt to changing needs.

He said the federal government had already contributed to funding new roads and bridges that were more resilient to extreme weather in Papua New Guinea, the Tina River Hydropower project in the Solomon Islands and building climate resilient schools in Kiribati.

The government has also set aside $140 million from the aid budget for the Australian Private Sector Mobilisation Climate Fund to harness private sector investments in low emissions technology for the Pacific and South-East Asia.

Tuvalu Prime Minister Enele Sopoaga told the forum on Monday he had concerns about Australia’s coal policy - which he had previously expressed to Mr Morrison - and warned the positive relationship could change if the future of his people was not taken seriously.

“I hope we can be more understanding that the people of Tuvalu and small island countries are already submerged, are already going underwater,” Mr Sopoaga said.

“I certainly hope we do not come to that juncture to say we cannot go on talking about partnerships.. while you keep pouring your coal emissions into the atmosphere that is killing my people and drowning my people into the water.”

They are scamming hard working taxpayers out of our money with this global warming religious bullshit.

Tuvalu is growing it's not going under water why does the cult of climate change tell lies in saying it's going underwater?

Quote:
Is the Pacific island nation of Tuvalu growing, and not sinking, as Craig Kelly says?

The verdict
Mr Kelly's claim checks out.
In the four decades to 2014, Tuvalu's total land area grew by 73 hectares, or 2.9 per cent.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 6:41pm

Instead of frankly addressing the crisis of democracy, it is much less threatening to bloviate about climate change, as Ursula von der Leyen, the new head of the European Council, did earlier this month in making a trillion-dollar “Green Deal” the EU’s top priority.

Don Quixote, who epitomised a declining Spanish nobility that was trapped in dreams of ancient glory, merely tilted at windmills; today, combining waste with futility, his worthy descendants can think of nothing better than to build them.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #75 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:28pm

What NASA says about CO2 and Global Warming!!!

Quote:
Carbon dioxide (CO2). A minor but very important component of the atmosphere, carbon dioxide is released through natural processes such as respiration and volcano eruptions and through human activities such as deforestation, land use changes, and burning fossil fuels. Humans have increased atmospheric CO2 concentration by more than a third since the Industrial Revolution began. This is the most important long-lived "forcing" of climate change

https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:36pm

And a graph with resolution of over 1500 years to prove it. Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #77 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:44pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:28pm:

Quote:
Carbon dioxide (CO2). A minor but very important component of the atmosphere, carbon dioxide is released through natural processes such as respiration and volcano eruptions and through human activities such as deforestation, land use changes, and burning fossil fuels. Humans have increased atmospheric CO2 concentration by more than a third since the Industrial Revolution began. This is the most important long-lived "forcing" of climate change

https://climate.nasa.gov/system/content_pages/main_images/203_co2-graph-061219.j...

Links provided for those who want to know what NASA actually says about CO2 and Global Warming....Those who maintain CO2 is not a driver of Climate Change are either stupid or deliberately misleading themselves (lying)!!!

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:49pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:44pm:
hose who maintain CO2 is not a driver of Climate Change are either stupid or deliberately misleading themselves (lying)!!!

What is the main driver of climate change petal? Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #79 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:57pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:44pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:28pm:

Quote:

https://climate.nasa.gov/system/content_pages/main_images/203_co2-graph-061219.j...

Links provided for those who want to know what NASA actually says about CO2 and Global Warming....Those who maintain CO2 is not a driver of Climate Change are either stupid or deliberately misleading themselves (lying)!!!

Links have been provided that explain the drivers of climate change....For those who are interested in the truth read the links and educate yourself!!!

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 8:05pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 7:57pm:
Links have been provided that explain the drivers of climate change..

The truth is water vapour is the greatest driver of climate change.

And NASA still uses the debunked Cook et al  study to maintain 97% consensus on climate. Grin Grin Grin Grin

Meanwhile Oreskes has put out a new book. The book by Oppenheimer, Oreskes et al. entitled ‘Discerning Experts: The Practices of Scientific Assessment for Environmental Policy‘ makes a case against consensus seeking in climate science assessments.

Oreskes was another who ascribed to the consensus theory. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #81 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 8:34pm

I provide links to support my opinions....It is always best to fact check people's claims who do not supply links and make false claims!!!

These links explains the scientific consensus on Climate Change in detail!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-...

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/02/rick-santorum/sa...

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #82 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 8:40pm

What NASA says about the drivers of Climate Change!!!

Quote:
Scientists attribute the global warming trend observed since the mid-20th century to the human expansion of the "greenhouse effect"1 — warming that results when the atmosphere traps heat radiating from Earth toward space.

Certain gases in the atmosphere block heat from escaping. Long-lived gases that remain semi-permanently in the atmosphere and do not respond physically or chemically to changes in temperature are described as "forcing" climate change. Gases, such as water vapor, which respond physically or chemically to changes in temperature are seen as "feedbacks."

Gases that contribute to the greenhouse effect include:

Quote:
Water vapor. The most abundant greenhouse gas, but importantly, it acts as a feedback to the climate. Water vapor increases as the Earth's atmosphere warms, but so does the possibility of clouds and precipitation, making these some of the most important feedback mechanisms to the greenhouse effect.

Carbon dioxide (CO2). A minor but very important component of the atmosphere, carbon dioxide is released through natural processes such as respiration and volcano eruptions and through human activities such as deforestation, land use changes, and burning fossil fuels. Humans have increased atmospheric CO2 concentration by more than a third since the Industrial Revolution began. This is the most important long-lived "forcing" of climate change.

Methane. A hydrocarbon gas produced both through natural sources and human activities, including the decomposition of wastes in landfills, agriculture, and especially rice cultivation, as well as ruminant digestion and manure management associated with domestic livestock. On a molecule-for-molecule basis, methane is a far more active greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide, but also one which is much less abundant in the atmosphere.

Nitrous oxide. A powerful greenhouse gas produced by soil cultivation practices, especially the use of commercial and organic fertilizers, fossil fuel combustion, nitric acid production, and biomass burning.

Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). Synthetic compounds entirely of industrial origin used in a number of applications, but now largely regulated in production and release to the atmosphere by international agreement for their ability to contribute to destruction of the ozone layer. They are also greenhouse gases.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 8:48pm

The old appeal to authority fallacy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BTW - you highlighted the wrong bit.

"A minor but very important component of the atmosphere" Wink

"Water vapor is also the most important greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. "

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/global-maps/MYDAL2_M_SKY_WV

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #84 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 9:05pm

What NASA says about water vapour and the feedback effect!!!

Quote:
"Everyone agrees that if you add carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, then warming will result,” Dessler said. “So the real question is, how much warming?"

The answer can be found by estimating the magnitude of water vapor feedback. Increasing water vapor leads to warmer temperatures, which causes more water vapor to be absorbed into the air. Warming and water absorption increase in a spiraling cycle.

Water vapor feedback can also amplify the warming effect of other greenhouse gases, such that the warming brought about by increased carbon dioxide allows more water vapor to enter the atmosphere.

"The difference in an atmosphere with a strong water vapor feedback and one with a weak feedback is enormous," Dessler said.

People need to understand cause and effect and not cherry pick data and misrepresent the science???

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 9:14pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 9:05pm:
People need to understand cause and effect and not cherry pick data and misrepresent the science???

Exactly right petal. Now as CO2 lags temperature and water vapour increases with temperature - you have cause and effect bass ackward. Wink

BTW - IF NASA is this important source - why does it still promote the 97% consensus? It has been debunked. An authoritative source should at least change their mind when what they claim is shown to be wrong.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #86 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 9:24pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 8:34pm:
I provide links to support my opinions....It is always best to fact check people's claims who do not supply links and make false claims!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/fact-checking-the-97-consensus-...

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/02/rick-santorum/sa...

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 9:55pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 9:24pm:

Poor petal. Started to repeat his questions. Grin Grin Grin

Now as the major source of CO2 is the ocean, and as the temperature increases the ocean warms it outgasses more.

BTW - Did you know man is responsible for only a small part of the 0.004% of the atmospheric CO2?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #88 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 10:05pm

If someone makes a claim and does not support it with a reputable link they should be ignored!!!

Quote:
Particularly important is CO2. Enormous amounts of it are continually exchanged between the atmosphere, land and oceans, as land and marine plants grow, die and decay, and as carbon-rich waters circulate in the ocean. For several thousand years until around 200 years ago, this ‘carbon cycle’ was approximately in balance and steady. Since the 19th century, human-induced CO2 emissions from fossil fuel combustion, cement manufacture and deforestation have disturbed the balance, adding CO2 to the atmosphere faster than it can be taken up by the land biosphere and the oceans (Figures 3.1 and 3.2). On average over the last 50 years, about 25% of total CO2 emissions were absorbed by the ocean making sea water more acidic and 30% was taken up on land, largely by increased plant growth stimulated by rising atmospheric CO2, increased nutrient availability, and responses to warming and rainfall changes (though the mix of these mechanisms remains unclear). The other 45% of emissions accumulated in the atmosphere. These changes to the carbon cycle are known from measurements in the atmosphere, on land and in the ocean, and from modelling studies.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/human-contribu...

https://www.science.org.au/learning/general-audience/science-climate-change/3-ar...

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 10:22pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 10:05pm:

Yes Petal. According to the IPCC humans are responsible for 5% of CO2 emissions. Which means 95% are natural.

"Human CO2 Emissions Have Little Effect on Atmospheric CO2"

http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/journal/paperinfo?journalid=298&doi=10.116...

Seeing as the current CO2 level is about 0.0041% ( 410 Parts per Million) it can be seen that mans emissions are really really tiny. Wink

If someone makes a claim and does not support it with a reputable link they should be ignored!!!

You mean the way you ignored the NASA 97% consensus meme? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BTW - You do know that the oceans are strongly alkaline - even around CO2 vents?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #90 - Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:16pm

When proven liars post crap it is best to check the source of their bullshit (If they are stupid enough to post links)!!!

Quote:
Science Publishing Group

Science Publishing Group is a publisher of academic journals and books. It has an address in New York, USA, but is based in Pakistan

Criticism of publishing practices

The company has been criticized for predatory open-access publishing. In an experiment, university professor Fiona McQuarrie submitted an article to International Journal of Astrophysics and Space Science from Science Publishing Group, using pseudonyms Maggie Simpson and Edna Krabappel (characters from the cartoon series The Simpsons).

Although the article had been generated by the SCIgen computer program and was nonsense, it was accepted for publication. Librarian Jeffrey Beall, creator of a list of predatory open-access publishers, in 2014 pseudonymously published a nonsensical article in American Journal of Applied Mathematics. The article contained an alleged proof of Buddhist Karma

About the author Ed Berry (Science Publishing Group)

Quote:
Most of us wish that Ed Berry’s denials of climate science are correct. Certainly, I do. None of us want to change how we get the energy to run our civilization. Unfortunately, we must change and Berry’s climate denials aren’t credible, never will be, and are extremely dangerous for the planet.

https://www.dailyinterlake.com/archive/article-9f46cb44-cc7e-11e5-9150-6f7714cc2...

Quote:
Predatory publishers: the journals that churn out fake science

A vast ecosystem of predatory publishers is churning out “fake science” for profit, an investigation by the Guardian in collaboration with German publishers NDR, WDR and Süddeutsche Zeitung Magazin has found.

More than 175,000 scientific articles have been produced by five of the largest “predatory open-access publishers”, including India-based Omics publishing group and the Turkish World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, or Waset.

But the vast majority of those articles skip almost all of the traditional checks and balances of scientific publishing, from peer review to an editorial board. Instead, most journals run by those companies will publish anything submitted to them – provided the required fee is paid.

Some people criticise NASA for their science....Go Figure???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_Publishing_Group

Check out (link below) who is on the list of predatory journals (Science Publishing Group)

https://predatoryjournals.com/publishers/

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/10/predatory-publishers-the-jour...

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 1:01pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:16pm:
When proven liars post crap it is best to check the source of their bullshit (If they are stupid enough to post links)!!!

Poor petal. STILL Struggling. Tell us more about Cook et al 2013 that NASA still treats as gold standard.

I have given you the paper. I have provided the breakdown of the paper to show that it is Sch1st. But you still believe. Why is that?

But peer-reviewed is peer-reviewed. Wink

Wiki the choice of numpties on science. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2019 at 11:16pm:
https://www.dailyinterlake.com/archive/article-9f46cb44-cc7e-11e5-9150-6f7714cc2...

The man who does science by newspaper. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 1:16pm

BTW - Did you read about the new paper in Nature Communications, part of Nature group.

They have had to pull part of the paper because it named names, without authority, a definite no-no.  You would think a prestigious? magazine would have had their ethics staff all over it, as well as the peer-reviewers. But it is only other peer-reviewed magazines that are trash, apparently. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #93 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 2:31pm

I have already posted links that explain the 97% consensus and how it is misrepresented by Climate Change sceptics....People are free to click on the links and educate themselves or remain ignorant!!!

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #94 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 2:41pm

Quote:
Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.

Link provided....
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Quote:
5 Key Tactics Climate Change Deniers Use and How to Counter Climate Change Denial

Technique #1: Frequent use of so-called “experts.”
When you read any claim about climate change, the first thing you should do is check the source. Who is making all these claims on climate change? Is this person an expert? Or is he or she a ‘fake ‘expert.

Technique #2: Perfecting the art of cherry-picking.
Climate change deniers are very good at cherry picking or selectively choosing the facts or details that can support their claims.

Technique #3: Use of faulty arguments.
The problem is that sometimes, it is very difficult for regular people to actually understand the science and sift through the arguments. This is an important arena that climate scientists are trying to address. But as individuals, we have a responsibility to be analytical and discerning.

Technique #4: Reducing climate change warnings to conspiracies or money-making efforts.
In recent times, there has been a lot of claims, by politicians mostly (who, it should be noted, often have suspicious motivations and vested interests), that the issue of climate change is a hoax. More alarmingly, Trump and his aides in the current administration say that it is a money-making effort to promote China and undermine the competitiveness of the United States.

Technique #5: Manipulation through the “keystone domino” strategy.
In late 2017, The Guardian reported on a new strategy of climate change deniers which it referred to as the “keystone domino.” Climate change deniers relentlessly attack and discredit specific issues, with the thinking that if these keystone dominoes fall, then it creates a chain reaction, toppling the entire case for climate change.

https://ecowarriorprincess.net/2018/03/key-tactics-climate-change-deniers-use-ho...

https://skepticalscience.com/agw-denial-explained-2.html

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 2:48pm

We can be generous and call it climate ignorance but the cynism in me suggest it is more like climate opportunist.  If coalition supporters can get away with no environmental laws, they would go for it in an instance.  As long as it is NIIMBY... but that's why they need the poor - to put it in their backyard.  Except climate change crosses over fences.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:24pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 2:41pm:
Quote:
Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.

Link provided....
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

So let's see which ones?

Cook et al again because phil doesn't comprehend?

"We analyze the evolution of the scientific consensus on anthropogenic global warming (AGW) in the peer-reviewed scientific literature, examining 11 944 climate abstracts from 1991–2011 matching the topics 'global climate change' or 'global warming'. We find that 66.4% of abstracts expressed no position on AGW, 32.6% endorsed AGW, 0.7% rejected AGW and 0.3% were uncertain about the cause of global warming. Among abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming."

So 66.4% expressed no position. That leaves 33.6%, which is a long way from 97%.

32.6% endorsed AGW, not that it was catastrophic, merely that they endorsed it.

Now the intersting bit -  97.1% of those that held a position - that is positive or negative endorsed the consensus.

So we have 97.1% of 32.6% plus 0.7% endorsed the consensus.

so 97.1% of 33.3% which equals 32.3%. Not even close to 97% of abstracts, not even climate scientists.

Then there was Oreskes et al They reviewed 928 papers.

She printed out hundreds of climate papers from 1993 onwards—eight years before the UN even made its ‘consensus’ statement!—and then checked their Abstracts, not for objections to said statement, but for data disproving it. Et voilà, the headline finding:

"No papers in the sample provided scientific data to refute the consensus position on global climate change."

Graph on findings in a later paper.-

original here -

http://www.project2061.org/events/meetings/climate2010/includes/media/NotwrongCl...

What? About 230 out of the 928 endorsed AGW? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

But perhaps I am being unkind and it was merely a coincidence that the number was the same. Wink

Doran & Zimmerman - the survey went to 10.257 scientists. 3,146 responded. But apparently they were running late for the pub so they only used a sub-sample of 79. But only 75 out of 77 of those 79 got the right answer.

Only 76 out of 79 thought that temperatures had risen since the 1880's.

Now petal you have the opportunity to respond and point out the errors, if any.

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:30pm by lee »  

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #97 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:30pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 2:31pm:
I have already posted links that explain the 97% consensus and how it is misrepresented by Climate Change sceptics....People are free to click on the links and educate themselves or remain ignorant!!!

Quote:
5 Key Tactics Climate Change Deniers Use and How to Counter Climate Change Denial

Technique #1: Frequent use of so-called “experts.”
When you read any claim about climate change, the first thing you should do is check the source. Who is making all these claims on climate change? Is this person an expert? Or is he or she a ‘fake ‘expert.

Technique #2: Perfecting the art of cherry-picking.
Climate change deniers are very good at cherry picking or selectively choosing the facts or details that can support their claims.

Technique #3: Use of faulty arguments.
The problem is that sometimes, it is very difficult for regular people to actually understand the science and sift through the arguments. This is an important arena that climate scientists are trying to address. But as individuals, we have a responsibility to be analytical and discerning.

Technique #4: Reducing climate change warnings to conspiracies or money-making efforts.
In recent times, there has been a lot of claims, by politicians mostly (who, it should be noted, often have suspicious motivations and vested interests), that the issue of climate change is a hoax. More alarmingly, Trump and his aides in the current administration say that it is a money-making effort to promote China and undermine the competitiveness of the United States.

Technique #5: Manipulation through the “keystone domino” strategy.
In late 2017, The Guardian reported on a new strategy of climate change deniers which it referred to as the “keystone domino.” Climate change deniers relentlessly attack and discredit specific issues, with the thinking that if these keystone dominoes fall, then it creates a chain reaction, toppling the entire case for climate change.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:32pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:30pm:
I have already posted links that explain the 97% consensus and how it is misrepresented by Climate Change sceptics.

So tell us how "climate scientists"TM misrepresent their numbers. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

poor petal. Shows he knows nothing about maths. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

They seem keen to make their own dominoes fall. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #99 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 5:04pm

Endorse 230
Refute 0

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 5:12pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
Endorse 230
Refute 0

yes petal. it all depends what your look for.

230 out of 928 = 24.8% another a long way from 97%. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You really are mathematically challenged aren't you? Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #101 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 5:58pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
https://i0.wp.com/wattsupwiththat.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/clip_image006-1...

Quote:
928 papers???

Endorse 230
Refute 0

The following papers neither endorse nor refute Climate Change and are used to form a consensus....There is no break down of how many of these papers either endorse or refute Climate Change!!!

Methods
Impacts
Historical
Mitigation

Quote:
The 97% figure has been disputed and vigorously defended, with emotional arguments and counterarguments published in a number of papers. Although the degree of consensus is only one of several arguments for anthropogenic climate change – the statements of professional societies and evidence presented in reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change are others – there is data to suggest that support is lower. In this post, I attempt to determine whether the 97% consensus is fact or fiction.

Quote:
Cook is careful to describe his 2013 study results as being based on “climate experts.” Political figures and the popular press are not so careful. President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry have repeatedly characterized it as 97% of scientists. Kerry has gone so far as to say that “97 percent of peer-reviewed climate studies confirm that climate change is happening and that human activity is largely responsible.” This is patently wrong, since the Cook study and others showed that the majority of papers take no position. One does not expect nuance in political speeches, and the authors of scientific papers cannot be held responsible for the statements of politicians and the media.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 6:13pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 5:58pm:
Quote:
The 97% figure has been disputed and vigorously defended, with emotional arguments and counterarguments published in a number of papers. Although the degree of consensus is only one of several arguments for anthropogenic climate change – the statements of professional societies and evidence presented in reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change are others – there is data to suggest that support is lower. In this post, I attempt to determine whether the 97% consensus is fact or fiction.

NASA however thoroughly endorses the 97%. I guess they didn't actually read the papers. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BTW - Only one of the professional societies polled their members. The rest made a statement by dictat. The AMS figure is currently about 56%. Wink

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 6:16pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 3:30pm:
philperth2010 wrote Today at 12:31pm:
I have already posted links that explain the 97% consensus and how it is misrepresented by Climate Change sceptics..

And now you say it isn't. Make up your mind petal. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #104 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 6:50pm

Everyone should be sceptical and not accept any conclusion is certain....This is how science works and is put under scrutiny....Whilst the Cook survey can be disputed "There is no doubt in my mind that the literature on climate change overwhelmingly supports the hypothesis that climate change is caused by humans" (Tol)!!!

Quote:
"I mean it is pretty clear that most of the science agrees that climate change is real and most likely human-made," Tol said on during a 2014 hearing on the IPCC. "But the 97 percent is essentially pulled from thin air. It is not based on any credible research whatsoever."

Tol was specifically referring to a 2013 survey by John Cook, who studies climate communication at the University of Queensland.

Cook’s study found that among over 4,000 studies that took a position on man-made climate change, 97.1 percent "endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global phase" and 97.2 of 1,300 authors who responded agreed with the position.

Tol takes issue with Cook’s methodology. By his analysis of Cook’s data, the real figure is around 91 percent. (Cook replied critiquing Tol’s methodology and standing by his survey’s original finding of 97 percent.)

"There is no doubt in my mind that the literature on climate change overwhelmingly supports the hypothesis that climate change is caused by humans," Tol writes in his analysis. "I have very little reason to doubt that the consensus is indeed correct. Cook et al., however, failed to demonstrate this."

If someone was told with 91% probability they would die without an operation they would have the operation!!!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #105 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 7:14pm

Quote:
Particularly important is CO2. Enormous amounts of it are continually exchanged between the atmosphere, land and oceans, as land and marine plants grow, die and decay, and as carbon-rich waters circulate in the ocean. For several thousand years until around 200 years ago, this ‘carbon cycle’ was approximately in balance and steady. Since the 19th century, human-induced CO2 emissions from fossil fuel combustion, cement manufacture and deforestation have disturbed the balance, adding CO2 to the atmosphere faster than it can be taken up by the land biosphere and the oceans (Figures 3.1 and 3.2). On average over the last 50 years, about 25% of total CO2 emissions were absorbed by the ocean making sea water more acidic and 30% was taken up on land, largely by increased plant growth stimulated by rising atmospheric CO2, increased nutrient availability, and responses to warming and rainfall changes (though the mix of these mechanisms remains unclear). The other 45% of emissions accumulated in the atmosphere. These changes to the carbon cycle are known from measurements in the atmosphere, on land and in the ocean, and from modelling studies.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/human-contribu...

https://www.science.org.au/learning/general-audience/science-climate-change/3-ar...

Phil,
why don't you take this to the Environment forum?

Evidence for global warming.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1552800608/330#330

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 7:26pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 6:50pm:
By his analysis of Cook’s data, the real figure is around 91 percent. (Cook replied critiquing Tol’s methodology and standing by his survey’s original finding of 97 percent.)

If someone was told with 91% probability they would die without an operation they would have the operation!!!

So somehow 32.3% becomes 91%. You really must tell us how he worked that out. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well at least you are now heading in the right direction. It is purely political not scientific. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BTW - More on that Politifact story. -

"From 2002 until recently, the chairman of the IPCC was climate scientist Rajendra Pachauri, who resigned from his post in February 2015. "

Pachauri was a Railway Engineer. He was NOT a climate scientist. Maybe they should call it "poilitilie". Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2019 at 7:34pm by lee »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #107 - Aug 24th, 2019 at 7:31pm

lee wrote on Aug 24th, 2019 at 7:26pm:
By his analysis of Cook’s data, the real figure is around 91 percent. (Cook replied critiquing Tol’s methodology and standing by his survey’s original finding of 97 percent.)

So somehow 32.3% becomes 91%. You really must tell us how he worked that out. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well at least you are now heading in the right direction. It is purely political not scientific. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The global warming alarmists could be right so we should be trying
to get rid of coal fire power stations and replace them with
zero emission, safe power such as: thorium, fusion, geothermal, solar molten salt thermal.

Apart from that, coal fire power stations put poisonous stinking fumes into our atmosphere.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print