Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Fuel Line Leak? (Read 1889 times)
juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Fuel Line Leak?
Reply #30 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 5:22pm

Scunge that weird loony Greeny creature just can't stay from me, her hero, as she begs me to pay her some attention.

Now something that is total anathema to the weird slavering Greeny creature - a return to the TOPIC.

Is it Safe to Drive With a Fuel Leak?
by Valerie Johnston on  January 04, 2016

A fuel leak is when gasoline leaks from the gas tank of the vehicle. Underneath the car will be a spot of fuel on the pavement, along with the strong smell of gasoline. A fuel leak should not be ignored, so as soon as you notice these signs, it is time to make an appointment with a mechanic right away. Here are some insightful pointers that will tell you why it is not safe to drive with leaking fuel:

Ignoring a fuel leak is a fire risk because gas is flammable. Since gas is leaking from your vehicle, it can take just a little something to set it off, such as a discarded cigarette or a spark in the right spot. Fix the leak as soon as possible, so as not to danger yourself or others.

Fuel leaks happen over time because the fuel tank rots, gets old, or fails. If this happens, the entire thank may need to be replaced. It is much better to have a safe tank than one that is a fire hazard.

Some fuel leaks happen because of a small hole in the fuel tank. If this happens, a mechanic can repair the hole without having to replace the entire tank. This is a pretty straightforward fix that is both safe and affordable.

A fuel leak does have a gasoline smell to it, and the gasoline does contain carbon monoxide. This chemical is dangerous when inhaled, and can cause cold and flulike symptoms. If you are experiencing a fuel smell in your vehicle, along with a headache and nausea while driving, it may be a sign of a fuel leak and exposure to carbon monoxide. You will want to air the vehicle out and consult a physician immediately.

Another safety precaution to take into consideration is if you do suspect a fuel leak, and you have to wait a couple days to get your car to the mechanic, is to not smoke in your vehicle. Smoking can increase the risk of fire, especially with the gasoline fumes.

A fuel leak is something you should get checked out by a professional mechanic right away, as it is a fire hazard. Do not smoke in the vehicle and be careful while driving until the appointment with the mechanic. While it does not affect the actual handling of the vehicle, it is a safety hazards and should be taken care of.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/is-it-safe-to-drive-with-a-fuel-leak
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2019 at 5:33pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 5:33pm

Gasoline Smell in Car,  5 Common Causes
by Eddie Carrara

A gasoline smell in car can be very dangerous, you should never have a fuel smell in your vehicle, it's a sure sign of a problem, and it's potentially very dangerous. I have seen a lot of fuel leaks in my career, so I have compiled a list of the 5 most common reasons for a fuel smell in a vehicle or when you have your fan on.

1.       Injector leak

2.       Fuel tank leak

3.       Fuel line leak

4.       Faulty canister

5.       Missing gas cap

It really doesn't matter what is causing the gasoline smell in your car, you just need to have it fixed as soon as you start smelling fuel.  If the fuel leak is near the engine or exhaust, it could result in a fire and a potential total loss of your vehicle.  The fuel liquid is not the danger, the danger is the fumes, you see, liquid gasoline does not burn; the fumes are what catch fire.

Read all about it here

https://www.simple-car-answers.com/Gasoline-Smell-in-Car.html

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 10:45am

juliar wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 5:33pm:
Gasoline Smell in Car,  5 Common Causes
by Eddie Carrara

A gasoline smell in car can be very dangerous, you should never have a fuel smell in your vehicle, it's a sure sign of a problem, and it's potentially very dangerous. I have seen a lot of fuel leaks in my career, so I have compiled a list of the 5 most common reasons for a fuel smell in a vehicle or when you have your fan on.

1.       Injector leak

2.       Fuel tank leak

3.       Fuel line leak

4.       Faulty canister

5.       Missing gas cap

It really doesn't matter what is causing the gasoline smell in your car, you just need to have it fixed as soon as you start smelling fuel.  If the fuel leak is near the engine or exhaust, it could result in a fire and a potential total loss of your vehicle.  The fuel liquid is not the danger, the danger is the fumes, you see, liquid gasoline does not burn; the fumes are what catch fire.

Read all about it here

https://www.simple-car-answers.com/Gasoline-Smell-in-Car.html

what no pictures of gasoline cars catching on fire but pages full of crap about Teslas !

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 1:46pm

Scunge's whompy mind has developed an ignorance leak as she begs me to pay her some attention.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print