Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Liberal Staffers Sexually Assaulted (Read 15951 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Liberal Staffers Sexually Assaulted
Jul 31st, 2019 at 6:19am

'It was very quick and very sudden': Liberal staffers reveal alleged sexual assaults

"Two women who say they were sexually assaulted while working for senior politicians have blasted the Liberal Party's culture, as pressure grows for action on a long-awaited review ordered in the wake of last year's federal leadership turmoil.

"One woman who worked for a federal minister said another parliamentary staffer pinned her down and ripped off her underpants during a sitting week in Canberra in 2015, while a former staffer to the NSW speaker said a fellow Liberal came to her house the same year and forced himself on her while masturbating."

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Liberal Staffers Sexually Assaulted
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 8:17am

"Both women say they raised the incidents with more senior party figures but were dismissed, and are now speaking publicly to make the case for a new robust, transparent and confidential internal party complaints process."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 8:20am

you do so love this 'lust in the dust" stuff dont you gweggy.... Smiley Smiley

you must spend hours searching for it..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 8:22am

cods wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 8:20am:
you do so love this 'lust in the dust" stuff dont you gweggy.... Smiley Smiley

you must spend hours searching for it..

It was the very top story on the list of "Just In", dear.

No searching required.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 9:33am

"A former NSW Liberal staffer says her request for an internal investigation into an alleged sexual assault by a fellow Liberal went nowhere."

NSW Liberal staffer allegedly sexually assaulted by colleague says party took no action

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 3:56pm

seriously   why take so long?? we have had the ME TOO which has brought down many a man....why wait this long???..

I sometimes get the feeling something else has happened and this is a women in rage  who wants pay back...ok I know thats not good coming from a female  I am expected to be on their side...what happened should have been reported day one...if it happened in her home she should have called the POLICE....

why leave it to the party room?...we dont know the details how come he knew where she lived..something must have driven him to do this??...

why blame the party why not take him to court.?  thats all I am saying..

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 4:11pm

cods wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 3:56pm:
seriously   why take so long?? we have had the ME TOO which has brought down many a man....why wait this long???..

I sometimes get the feeling something else has happened and this is a women in rage  who wants pay back...ok I know thats not good coming from a female  I am expected to be on their side...what happened should have been reported day one...if it happened in her home she should have called the POLICE....

why leave it to the party room?...we dont know the details how come he knew where she lived..something must have driven him to do this??...

A lot of ppl leave it a long time for several reasons. 1 is fear (of a person with power) another is disbelief that it could happen to them. Ppl need time to deal with that sort of thing happening to them and many get ptsd. Sometimes the emotional stress of trauma like that destroys your credibility because of the stigma of the mental issues caused by it. There are many reasons to wait a long time. A lot of ppl never come forward.

It wasn't that long anyway. She tried to do it the right way and obviously it didn't work.

Freakin stupid spell check!
Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 4:35pm

Mmmmmmm!

I dont think any male Liberals Pollies would do this to women as they are a bunch of poofters as far  as I can ascertain!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 7:32pm

cods wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 3:56pm:

It does not take a lot of difference for many on the right to go all morally disgusted on this type of issue ?

Just think of Thomson.

Since then we have had open support for sexual assault and pedeophiles as long as they are politicians of the right it's ok.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2019 at 7:56pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 8:56pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 7:32pm:
Since then we have had open support for sexual assault and pedeophiles as long as they are politicians of the right it's ok.

Indeed.

Trump is accused of raping a child, yet people like aquascoot and xeej bend over backwards to defend him.

Liberal Party politicians are accused of sexually assaulting women, and they laugh it off.

I really, really hope the relevant authorities are monitoring this forum.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 9:20pm

if a person claims to have been sexually assaulted and has not taken that claim to the police then the accusation is false.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #11 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 7:39am

rhino wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 9:20pm:
if a person claims to have been sexually assaulted and has not taken that claim to the police then the accusation is false.

BS

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 8:28am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 1st, 2019 at 7:39am:

BS

Spot
so, mastermind, what basis do we have for assessing if a persons claim of sexual assault is valid?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #13 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 8:33am

rhino wrote on Aug 1st, 2019 at 8:28am:

BS

Spot
so, mastermind, what basis do we have for assessing if a persons claim of sexual assault is valid?

Thesis?

I tend to think if there are a lot of ppl claiming the same thing about certain people then it should be looked into by the authorities. I seriously dont think a blanket statement like "if someone hasnt taken the claim to the police they are lying" is a valid assessment.

Also I posted earlier in the thread some reasons why ppl might not go to the police straight away.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 1st, 2019 at 8:42am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 1st, 2019 at 8:33am:
rhino wrote on Aug 1st, 2019 at 8:28am:

BS

Spot

Thesis?

I tend to think if there are a lot of ppl claiming the same thing about certain people then it should be looked into by the authorities. I seriously dont think a blanket statement like "if someone hasnt taken the claim to the police they are lying" is a valid assessment.

Also I posted earlier in the thread some reasons why ppl might not go to the police straight away.

Spot
But we aren't talking about people who don't go to the police "straightaway" we are talking about people who choose to go to the media rather than the police. The only inference that can be made is that the claims are false.  The majority of sexual assault claims are false, that also needs to be said.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print