Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Bendigo mosque construction begins (Read 18000 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Bendigo mosque construction begins
Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:11pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Bendigo mosque construction begins
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:14pm

You'd never  see that happening in the Muslim world with a church. If the mosque is small it won't be an issue. If it's large Bendigo will get it's first Muslim enclave. Just like all over the western world.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 7:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:11pm:

The bastard wouldn't be seen dead at a Jewish or Christian (ie Western) ceremony of similar significance.  It's always pandering to the Muslims, always virtue signalling. A premier of a secular state turning the sod for a mosque?  'Vote for us, Muslims!!!"

Prostitutes. Like you, Bwian.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 7:56pm

someone get sore end a tissue. Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 8:00pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 7:56pm:

Don't try to bend over and spread to me, you perverted tanned Musulman.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 8:02pm

Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 8:00pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 7:56pm:

Don't try to bend over and spread to me, you perverted tanned Musulman.

we both know you'd enjoy it if I did.  But I don't lean in that direction ... perhaps you can ask bobby?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:18pm

Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 7:50pm:

The bastard wouldn't be seen dead at a Jewish or Christian (ie Western) ceremony of similar significance.  It's always pandering to the Muslims, always virtue signalling. A premier of a secular state turning the sod for a mosque?  'Vote for us, Muslims!!!"

Really?  I don't believe I've ever been paid for sex, Soren.  You really do have an odd view of life, don't you?  The majority of Bendigoites favour the Mosque there.   Get used to it.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:19pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:14pm:
You'd never  see that happening in the Muslim world with a church. If the mosque is small it won't be an issue. If it's large Bendigo will get it's first Muslim enclave. Just like all over the western world.

Muslims have been in Bendigo for over 150 years, Hammer.   I think your concerns are a bit late and are of course, rather Islamophobic in nature.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:28pm

That's what I liked about the Cronulla Riots.
It was never about Christians V Moslems (Religion v Religion).
Like Camden making sure no Mosque will be built.

It was about Beach loving Aussies and Aussies in general standing up for themselves against Moslem bullying.
...until the Cops, Politicians and MEDIA - protected the Moslems from 'Australia'.

But I guess. The Cops, Politicians, Media and Christians are saying to 'general Australians'
"If you can't come up with your own local Religion to 'compete' - then you'll get Mosques, Synagogues & Churches until then. So shut up and take it up the clacker you convicts!"

The USA is smart. It's come up with its own 'version' of Religion: Mormonism.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 7:52am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:18pm:

Really?  I don't believe I've ever been paid for sex, Soren.  You really do have an odd view of life, don't you?  The majority of Bendigoites favour the Mosque there.   Get used to it.    Roll Eyes

Bullshit.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 10:52am

Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 7:52am:

Bullshit.

And your proof otherwise is, what, exactly, Xeej?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:21am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 10:52am:

Bullshit.

You made the statement so back it up.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 2:03pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:21am:

Bullshit.

Quote:
Not all the local residents are against the building of a mosque. About 200 anti-racism protesters also attended under the banner of the Rally For Diversity, and a group called Believe in Bendigo previously gathered a crowd of over 2000 to show support for the mosque and the Muslim community.

“Believe In Bendigo is basically a group that believes in community,” said Jayson Tayeh. “There is enough faith in our community; people that believe in inclusiveness, people that believe in diversity.”

“It's heartening to see over 2000 people turn up to show their support for inclusion and tolerance,” said Mr Syed. “Why can't we live together with respect, peace and harmony?”

Mr Cox believes the community and the country can be strengthened from diversity and unity.

"It's not as if Muslims have arrived just yesterday, they have been here for over a hundred years,” said Mr Cox. “They're Australians, we're Australians, we all share those values.”

[Source]

If you look at any of the protests against the Mosque, the overwhelming number of protestors came from outside Bendigo.  Only a small number of protestors were from Bendigo itself.  Therefore is IMO safe to conclude that the majority of Bendigoites are either indifferent or support the Mosque's establishment.  QED.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 4:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 2:03pm:

Bullshit.

Quote:
Not all the local residents are against the building of a mosque. About 200 anti-racism protesters also attended under the banner of the Rally For Diversity, and a group called Believe in Bendigo previously gathered a crowd of over 2000 to show support for the mosque and the Muslim community.

“Believe In Bendigo is basically a group that believes in community,” said Jayson Tayeh. “There is enough faith in our community; people that believe in inclusiveness, people that believe in diversity.”

“It's heartening to see over 2000 people turn up to show their support for inclusion and tolerance,” said Mr Syed. “Why can't we live together with respect, peace and harmony?”

Mr Cox believes the community and the country can be strengthened from diversity and unity.

"It's not as if Muslims have arrived just yesterday, they have been here for over a hundred years,” said Mr Cox. “They're Australians, we're Australians, we all share those values.”

[Source]

If you look at any of the protests against the Mosque, the overwhelming number of protestors came from outside Bendigo.  Only a small number of protestors were from Bendigo itself.  Therefore is IMO safe to conclude that the majority of Bendigoites are either indifferent or support the Mosque's establishment.  QED.   Roll Eyes

Thats only your opinion and i still call BS.
There was not even a poll to test public support, funny that.

"The Greater Bendigo council has tonight approved a planning application to build a Mosque in Rowena Street, East Bendigo.

"There are many conditions on the permit to make sure the impact on neighbours is acceptable.

"The city received more than 350 objections to the development and more than 40 submissions of support.

Despite this they continued.

There were two types at all these protests, there were those with concerns about this Mosque and what it stands for and there were those that were just there to shout out fascist bigot racist islamophobe, the Anti Australians.

There were plenty of vocal locals turning out at every protest against this Mosque, they will probably be beheaded later.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 5:18pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 4:43pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 2:03pm:

Bullshit.

Quote:

[Source]

Thats only your opinion and i still call BS.
There was not even a poll to test public support, funny that.

"The Greater Bendigo council has tonight approved a planning application to build a Mosque in Rowena Street, East Bendigo.

"There are many conditions on the permit to make sure the impact on neighbours is acceptable.

"The city received more than 350 objections to the development and more than 40 submissions of support.

Despite this they continued.

There were two types at all these protests, there were those with concerns about this Mosque and what it stands for and there were those that were just there to shout out fascist bigot racist islamophobe, the Anti Australians.

There were plenty of vocal locals turning out at every protest against this Mosque, they will probably be beheaded later.

A tiny minority of Islamophobes.  There are approximately 110,000 residents in Bendigo.  Only, as you note 350 plus a further 40 chose to object to the establishment of the Mosque.  Hardly worth bothering about  really.  There have been Muslims in Bendigo for ~150 years.  Don't you think it is time they had a chance to have a proper Mosque at which to pray?   Roll Eyes

What ever happened to the idea of a fair go for everybody, mate?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 20
Send Topic Print