Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Bendigo mosque construction begins (Read 18418 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Bendigo mosque construction begins
Reply #15 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 5:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 2:03pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:21am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 10:52am:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 7:52am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:18pm:
Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 7:50pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:11pm:

The bastard wouldn't be seen dead at a Jewish or Christian (ie Western) ceremony of similar significance.  It's always pandering to the Muslims, always virtue signalling. A premier of a secular state turning the sod for a mosque?  'Vote for us, Muslims!!!"

Prostitutes. Like you, Bwian.

Really?  I don't believe I've ever been paid for sex, Soren.  You really do have an odd view of life, don't you?  The majority of Bendigoites favour the Mosque there.   Get used to it.    Roll Eyes

Bullshit.

And your proof otherwise is, what, exactly, Xeej?    Roll Eyes

You made the statement so back it up.

Quote:
Not all the local residents are against the building of a mosque. About 200 anti-racism protesters also attended under the banner of the Rally For Diversity, and a group called Believe in Bendigo previously gathered a crowd of over 2000 to show support for the mosque and the Muslim community.

“Believe In Bendigo is basically a group that believes in community,” said Jayson Tayeh. “There is enough faith in our community; people that believe in inclusiveness, people that believe in diversity.”

“It's heartening to see over 2000 people turn up to show their support for inclusion and tolerance,” said Mr Syed. “Why can't we live together with respect, peace and harmony?”

Mr Cox believes the community and the country can be strengthened from diversity and unity.

"It's not as if Muslims have arrived just yesterday, they have been here for over a hundred years,” said Mr Cox. “They're Australians, we're Australians, we all share those values.”

[Source]

If you look at any of the protests against the Mosque, the overwhelming number of protestors came from outside Bendigo.  Only a small number of protestors were from Bendigo itself.  Therefore is IMO safe to conclude that the majority of Bendigoites are either indifferent or support the Mosque's establishment.  QED.   Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin

That's a clime-down and a half, Bwian, from 'majority support' to "IMO" majority indifferent (or support).  Your lying ways exposed once again.

You asserted something as fact in your earlier post which turns out entirely your own speculation - and we know the value of your speculations, Bwian.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 5:38pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:19pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:14pm:
You'd never  see that happening in the Muslim world with a church. If the mosque is small it won't be an issue. If it's large Bendigo will get it's first Muslim enclave. Just like all over the western world.

Muslims have been in Bendigo for over 150 years, Hammer.   I think your concerns are a bit late and are of course, rather Islamophobic in nature.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

How many? About 300, in a population of 140,000?

The most common religious affiliation is no religious affiliation. 36.2% of residents claim no religious affiliation, while 22% claim a Catholic religious affiliation. The next three most common religious affiliations are Anglican at 17.6% of the population, Uniting Church at 9.1% of the population, and 3% of the population claiming Presbyterian affiliation. In the city of Bendigo, 92.6% of households speak only the English language, and 4.2% of households speak two or more languages.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #17 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 5:48pm

Frank wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 5:32pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 2:03pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:21am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 10:52am:
Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 7:52am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:18pm:
Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 7:50pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:11pm:

The bastard wouldn't be seen dead at a Jewish or Christian (ie Western) ceremony of similar significance.  It's always pandering to the Muslims, always virtue signalling. A premier of a secular state turning the sod for a mosque?  'Vote for us, Muslims!!!"

Prostitutes. Like you, Bwian.

Really?  I don't believe I've ever been paid for sex, Soren.  You really do have an odd view of life, don't you?  The majority of Bendigoites favour the Mosque there.   Get used to it.    Roll Eyes

Bullshit.

And your proof otherwise is, what, exactly, Xeej?    Roll Eyes

You made the statement so back it up.

Quote:
Not all the local residents are against the building of a mosque. About 200 anti-racism protesters also attended under the banner of the Rally For Diversity, and a group called Believe in Bendigo previously gathered a crowd of over 2000 to show support for the mosque and the Muslim community.

“Believe In Bendigo is basically a group that believes in community,” said Jayson Tayeh. “There is enough faith in our community; people that believe in inclusiveness, people that believe in diversity.”

“It's heartening to see over 2000 people turn up to show their support for inclusion and tolerance,” said Mr Syed. “Why can't we live together with respect, peace and harmony?”

Mr Cox believes the community and the country can be strengthened from diversity and unity.

"It's not as if Muslims have arrived just yesterday, they have been here for over a hundred years,” said Mr Cox. “They're Australians, we're Australians, we all share those values.”

[Source]

If you look at any of the protests against the Mosque, the overwhelming number of protestors came from outside Bendigo.  Only a small number of protestors were from Bendigo itself.  Therefore is IMO safe to conclude that the majority of Bendigoites are either indifferent or support the Mosque's establishment.  QED.   Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin

That's a clime-down and a half, Bwian, from 'majority support' to "IMO" majority indifferent (or support).  Your lying ways exposed once again.

You asserted something as fact in your earlier post which turns out entirely your own speculation - and we know the value of your speculations, Bwian.

Oh,dearie, dearie, me.  A clarification is not a lie, Soren.  Otherwise we'd be calling you a liar all day long, now wouldn't we?  Tsk, tsk, appears you missed out the "fair go for all," part of the civics lecture, now didn't you?  Call yourself an Australian?  You should be ashamed of your intolerance and your hatred, Soren.    Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2019 at 8:28pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #18 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 5:49pm

Frank wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 5:38pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 9:19pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 26th, 2019 at 6:14pm:
You'd never  see that happening in the Muslim world with a church. If the mosque is small it won't be an issue. If it's large Bendigo will get it's first Muslim enclave. Just like all over the western world.

Muslims have been in Bendigo for over 150 years, Hammer.   I think your concerns are a bit late and are of course, rather Islamophobic in nature.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

How many? About 300, in a population of 140,000?

More than sufficient to be given a fair go, Soren.   Get back to us when you've learnt that part of the civics programme, OK?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 6:14pm

Andrews has some new friends, not to mention the Africans.

votes.JPG (26 KB | 14 )
votes.JPG

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 8:27pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 6:14pm:

Andrews is a politician.  He is always making new friends.  Do you have a problem with him doing his job as Premier?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 8:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 8:27pm:

Andrews is a politician.  He is always making new friends.  Do you have a problem with him doing his job as Premier?   Roll Eyes

Now that's funny Brian, they are more like bedfellows to Andrews the Muslim cock sucking apologist.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 9:24pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 8:36pm:

Now that's funny Brian, they are more like bedfellows to Andrews the Muslim cock sucking apologist.

You know, I just love when people reach into their mud buckets and throw it all over other people.  It just shows how poor their arguments really are.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 9:39pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 9:24pm:

You know, I just love when people reach into their mud buckets and throw it all over other people.  It just shows how poor their arguments really are.    Roll Eyes

Got nothing then,,

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 10:03pm

Why did the Andrews government pitch in $400,000 towards this facility for the Muslims when a new pub or some facility for all would be more inclusive.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 10:59pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 9:39pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 9:24pm:

Got nothing then,,

Why are you describing your own lack of argument, Xeej?  You decided to throw mud, no one else. Tsk, tsk, why do you waste our time with your bullshit?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #26 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:01pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 10:03pm:
Why did the Andrews government pitch in $400,000 towards this facility for the Muslims when a new pub or some facility for all would be more inclusive.

No idea.  I doubt a pub would be inclusive of Muslims, though.  Who needs another pub when people need a new Mosque?  Mmmmm?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:31pm

Vote buying for Labor

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:01pm:

No idea.  I doubt a pub would be inclusive of Muslims, though.  Who needs another pub when people need a new Mosque?  Mmmmm?    Roll Eyes
Concerned citizens need to take action.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #29 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:55pm

rhino wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:50pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2019 at 11:01pm:

Concerned citizens need to take action.

Such as?  I do hope you're not advocating violence, Rhino...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Send Topic Print