Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saudis support Chinas treatment of muslims (Read 629 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Saudis support Chinas treatment of muslims
Jul 21st, 2019 at 10:22pm

Quote:
Saudi Arabia, Russia express support for China's treatment of Uyghur Muslims in Xinjiang

Saudi Arabia, Russia and 35 other states have written to the United Nations supporting China's policies in its western region of Xinjiang, in contrast to strong Western criticism.

China has been accused of detaining a million Muslims and persecuting ethnic Uyghurs in Xinjiang, and 22 ambassadors signed a letter to the UN Human Rights Council this week criticising its policies.

Countries including Australia, Britain, Germany and Japan called upon China to "refrain from the arbitrary detention and restrictions on freedom of movement of Uyghurs, and other Muslim and minority communities in Xinjiang".

But in a show of China's growing diplomatic clout, an opposing letter accused the West of "politicising human rights" and commended what it called China's "remarkable achievements" in human rights.

In addition to Saudi Arabia and Russia, the pro-China letter was signed by ambassadors from many African countries, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, Belarus, Myanmar, the Philippines, Syria, Pakistan, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.

"Faced with the grave challenge of terrorism and extremism, China has undertaken a series of counter-terrorism and de-radicalisation measures in Xinjiang, including setting up vocational education and training centres," it said.

The letter said security had returned to Xinjiang and the fundamental human rights of people of all ethnic groups there had been safeguarded.

There had been no terrorist attack there for three years and people enjoyed a stronger sense of happiness, fulfillment and security, the letter added.

The ruling Chinese Communist Party maintains that its repressive measures in Xinjiang are "counter-terrorism" tactics against ethnic Uyghur separatists and Islamic extremists.

While only several thousand Uyghur Muslims are estimated to have travelled to Syria and Iraq to fight for Islamic State, some 10 per cent of the entire Uyghur population is estimated to have been detained.

A report from Amnesty International in 2018 claimed that public expressions of faith were now deemed "extremist" by authorities, including growing a beard, praying or fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Those in detention camps are reportedly forced to chant slogans, watch propaganda videos, denounce their religion and pledge loyalty to the communist party in overcrowded cells.

No leader of a major Muslim-majority country has publicly condemned the treatment of Muslims in Xinjiang,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-13/saudi-arabia-russia-support-china-treatme...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Saudis support Chinas treatment of muslims
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 4:39pm

I have read that the Chinese use these and other *political* prisoners as their source for the human body parts trade, I think some of the muzzie countries do the exact same thing.

-----aaaannnnndddd they wonder why I'm a true blue right winger.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 4:41pm

moses wrote on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 4:39pm:
-----aaaannnnndddd they wonder why I'm a true blue right winger.

Nope, no wonder on my part, Moses.  I know it is because you're an Islamophobe, through and through.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 4:47pm

Aw gee you forgot the human-body-partsophob.

Now I'm really down in the dumps.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 4:56pm

moses wrote on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 4:47pm:
Now I'm really down in the dumps.

Boring.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 5:10pm

Yeah I suppose that a world where we don't have the human body parts trade of the Chinese leftards and the muzzies, would be boring for our local loony leftards.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 11:31pm

Yeah I suppose that a world where we don't have the human body parts trade of the Rightards and the Christians, would be boring for our local loony Rightards.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2019 at 4:04pm

Oh how the loony leftard seethes in rage, as he witnesses the hated white western Christian world progressing in the civilization stakes.

This has him so embittered, he says and does anything at all to promote his beloved islam as being the equal of other beliefs in the world.

Well it's all bad news for him, the world is turning on the duo of evil (loony leftards / islam).

It's only a matter of time, truth is the enemy of this duo of evilness, they are trying to stop truth surfacing, however human nature will always reach for right over wrong in the long run.

A little bit longer yet, before truth and right will win the day.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print