Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ENVY...what it tells us. (Read 2190 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

ENVY...what it tells us.
Jul 21st, 2019 at 6:47am

trump has brought this topic to my mind.

what does it tell you when you are envious of someone?
if youre not careful, this emotion can literally consume you.

but is it useful to analyse your envy?

when you are envious of someone, the basic frame is that "you would like to have what they have".
and if you cant have it, you would like to see them fall.
you would like to see them fall and you would like to give them a good kick in the stomach when they are on the ground.
people dont like to admit that to themselves but i think if we are honest with ourselves, there is an aggressive and violent underpinning to when we are really envious of someone

i see a lot of people in the american threads who just cannot stop thinking about trump.
and the tone of their vitriol, leaves me in no doubt that they would like to see him fall and they would like to give him a good kicking once he was down.

they might deny this to themselves but i think if they were to look at the dark corners of their minds, this is a true statement.

how can we learn from this.

when they look at someone they envy, they might see someone with "power" or "money".

the take home message is that the envious person would like some of that themselves.

they would like some power and they would like some cash.
it would be so much better if they could just admit that to themselves, because then they could find a path forward to attaining those goals.

if they were trying to move forward and get the things they are envious of, then they have a goal, they have a purpose, they can bounce out of bed, full of enthusiasm and they will be driven by positive emotions, because we always feel good when we are working towards attaining something we want.

but until they can admit to themselves,

"yep, i want some power, i ant some influence, i want a beautiful partner", all they can do is hate on the guy who has that and that leads them to frustration, anger, despair, torment and self loathing.

so when you next feel envious of trump or some over paid public servant or some wall street guy or some guy with a red sports car, 

dont hate.

examine and make a strategic plan to go after it with all your energy.

that will energise you instead of making you feel like poo

IP Logged

SerialBrain9
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ENVY...what it tells us.
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 8:25am

Im not sure there's a cure for
TDS

Maybe we could start selling ribbons to help find a cure?

Start some sort of fund raising campaign like

TDS - Help Find a Cure

Unknown.jpg (3 KB | 9 )
Unknown.jpg

Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 12:19pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 6:47am:
when you are envious of someone, the basic frame is that "you would like to have what they have".
you would like to see them fall and you would like to give them a good kick in the stomach when they are on the ground.
people dont like to admit that to themselves but i think if we are honest with ourselves, there is an aggressive and violent underpinning to when we are really envious of someone

i see a lot of people in the american threads who just cannot stop thinking about trump.
and the tone of their vitriol, leaves me in no doubt that they would like to see him fall and they would like to give him a good kicking once he was down.

they might deny this to themselves but i think if they were to look at the dark corners of their minds, this is a true statement.

More complete garbage from aquascoot
That is quite a leap in logic to try and claim some link between envy, violence and Trump but to simultaneously provide absolutely no evidence for any link.
This is just one of aquascoot's thought doodles that has no grounding in the real world.

has it occurred to you that the reason many people don't like Trump is because he is a poor president with poorly thought out populist policies and an abrasive combative style which is an embarrassment on the world stage.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 1:05pm

They are usually profligate spenders.

Buying 'status' articles, and such, until the money they have access to [ofttimes not their own] is gone.

They are total wasters, literally.

The opposite of people who are provident/providential.

Garbage - Stupid Girl

good song

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 6:12pm

It can work both ways.
I still love long work hours but I have noticed a lot of guys who work too hard ( harder then they want to ) start to get really nasty to anyone who is lazing about.

I realise that they are envious of the idle.
Now , I think that's insane but its a real thing.

And if a guy is resenting being too pressured at work, then nurturing himself, having a day off to play golf or go fishing is his path forward.

Admit that envy is sending you a message and then re direct your aim.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2019 at 6:22pm by aquascoot »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 6:24pm

theres a lot of envy for want of a better word  from members on here regarding other forums and the management...

who knows perhaps this forum would run a lot smoother if this certain envious person left the place where they seem to find nothing but trouble...

do you think some people actually go looking for trouble aqua?....or am I imagining it?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 6:38pm

SerialBrain9 wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 8:25am:
Im not sure there's a cure for
TDS

Maybe we could start selling ribbons to help find a cure?

Start some sort of fund raising campaign like

TDS - Help Find a Cure

I have been waiting for this opportunity.

So....Trumo attracts adverse comment at large.  "Hmmmmm," says Goebells, "Whatever shall I do?"

"I know...we'll give it a name...something we can tag these adverse commentators with.  Let's call it 'Trump Derangement Syndrome...shortened to TDS.'  So whenever our Glorious Fuhrer (of the Fourth Reich) Donald Trump is under attack, all we have to do is point, shout 'TDS,' and that will neutralise it.  "Not only that, all the Nationalists will rally around the call."

Far cough with your crappy construct of TDS.
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2019 at 7:42pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 7:41pm

cods wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 6:24pm:
theres a lot of envy for want of a better word  from members on here regarding other forums and the management...

who knows perhaps this forum would run a lot smoother if this certain envious person left the place where they seem to find nothing but trouble...

do you think some people actually go looking for trouble aqua?....or am I imagining it?

It would seem so

But use that to come to the conclusion....

I'm envious.
That means someone is doing something or has something I want.
Maybe it's power or status or beauty or big muscles.

Now you can be a hater and just become bitter and destructive or you can stop the self deceit, admit you want that too and work on getting it.

Once you are moving towards a goal you feel better because aiming for something releases pleasure hormones.
If you stay in resistance....

If you are skinny and hate the guy with biceps.
If you are a fat girl and hate girls with a good figure
If you are poor and hate the rich
If you lack power and hate the powerful

Then you are overwhelmed with negative feelings, stress hormones, cortisol, adrenaline
That just puts you in a downward spiral and you feel worse and more destructive every day, til you are honest and become strategic about getting what you are envious of.

You will never get it by denying you want it

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 7:45pm

stick to shovelling horse poo horse boy Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 7:51pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 7:45pm:

I have businesses to run but I would actually shovel horse poo from 6 am to midnight if I could.
It's very therapeutic.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #10 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 7:56pm

I remain deeply envious of your never-ending ability to hold such views....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 8:13pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 12:19pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 6:47am:

More complete garbage from aquascoot
That is quite a leap in logic to try and claim some link between envy, violence and Trump but to simultaneously provide absolutely no evidence for any link.
This is just one of aquascoot's thought doodles that has no grounding in the real world.

has it occurred to you that the reason many people don't like Trump is because he is a poor president with poorly thought out populist policies and an abrasive combative style which is an embarrassment on the world stage.

Aquascoot makes perfect sense to me and he is in more of a real world than you do, you pompous parasite. Anyone here, in my mind is very much 'Real' in what they WRITE as a participant in a very real Forum in the here and now.
While YOU think reality only has to exist over there in USA and TV Land from what 'they' show you.

Trumps 'abrasive' quality is what has proven tough on the World stage dealing with the likes of China, North Korea, Islam and more. His straight to the point is like a quick shooting Cowboy.
The World does not revolve around the views of the Media and 'its people' only.  Roll Eyes
And through Trump, its showing the World that it doesn't own Politics either.

Take your Media and get out of North America, get out of Sahul (Aust, etc) and STAY out of South America too or you will find out what happened with the Middle-East so long ago with Africa, Asia and Europe on all sides.
So sit back in you Media world of Oceania and sip a coconut-pineapple-mango Cocktail while you casually just stay f*ucked off!

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 8:19pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 7:51pm:

I have businesses to run but I would actually shovel horse poo from 6 am to midnight if I could.
It's very therapeutic.

there you go .. we're in agreement then. From now on, leave the psychology to the professionals and you stick to shovelling horse poo

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 10:33pm

It's very therapeutic.

Yes.

For me, cutting 'morning wood' on a chopping block,
or, going for a sedate MB bike ride in the forest.

.....and, reading scripture.

Wink

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 10:40pm

Yadda wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 10:33pm:

It's very therapeutic.

Yes.

For me, cutting 'morning wood' on a chopping block,
or, going for a sedate MB bike ride in the forest.

.....and, reading scripture.

Wink

Yadda the Rabbi? Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print