Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Celebrity Chef 7.8 Million Underpayment Scandal (Read 2193 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Celebrity Chef 7.8 Million Underpayment Scandal
Reply #15 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 9:56am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 24th, 2019 at 12:26pm:
cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2019 at 10:03am:
it isnt crap its been running 11 years.. get over yourself...you are not paid to watch anything...

I didnt see too much noise from the unions over clives disgraceful behavior   he actually emptied the Qld nichol coffers......ok yet to be proved!  but who else?..

they havent hounded him out of business 

for all we know he is paying them to be quiet   he appears to have the means.

Too much conspiracy there, cods.. I doubt the Unions would not have at Clive at every opportunity. Unions don't 'hound' anyone out of business.... they protect and defend worker rights and conditions, and work on pay claims, and negotiate for payment for jobs under WorkChoices Lite...

Bad business people 'hound' themselves out of of business ... usually emptying the till first, and then vanishing like Alice's Cheshire cat.... and then re-appearing as someone else..

BTW - what's Slim Mehajer up to these days?  Got another business running under a different name and still reaping the millions for not actually producing a thing and not paying his subbies?

https://www.9news.com.au/salim-mehajer

His fancy car in pieces on the road - insurance job?

sorry mate   I was comparing $7.8 million with $70 million....

and guess who is still alive and well and doing god only knows what with MONEY   that he owes his ex employees....... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I dont and have never agreed with anyone not getting a fair wage and getting their full entitlements    in this day and age its outrageous and I will fight for them thats for sure...

but I do see an anomaly  in the treatment of these two cases......thats all I am saying..Palmer hasnt even been shamed ... he even tried to win a seat in Townsville.....no one else would dare show their face....

he hasnt been brought down and by the look of things he never will be..

where as george on the other hand   mmmmmmmm

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 9:56am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 9:55am:
cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 9:50am:
Gnads wrote on Jul 24th, 2019 at 3:09pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 24th, 2019 at 9:24am:
Gnads wrote on Jul 24th, 2019 at 8:52am:
cods wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 8:00am:
Quote:
Quotes attributable to ACTU President Michele O’Neil:

“If anyone stole $7.8 million and got caught they would expect to spend a long time in prison, but when you’re an employer and you steal from your workers all you have to do is pay it back. This needs to change.

not a good look for George or anyone for that matter I agree...

but where are these union people when someon like Clive Palmer can rip off his employees to the tune of $70million... and then spend $80 million on trying to get into parliament?..

got an answer for that one crook?.

seems to me Clive is a million times worse than George yet havent heard a soul call for his neck! Angry Angry

Cods ... the Union movement was heavily involved in publicly bagging out Clive Palmer over his treatment of QLD Nickel employees.

Palmer hid behind the technicalities of Corporate/Company Law to to avoid his obligations.

Columbaris was audited by Fair Work and found to be heavily underpaying his staff.

Good thing is Columbaris has been dropped from his role as judge on MASTER CHEF.

His 2 fellow judges are leaving as well ......

the irony in that is (according to this mornings news) that they are all leaving because of a pay dispute  Grin Grin Grin

They want a pay increase & Ch10 said no.

fancy Columbaris wanting a pay rise ... the grub bastard. Angry

One crap TV show off the air.

Only about 300 more to go.

it isnt crap its been running 11 years.. get over yourself...you are not paid to watch anything...

I didnt see too much noise from the unions over clives disgraceful behavior   he actually emptied the Qld nichol coffers......ok yet to be proved!  but who else?..

So all you care about is the reality TV show Cods? Roll Eyes

You didn't read or ignored my post..... the Union movement was very vocal against Clive Palmer.

It didn't affect just QLD Nickel workers .... 30 Train Drivers in Townville were also made redundant. My Union was heavily involved in that outfall.

Palmer owed my company $27 million in freight charges.

Palmers case is not Columbariss' case.

both are asreholes.

I have to agree with Peccarhead on this

one dumb reality show gone ... 300 more to go

is that why so many Qld Nickel workers are still waiting for their money????....

ummmmmm.......yet they are after  George....and yes a show only runs for 11 years because it is popular...

it doesnt matter what I think..

I am outraged about Palmers absolute hypocrisy spending $80 million on a lost cause  in fact a cause he should never  have been allowed to take part in imo.

have I seen anyone come down on him for that??????

not so far...

and there is no difference between the two at all..

workers didnt get their entitlements..

Popular doesn't = good.

Masterchef is crap TV.

Not as bad as The Living Room, but mighty close.

so you have watched both.. Roll Eyes

and therefore your opinion of those who take part is worthy..

i think i have got it!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:06am

cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 9:56am:
Quote:

“If anyone stole $7.8 million and got caught they would expect to spend a long time in prison, but when you’re an employer and you steal from your workers all you have to do is pay it back. This needs to change.

but where are these union people when someon like Clive Palmer can rip off his employees to the tune of $70million... and then spend $80 million on trying to get into parliament?..

seems to me Clive is a million times worse than George yet havent heard a soul call for his neck! Angry Angry

Cods ... the Union movement was heavily involved in publicly bagging out Clive Palmer over his treatment of QLD Nickel employees.

Palmer hid behind the technicalities of Corporate/Company Law to to avoid his obligations.

Columbaris was audited by Fair Work and found to be heavily underpaying his staff.

Good thing is Columbaris has been dropped from his role as judge on MASTER CHEF.

the irony in that is (according to this mornings news) that they are all leaving because of a pay dispute  Grin Grin Grin

You didn't read or ignored my post..... the Union movement was very vocal against Clive Palmer.

It didn't affect just QLD Nickel workers .... 30 Train Drivers in Townville were also made redundant. My Union was heavily involved in that outfall.

both are asreholes.

is that why so many Qld Nickel workers are still waiting for their money????....

ummmmmm.......yet they are after  George....and yes a show only runs for 11 years because it is popular...

I am outraged about Palmers absolute hypocrisy spending $80 million on a lost cause  in fact a cause he should never  have been allowed to take part in imo.

not so far...

Popular doesn't = good.

Masterchef is crap TV.

i think i have got it!

Yes, I've watched both.

They are appalling shows.

There's nothing "real" about Masterchef.

You don't honestly believe that they do those challenges in 90 minutes, do you?

They're filmed over the course of one or two days, and then the best bits are edited together to make it look like it all happened in and hour and a half.

And the scripted talking to camera nonsense by the contestants - give me a break!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:33am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:06am:
Quote:

both are asreholes.

not so far...

Popular doesn't = good.

Masterchef is crap TV.

i think i have got it!

Yes, I've watched both.

They're filmed over the course of one or two days, and then the best bits are edited together to make it look like it all happened in and hour and a half.

And the scripted talking to camera nonsense by the contestants - give me a break!  Roll Eyes

so you have actually seen the show made?.. wow   

I havent heard of anyone being allowed to see the show made   over 11 years  average 24 contestants eachtime.... thats an awful lot of people to keep quiet on story that BIG...

but we have to believe what you claim dont we? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:55am

Quote:

and like the stupid voice and singing canary competitions the people making the real money are the four twits in the seats spinning around. The winning contestant gets his 5 minutes of fame and is lucky to be remebered 6 months after the event Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:57am

Sir lastnail wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:55am:
Quote:

and like the stupid voice and singing canary competitions the people making the real money are the four twits in the seats spinning around. The winning contestant gets his 5 minutes of fame and is lucky to be remebered 6 months after the event Sad

but in the case of masterchef they walk away with $250.000 why would they care...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 11:01am

cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:33am:
Quote:

both are asreholes.

not so far...

Popular doesn't = good.

Masterchef is crap TV.

i think i have got it!

Yes, I've watched both.

I havent heard of anyone being allowed to see the show made   over 11 years  average 24 contestants eachtime.... thats an awful lot of people to keep quiet on story that BIG...

cods, it's a highly edited, highly scripted show.

The 90 minute challenges are filmed over the course of the entire day.

When they talk to the camera, reflecting on what happened, it's all carefully scripted and edited.

Please tell me you understand this.

Masterchef is NOT a reality show.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 11:49am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 11:01am:
cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 10:33am:
Quote:

both are asreholes.

not so far...

Popular doesn't = good.

Masterchef is crap TV.

i think i have got it!

Yes, I've watched both.

cods, it's a highly edited, highly scripted show.

The 90 minute challenges are filmed over the course of the entire day.

When they talk to the camera, reflecting on what happened, it's all carefully scripted and edited.

Please tell me you understand this.

Masterchef is NOT a reality show.

greg I get that part the benches all nicely wiped down....I get that but to say its filmed over a whole day  I find exceptionally fraudulent    and would have expected it to be exposed long before now...

if you have real evidence of this you should at least contact the news media.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:00pm

cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 11:49am:
greg I get that part the benches all nicely wiped down....I get that but to say its filmed over a whole day  I find exceptionally fraudulent    and would have expected it to be exposed long before now...

It's not fraudulent - it's just a silly TV show - they can do whatever they want. It shouldn't upset anyone.

George Reeves didn't really fly in the Superman TV show you know.

The contestants on Masterchef often film for 12 hours a day.

Lots of editing, and lots of different takes.

Now, you won't believe this, but it's true so I'm going to tell you anyway.

I was having lunch in Rome a few years ago (2012 or 2013), and Masterchef was filming right out front of the restaurant I was eating at.

They were there all day.

Take after take after take.

I went back to the piazza later in the day, around 6pm, and they were just finishing filming.

And, more recently, they were filming at a restaurant right near my office in Perth.

They were there before the sun came up, and they were still filming after the sun went down.

But hey, if you like the show, that's great.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:24pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:00pm:

It's not fraudulent - it's just a silly TV show - they can do whatever they want. It shouldn't upset anyone.

I was having lunch in Rome a few years ago (2012 or 2013), and Masterchef was filming right out front of the restaurant I was eating at.

They were there all day.

I went back to the piazza later in the day, around 6pm, and they were just finishing filming.

And, more recently, they were filming at a restaurant right near my office in Perth.

They were there before the sun came up, and they were still filming after the sun went down.

so you say.......why isnt it common knowledge?...

AND IT IS FRUDULENT TO CLAIM SOMETHING TAKE 60 OR 90 MINUTES WHEN IN FACT ITS TAKEN ALL DAY...

mark my word it is fraud greg...and why would all those "famous" chefs be a part of that fraud.?....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:36pm

It's common sense, cods.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:38pm

cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:24pm:

They were there all day.

AND IT IS FRUDULENT TO CLAIM SOMETHING TAKE 60 OR 90 MINUTES WHEN IN FACT ITS TAKEN ALL DAY...

mark my word it is fraud greg...and why would all those "famous" chefs be a part of that fraud.?....

Settle, petal.

It's not fraud - it's TV (make believe).

Found this for you:

MasterChef behind the scenes secrets

"WHAT REALLY HAPPENS WHEN THE CLOCK STOPS?

"They keep on filming!

"While a challenge might only last 60 minutes, an average filming day is much longer.

"After the judges' taste-test and the verdict is delivered, contenders sometimes head home after spending 12 hours of their day filming."

Oh, and this is where I was having lunch when they were filming in Rome (I was in a restaurant to the left of them, and they set up tables and hotplates etc. in the middle of the piazza).

Greg_Rome.JPG (60 KB | 8 )
Greg_Rome.JPG

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:42pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:38pm:

They were there all day.

Settle, petal.

Found this for you:

"They keep on filming!

"While a challenge might only last 60 minutes, an average filming day is much longer.

"After the judges' taste-test and the verdict is delivered, contenders sometimes head home after spending 12 hours of their day filming."

Oh, and this is where I was having lunch when they were filming in Rome (I was in a restaurant to the left of them, and they set up tables and hotplates etc. in the middle of the piazza).

if it was MAKE BELIEVE it would be called REALITY TV..

give us a break greg....

I dont believe you because it should be common knowledge...... even if its stretched by half an hour its hoodwinking....its fraud...

what about the bits done in restaurants   like the final???..

is that also done over a day?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:47pm

cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:42pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 25th, 2019 at 12:38pm:

They were there all day.

Settle, petal.

Found this for you:

"They keep on filming!

if it was MAKE BELIEVE it would be called REALITY TV..

give us a break greg....

I dont believe you because it should be common knowledge...... even if its stretched by half an hour its hoodwinking....its fraud...

what about the bits done in restaurants   like the final???..

is that also done over a day?

Absolutely.

In the restaurant near my office in Perth, they were there from sunup to sundown.

Same with Rome: 6am to 6pm.

It's all make believe, dear.

Scripted (to some degree) and heavily edited, like any other show.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 25th, 2019 at 2:27pm

Quote:

both are asreholes.

not so far...

Cods... Palmers election tilt wasn't a lost cause for him ..... it was all about him .... with his preferences going to the LNP .. the swing against Labor in QLD... and then Adani mine getting the go ahead he got exactly what he wanted ...

Clive has a big mining lease right near the Adani mine which is even bigger .....great chance that will now get the go ahead for his company Minerology .... and when that gets going the $80 million will be well spent.

Yes theft is theft .... but you keep ignoring that the Union movement has been very vocal in opposing everything Clive Palmer has done & represents.

The law application against Colombaris is no where near as complicated as company/corporate law which Palmer hides behind ....

he will get his.  Angry

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print