Uluru - the Rock (Read 6669 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Uluru - the Rock
Reply #45 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 8:48am

Jasin wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 6:25pm:
Yes. Why climb it?
I climbed the Himalaya's (6800m) and I was embarressed by all the 'rubbish' in the Everest valley and around Everest Base Camp (lots more around the bases of many Mountains). Did you see that clip a few months back of how 12 climbers died in one period where there was a few hundred metres of a line-up near the summit packed with climbers waiting for their 15mins of sumit fame? Pretty sad really.
With people dying and freaks doing nude climbs - I kinda don't blame the 'Protectors of the Land' (cuz Whitey don't) wanting to stop the stupidity.

From above. Uluru (not that boring Christianised name) is shaped like a human heart and now it has an ugly trodden path 'scar' upon it.

Shaped like a diseased heart more like it.

You're probably a Hindmarsh Island believer that it looks like a womens pubic area from the air(which it does not) .... secret womens business ey? As if they would have known way back what it looked like from the air. Roll Eyes

And Ayres Rock has more natural lines across it than scars from walking tracks.  Roll Eyes

uluruair.jpg (42 KB | 10 )
uluruair.jpg

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 8:54am

Murry Cuncher wrote on Jul 20th, 2019 at 8:31pm:
Jasin wrote on Jul 20th, 2019 at 8:26pm:
They are making the Remake of Dune.
But this time they are taking it book by book for each movie rather than try and cram it all in with just one movie.
Apparently they are aiming it as something that takes the next step after where Game of Thrones finished.

The original was a pretty good stoner movie though. After wandering around Video Easy for an hour and not finding anything, I'd just grab Dune, again, then grab a kebab and go rub one out on my extra large bean bag.

Jerking off to Dune ey? You should eat cheesels instead of kebab ..... puts a different colour on things  Grin Tongue

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 9:28am

Gnads wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 8:48am:
Yes. Why climb it?
I climbed the Himalaya's (6800m) and I was embarressed by all the 'rubbish' in the Everest valley and around Everest Base Camp (lots more around the bases of many Mountains). Did you see that clip a few months back of how 12 climbers died in one period where there was a few hundred metres of a line-up near the summit packed with climbers waiting for their 15mins of sumit fame? Pretty sad really.
With people dying and freaks doing nude climbs - I kinda don't blame the 'Protectors of the Land' (cuz Whitey don't) wanting to stop the stupidity.

From above. Uluru (not that boring Christianised name) is shaped like a human heart and now it has an ugly trodden path 'scar' upon it.

You're probably a Hindmarsh Island believer that it looks like a womens pubic area from the air(which it does not) .... secret womens business ey? As if they would have known way back what it looked like from the air. Roll Eyes

And Ayres Rock has more natural lines across it than scars from walking tracks.  Roll Eyes

That's not what the secret women's business is about.

I'm not in the least surprised that you are sadly misinformed.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Holdfast

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:26pm

Uluru, Ayres Rock, call it what you will, is just big protrusion of sandstone.

The rock and the universe is utterly indifferent about which animal species climb it, or doesn't climb it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:33pm

mothra wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 9:28am:
Yes. Why climb it?

Wasn't that found to be a big load of crap Mothra?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:39pm

Gnads is exactly right-

wiki- That the island was regarded as a fertility site, as its shape and that of the surrounding wetlands resembled female reproductive anatomy when viewed from the air. It was also suggested that the Ngarrindjeri name for the island, Kumarangk, was similar to the word for pregnancy, or woman.[16]

Like Gnads was eluding to- I didn't know abos could fly.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:48pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:33pm:
Yes. Why climb it?

Ultimately no. But they still built the bridge.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:52pm

mothra wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:48pm:
Yes. Why climb it?

Yes it was. Even many of the local aboriginal women backed away from the claims.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:53pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:52pm:
Yes. Why climb it?

Yes it was. Even many of the local aboriginal women backed away from the claims.

No Hammer. Upon a second trial, the story was deemed not to be fabricated

And not many, a few.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:00pm

mothra wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 2:53pm:
Yes. Why climb it?

And not many, a few.

So explain to me how aboriginal women said the island looks like a pussy from the air?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:05pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:00pm:
Yes. Why climb it?

And not many, a few.

So explain to me how aboriginal women said the island looks like a pussy from the air?

That wasn't cited as the reason it was of significance, more confirmation to the Ngarrindjeri that indeed the island represents what they believed it did.

You are aware that land formations hold specific mythology? Well, in this case, the fact that they felt the island looked like a women's reproductive parts just confirmed what they felt it was all about.

It wasn't a reason ... it was corroboration.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:09pm

mothra wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:05pm:
Yes. Why climb it?

And not many, a few.

That wasn't cited as the reason it was of significance, more confirmation to the Ngarrindjeri that indeed the island represents what they believed it did.

You are aware that land formations hold specific mythology? Well, in this case, the fact that they felt the island looked like a women's reproductive parts just confirmed what they felt it was all about.

rubbish. look it up.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:10pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:09pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:05pm:
Yes. Why climb it?

And not many, a few.

rubbish. look it up.

i was there.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #58 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:13pm

What a crock of shite.

It's a damn rock.

But the primitives see an opportunity to be both assholes and get some extra cash, so they will kick up a stink about everything and anything to get noticed.

Simply put
They are predominantly lazy, worthless bludgers.
Predisposed to addiction
Lost and pathetic, they see no future for their race and culture because they have nothing to give.

But take.....this is their forte.
Hands out begging and demanding every opportunity
They see the land as a commodity to be sold for drugs and alcohol so they can immerse themselves in a world where the truth can be forgotten

The truth.....they have no relevance, are worthless and are doomed to fade into insignificance.

Just like the Tasmanian abbos, what is left of them?
Nothing, they are gone and have left nothing behind.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #59 - Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:25pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 21st, 2019 at 3:13pm:
What a crock of shite.

It's a damn rock.

But the primitives see an opportunity to be both assholes and get some extra cash, so they will kick up a stink about everything and anything to get noticed.

Simply put
They are predominantly lazy, worthless bludgers.
Predisposed to addiction
Lost and pathetic, they see no future for their race and culture because they have nothing to give.

But take.....this is their forte.
Hands out begging and demanding every opportunity
They see the land as a commodity to be sold for drugs and alcohol so they can immerse themselves in a world where the truth can be forgotten

The truth.....they have no relevance, are worthless and are doomed to fade into insignificance.

Just like the Tasmanian abbos, what is left of them?
Nothing, they are gone and have left nothing behind.

It matters not to me whatever you toss at the indigenous mob.  One thing you cannot avoid.....we invaded their Land, and destroyed their culture (almost.)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print