IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Uluru - the Rock
Reply #31 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:25pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:20am:
freediver wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:54pm:
Come to think of it, I have not seen a single aboriginal explain the need for the closure. But I have seen plenty of non-Aboriginals explain the need to respect their religious beliefs by banning white people.

I did a quick Google search, and this came up straight away:

"The traditional owners of Uluru ask you to respect our law and culture by not climbing Uluru.

"We Anangu have a responsibility to teach and safeguard visitors to our land. The climb can be dangerous. Too many people have died while attempting to climb Uluru. Many others have been injured while climbing.

"We feel great sadness when a person dies or is hurt on our land. We worry about you and we worry about your family. Our traditional law teaches us the proper way to behave."

Well written by a white person ... an arse covering exercise for WH&S so they can't be sued.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:36pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:25pm:
Come to think of it, I have not seen a single aboriginal explain the need for the closure. But I have seen plenty of non-Aboriginals explain the need to respect their religious beliefs by banning white people.

"The traditional owners of Uluru ask you to respect our law and culture by not climbing Uluru.

"We Anangu have a responsibility to teach and safeguard visitors to our land. The climb can be dangerous. Too many people have died while attempting to climb Uluru. Many others have been injured while climbing.

"We feel great sadness when a person dies or is hurt on our land. We worry about you and we worry about your family. Our traditional law teaches us the proper way to behave."

Well written by a white person ... .

No.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:41pm

Ignoring everything else whats the actual point of climbing it versus say walking up stairs.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:42pm

How do you know?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:46pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:41pm:
Ignoring everything else whats the actual point of climbing it versus say walking up stairs.

I would say that the only reason people are climbing it now, is to deliberately upset people.

Pretty sad.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #36 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:48pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:46pm:

I would say that the only reason people are climbing it now, is to deliberately upset people.

Pretty sad.

Apparently less than 20 per cent of visitors to Uluru actually do it. And they have had incidents of people playing golf, doing it nude etc.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 6:25pm

Yes. Why climb it?
I climbed the Himalaya's (6800m) and I was embarressed by all the 'rubbish' in the Everest valley and around Everest Base Camp (lots more around the bases of many Mountains). Did you see that clip a few months back of how 12 climbers died in one period where there was a few hundred metres of a line-up near the summit packed with climbers waiting for their 15mins of sumit fame? Pretty sad really.
With people dying and freaks doing nude climbs - I kinda don't blame the 'Protectors of the Land' (cuz Whitey don't) wanting to stop the stupidity.

From above. Uluru (not that boring Christianised name) is shaped like a human heart and now it has an ugly trodden path 'scar' upon it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #38 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:36pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:48pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:46pm:

Pretty sad.

Apparently less than 20 per cent of visitors to Uluru actually do it. And they have had incidents of people playing golf, doing it nude etc.

Wow - that's some serious sh1t.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #39 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:40pm

A far lower rate than in the general community....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:48pm

Uluru is the upturned tip of a 26km long underground former 'river' that became hard over time with its sediment.
The Olga's are the same.

It's the Head of the Snake (Rainbow Serpent).  Wink Grin

...maybe its a fossilised head of a giant Sand Worm from the Dune novels.

We could do with a 'House Atreides' to rid us of these USA Harkonnens and British 'Imperials' along with the International C.H.O.A.M corporations who now own most of our best Beers for starters.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Murry Cuncher

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jul 20th, 2019 at 8:22pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:48pm:
Uluru is the upturned tip of a 26km long underground former 'river' that became hard over time with its sediment.
The Olga's are the same.

It's the Head of the Snake (Rainbow Serpent).  Wink Grin

...maybe its a fossilised head of a giant Sand Worm from the Dune novels.

We could do with a 'House Atreides' to rid us of these USA Harkonnens and British 'Imperials' along with the International C.H.O.A.M corporations who now own most of our best Beers for starters.  Roll Eyes

Cool book is Dune. I wants me one of those suits you can pee and poop in which turns it into drinking water.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Jul 20th, 2019 at 8:26pm

They are making the Remake of Dune.
But this time they are taking it book by book for each movie rather than try and cram it all in with just one movie.
Apparently they are aiming it as something that takes the next step after where Game of Thrones finished.

IP Logged

Murry Cuncher

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 20th, 2019 at 8:31pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 20th, 2019 at 8:26pm:
They are making the Remake of Dune.
But this time they are taking it book by book for each movie rather than try and cram it all in with just one movie.
Apparently they are aiming it as something that takes the next step after where Game of Thrones finished.

The original was a pretty good stoner movie though. After wandering around Video Easy for an hour and not finding anything, I'd just grab Dune, again, then grab a kebab and go rub one out on my extra large bean bag.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jul 20th, 2019 at 11:16pm

Strong opener, Murry. I'll be keeping my eye on you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print