Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Uluru - the Rock (Read 6671 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Uluru - the Rock
Reply #15 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 2:09pm

it all went completely to pot when they lifted the prohibition on serving alcohol to indigenous

which was the intention, maybe

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 2:11pm

There are koalas on The Rock.

Who knew?

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #17 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 3:23pm

Jasin wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:05am:
Soon the 'Ban' of climbing Uluru and camping 'anywhere' around the Rock will come into place.

Aboriginals are fed up with campers leaving rubbish around (just like around Everest) and climbing Uluru to justify a pleasant experience in their boring white lives. Let alone pay for another boring Australian Tourism experience that is usually over-priced.

Aboriginals Win.
No more 'walkies' for the Whiteys.

Uluru (Ayres Rock)

HAHA is this a joke? the boongs leave more poo lying around than your average curry in an Indian city. Go and look at any of the crappy little communities and you will change your tune about these degenerates quick smart.

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #18 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 3:24pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 12:35pm:
House wrecked and all the beds & furniture outside

This is normal behavior from these primates.

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

barryfromthebush
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bum Chum
Reply #19 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 3:25pm

Is Jasin a boong?

Bumblywumbly

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 3:26pm

The abos will soon be whinging when the tourist dollar dries up. Then they'll backtrack.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #21 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:02pm

Arrrr - Pauline is on the case:-

https://au.news.yahoo.com/pauline-hanson-slams-impending-uluru-closure-023711901...

"Senator Pauline Hanson has continued her campaign against the closure of Uluru to the public, claiming imminent restrictions to the tourist spot similar to shutting down Bondi Beach.

Appearing on Nine’s The Today Show on Monday morning, the One Nation leader told host Deb Knight the upcoming closure of Uluru, formerly known as Ayers Rock, will prove devastating for the Indigenous area’s economy.

“The fact is, it’s money-making. It’s giving jobs to indigenous communities, and you’ve got thousands of tourists who go there every year and want to climb the rock,” she said.

“It employs over 400 people there, 38 per cent are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.”

Uluru, considered a sacred and holy place by traditional landowners, will close permanently to the public in October.

The impending closure has sparked a wave of tourists to the site, desperate to climb the rock before it gets shut off.

But Ms Hanson argued Uluru should be enjoyed by all, whether it be Australians or tourists visiting form overseas, allowing the area to capitalise on its popularity and repay the taxpayer for the government’s investment in the area in recent years.

“It is an iconic site for all Australians,” she said.

“I can’t see the cultural sensitivity when people have been climbing the rock for all these years, and all of a sudden they want to shut it down?

“I don’t get it, I really don’t get it.”

Ms Hanson has previously called on Minister for Indigenous Australians Ken Wyatt to reconsider the closure, suggesting it will “cripple” tourist areas such as Alice Springs.

And the politician was particularly vocal over the contribution fears for climbers’ safety at the site made towards the decision to restrict access.

“It’s no different to coming out and saying, ‘We’re going to close down Bondi Beach because there are some people that have drowned’. How ridiculous is that?”

There have been 35 recorded deaths at Uluru, while many others have been injured while embarking on the climb.

Radio personality Steve Price, who also appeared on the Today Show agreed with Ms Hanson, saying the Indigenous population need to understand utilising the rock would bring much needed finances to the area.

“If it’s well managed... I don’t have an issue with it. We need to sit down with them and explain this could be a positive for them,” he said.

Backlash over lack of Indigenous voice

Following the debate, there was significant backlash online about The Today Show’s choice of guests to discuss the matter, with a lack of an Indigenous voice concerning to many.

“How about you get an Indigenous persons perspective on this?” one person asked on Twitter.

“This show should get a gold Logie for ‘whitesplaining’” another said."

Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool

Apres nous la deluge!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:54pm

Come to think of it, I have not seen a single aboriginal explain the need for the closure. But I have seen plenty of non-Aboriginals explain the need to respect their religious beliefs by banning white people.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #23 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 6:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 11:54am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 11:51am:
People are also banned from climbing the Pyramids aren't they?

Never heard of that....... maybe so..... have no desire to climb them or visit their country... the pyramids are man-made structures so some 'ownership' could be attributed - a Rock is a natural object and a national - repeat .. NATIONAL treasure.... not someone's personal backyard on land not purchased .....

Actually, I think I heard something about that.

But it wasn't for religious or cultural reasons, it was because people were falling off the damn things and hurting themselves.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #24 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 6:36pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 12:30pm:
Jasin wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:05am:
Soon the 'Ban' of climbing Uluru and camping 'anywhere' around the Rock will come into place.

Aboriginals are fed up with campers leaving rubbish around (just like around Everest) and climbing Uluru to justify a pleasant experience in their boring white lives. Let alone pay for another boring Australian Tourism experience that is usually over-priced.

Aboriginals Win.
No more 'walkies' for the Whiteys.

Uluru (Ayres Rock)

That's the biggest contradiction of the lot.

Here's how they treat their own communities.

Ya beat me to it.

Every aboriginal settlement or aboriginal house I have seen (except for a few exceptions, very few exceptions) look like dumps.
They are in fact generally filthily creatures.

Many years ago in Sydney, the house next door to my parents came up for rent.
A couple of abbos moved in, and at first were nice and quiet, even quite easy to speak to.
Then the extended family arrived.
over the next week, Fights broke out, doors were ripped off the fittings, windows broken.

Dad called the fire brigade when they set the lounge room on fire (Dads house was a semi detached cottage next door)
When the fire brigade arrived they tried to put out the open fire in the middle of the lounge room floor (a wooden floor mind you) But they were set upon by several drunk abbos.
Then the cops arrived, and so did I when dad rang me and told me about the problem.
A 78 year old man and his wife should not be subjected to that shite.

When the cops arrived the abbos jumped the fence and tried to escape through dads house, pushing him out of the way and causing him to fall, lucky for them with no injury to him.
Then they spotted me standing in the doorway with my Sai, they did a quick about turn and ran back into the cops arms.

Fire out the house was deserted with all the abbos carted away.
The next day, the lovely Greek gentleman who owned the house came to survey the damage.
He was dreadfully upset, he worked hard to make it a nice house and the rent was his pension.

He repaired the house, but he wanted no more abbos.
But its illegal to stipulate that in a rental situation, so he only rented privately.

Abbos respect nothing, because they get everything for nothing.
If you don't work for something, you don't value it as much.

If Ayres rock could have been burned, it would no longer be.
If they could have destroyed it, it would be destroyed.
They committed Genocide to the first Australians, but this is not mentioned.

We need to cut the apron strings.
Get them off the tit
Kick them out of the nest
so that they either survive or fade into insignificance to where they belong.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 9:05pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 6:21pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 11:54am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 11:51am:
People are also banned from climbing the Pyramids aren't they?

Never heard of that....... maybe so..... have no desire to climb them or visit their country... the pyramids are man-made structures so some 'ownership' could be attributed - a Rock is a natural object and a national - repeat .. NATIONAL treasure.... not someone's personal backyard on land not purchased .....

Actually, I think I heard something about that.

But it wasn't for religious or cultural reasons, it was because people were falling off the damn things and hurting themselves.

Slippery slope these pyramid schemes........  Cool

On news tonight they repeated the '35 people have died climbing Ayers Rock' - which figure I've debunked previously as being a single digit percentage of the annual rate of death... if 'tourists pissing in the water holes' was as well founded as that one, along with 'leaving rubbish'....... nothing happened.

Extremism demands that you always look at an extreme - for example, if one wishes to discuss domestic violence and the reality that countless people can be 'legally' sanctioned by a court for doing no wrong - the extremist will point to the one broken arm and black eye as the norm, and the shorten logic will be applied, in that it if one broken arm or black eye can be prevented, it is better to persecute 10,000 innocents under a false application of law.

Same here - in the sense that exaggeration of small issues is carried out as a matter of course.... and a couple of chocolate wrappers becomes a pile of rubbish.... the water holes are polluted but only by visitors etc, and the 'spiritual' aspect of it is held only by a tiny group of the self-interested, and has nothing to do with the uplifting experience of any who walk The Rock.

I say tell 'em to go to buggary.
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2019 at 9:11pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 9:12pm

freediver wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:54pm:
Come to think of it, I have not seen a single aboriginal explain the need for the closure. But I have seen plenty of non-Aboriginals explain the need to respect their religious beliefs by banning white people.

What would QANTAS think if Israel Folau said that?   Cool

(a simple 'touche`, sir' would be nice....)

― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #27 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:03am

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:20am

freediver wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:54pm:

I did a quick Google search, and this came up straight away:

"The traditional owners of Uluru ask you to respect our law and culture by not climbing Uluru.

"We Anangu have a responsibility to teach and safeguard visitors to our land. The climb can be dangerous. Too many people have died while attempting to climb Uluru. Many others have been injured while climbing.

"We feel great sadness when a person dies or is hurt on our land. We worry about you and we worry about your family. Our traditional law teaches us the proper way to behave."

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:30am

Ayers Rock, if you don't mind.

Call it by the proper name.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print