Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Are Jihad and Martyrdom in the Bible? (Read 6115 times)
Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Are Jihad and Martyrdom in the Bible?
Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 8:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 8:36pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 6:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 5:25pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 5:06pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 4:59pm:
Of course, it all depends on how either word is defined.   Many right-wingers believe Jihad means "holy war" ...

Many Muslims as well.   Smiley

Some, perhaps.  Most I believe know the meaning of the word much better than most Westerners do...   Roll Eyes

Some?  Perhaps?

Can you get any more spinelessly apologetic and cringing?  Roll Eyes

Nope.  I am merely being vague because I lack numbers to be accurate, Secret.   

Tell me, what do you think about the idea that Muslims are riven by an internal schism caused by the misreading of the Q'ran by the Fundamentalists compared to the Moderates...

You are not being vague because you lack numbers you are being vague because you are dishonest.  “Perhaps”  Grin Grin Grin

It’s an instinct with you, to sanitise and to defend Islam, to diminish if you cannot at least outright deny (though the idiocy of “perhaps” gets close), that jihad also means choppy choppy and holding up decapitated heads and all the other gory glory indulged in by Muslims as declared jihad.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:00pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 8:53pm:
Of course, it all depends on how either word is defined.   Many right-wingers believe Jihad means "holy war" ...

Some, perhaps.  Most I believe know the meaning of the word much better than most Westerners do...   Roll Eyes

Some?  Perhaps?

Tell me, what do you think about the idea that Muslims are riven by an internal schism caused by the misreading of the Q'ran by the Fundamentalists compared to the Moderates...

You are not being vague because you lack numbers you are being vague because you are dishonest.  “Perhaps”  Grin Grin Grin

It’s an instinct with you, to sanitise and to defend Islam, to diminish if you cannot at least outright deny (though the idiocy of “perhaps” gets close), that jihad also means choppy choppy and holding up decapitated heads and all the other gory glory indulged in by Muslims as declared jihad.

You declare this to be a common trait amongst Muslims but in reality it is only a tiny minority who do that, Secret.  There are approximate 1.6-1.8 billion Muslims in the world.  If this was a common trait, why are so relatively few engaging in it?   Roll Eyes

What I prefer is not to stereotype people and to play them a fair hand.   You OTOH appear to be an Islamophobe who just hates Muslims 'cause they are well, Muslims.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:01pm

Some?  Perhaps?

Just one schism Brian? 

Misreading eh?   Nuffin to do wiv Islam then eh?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:05pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:01pm:

Some?  Perhaps?

Just one schism Brian? 

No, there are many, Secret however this is the one I am interested in discussing now.  You have however decided instead to go off on an Islamophobic walkabout.  Funny that, hey?

Quote:

Not much actually.  Indeed, the entire suicide bomb thing was taken from the Tamil Tigers.  It has little to do with Islam at all.   Funny how that keeps getting ignored by people like you...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:08pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:00pm:

Some?  Perhaps?

You declare this to be a common trait amongst Muslims but in reality it is only a tiny minority who do that, Secret.  There are approximate 1.6-1.8 billion Muslims in the world.  If this was a common trait, why are so relatively few engaging in it?   Roll Eyes

What I prefer is not to stereotype people and to play them a fair hand.   You OTOH appear to be an Islamophobe who just hates Muslims 'cause they are well, Muslims.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

What did I declare to be a common trait and  did I declare it? Point it out ya dishonest submissive.

It may upset you Brian but jihad also means choppy choppy to many Muslims.  No “perhaps” about it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:10pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:08pm:

Some?  Perhaps?

What did I declare to be a common trait and  did I declare it? Point it out ya dishonest submissive.

It may upset you Brian but jihad also means choppy choppy to many Muslims.  No “perhaps” about it.

Run along, Secret, run along.   Your unreserved use of the plural implies that you believe it is a common trait.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:05pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:01pm:

Some?  Perhaps?

Just one schism Brian? 

No, there are many, Secret however this is the one I am interested in discussing now.  You have however decided instead to go off on an Islamophobic walkabout.  Funny that, hey?

Quote:

Not much actually.  Indeed, the entire suicide bomb thing was taken from the Tamil Tigers.  It has little to do with Islam at all.   Funny how that keeps getting ignored by people like you...   Roll Eyes

Hehehe, ya clown. So far the only one talking about suicide bombing is you.  I mentioned choppy choppy and holding up decapitated heads.  But I’ll indulge your idiocy, like it or not, suicide bombing has a lot to do with Islam at the moment, you know, on account of  the Islamic suicide bombers. 

But you want to discuss a misreading, go ahead, tell me why Muslims who think jihad means holy war are wrong.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:10pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 9:08pm:

Some?  Perhaps?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Run along, Secret, run along.   Your unreserved use of the plural implies that you believe it is a common trait.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Weak as piss Brian. What I said was “many Muslims as well” so not unreserved at all.

Though I can see why you are keen to bail out, you always do after you make a dick of yourself then cast around for an excuse to run away.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 8:21am

Brian recently started another thread comparing the Bible and the Quran, then ran away.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 11:36am

Actually, even the jihadi knuckleheads consider jihad to be an inner struggle. Their videos and suicide notes all confirm this.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 5:19pm

2.216  Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.
3.156 O ye who believe! Be not like the Unbelievers, who say of their brethren, when they are travelling through the Earth or engaged in fighting: "If they had stayed with us, they would not have died, or been slain." This that Allah may make it a cause of sighs and regrets in their hearts. It is Allah that gives Life and Death, and Allah sees well all that ye do.
3.157 And if ye are slain, or die, in the way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all they could amass.
3.158 : And if ye die, or are slain, Lo! it is unto Allah that ye are brought together.
3.169 : Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;
4:74Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.
4.095 : Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-
7:4How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them.
8.001 They ask thee (O Muhammad) of the spoils of war. Say: The spoils of war belong to Allah and the messenger, so keep your duty to Allah, and adjust the matter of your difference, and obey Allah and His messenger, if ye are (true) believers.
8.012: Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."
8.041: And know that out of all the booty that ye may acquire (in war), a fifth share is assigned to Allah,- and to the Messenger, and to near relatives, orphans, the needy, and the wayfarer,- if ye do believe in Allah and in the revelation We sent down to Our servant on the Day of Testing,- the Day of the meeting of the two forces. For Allah hath power over all things.
8:67It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.
8.69: But (now) enjoy what ye took in war, lawful and good: but fear Allah: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
8:74 Those who believed and left their homes and strove for the cause of Allah, and those who took them in and helped them - these are the believers in truth. For them is pardon, and bountiful provision.
9:41 Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew.
009.111: Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.
9.029 : Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
9.038 : O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter.

Continued next post.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 5:20pm

continued from above post

9.039 : Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things.
9:41 Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew.
9.044 : Those who believe in Allah and the Last Day ask thee for no exemption from fighting with their goods and persons. And Allah knoweth well those who do their duty.
9.088: But the Messenger, and those who believe with him, strive and fight with their wealth and their persons: for them are (all) good things: and it is they who will prosper.
9.090 : And there were, among the desert Arabs (also), men who made excuses and came to claim exemption; and those who were false to Allah and His Messenger (merely) sat inactive. Soon will a grievous penalty seize the Unbelievers among them.
9.93 The road (of blame) is only against those who ask for leave of thee (to stay at home) when they are rich. They are content to be with the useless. Allah hath sealed their hearts so that they know not.
9.111: Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme
22.058 : Those who leave their homes in the cause of Allah, and are then slain or die,- On them will Allah bestow verily a goodly Provision: Truly Allah is He Who bestows the best provision
33:27 And He caused you to inherit their land and their houses and their wealth, and land ye have not trodden. Allah is ever Able to do all things.
47.004 : Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.
48.015: Those who lagged behind (will say), when ye (are free to) march and take booty (in war): "Permit us to follow you." They wish to change Allah's decree: Say: "Not thus will ye follow us: Allah has already declared (this) beforehand": then they will say, "But ye are jealous of us." Nay, but little do they understand (such things).
48:19 And much booty that they will capture. Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.
48:20 Allah promiseth you much booty that ye will capture, and hath given you this in advance, and hath withheld men's hands from you, that it may be a token for the believers, and that He may guide you on a right path.
61.004 : Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.

Jihad spiritual my goodness me, what will they come up with next?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 6:29pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 11:36am:

Actually, even the jihadi knuckleheads consider jihad to be an inner struggle. Their videos and suicide notes all confirm this.

Inner struggle to murder as many people as possible for Allan = Islam. They are doing Allan's work and it's religious freedom, innit? Brilliant.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 7:42pm

Frank wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 6:29pm:

Inner struggle to murder as many people as possible for Allan = Islam. They are doing Allan's work and it's religious freedom, innit? Brilliant.

Soren, who's this "Allan" bloke?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 8:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 7:42pm:
Frank wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 6:29pm:

Soren, who's this "Allan" bloke?   Roll Eyes

Oh, he has a radio program with a restaurant owner who rings up every day to discuss current affairs and spruik the special of the day.

Breakfast With Alan, 2GB.

The old boy listens to ABC Classical, but he's quite the fan.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print