Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
Muslims keeping a slave in Western Sydney (Read 17786 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslims keeping a slave in Western Sydney
Reply #225 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 4:51pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 3:36pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 3:22pm:
Gnads wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 3:11pm:
You forget the Thais, Indian & Filipinos that go to the UAE & Saudi Arabia to work .... that are not paid & locked up as sex slaves.

Oh ....  & the European women who are lured there for the same to happen to them.

Not indentured at all..... slaves period.

Nothing to do with Islam of course.  Roll Eyes

Ah yes, "lured" over there on work visas with employment contracts.

The only good thing about the Saudis: they pay up.

You don't know what motivated these people karnal. Neither do I.  Islam dictates how a Muslim person conducts their life. And these people are Muslims so it's logical to assume it played a part in their actions. Personally I believe it's more a cultural thing with the problem of Afghan slavery in Australia. Indians are over represented also so I believe it's to do with the dowry  system and arranged marriage. This is my take- they arranged a marriage with relos in Afghanistan and the son didn't like her so they tried to piss her back off there. But she came back. Because she was so desperate to stay in Australia they used that and turned her into a slave. They thought "well, let's turn a bad situation into a good one. She won't dob or we'll threaten to ring the immigration department".

And you, I think, would be right - a patriarchal system engrained in the culture of the Middle East and Central Asia - a traditional cultural system that predates religion, one that traverses Buddhists in Mongolia and Nepal, Hindus in India and Muslims (hypothetically) in Afghanistan.

It's not Islamic. Amongst Muslims, you see a diversity of attitudes towards women, from Turks and Kurds to Saudis and Pashtuns.

Some tribes have such fixed beliefs about gender, they will happily kill their daughters and sisters to save what they see as their honour. This happens in India and Nepal just as it does in Pakistan.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #226 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:14pm

Muhammad created an oppressive monoculture out of what was previously a multicultural society. I can't see the Arab pagans treating women worse than under Muhammad. Even Muhammad's favourite child bride complained that Muslim women suffer the most.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #227 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:16pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:33am:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:07pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:48pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:45pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:44pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:42pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:10pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 6:37pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:18am:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:11am:
One more time for the dimwitted. You said this:

Quote:
Their religion - which was never mentioned - is completely irrelevant

Are you now backpedaling on this claim?

Not at all.

Here it is again:

Their religion - which was never mentioned - is completely irrelevant.

So, any idea why the word 'Muslims' appears in the thread title?

I'm still curious.

So how can you insist their religion was irrelevant at the same time as acknowledging that religion sometimes does have something to do with slavery? Do you know something in particular about this case on which you can exclude the role of religion?

Are they religious, FD?

I didn't see that in the article.

How do you know that religion is irrelevant?

Is the mere mention of Islam all it takes for you to lose the ability to hold a coherent thought?

Why are you mentioning Islam?

I'm curious.

I am asking whether Islam is the cause of your loss of spine. I don't see you turning into a blubbering imbecile for any other religion.

Why are you asking about Islam?

I'm curious.

The thread is about slavery.

Like I said, you seem to be blaming the mention of Muslims in the thread title for you turning into a blubbering imbecile. Is that why you insisted religion is irrelevant? Because someone mentioned Islam?

Why did someone mention Islam?

Why don't you ask them instead of me Greg, and speak for yourself instead of slithering away every time.

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:01am:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:55am:
Quote:
Religion usually has nothing to do with slavery.

Wow. Only 3 pages of Greg's moronic tapdancing to get a straight answer. That might be a record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_slavery

The sharīʿah (divine law) regarded as legal slaves only those non-Muslims who were imprisoned or bought beyond the borders of Islamic rule, or the sons and daughters of slaves already in captivity.[4] In later classical Islamic law, the topic of slavery is covered at great length.

The Arab slave trade was most active in West Asia, North Africa, and Southeast Africa. Muslim traders exported as many as 17 million slaves to the coast of the Indian Ocean, the Middle East, and North Africa.[12] In the early 20th century (post World War I), slavery was gradually outlawed and suppressed in Muslim lands, largely due to pressure exerted by Western nations such as Britain and France.[5] For example, Saudi Arabia and Yemen only abolished slavery in 1962 under pressure from Britain; Oman followed suit in 1970, and Mauritania in 1905, 1981, and again in August 2007.[13] However, slavery claiming the sanction of Islam is documented presently in the predominantly Islamic countries of Chad, Mauritania, Niger, Mali, and Sudan.

Are you saying you know that these people were not Muslims, or do you include Islam when you say that religion usually has nothing to do with slavery?

Do you know what the word "usually" means, FD?

I'm curious.

Religion usually has nothing to do with slavery.

Sometimes it does, on rare occasions.

However, it usually has nothing to do with slavery.

Moreover, there is no mention of the alleged perpetrators' religion in the article.

So, it makes one wonder why you keep mentioning Islam, and why the word 'Muslims' appears in the thread title.

Any clues as to why?

Greg is your logic here inspired by Islam? How do you get from religion "usually" has nothing to do with slavery to telling everyone that religion is irrelevant in this particular case?

Are you lying, or just confused?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #228 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:17pm

You forget the Thais, Indian & Filipinos that go to the UAE & Saudi Arabia to work .... that are not paid & locked up as sex slaves.

Oh ....  & the European women who are lured there for the same to happen to them.

Really?

Quote:
Saudi Arabia is a destination for men and women from South East Asia and East Africa trafficked for the purpose of labor exploitation, and for children from Yemen, Afghanistan, and Africa trafficking for forced begging. Hundreds of thousands of low-skilled workers from Pakistan, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Kenya migrate voluntarily to Saudi Arabia; some fall into conditions of involuntary servitude, suffering from physical and sexual abuse, non-payment or delayed payment of wages, the withholding of travel documents, restrictions on their freedom of movement and non-consensual contract alterations. According to international organizations such as Ansar Burney Trust, young children from Bangladesh and India are also smuggled to Saudi Arabia to be used as jockeys. The children are underfed to reduce their weights, in order to lighten the load on the camel.

Pay up?... bs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Saudi_Arabia

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #229 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:24pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:17pm:

Really?

Quote:
Saudi Arabia is a destination for men and women from South East Asia and East Africa trafficked for the purpose of labor exploitation, and for children from Yemen, Afghanistan, and Africa trafficking for forced begging. Hundreds of thousands of low-skilled workers from Pakistan, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Kenya migrate voluntarily to Saudi Arabia; some fall into conditions of involuntary servitude, suffering from physical and sexual abuse, non-payment or delayed payment of wages, the withholding of travel documents, restrictions on their freedom of movement and non-consensual contract alterations. According to international organizations such as Ansar Burney Trust, young children from Bangladesh and India are also smuggled to Saudi Arabia to be used as jockeys. The children are underfed to reduce their weights, in order to lighten the load on the camel.

Pay up?... bs.

Good point, Gonads. You proved me wrong.

Never trust a Saudi.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #230 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 11:51am

Hm don't understand the problem? I've thought that Yobbos convicts and Muslims are perfect match.
Grin

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #231 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 11:55am

capitosinora wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 11:51am:
Hm don't understand the problem? I've thought that Yobbos convicts and Muslims are perfect match.
Grin

What has  that comment got to do with 2 men and a woman keeping a slave?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #232 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:47pm

Every true believer should have a keffir as slave..... it is written!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #233 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:49pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 11:55am:
Grin

Two and a Half Men And a Slave?  Is this an offshoot of that dreary, endless Charlie Sheen thing?

Carlos Estevez - Sheen - get it - a slick.. a greaser.. like his dad Martino Estevez....Martin Sheen the slick greaser...

Sad, innit, the way Hollywood can be nasty underneath.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #234 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:50pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:24pm:
Gnads wrote on Jul 15th, 2019 at 5:17pm:

Really?

Quote:

Pay up?... bs.

Good point, Gonads. You proved me wrong.

Never trust a Saudi.

Feminist religion of peace, innit?  And nowhere more evident than is Saudi Arabia, where the heads roll free...

― John Adams

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #235 - Jul 18th, 2019 at 1:55pm

Grin

They both came in Aussieland as slaves.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #236 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:46pm

capitosinora wrote on Jul 18th, 2019 at 1:55pm:
Grin

They both came in Aussieland as slaves.

You're talking through your southern gate again. Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print