Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Muslims keeping a slave in Western Sydney (Read 17746 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslims keeping a slave in Western Sydney
Reply #165 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 12:55pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:20am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 9:02pm:
Quote:
...........  A 39-year-old man, his 28-year-old brother and their 58-year-old mother were arrested at a home in Merrylands on Wednesday.

...........  historic allegations of slavery against the 39-year-old man, who was married to the Afghani woman, and his previous wife about six years ago.

........travelling to Afghanistan on a one-way ticket in January last year.........

........ travelling to Afghanistan with her husband ........

....... The 28-year-old man has been charged with exercising powers of ownership over a slave.

.......... reopening of a 2013 referral relating to allegations of domestic servitude involving the 39-year-old man’s first wife.          ............

all very islamic

That's the victim, Sprint.

It appears that the victim is a Muslim.

However, there is no mention of the alleged perpetrators' religion, or nationality.

Grin Grin Gawd you're pathetic.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #166 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:59pm

Like this?

https://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2018/02/muslim-inbreeding-dragging-britain...

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/muslim-inbreeding-huge-problem-and-p...

"Recently I was discussing culture with an educated person whom I respect. Over bourbon, we talked about various matters, including religion. The conversation was interesting but uneventful until he dropped this line.

“You do know half of the Arab world is inbred, right?”

It was a jarring line. It sounded both coarse and false. I politely answered that, no, I was not aware of this particular fact. I must have been smirking, because he persisted. “It’s true. Look it up.”

It was at this point I expressed skepticism. Perhaps he meant some villages in the Arab or Muslim world? Nope, he said.

I said I’d look into the matter, something I did several weeks later. To my surprise, I found an abundance of information on the subject. To my embarrassment, I found that my friend was pretty much right. Reliable research suggests consanguineous marriage rates in many Arab nations are as high as 50 percent.

How did I not know this? I decided to keep investigating.

A Google search of “Islam Inbreeding” will lead one to the case of Salha al-Hefthi, a 17-year-old Saudi girl who was profiled by the New York Times in 2003. Ms. Hefthi’s parents told her how lucky she was to be marrying someone from her own tribe, her paternal uncle’s son—her first cousin. The couple had two healthy boys but their third child, a girl, was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy, a genetic disorder that usually is fatal. The couple would have three more children born with the disease.

Ms. Hefthi told the Times she had no idea inbreeding often leads to genetic defects. This is not uncommon in Saudi Arabia, which is why genetic disorders are so rampant.

“Saudi Arabia is a living genetics laboratory,” Dr. Stephen R. Schroeder, executive director of the Prince Salman Center for Disability Research, told the Times. “Here you can study 10 families to study genetic disorders, where you would need 10,000 families to study genetic disorders in the United States.”

But it’s not just Saudi Arabia, or the Middle East for that matter. Inbreeding is surprisingly common in many Muslim nations and communities, evidence shows.

About 40 percent of the population marries a cousin in Egypt, according to a 2016 report in The Economist, while the percentage in Jordan is 32 percent.

“Rates are thought to be even higher in tribal countries such as Iraq and the Gulf states of Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Kuwait,” says the Economist.

A 2005 BBC survey found that 55 percent of Britain’s huge Pakistani population was married to a first cousin.

There are at least two reasons inbreeding is so common in parts of the Muslim world (in addition to ignorance of its link to genetic defects): tradition and religion.

In many parts of the Islamic world, it’s considered unusual if not offensive to marry someone outside of one’s family or tribe. The pressure to marry a family member can be intense.

A 38-year-old Egyptian woman with two sons suffering from micro-syndrome, for example, explained to the Economist how she was criticized by relatives for allowing her teenage daughter to marry “a stranger” instead of a family member.

But the pressure can go beyond mere criticism. In recent years, European nations have seen young Muslim women killed for refusing to marry a family member. Honor killings, such as this 21-year-old Kurdish woman in Germany who was gunned down at a wedding after declining an arranged marriage with her cousin, are rare. But they demonstrate the emphasis Islamic culture places on “keeping it in the family.”

The precedent for consanguineous marriage comes from the Qur'an itself. Following his military conquests, the prophet Muhammad famously married his cherished daughter Fatimah to his cousin Ali, an act that was shown to be a great honor.

“I have married you to the dearest of my family to me,” Muhammed told Ali.

In fact, cousins are not even considered blood relatives in the Islamic tradition because the Qur'an does not forbid or condemn marriage between cousins. Here is what is said in chapter 4, verse 23 of the religious text:

“Prohibited to you (For marriage) are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (Who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone in,- no prohibition if ye have not gone in;- (Those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.”

As a result of this long religious tradition, convincing Muslims to stop the practice of inbreeding has proven difficult. 

“My dad would not accept that being married to his cousin could have affected his children,” said Aisha Khan, a 36-year-old Pakistani woman who lives in the UK and lost two siblings to genetic diseases. “He’d say, ‘The doctors are wrong. It’s in the hands of God.’”

But inbreeding is an issue that needs to be addressed, some European leaders say. The problem is that genetic deficiencies from consanguineous marriages is taxing European healthcare systems."

(ain't it a)... Cont ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #167 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:01pm

(ain't it a).. Cont ......

"The BBC’s research, for example, found that that while British Pakistanis accounted for roughly 3.4% of all births, “they had 30% of all British children with recessive disorders and a higher rate of infant mortality.”

One study found that each year 700 babies in the UK are born with genetic disabilities as a result of consanguineous marriage. Despite this epidemic of genetic defects in babies born from consanguineous marriages, there remains a reluctance in many Islamic leaders to acknowledge the full ramifications of marriage between cousins (see below).

However, it should be noted that one of the impediments to addressing the issue of consanguineous marriage and its side-effects has nothing to do with Muslims. A serious problem, some critics say, is the inability of Western thought leaders to give the issue sufficient attention. Many, it seems, are hesitant to broach the subject, perhaps out of fear they’ll be mocked as xenophobic or portrayed as an Islamophobe. That won’t do, critics say.

“It's a public health issue and we deal with public health issues by raising awareness, by talking about subjects such as obesity, such as drug addiction, such as alcohol,” Ann Cryer, a former British Labour Party politician, told The Telegraph. “But for some reason we're told that we mustn't talk about cousin marriages because this is a sensitive issue.”

The dialogue raises an important question: If we can’t talk about sensitive cultural issues, how are people of diverse backgrounds, faiths, and ethnicities ever going to live together peacefully?"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:02pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 12:55pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 7:20am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 9:02pm:
Quote:
...........  A 39-year-old man, his 28-year-old brother and their 58-year-old mother were arrested at a home in Merrylands on Wednesday.

...........  historic allegations of slavery against the 39-year-old man, who was married to the Afghani woman, and his previous wife about six years ago.

........travelling to Afghanistan on a one-way ticket in January last year.........

........ travelling to Afghanistan with her husband ........

....... The 28-year-old man has been charged with exercising powers of ownership over a slave.

.......... reopening of a 2013 referral relating to allegations of domestic servitude involving the 39-year-old man’s first wife.          ............

all very islamic

That's the victim, Sprint.

It appears that the victim is a Muslim.

However, there is no mention of the alleged perpetrators' religion, or nationality.

Grin Grin Gawd you're pathetic.

Why - because I stated a fact?

There is no mention of the alleged perpetrators' religion, or nationality.

Not one word.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #169 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 3:45pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 2:01pm:
(ain't it a).. Cont ......

"The BBC’s research, for example, found that that while British Pakistanis accounted for roughly 3.4% of all births, “they had 30% of all British children with recessive disorders and a higher rate of infant mortality.”

One study found that each year 700 babies in the UK are born with genetic disabilities as a result of consanguineous marriage. Despite this epidemic of genetic defects in babies born from consanguineous marriages, there remains a reluctance in many Islamic leaders to acknowledge the full ramifications of marriage between cousins (see below).

However, it should be noted that one of the impediments to addressing the issue of consanguineous marriage and its side-effects has nothing to do with Muslims. A serious problem, some critics say, is the inability of Western thought leaders to give the issue sufficient attention. Many, it seems, are hesitant to broach the subject, perhaps out of fear they’ll be mocked as xenophobic or portrayed as an Islamophobe. That won’t do, critics say.

“It's a public health issue and we deal with public health issues by raising awareness, by talking about subjects such as obesity, such as drug addiction, such as alcohol,” Ann Cryer, a former British Labour Party politician, told The Telegraph. “But for some reason we're told that we mustn't talk about cousin marriages because this is a sensitive issue.”

The dialogue raises an important question: If we can’t talk about sensitive cultural issues, how are people of diverse backgrounds, faiths, and ethnicities ever going to live together peacefully?"

Explains a lot.
No wonder they are so primitive, so insane, so terminally stupid.

This is probably the only way they can get people to become and stay muzzo.
They need absolutely insane, stupid people to worship a sociopath, cowardly, insane, self confessed pedophile, nutcase retard Muhammid the mad.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #170 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 6:37pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:18am:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:11am:
One more time for the dimwitted. You said this:

Quote:
Their religion - which was never mentioned - is completely irrelevant

Are you now backpedaling on this claim?

Not at all.

Here it is again:

Their religion - which was never mentioned - is completely irrelevant.

So, any idea why the word 'Muslims' appears in the thread title?

I'm still curious.

So how can you insist their religion was irrelevant at the same time as acknowledging that religion sometimes does have something to do with slavery? Do you know something in particular about this case on which you can exclude the role of religion?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:10pm

freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 6:37pm:

Quote:

Not at all.

Here it is again:

I'm still curious.

So how can you insist their religion was irrelevant at the same time as acknowledging that religion sometimes does have something to do with slavery? Do you know something in particular about this case on which you can exclude the role of religion?

Are they religious, FD?

I didn't see that in the article.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:13pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:10pm:

Perhaps that's because the article never mentioned religion Greg!

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #173 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:42pm

Quote:

Not at all.

Here it is again:

I'm still curious.

Are they religious, FD?

How do you know that religion is irrelevant?

Is the mere mention of Islam all it takes for you to lose the ability to hold a coherent thought?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:44pm

freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:42pm:

Quote:

Not at all.

Here it is again:

I'm still curious.

Are they religious, FD?

Is the mere mention of Islam all it takes for you to lose the ability to hold a coherent thought?

Why are you mentioning Islam?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #175 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:45pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:44pm:

Quote:

Not at all.

Here it is again:

I'm still curious.

Are they religious, FD?

I'm curious.

I am asking whether Islam is the cause of your loss of spine. I don't see you turning into a blubbering imbecile for any other religion.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:48pm

freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:45pm:

Quote:

Not at all.

Here it is again:

I'm still curious.

Are they religious, FD?

I'm curious.

I am asking whether Islam is the cause of your loss of spine. I don't see you turning into a blubbering imbecile for any other religion.

Why are you asking about Islam?

I'm curious.

The thread is about slavery.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #177 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:07pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:48pm:

Quote:

Not at all.

Here it is again:

I'm still curious.

Are they religious, FD?

I'm curious.

I'm curious.

Like I said, you seem to be blaming the mention of Muslims in the thread title for you turning into a blubbering imbecile. Is that why you insisted religion is irrelevant? Because someone mentioned Islam?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:28pm

freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:07pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:48pm:

Quote:

Not at all.

Here it is again:

I'm still curious.

Are they religious, FD?

I'm curious.

I'm curious.

Like I said, you seem to be blaming the mention of Muslims in the thread title for you turning into a blubbering imbecile. Is that why you insisted religion is irrelevant? Because someone mentioned Islam?

I doubt it's irrelevant to Pecca when a Catholic priest rapes a kid.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #179 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 8:14am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 9:01am:
freediver wrote on Jul 14th, 2019 at 8:55am:
Quote:
Religion usually has nothing to do with slavery.

Wow. Only 3 pages of Greg's moronic tapdancing to get a straight answer. That might be a record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_slavery

The sharīʿah (divine law) regarded as legal slaves only those non-Muslims who were imprisoned or bought beyond the borders of Islamic rule, or the sons and daughters of slaves already in captivity.[4] In later classical Islamic law, the topic of slavery is covered at great length.

The Arab slave trade was most active in West Asia, North Africa, and Southeast Africa. Muslim traders exported as many as 17 million slaves to the coast of the Indian Ocean, the Middle East, and North Africa.[12] In the early 20th century (post World War I), slavery was gradually outlawed and suppressed in Muslim lands, largely due to pressure exerted by Western nations such as Britain and France.[5] For example, Saudi Arabia and Yemen only abolished slavery in 1962 under pressure from Britain; Oman followed suit in 1970, and Mauritania in 1905, 1981, and again in August 2007.[13] However, slavery claiming the sanction of Islam is documented presently in the predominantly Islamic countries of Chad, Mauritania, Niger, Mali, and Sudan.

Are you saying you know that these people were not Muslims, or do you include Islam when you say that religion usually has nothing to do with slavery?

Do you know what the word "usually" means, FD?

I'm curious.

Religion usually has nothing to do with slavery.

Sometimes it does, on rare occasions.

However, it usually has nothing to do with slavery.

Moreover, there is no mention of the alleged perpetrators' religion in the article.

So, it makes one wonder why you keep mentioning Islam, and why the word 'Muslims' appears in the thread title.

Any clues as to why?

Greg is your logic here inspired by Islam? How do you get from religion "usually" has nothing to do with slavery to telling everyone that religion is irrelevant in this particular case?

Are you lying, or just confused?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Send Topic Print